PDA

View Full Version : New Signings.....

Malakite
27-06-2002, 02:17 AM
OK, so are we going to have any?..OR are we likely to be one of the ONLY bloomin' 1st division teams to not sign ANYONE before the start of the season??,...

Samo*
27-06-2002, 02:19 AM
I hope we get at least 1 :rolleyes:

Ben H
27-06-2002, 02:20 AM
No, we won't be signing anyone 'cos we're skint. Well we're not but that's what Jordan's telling everyone following the demise of ITV digital. :veryangry

Calder2
27-06-2002, 02:25 AM
No Hasan Sas then? :sob:

Maidstoned Eagle
27-06-2002, 02:42 AM
Why bother? However we buy will get slagged off by the knowledgable members of Homedale B Block, compared to all the other Palace greats that have played in that posistion and found to be nowhere near as good, used as an example of how TF doesn't know a good player if he peed on one and would lead to accusations towards SJ that he spent too much/little!

Jimbo ?
27-06-2002, 02:45 AM
We need a couple (maybe more) of signings if we really want to challenge the top 2 places
and there are players about who we should go for

Ben H
27-06-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Why bother? However we buy will get slagged off by the knowledgable members of Homedale B Block, compared to all the other Palace greats that have played in that posistion and found to be nowhere near as good, used as an example of how TF doesn't know a good player if he peed on one and would lead to accusations towards SJ that he spent too much/little!

True, whoever it is will get slagged off by some of the, dare I say, cretins of Block B who seem to think that Dean Austin is a good player and should be cheered because ' 'e clapsus' but that Akinbiyi is a complete and utter donkey who should be booed for the whole 90 minutes :rolleyes:

What?
27-06-2002, 04:44 AM
We should sign PJ.

Jaffa
27-06-2002, 04:47 AM
Hes as good as Michael Ricketts.

Only shorter, fatter and with elf like feet.

Beanie
27-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
No, we won't be signing anyone 'cos we're skint. Well we're not but that's what Jordan's telling everyone following the demise of ITV digital. :veryangry

The only published quote I've seen from SJ that gets "specific" says that we aren't skint - although the Digital thing hurt - we won't be selling, although we might if the deal is "right for Palace" and we could sign players, but we may not - it is all up to TF.

In other word the answer is - who knows, which we knew anyway!

firesign
27-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Has there been much transfer activity in the 1st div this summer? I don't think there's been a great deal - everyone is still a bit nervous about their finances.

GOD
27-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Everyone in Div 1 is skint except the three who can down - who soon will be!

Daddy Long
27-06-2002, 01:17 PM
Having Kit Symons and Tony Popovic fit will be like 2 new signings straight away.

pedro
27-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Calder2
No Hasan Sas then? :sob:

With the negative football we have played under TF we will need the SAS not Hasan Sas to get us out of relegation trouble next season. Lets hope we are a little more adventurous this time round as remember TF 'who dares wins!'. (SAS style not Del Boy style please)

Jimbo ?
27-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Having Kit Symons and Tony Popovic fit will be like 2 new signings straight away.

True but last year showed that our backup defence wasnt nearly good enough - I remember the stats show we won a very high number of games with first choice defence but 2nd choice we lost far too many!!

Beanie
27-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

True but last year showed that our backup defence wasnt nearly good enough - I remember the stats show we won a very high number of games with first choice defence but 2nd choice we lost far too many!!

Whilst the point may be right - I beleive these two played 5 games together, so what was the "first choice" defence the stats relate to?

jempie
27-06-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Beanie

Whilst the point may be right - I beleive these two played 5 games together, so what was the "first choice" defence the stats relate to?

good point Beanie. I don't think we need more defenders either.

Personally I think we need:

A right winger - hence we are linked with Ardley.
A midfielder - a creator to play alongside aki.
A striker - if Clinton goes.

Sleeping Giant
27-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Any half decent manager should be able to get to the playoffs with what we already have. OK with Ade out until November there may be a need for loan strike cover at some point. I'd love a ball playing, skillful midfielder who creates, but realistically all our eggs are in the Freedman and Morrison basket. Two of the biggest fancy dans you'll ever see on the defensive front and another ballet dancer in midfield would put immense strain on our new found defensive capabilities in the back line.
You certainly would lose Gray and/or Black from the lineup at the very least. This all assumes that TF will continue with 442 or 433 ofcourse. I can't see him going to 352 although it is what i'd prefer. If he did then you may get the creative signing to replace the Kirovski role in that formation.

