PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract players

Shillidincha
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.html

some interesting names on this list - might be worth on or two for experience, balanced with newer players might give our chances a boost?

Squillaci
shotton
brunt
fortune
turnbull or Mucha (price upgrade?)

They are some players that stood out for me although squllaci would probably demand too much in wages

Owngoal
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
No other threads on this.......................

Shillidincha
03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
thats why i added this mate!

AJ
03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
A number of decent goalkeepers on there. If Lewis Price leaves it may be a good idea to grab one.

ForzaPalace
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
no, no, maybe, no, maybe

Halfwayline
03-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Silly price valuations especially the Palace players.

eagles073
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
On that list maybe
Figueroa
Hitzlsperger
D J Campbell
D Jones.
But only if price/wages right.

Aaroncpfc
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Can't look on my phone at the whole list but Ryan Shotton looked useful the season before last.

Ryan_the_eagle
06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
New Stoke manager Mark Hughes releases seven players including Jermaine Pennant and Dean Whitehead.

Long serving duo Rory Delap and Mamady Sidibe former England defender Matthew Upson, plus keeper Carlo Nash and midfielder Matthew Lund have also not been offered new contracts.

Wonder with the Holloway Pulis friendship whether we will be looking at any of these. Not suggesting we should sign them, but I can't imagine that we're not looking at Upson and Whitehead.

Kirby
06-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Come home Carlo (you old bastard)! :lux:

Billyd
06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Dean Whitehead is a decent player.

Maynor Figueroa is decent too. Doesnt he take long throws & corners pretty well too?

ChaceTheAce
06-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Brunt would be a class signing.

TheRev
06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Agree with Brunt, definitely.

igl
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Always rated Brunt, but was the target of the West Brom boo-boys last season!

igl
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Gary O'Neil and Wayne Bridge would be my pick from the list.

WorthingEagle
06-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Richard Dunne has just been released. Pretty slow, but always has been and got by on his positioning and reading of the game.

Lords Eagle
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Richard Dunne has just been released. Pretty slow, but always has been and got by on his positioning and reading of the game.

Wouldn't be averse to that one

Gathers54
06-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Would defo like Brunt

dave_who_ru
06-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Besides all the Palace players up for grabs (if it was up to date) we could re-sign all the ex-ones and have a golden oldies team.

David of Kent
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
The list is wrong in Chris Brunts case. He's NOT out of contract this summer

AJ
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Come home Carlo (you old bastard)! :lux:

For a career that has lasted for 17 years(so far), he has made only around 250 appearance and only 10 in the last 6 years with 0(Zero) in the last 4 seasons :eek:

CPFC_DAVE77
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
This is The Guardian's 'top flight 11 that will cost you nothing', where do people think this team would/could finish?

GK - Lukasz Fabianski

RB - Ryan Shotton
CB - Kolo Toure
CB - Matthew Kilgallon
LB - Maynor Figueroa

RM - Jermaine Pennant
CM - Emmanuel Frimpong
CM - Gary O'Neil
LM - Flaurent Malouda

ST - Carlton Cole
ST - Mladen Petric

Link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jun/07/premier-league-out-of-contract)

Richwak
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Maynor Figueroa and Gary O'Neil would be good

Ralph
07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
This is The Guardian's 'top flight 11 that will cost you nothing', where do people think this team would/could finish?

GK - Lukasz Fabianski

RB - Ryan Shotton
CB - Kolo Toure
CB - Matthew Kilgallon
LB - Maynor Figueroa

RM - Jermaine Pennant
CM - Emmanuel Frimpong
CM - Gary O'Neil
LM - Flaurent Malouda

ST - Carlton Cole
ST - Mladen Petric

Link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jun/07/premier-league-out-of-contract)

On the one hand it'll cost you nothing on the other it'll cost you 15M per year in wages.

CPFC_DAVE77
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
On the one hand it'll cost you nothing on the other it'll cost you 15M per year in wages.

Indeed.

ChickenDipper
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Frimpong or figueroa would be a good signing

Sceagle
07-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I thought Kolo Toure signed for Liverpool?

nottsunieagle
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/Premier-League-released-player-list-2012-13.pdf

Premier League Free Transfer List.

Of those I'd be interested in:

Titus Bramble
Elliott Ward
Jerome Thomas
Mladen Petric
Karagounis (could be an option for a 1-year-deal)
Denilson

Probably barking mad with all of those, just names I think may be viable.

As an aside, our dear friend John Bostock has been released by Spurs.

Jono14
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Gary O Neil would be a very good signing, stick him next to Jedinak :p

Leopald Stotch
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Titus Bramble? The man who graduated from the Marlon King Ethics Institute with 1st class honours. I'd f***ing hope not!

dan27
07-06-2013, 12:54 PM

GK - Lukasz Fabianski

RB - Ryan Shotton
CB - Kolo Toure
CB - Matthew Kilgallon
LB - Maynor Figueroa

RM - Jermaine Pennant
CM - Emmanuel Frimpong
CM - Gary O'Neil
LM - Flaurent Malouda

ST - Carlton Cole
ST - Mladen Petric

Bottom half. Probably around 14th.

