PDA

View Full Version : Raid of the relegated teams??

IH RED&BLUEARMY
30-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I know Wigan have been mentioned a few times but reading had a decent couple of players likewise so did qpr . Wigan :
Mcmanaman talented but unlikely.
Maloney again probably on his way to merseyside or a top 10 team.
Boyce most likely experienced relatively cheap and solid.
Watson would be great alongside Jedi

QPR:
Clint hill mentioned a lot but that shows how well he played last year.
Mackie seems decent and has scored a couple of goals for the r'.

Reading:
Adam le fondre seemed to score every time he played and good pace.
Jobi mccanuff unlikely but captained them and showed brief bits of quality and former eagle.

All suggestions but Watson and Boyce look the most likely.

thehound
30-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah Le Fondre seem to do very well. Also Kebe I think it is who seemed to play well when I saw him. AJ maybe.

GreatGonzo
30-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Boyce is a good player, although has been playing Right Wing Back this season so where woudl we play him? Has played CB, RB and RWB.

Watson absolutely but would he return to a club whos fans booed him? I would hope so, as he was a great player for us. The others as you say will probably have better offers.

Clint Hill is not good enough for the Premier League. Mackie a possibility, hard worker for one of the wider roles.

Le Fondre couldn't get in the reading starting line up, regular scorer off the bench but how much do they want for a bench player? Jobi is red and blue tinted specs, again not good enough for the Prem.

IH RED&BLUEARMY
30-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Agree with you about Jobi but clint hill was their POTY and that's when he's I. The same team as reny and tarrabt so he must've done ok?

Big Blue Eagle
30-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Why do we have this obsession with going back for old players? They almost never work out and suggestions like Hill are pretty wrong headed. He was seriously found out last year, similarly Boyce is now 33, 34 in September.

Raid these teams maybe, but have more ambition and a more forward looking view of the world. There is only one ex-player who is realistically in our reach and also a realistic improvement with some longevity and that is Ben Watson who will also be in the final year of his contract come the start of next season.

With 60m available - put 20-30m into the infrastructure, 5-10m in the reserves and then you still have around 20m for players and wages. We can do way better than Clint Hill.

herts_palace
30-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Agree with you about Jobi but clint hill was their POTY and that's when he's I. The same team as reny and tarrabt so he must've done ok?

He was their player of the year because he gave 100% (which meant he stood out) and was not caught out on small pitches like Loftus road. We need a speedy centreback and Clint is not the answer, even though he was a good character.

IH RED&BLUEARMY
30-05-2013, 12:06 PM
He was their player of the year because he gave 100% (which meant he stood out) and was not caught out on small pitches like Loftus road. We need a speedy centreback and Clint is not the answer, even though he was a good character.
Fair enough still would prefer him to ramage/fab udon but maybe not next year although think all 3 of them give 100%

Ifill Over
30-05-2013, 12:13 PM
You have to ask yourself the question why these teams got relegated? Avoid QPR and Reading players. The good Wigan players will unfortunately be going to established premier league clubs.

IH RED&BLUEARMY
30-05-2013, 12:21 PM
You have to ask yourself the question why these teams got relegated? Avoid QPR and Reading players. The good Wigan players will unfortunately be going to established premier league clubs.
Yes but if you think about it even though theyll go elsewhere reny and tarrabt aren't players you would turn down if it was realistic.

Big Blue Eagle
30-05-2013, 12:23 PM
At the moment I would not go anywhere near Remy, and Tarrabt has never performed consistently.

brooklynlou
30-05-2013, 12:27 PM
The only club currently interested in Tarrabt is in the Middle East somewhere (translation he's a nutter) and Remy may be spending more time in jail than on the pitch.

Jay_eagle
30-05-2013, 12:27 PM
At the moment I would not go anywhere near Remy, and Tarrabt has never performed consistently.

To be honest I doubt we could afford their wages. Both decent players IMO they need to be in a team with some actual driver and purpose.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
30-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Tarrabt - Wants to play when it suits him, no thanks.
Remy - About to go on trial for rape.

Syph1979
30-05-2013, 12:35 PM
At the moment I would not go anywhere near Remy.

You and around half the population

IH RED&BLUEARMY
30-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Tarrabt - Wants to play when it suits him, no thanks.
Just to clarify I'm not suggesting either of them.

Footballnut25
30-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Not really any I would want. Possibly Boyce but can't see many others we could get who would improve our team enough.

glaziers fan
30-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Hilarious. Not because it's rape but because he was the one player who did well after signing for big money, and now his transfer value will plummet, at least until he gets off.

QP :D :D

Absolution
30-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Not sure any players from the relegated sides are worth chasing. The wages (at least at Wigan/QPR) will be too high for us & the clubs can afford to hold out for higher fees.

Watson is one I'd seriously look at though, at 27 he is going to be going into his prime now & will be in the last year of his contract. We know his character/ability as well.

Winny
30-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Adam Le Fondre would be a good signing imho, along with possibly going in for watson

brooklynlou
30-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Hilarious. Not because it's rape but because he was the one player who did well after signing for big money, and now his transfer value will plummet, at least until he gets off.

QP :D :D

That's the problem isn't it? :D

Palestinian
30-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Not sure any players from the relegated sides are worth chasing. The wages (at least at Wigan/QPR) will be too high for us & the clubs can afford to hold out for higher fees.

Watson is one I'd seriously look at though, at 27 he is going to be going into his prime now & will be in the last year of his contract. We know his character/ability as well.

I think you are right.

In general I think that we should be adopting the Stoke 1st year in the Premiership model - go for good Championship players who might be good enough to keep us up, but at worst will make us a real force in 2014/15 if we get relegated.

GanbareWashi
30-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Watson is only 27, I thought must be pushing 30 by now. I would certainly welcome him back, but would he want to come back ofter the booing he got from some of our own fans.

Cleon
30-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Would love to have Watson back.