Ian Hart
28-06-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Sleeping Giant
Any half decent manager should be able to get to the playoffs with what we already have.

That sort of comment worries me - and I realise you're not alone in that view Sleeping Giant - because there are possibly 12 teams in the division whose supporters will be saying exactly the same - in many cases with more justification. I'm unsure what such a view is based on. In the last couple of seasons we've been nearly relegated and then finished just above midway. This is not a great squad of players. It is a decent squad of players with some potential to improve. Anyone who thinks even Wenger or Ferguson would be certain to get it into the top 6 have, in my view, an inflated view of some players abilities.

Sure, many of them are useful. Many of the players in lots of teams are useful. But to guarantee a top 6 place, a couple of quality additions are essential, whoever is the Manager.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-06-2002, 09:09 AM
Whilst it's always exciting to have a new face or two I'm not too worried about the lack of new signings. Personally I think we need to sort out what we're going to do with what we already have first.
Hopefully TF can settle on a preffered system and Hayden can finally be given a settled position (if he stays) etc. etc. A bit of continuity would do us some good.

Amora Cabeza
28-06-2002, 02:10 PM
ina an all time best Palace XI cant believe Pardew got it. Before Palace semi final he was a always a target for the boo boys. Now a bullet riddled Sasa Curcic on crutches would beet no so supa Al and Salad boy in to the team any day of the week. :p

and who could forget Vince Hilaire:afro:

glaziers fan
28-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long

and then there is Tommy and Gray who might get more of a chance this season! Thats 4 new signings! Along with Routledge pushing his way into the side, things are looking up!

Jaffa
28-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Tommy, do me a favour.

glaziers fan
28-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jempie

good point Beanie. I don't think we need more defenders either.

Personally I think we need:

A right winger - hence we are linked with Ardley.
A midfielder - a creator to play alongside aki.
A striker - if Clinton goes.

As striker is not needed cos Clinton will stay. We dont need a right-winger because we have the best one in the division in Tommy Black. It's just Francis doesnt like playing wingers on both sides. It's too attacking! Thats why we have a shape worse than Vanessa before her diet!!

As for the creative midfielder, we desperately need one to play alongside aki.

Jaffa
28-06-2002, 08:23 PM
Whereas Tommy just looks like Vanessa before her diet.

Best winger in the 1st division?

Do me a favour.

I like the kid, but he cant cross, he is overweight and is prone to getting sent off.

glaziers fan
28-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Ian Hart

That sort of comment worries me - and I realise you're not alone in that view Sleeping Giant - because there are possibly 12 teams in the division whose supporters will be saying exactly the same - in many cases with more justification. I'm unsure what such a view is based on. In the last couple of seasons we've been nearly relegated and then finished just above midway. This is not a great squad of players. It is a decent squad of players with some potential to improve. Anyone who thinks even Wenger or Ferguson would be certain to get it into the top 6 have, in my view, an inflated view of some players abilities.

Sure, many of them are useful. Many of the players in lots of teams are useful. But to guarantee a top 6 place, a couple of quality additions are essential, whoever is the Manager.

Absolute rubbish! Continuity in quality tactics and the best personnel (ie gd team selection and few injuries) showed us just how good this team could be, ie TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Now, let's think, which players are Premiership standard!

Matt Clarke? V. good on crosses, gd shot stopper too, reasonable distribution. I think he's the best English goalkeeper bar none!

Tony Popovic? Fantastic calming influence, good in the air, solid in the tackle, good distribution. Definitely out of top drawer

Hayden Mullins? Can be sloppy, but pure CLASS in back 3. Gd distribution, fantastic acceleration, an incredible leap (regularly outjumps attackers to win headers against 6ft+ strikers), gd at reading game and excellent going forward. Top clubs are after him. Premiership class definitely

Julian Gray? Crossing needs improving, but skills to die for. Excellent technically, his control and first touch are superb. Will definitely improve. Target for Newcastle and Derby? Premiership class already, and can only improve

Dougie Freedman? player of season, and excellent scoring record for a creative striker like him, coupled with gd performances against Premiership teams means he is definitely Prem class

Clinton Morrison? Most natural goalscorer since Wright! Enough said!

