PDA

View Full Version : Kadell Daniel

richdeniro
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Has turned down a contract apparently.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8685544/

cockles
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Is he the one who murdered the Man Utd u18s on his own?

BBK
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Starlet? Its not that I don't like him but that's a bit extreme.

Hope it goes well for him and he doesn't end up like Djiali.

Billyd
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Been playing well for the U18s. Maybe frustrated not been given a chance in first team?

Santos-er
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
A "host of League one and two clubs looking at him" suggests he is not being kept on and needs to move to further his career. Good luck to the lad.

davidcpal_45
02-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Kadell is not an U18 - He is a first year Pro who has been playing for U21s only this season.

Scrumpy
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Has changed his twitter bio to say "I'm a professional footballer currently under contract at Crystal Palace but moving on in the summer"

davidcpal_45
02-05-2013, 07:59 PM
He's a great lad backed by a great Family - All the best to him.

Woosie
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Too much competition in the first team. He can play LB or CM. Good player but hasn't even had game time in the u21s for whatever reason. If the contract was the same or bigger than his current one we will receive compensation but will most likely wave it for a sell on clause. Was better at LB than midfield imo. A shame but not a disaster.

Gazza2
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Too old for U18s. Rarely even gets start for u21s. Shows ambition as needs to go lower division club where he can get game time. His best position is LB where we are well stocked. Don't think change to defensive midfielder suits him.

cockles
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Too old for U18s. Rarely even gets start for u21s. Shows ambition as needs to go lower division club where he can get game time. His best position is LB where we are well stocked. Don't think change to defensive midfielder suits him.

Best of luck to him then, seems to be showing the right kind of attitude now. I've a feeling he'll become established in L1 or L2 given some luck.

Celestial Empire
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
With the way things are going, you have to wonder how many other youngsters will become disillusioned with the IH regime.:(

carter
02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
With the way things are going, you have to wonder how many other youngsters will become disillusioned with the IH regime.:(
If they are good enough he'll play them like he did Boateng

Seaside Eagle
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM

No, you don't. :rolleyes:

Big Blue Eagle
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh great, another attempt at an anti IH thread.....only Parsons of the younger players is anywhere close to bring ready to play in the situation we find ourselves in now, or are you with GF in wanting KDS, Innis, Allesani etc given their chance? Yeah right....

Good luck Kadell, wherever you end up playing.

DARZET EAGLE
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
If he's not getting a chance here, best he moves on and maybe he will prove our decision not to sign him wrong, In any event I hope we have a decent sell on clause.

Ollie Ox
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM

leave it.

Kuqi32
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Our LB spot isn't exactly an area we're short in numbers - with Parr, Moxey and Parsons (who should have played more) it might be better for Kadell to move on.

Lego Knight
03-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Can't argue with a guy who wants to move on to play regular football, best of luck to him.

Gazza2
03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
We also have IMHO a top LB currently playing U18s in Jerome Williams. Was in the last England U18 team (well came on as sub at HT). Big, physical player who has quick feet when joins the attack.

Martin H
03-05-2013, 07:13 AM
I haven't seen him anywhere near as much as Gazza2, Woosie etc. but I was always hopeful that this guy might just be one of those that might make the grade. He seems to have had the right attitude throughout and certainly has many of the skills etc. But obviously not (yet at least) at the level needed to breakthrough. Really wish him the best and just hope he doesn't come back and haunt us later for our sake, but for his - bring it on :-)

Mictor Voses
03-05-2013, 07:37 AM

What a stupid thing to say

Absolution
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Good luck to him, he barely got a contract this season (I think originally he only had one until the end of the summer) so it may be best to get a fresh start.

Good engine & a decent passer of the ball. He ought to get a chance somewhere.

Ralph
03-05-2013, 05:44 PM

Of course - if I was a young lad trying to forge a career in the hardest industry in the world to crack I would certainly base my decisions on the form of the first team in the last 9 games and not the awesome track record of the clubs youth set up and longer term respect the manager has built up as a professional in the game for over 30 years.

Are you Bostocks dad?

Celestial Empire
03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Of course - if I was a young lad trying to forge a career in the hardest industry in the world to crack I would certainly base my decisions on the form of the first team in the last 9 games and not the awesome track record of the clubs youth set up and longer term respect the manager has built up as a professional in the game for over 30 years.

Are you Bostocks dad?

Err, no mate.
IH is under pressure, he likes "his own players", and a lot of people on here seem to agree - always going on about "war chests" and "bringing in players".
Meanwhile, we have a bunch of good youngsters looking for their chance.
If we don't make it this term, I would prefer the owners to keep most of the transfer revenue in their pockets, make a couple of careful, astute signings, and bring through (say) 3-4 academy lads next year.
Oh yeah ! and build a decent team of coaches to give the youngsters the support they deserve.
The owners said they would operate on a three year cycle, and use the academy - I hope they stick to that good plan.

Eagle Kneevil
03-05-2013, 11:56 PM
I believe Celestial's right. There's a huge gap now in coaching between Issott and the first team, which wasn't there under Freedman. Filling that has to be a priority in the summer.

Ralph
04-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Err, no mate.
IH is under pressure, he likes "his own players", and a lot of people on here seem to agree - always going on about "war chests" and "bringing in players".
If we don't make it this term, I would prefer the owners to keep most of the transfer revenue in their pockets, make a couple of careful, astute signings, and bring through (say) 3-4 academy lads next year.
Oh yeah ! and build a decent team of coaches to give the youngsters the support they deserve.
The owners said they would operate on a three year cycle, and use the academy - I hope they stick to that good plan.

Agree with this - just felt your first post was a tad knee jerk and negative...but then mine was sarcastic and patronising so we're both a couple of prats.

;)

As you say CPFC2010 have this sensible cycle in place and I wonder if this being the season to push for promotion has given IH the freedom to not be too reliant on youth and add some experience (rightly or wrongly we'll have to see).

Next year could be a different kettle of fish if we don't go up (wonder what the cycle will be if we do) but I wholeheartedly agree with you that the excitement of seeing the likes of Banton, Boateng, Parsons, Allesani generally outweigh the inevitable disappointments of several journeymen coming in to stunt their development. Will be an interesting summer and I dare say we'll be arguing for months yet!

Oli28
04-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Err, no mate.
Good post :p