PDA

View Full Version : Tunji Agbaje

Woosie
28-02-2013, 04:06 PM
19 year old herne bay striker, was at chelsea until 16, had a scholarship at Stoke but didn't get a contract. Meant to be joining us after two trials.

Big Blue Eagle
28-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Worth a gamble, although the one with Appiah doesn't seem to be working out - subbed off after starting at Yeovil, only around 2 hours of playing time across 5 games. Hardly pulling trees up like Banton.

Maybe this guy will be better

Gazza2
28-02-2013, 04:47 PM
He was offered another contract at Stoke but was homesick and didn't think it worthwhile to carry on being unhappy so far from home just to play reserve football. So that is why he went home to Herne Bay.
He did play for England at U18 level.
Charlton had a look at him ealrier this season during a trial and did not offer him a deal.

kestoneagle
28-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I'll see if I can get some input on him from my non league expert

FansAbroadLLC
28-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I'll see if I can get some input on him from my non league expert
Why? With so many experts already on here, there's absolutely no need :p

kestoneagle
28-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Feedback from my man on the inside.....good lad, good technique, has a hard shot and is strong as an ox.

Ryan_the_eagle
28-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Worth a gamble, although the one with Appiah doesn't seem to be working out - subbed off after starting at Yeovil, only around 2 hours of playing time across 5 games. Hardly pulling trees up like Banton.

Yeovil mid to upper table in League One, Banton at the team currently bottom of the football league. I'm sure Banton will go on to play well higher up and I'm not sure Appiah will make it for us, but there is a big difference between Plymouth and Yeovil. The gamble taken on Appiah was hardly much of one either was it?

Kuqi32
28-02-2013, 05:26 PM
If anything, he has a great name.
Good luck to the lad.

eagles #1
28-02-2013, 09:37 PM
He was offered another contract at Stoke but was homesick and didn't think it worthwhile to carry on being unhappy so far from home just to play reserve football. So that is why he went home to Herne Bay.
He did play for England at U18 level.
Charlton had a look at him ealrier this season during a trial and did not offer him a deal.
Yep - Good traditional English name.

Woosie
28-02-2013, 09:56 PM

His first name is actually Jordan, if that helps ;)

AJ
28-02-2013, 10:03 PM

Exactly what is a good traditional English name?

<_tece_>
28-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Exactly what is a good traditional English name?

Ivor Biggun

The oldies are the besties :) holllaaaaa

Neillo's Son
28-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Can't say I know anything about Yeovil and their players but they do have a very prolific striker who's top scorer in League One, that can't have helped Kwessi's development.

We could certainly do with a decent striker coming out of the academy though, plenty of attacking midfielders at present!

-N.W.A-
28-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Liking the sound of this transfer hes been on the Stoke and Chelsea books similar to Banton in the way that he must have something about him but just needs to find the right enviorment to settle hope this comes off good age aswell and as said above need some young strikers coming through .

DARZET EAGLE
28-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Developement Squad? Could be a rough diamond for our Acadamy geniuses to work on.

Funk Butter
28-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Feedback from my man on the inside.....good lad, good technique, has a hard shot and is strong as an ox.
7xeWqvSQVck