Now, players who are gd 1st division players:-

Aki Riihilati tries 100%, pace, height with a gd shot. Needs to work on distribution.

Tommy Black needs to work on crosses and confidence.Strong, skills, pace, determination, shot, he has it all

Kit Symons Bags of experience, and competent enough in air, on deck and in distribution.

Ade Akinbiyi excellent first division goalscoring record, and tries his heart out. Definitely good enough as the 'battering ram'.

That is 10 players who are good enough if they gel. All we need is a 3-5-2 formation and a midfielder! Michael Brown and the job is done! Top of the league, no doubt!

PhilC
28-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan

and then there is Tommy and Gray who might get more of a chance this season! Thats 4 new signings! Along with Routledge pushing his way into the side, things are looking up!

and Rubins, that's 5!

AJ
28-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Simple, No!

Jaffa
28-06-2002, 08:46 PM

Absolute rubbish! Continuity in quality tactics and the best personnel (ie gd team selection and few injuries) showed us just how good this team could be, ie TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Matt Clarke? V. good on crosses, gd shot stopper too, reasonable distribution. I think he's the best English goalkeeper bar none!

Tony Popovic? Fantastic calming influence, good in the air, solid in the tackle, good distribution. Definitely out of top drawer

Hayden Mullins? Can be sloppy, but pure CLASS in back 3. Gd distribution, fantastic acceleration, an incredible leap (regularly outjumps attackers to win headers against 6ft+ strikers), gd at reading game and excellent going forward. Top clubs are after him. Premiership class definitely

Julian Gray? Crossing needs improving, but skills to die for. Excellent technically, his control and first touch are superb. Will definitely improve. Target for Newcastle and Derby? Premiership class already, and can only improve

Dougie Freedman? player of season, and excellent scoring record for a creative striker like him, coupled with gd performances against Premiership teams means he is definitely Prem class

Aki Riihilati tries 100%, pace, height with a gd shot. Needs to work on distribution.

Tommy Black needs to work on crosses and confidence.Strong, skills, pace, determination, shot, he has it all

Kit Symons Bags of experience, and competent enough in air, on deck and in distribution.

Ade Akinbiyi excellent first division goalscoring record, and tries his heart out. Definitely good enough as the 'battering ram'.

That is 10 players who are good enough if they gel. All we need is a 3-5-2 formation and a midfielder! Michael Brown and the job is done! Top of the league, no doubt!

Are you on narcotics?

Matt Clarke - best English goalkeeper bar none? Think James, Kirkland, Robinson, Seaman, Martyn, Wright, etc may disagree

Hayden Mullins - good in back 3... well thats great seeing as we play 4-4-2

Dougie Freedman - great Palace player but has proved before ISNT Premier Class

Rihiilahti, Black - pace? :eek:

Drugs. Terrible.

Sleeping Giant
29-06-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Jaffa

Yeah those 9 goals from 20 starts in a ***** Forest side that was relegated in 98/99 shows the guy's a complete chump at that level!

Celestial Empire
29-06-2002, 07:16 PM

What about the most important 'player' Glazier ? The manager ....... :moo:

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-06-2002, 07:50 PM
We should sign Kate from Big Bro, she can do keepy uppy very well and looks great in a pair of shorts, the opposition would be mesmerised, and it would put a few more bums on seats.

Geezer
29-06-2002, 08:04 PM
I know youll all laugh but id like to see hopkin on the right wing played properlly(thats why we didnt see the best fo him last season) gives a nice balance with rubins or gray on the left and i think would be better than Ardley.

Ruskin Old Boy
29-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Geezer
I know youll all laugh

...do turkeys vote for xmas:D :D :D :D

Ian Hart
30-06-2002, 04:18 AM

That is 10 players who are good enough if they gel.

Believe me, fans from half the teams in the division (including the three who were relegated) will be saying they've got "10 players who are good enough if they gel". In most cases, they'll be using as little objectivity as you have. But that's what makes a supporter :D

glaziers fan
30-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire

What about the most important 'player' Glazier ? The manager ....... :moo:

Dont get me started on him! He's a joke!

glaziers fan
30-06-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ian Hart

Believe me, fans from half the teams in the division (including the three who were relegated) will be saying they've got "10 players who are good enough if they gel". In most cases, they'll be using as little objectivity as you have. But that's what makes a supporter :D

I strongly disagree. But the only way my objectivity can be proved is if we get a decent manager who gets the best out of the players, and who plays the best players in their best positions!