Not a lot of squad depth! :p

Kirby
07-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't mind any of these:

Eric Lichaj
Thomas Hitzlsperger
Chris Baird
Danny Simpson
Simeon Jackson
Dean Whitehead
Jerome Thomas
Gary O'Neil
David Jones
Ronnie Stam

si1965
07-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Variations on a theme...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8763114/Full-PL-Released-List-Gallas-Yossi-Ferreira-Etc

A certain John Bostock has been released by Spurs - what a quality signing he was for them.

gilesy14
07-06-2013, 03:24 PM
I didn't realise Frimpong was on a free. That'd be a decent signing, although i'd imagine there'd be a fair amount of interest.

GreatGonzo
07-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Frimpong
Chris Baird
Roque Santa Cruz
Danny Simpson
Simeon Jackson
Alex Pearce
David Bentley
Jerome Thomas
Zoltan Gera

Might have something to offer on the right packages.

SexualChocolate
07-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Frimpong definitely. Alex Pearce maybe. If Bentley wasn't such a **** of a man, then maybe. The rest can go swivel. No better than the heros who got us promoted.

teddysmith
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8763185/Florent-Malouda-and-David-Bentley-head-Premier-League-free-transfer-list

some interesting names on here of players being release by their clubs

teddysmith
07-06-2013, 03:33 PM
John bostock.....

GreatGonzo
07-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Frimpong definitely. Alex Pearce maybe. If Bentley wasn't such a **** of a man, then maybe. The rest can go swivel. No better than the heros who got us promoted.

Its a squad game.

SexualChocolate
07-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Its a squad game.

I'm aware of that. However, surely it would be better to spend a small amount on a hungry, younger lower league player and pay him far less in wages rather than waste our windfall on signing on fees and inflated wages for below average (for this division) players.

Seaside Eagle
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
We're being linked with Benayoun.

GreatGonzo
07-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm aware of that. However, surely it would be better to spend a small amount on a hungry, younger lower league player and pay him far less in wages rather than waste our windfall on signing on fees and inflated wages for below average (for this division) players.

As i said - 'on the right packages'. If they want huge money then maybe not, but you are getting premier league experience with them and they have been there done it and performed at a certain level.

Shouldn't have our pants pulled down but on reasonable wages they are probably better deals than spending fees on players who will be a gamble.

10k a week extra in wages over a year is 500k so may be worthwile in the long run.

Sp1Eagle
07-06-2013, 03:43 PM
We're being linked with Benayoun.

Wages.

SexualChocolate
07-06-2013, 03:50 PM
As i said - 'on the right packages'. If they want huge money then maybe not, but you are getting premier league experience with them and they have been there done it and performed at a certain level.

Shouldn't have our pants pulled down but on reasonable wages they are probably better deals than spending fees on players who will be a gamble.

10k a week extra in wages over a year is 500k so may be worthwile in the long run.

Add in signing on fees for players who aren't good enough for average Premier League teams and you've got a problem.

QPR took on players who had gone off the boil but had 'Premier League experience'. Aston Villa signed the young hungry lower league players. I know which club I'd rather emulate in May 2014.

Chillo
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Add in signing on fees for players who aren't good enough for average Premier League teams and you've got a problem.

QPR took on players who had gone off the boil but had 'Premier League experience'. Aston Villa signed the young hungry lower league players. I know which club I'd rather emulate in May 2014.

You need a blend of both - experience and hunger - Villa diced with relegation last season and most people think we're already going to be doing that next season (it's the Palace way :lux: ) without just taking players in one or other category.

GreatGonzo
07-06-2013, 04:25 PM

Same arguments were used against bringing in the likes of Dobbie and Phillips in January.

If you look at what finally got us up, Holloways blended a little bit of the youth with an awful lot of experience and it was the 'been there done it' players who really came to the fore late on. Gabbidon over those last few games at the back and of course Phillips calmness and composure witha crucial spot-kick.

Certainly wouldn't advocate ONLY signing those players but if we can get a couple of them in on reasonable wages and no fee and go out and sign a couple of good young players like Austin/Ince etc then that blend would offer us our best chance IMO.

stevek
07-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Fulham have made a success of signing older experienced players and getting the most out of the 'twilight' of their careers. And Bolton under Allardyce did something similar. As with any player, it's a case of getting the right players with the right attitude.

RainhamEagle
07-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Danny Wilson...wasn't he the Rangers youngster who Liverpool spent 2.5m on a couple of years back? Hasn't really been given many opportunitiues. Worth a trial to see what he's like (could be a decent Championship defender in the future / backup defender).

See Norwich have released Chris Martin after wanting 2m from us for him last year...whoops!

Also nice to see to supposed "best keeper in the Championship" Lee Camp without a club. Sure matey boy Billy Davies will get him back in.

Not suggesting we got any of them two mind

RainhamEagle
07-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Jerome Thomas and Gary O'Neil (IF he ate some humble pie and reduced his wage expectation as would imagine the Shammers were paying him silly amounts).

Otherwise that list is as uninspiring as a Trevor Francis team talk