PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Winters

Ouch that Hurt!
28-06-2002, 12:38 PM
According to a Luton mate of mine, they are after Aberdeen's Robbie Winters (striker) but can't afford his wage demands, so he's talking to Palace.

Source is Luton Herald for anyone thinking of posting a single worded reply. Anyone know anything about this? We need cover if Clint goes, and with Ade out until Xmas. But where is our creative midfilder coming from?

Dartford Lad
28-06-2002, 01:35 PM
I also thought he was good when watching Scottish football and this would be a great back-up striker. He was on the fringes of the Scottish squad for a while.

GOD
28-06-2002, 01:39 PM
Without wanting to slag Scottish football (again) - how can we tell how good he is? Even the Milton Keynes reject Hartson looked like a good striker!:eek:

pete eagle
28-06-2002, 01:43 PM
if he's free then it'd be a helpful signing with Ade out

pedro
28-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Forget Hartson, Scottish football made Ricardo Fuller look good, how hard a task is that!

Ouch that Hurt!
28-06-2002, 03:59 PM
I think we would be happy with a plyer of John hartson's quality. We can hardly afford bloody Raul or Owen can we!

Strathclyde Eagle
28-06-2002, 04:11 PM
East Kilbride lad, which means occasion features in the East Kilbride News, so something to read when I visit the in-laws. ;)

Seriously he had a pretty good season last season, so it depends a bit on whether you want to roll the dice with him or not. However he is not the big-burley forward Francis seems to favour.

Scoot
28-06-2002, 11:03 PM
At least with him and Dougie together our front two might understand each other ;) :D :p :p :D

RDSdaEAGLE
29-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Forget Hartson, Scottish football made Ricardo Fuller look good, how hard a task is that!

So good that Preston have signed him, and he'll no doubt be knocking them in against us!