As for the suggestion from some1 about Hopkin playing on the right-wing that is laughable. He doesnt have the pace. If anywhere play him in centre midfield. When u think back last season, we really lacked penetration down the right wing. Thats why we have no Balance, and we either need to play Tommy or get some1 else in like Etherington.

glaziers fan
30-06-2002, 08:24 PM

Yeah those 9 goals from 20 starts in a ***** Forest side that was relegated in 98/99 shows the guy's a complete chump at that level!

Thank you!! He was treated so harshly at Forest. No wonder they were relegated!! Also Jaffa, take a look at his performance against Everton in the cup last season. Not bad methinks

glaziers fan
30-06-2002, 09:41 PM

Are you on narcotics?

Matt Clarke - best English goalkeeper bar none? Think James, Kirkland, Robinson, Seaman, Martyn, Wright, etc may disagree

Hayden Mullins - good in back 3... well thats great seeing as we play 4-4-2

Rihiilahti, Black - pace? :eek:

Drugs. Terrible.

James is a clown! Have you never seen him in goal?! Admittedly he's improved but he's still dodgy on crosses. Kirkland I cannot comment on cos I haven't seen enough of him. Seaman has 'safe hands' and experience, but his reactions r quite slow now - i think he was at fault for the Sweden goal. Robinson, again is a fine shot stopper but is not tall enough to command his penalty area. Martyn is the same. And Richard Wright gets too nervous and has too many off days! Can u remember what a mare he had last time we played Ipswich at home?!
As far as I can remember, I only saw Clarke make one mistake all season, and it was hardly a costly one as we were leading 3-0 at the time! He was at fault for no other goal, and pulled off impressive saves one after another. His handling and ability to boss his penalty box was second to none, and quite simply, his displays have 'class' written all over them! Definitely in the top 5 of this nation's keepers, if I haven't by now convinced you he is the best. Put it this way, I wouldn't want any other goalkeeper between the sticks!

Mullins is awesome in a back 3 which is why we have to play it! In a back 4 he is ok as a central defender, but the team should be built around him.

Dougie Freedman? Has been answered by some1 else!

Riihilati- pace? Of course! He's by no means the slowest of our players! Watch him next time! Ok, so its not searing pace, but its above average, especially for a ball-winner. Put it this way, he is quicker than Thompson, Hopkin and Rodger!!

Tommy Black- pace??? What are u on?!!! He has incredible pace. Just because he looks chunky you think he has no pace. He is just naturally big, but he is not overweight; it's just his natural build. He is also very strong for a little winger! I remember him muscling his way into a goalscoring position from a long ball against 2 6ft defenders vs Sunderland in the cup 2 seasons ago! Incredible for a guy who can only be about 5'9"!!!

Jaffa
30-06-2002, 10:12 PM

"James is a clown! Have you never seen him in goal?! Admittedly he's improved but he's still dodgy on crosses."

Yes I have. Excellent shot stopper, best OPTA stats for cross taking, and interesting Man Utd.

Kirkland I cannot comment on cos I haven't seen enough of him. Seaman has 'safe hands' and experience, but his reactions r quite slow now - i think he was at fault for the Sweden goal. Robinson, again is a fine shot stopper but is not tall enough to command his penalty area. Martyn is the same. And Richard Wright gets too nervous and has too many off days! Can u remember what a mare he had last time we played Ipswich at home?!
As far as I can remember, I only saw Clarke make one mistake all season, and it was hardly a costly one as we were leading 3-0 at the time! He was at fault for no other goal, and pulled off impressive saves one after another. His handling and ability to boss his penalty box was second to none, and quite simply, his displays have 'class' written all over them! Definitely in the top 5 of this nation's keepers, if I haven't by now convinced you he is the best. Put it this way, I wouldn't want any other goalkeeper between the sticks!

