PDA

View Full Version : Chris McCann

Seaside Eagle
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-fc/promoted-hull-and-palace-eye-former-burnley-star-chris-mccann-1-5727130

Not heard much of him to be honest, but he's available on a free and apparently us and Hull are after him. Could just be agent talk, but it sounds like he wants to leave from those quotes.

Woosie
04-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Plays centre mid doesn't he? Haven't really seen him play so not much comment from me other than do we really need him? Would he be an improvement on what we currently have, because we don't need depth in centre mid?

Excowboy
04-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Box-to box type to play alongside Jedinak. Just what we need in my view.

Ralph
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Had a few injury problems if I remember - think it caused him to miss most of their Premier League season. Anyone know why he left Burnley...just out of contract or was he actually released?

Seaside Eagle
04-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Had a few injury problems if I remember - think it caused him to miss most of their Premier League season. Anyone know why he left Burnley...just out of contract or was he actually released?

Article says he didn't want to discuss a new contract, but they'd like him to stay if he wanted to.

Eagle96
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I really rate him; big, strong and an aerial threat, yet a proper footballer. Can start attacks but isn't afraid to put his foot in either.

El Kooch
04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
hmm didn't play for roi at all

and they have some shite cms too

Ryan_the_eagle
04-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Seem to remember him being fairly decent when playing against us. Wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him although I don't know if he'd be starting every week.

CrystalOrient
04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Box-to box type to play alongside Jedinak. Just what we need in my view.

This. I've never seen McCann play, but a box-to-box player with a bit of pace is just what we need in midfield.

Pistol Knight
04-06-2013, 06:47 PM
This. I've never seen McCann play, but a box-to-box player with a bit of pace is just what we need in midfield.

Thought KG was a box to box player :rolleyes:

wings and up front is more important than midfielders for me atm

CrystalOrient
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Thought KG was a box to box player :rolleyes:

wings and up front is more important than midfielders for me atm

I agree with you but we lack pace in all departments, IMO.