Ok throw others like Simonson, Bywater and Taylor into the mixup as well. To suggest Clarke is better than any of those is laughable. He isnt even first choice at a midtable 1st Division team. Perhaps his tendency to get injured a lot is something to do with this? So if I offered you Rustu Recber or Oliver Kahn, you would turn them down for Clarke? At times this year, many would rather have had Kolinko instead of Clarke :rolleyes:

Mullins is awesome in a back 3 which is why we have to play it! In a back 4 he is ok as a central defender, but the team should be built around him.

Why should the team be built around a player who is often guilty of giving the ball away, mainly due to his "casual" approach. Awesome, and "build team around him" are words and phrases attached to the likes of Bobby Moore and Rio Ferdinand at the back. Not Hayden Mullins.

Dougie Freedman? Has been answered by some1 else!

Riihilati- pace? Of course! He's by no means the slowest of our players! Watch him next time! Ok, so its not searing pace, but its above average, especially for a ball-winner. Put it this way, he is quicker than Thompson, Hopkin and Rodger!!

I dont think he has any form of pace in abundance, and would also do well to learn to stay on his feet instead of being on his back when tackling. Saying someone is faster than Thomson (note the lack of a P) Hopkin and Rodger isnt saying much. I suspect many people on here are quicker than that trio.

Tommy Black- pace??? What are u on?!!! He has incredible pace. Just because he looks chunky you think he has no pace. He is just naturally big, but he is not overweight; it's just his natural build. He is also very strong for a little winger! I remember him muscling his way into a goalscoring position from a long ball against 2 6ft defenders vs Sunderland in the cup 2 seasons ago! Incredible for a guy who can only be about 5'9"!!!

You like to bandy around words like "incredible" but without real justification. Tommy Black is a long long way from the finished article, and his continued absence from the Palace team over the last couple of years (with average players like J. Smith ahead of him) goes to prove this. Because he is a product of Arsenal, does not make him a star in the making - indeed there are plenty of youngster around who have been on the books at Arsenal. Arsenal keep the best, and ditch the rest.

You cant keep blaming the manager for our problems, we were on the slide with Bruce, and Francis has actually improved the squad - not made it worse. He is playing a formation similar to Englands - so it cant all be bad, and he has a good management record at Premier and Division 1 level.

Perhaps its our decidedly average set of players that are to blame?

Jaffa
30-06-2002, 10:14 PM

Akinbiyi scored 11 for Leicester the season before last in the Premier if I recall, yet you consider him to be a chump at THIS level.

Guys, wake up, smell the coffee. If Freedman was Premier class he would be attracting interest, given that he is available for circa 1m

pete eagle
30-06-2002, 10:39 PM

Tommy Black and a good shot do not go in the same paragrapgh let alone the same sentence.
I can think of at least 6 English keepers that are better than Matt Clarke.
2 are at leeds, 2 are at Arsenal, 1 is at West Ham and 1 is at Liverpool. And you cannot argue with those, anyone in football would have any one of those 6 over Clarke
Mullins is far too prone too errors in his passing and positioning.

Jaffa
30-06-2002, 10:59 PM
English keepers better than Clarke...

David Seaman
Nigel Martyn
David James
Richard Wright
Paul Robinson
Chris Kirkland
Paul Gerrard

English keepers with potential to be better than Clarke

Stephen Bywater
Steve Simonsen
Stuart Taylor

Cant think of any more of the top of my head although people like Russell Hoult, Michael Oakes etc could stake a claim I guess

Holmesdale Boy
30-06-2002, 11:00 PM
For me Glaziers Fan has hit the nail right on the head with his comments

Matt Clarke is one off the best English goalkeepers even when he was at Bradford he was looking for an England call-up only to be dropped by Jim Jefferies due to an argument, others like Robinson, Kirkland, Taylor are not even proven at 1st team level for a substansible time. And hes not first choice, well what about when he came back from injury and after 2 games or so walked straight back into goal, even with Kolinko on great form.

And Black this season if played will be one of our best players in our side.

wedgetail
01-07-2002, 12:13 AM
English keepers better than Clarke...

David Seaman
Richard Wright
Paul Robinson
Chris Kirkland
Paul Gerrard

Like good laugh don't you?

Seaman is an ex keeper, Wright is a comedy act and the other three are good triers at best.

English keepers with potential to be better than Clarke

Stephen Bywater
Steve Simonsen
Stuart Taylor

perhaps

Cant think of any more of the top of my head although people like Russell Hoult, Michael Oakes etc could stake a claim I guess

Nigel Martyn
David James

are good, but it is a small list.

Jaffa
01-07-2002, 12:18 AM
Oh my god.

I didnt realise how deluded some of you lot were.

If you seriously think Clarke is Englands third best goalkeeper you need to seek some help and/or quit watching football.

wedgetail
01-07-2002, 01:36 AM
I think the point is that there are not many good English keepers around at the moment.

pete eagle
01-07-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by wedgetail
I think the point is that there are not many good English keepers around at the moment.

so i assume that Seaman's saves in this world cup are nothing compared to Clarke's. If Clarke was that good he would have been snapped up by a Premiership club long ago. He is a good keeper but international standard, no way at all.

glaziers fan
01-07-2002, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle

so i assume that Seaman's saves in this world cup are nothing compared to Clarke's. If Clarke was that good he would have been snapped up by a Premiership club long ago. He is a good keeper but international standard, no way at all.

Seaman is more experienced, thats all, and has played at the highest level for years. He was a great goalkeeper, but his reflexes are not as good as they once were. He made some good saves in the world cup, but i would like to think Clarke would have pulled them off too! It's very hard to judge a goalkeeper on anythin other than errors and I am certain that Seaman has made more errors over the last year than Clarke, even on crosses that Seaman used to be so dependable on.
Dont believe the hype! Just because Seaman plays in the Premiership and has a big reputation. I predicted 2 years ago that Matt Jansen, Trevor Sinclair and Ashley Cole would play for England, and I was laughed at because they were not stars back then!

As for Tommy Black, he is not prolific, but he has scored quite a few goals in his time for a midfielder, including some 30 yard screamers. He just needs to improve his confidence, and he will be a star. He was very unlucky to be dropped by Francis this season as well.

I honestly believe that if we play attacking football with players playing in their best positions, we can not only win the league but that we could actually do it in some style!

glaziers fan
02-07-2002, 05:45 AM

You cant keep blaming the manager for our problems, we were on the slide with Bruce, and Francis has actually improved the squad - not made it worse. He is playing a formation similar to Englands - so it cant all be bad, and he has a good management record at Premier and Division 1 level.

Perhaps its our decidedly average set of players that are to blame?

No, its players like Granville, Akinbiyi and Fleming who are average and who are to blame for the end of our season's troubles! And i think u'll find our lack of a central defence (especially height) was to blame for the slide that happened just as Bruce was leaving. Before I even posted on here I used to read the comments and I knew i would have an argument with you sooner rather than later! Still, we're both entitled to our opinions; maybe I'll buy you a beer if I see you one day! Thanks for pointing out my 'p' error in Thomson btw. I guess I'm just a huge optimist and ur a huge pessimist! I just hope we can win promotion this season!

igl
03-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Jesus... shall we just turn this in to a threas to slag all our players off. Whether you think Clarke is the 3rd best keeper in England or not, he IS a quality keeper, and I for one am pleased we have him.

Lets get back to the topic and stop putting our squad down before the new season has even started!:grrr:

Thin on Top
03-07-2002, 01:09 PM
If you seriously think Clarke is Englands third best goalkeeper you need to seek some help and/or quit watching football.

Selhurst Park every other Saturday it is then !

GOD
03-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Thin on Top

:D

Igor Iconic
03-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Thin on Top

And some depressing p!sshole in the snow every Saturday inbetween.

Thin on Top
03-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Igor Iconic

And some depressing p!sshole in the snow every Saturday inbetween.

Ermm....care to elaborate ?:eek:

Cleon
03-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Akinbiyi scored 11 for Leicester the season before last in the Premier if I recall, yet you consider him to be a chump at THIS level.

Guys, wake up, smell the coffee. If Freedman was Premier class he would be attracting interest, given that he is available for circa 1m

Jaffa, I agree with most of your comments so far. Clarke is nowhere near being in the top five goalkeepers in this country. He hasn't managed to keep the number 1 jersey at Palace OR Bradford, two poor Div One teams.

But, Freedman has the talent. His main problem is that he can be sulky little tart if the game isn't played in the fashion he likes it played in. He scored 9 goals in 20 appearances for a team hammered out of the Premiership. Akinibiyi scored 11 goals in some 35+ games for Leicester in his first season - a season in which they led the Premiership for a while, and ended up in mid-table.