PDA

View Full Version : Kayode Odejayi

Frisky
09-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Tenuous I know, but worthy of posting.

According to an anonymous source on footballtransfers.co.uk we're going to pick up Kayode Odejayi. He's been released by Bristol City (which is true). Quote mentions that his cousin plays for Palace. Ade?

Not much of a players history. He's 20 (b1982), Nigerian born and around 6ft tall. Was on loan to Forest Green Rovers for part of last season.

If true one for further development!

Beanie
09-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Frisky
Tenuous I know, but worthy of posting.

According to an anonymous source on footballtransfers.co.uk we're going to pick up Kayode Odejayi. He's been released by Bristol City (which is true). Quote mentions that his cousin plays for Palace. Ade?

Not much of a players history. He's 20 (b1982), Nigerian born and around 6ft tall. Was on loan to Forest Green Rovers for part of last season.

If true one for further development!

A player who can't cut it at Bristol City so heads off to Forest Green Rovers - sound just right!

Unless it's somebody at the Academy I should think Ade is a pretty good bet as the cousin.

Phil's Barber
09-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Beanie

Unless it's somebody at the Academy I should think Ade is a pretty good bet as the cousin.

It's more likely to be Ade than Kolinko!

AddiscombeEagle
09-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil's Barber

It's more likely to be Ade than Kolinko!

:p

zonin2000
09-07-2002, 07:17 PM
cousin- Will Antwi perhaps?

ozeagle
09-07-2002, 07:32 PM
sounds like just the class midfielder we need in order to be a threat...

Latvian Eagle
09-07-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
cousin- Will Antwi perhaps?

Adolph Amoako?

Daddy Long
09-07-2002, 07:37 PM
any other player on Palace's books of African origin?:rolleyes: ;)

sydnsteve
09-07-2002, 07:42 PM
His history does not exactly fill one with excitement, but he could be worth a look, and we sure aren't going to be spending lots of dosh on anyone.

Dartford Lad
09-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Akinbiyi IS DEFINATELY his cousin and he was the one who got City to have a look at Odejayi in the first place.
City signed him from Greenwich Borough.

Dartford Lad
09-07-2002, 08:07 PM
He has just finished a trial with Viking Stravanger in Norway.

The Wise Eagle
09-07-2002, 08:20 PM
It have to be Akinbiyi then. both useless crap!

A player who can't cut it at Bristol City so heads off to Forest Green Rovers - sound just right!

Streatham man
09-07-2002, 08:26 PM
This is too weird, incestuous and probably not helpful at all to Palace.

Beanie
09-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
City signed him from Greenwich Borough.

...and Greenwich Borough developed Ian Wright - any chance of a repeat?:( No, thought not !:sob:

10-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by The Wise Eagle
It have to be Akinbiyi then. both useless crap!

Seig Heil! Where exactly are you coming from, the KKK?

Cleon
10-07-2002, 02:07 PM
I think that The Wise Eagle was commenting on:

his perception of the footballing ability of Mr Ade Akinibyi, and we are all entitled to our opinion

&

his perception of us taking on Akinbiyi's cousin, a player who has previously failed to make it into Bristol City's first team

DennisUphill
10-07-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by freddykurz

From whence did you glean this gem????

Phil's Barber
10-07-2002, 02:53 PM

This seems to implicate that anything other than a positive opinion is forbidden due to Ades origins.

Beanie
10-07-2002, 03:10 PM
On a tangent - anybody remember the guy who claimed to George Weah's cousin or something. Got taken on by Southampton, came on as a sub and was subbed himself about 20 minutes later never to be seen or heard of again! George Weah later said he'd never heard of him!
:D

Phil's Barber
10-07-2002, 03:22 PM
On a tangent - anybody remember the guy who claimed to George Weah's cousin or something. Got taken on by Southampton, came on as a sub and was subbed himself about 20 minutes later never to be seen or heard of again! George Weah later said he'd never heard of him!
:D

Staying on the tangent :p .

It was Ali Dia. how he managed to pull the wool over Graham Souness eyes is a mystery! Very funny story though!

11-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
I think that The Wise Eagle was commenting on:

his perception of the footballing ability of Mr Ade Akinibyi, and we are all entitled to our opinion

&

his perception of us taking on Akinbiyi's cousin, a player who has previously failed to make it into Bristol City's first team

Definition of "perception" according to the "Concise Oxford Dictionary" (8th edition - 1990): 1a The faculty of perceiving. b. an instance of this. 2. (often foll. by of) a. the intuitive recognition of a truth, aesthetic quality, etc. b. an instance of this (a sudden perception of the true position) 3. Philos. the ability of the mind to refer sensory information to an external object as its cause. With this definition in mind, are you seriously suggesting Cleon, that The Wise Eagle's sweeping insult of the two players concerned (whether they are related or not is immaterial) should be given the flattering distinction of being an accurate or even intuitive perception of their respective qualities as footballers and human-beings? Perhaps "a whitewash" would be an inappropriate description of your helpful remarks on behalf of the person you are seeking to either champion or defend. Nevertheless, can't help being reminded of Jesse Owens and the 1936 Berlin Olympics, but there, I come from an earlier generation when such things were considered matters of principle.

DennisUphill
11-07-2002, 06:36 PM
'It have to be Akinbiyi then. both useless crap!'

With this definition in mind, are you seriously suggesting Cleon, that The Wise Eagle's sweeping insult of the two players concerned (whether they are related or not is immaterial) should be given the flattering distinction of being an accurate or even intuitive perception of their respective qualities as footballers and human-beings?
I may not be the brightest light on the tree, but I cannot for the life of me see where W.E. questioned their qualities as human beings. He just thinks, rightly or wrongly, that they are crap players.
An opinion to which he is entitled surely?

The Omen
11-07-2002, 06:44 PM
freddykurz, you are obviously a complete prat! :grrr:

The Wise Eagle
11-07-2002, 07:11 PM
I never question their qualities as an human beings. i was merely saying that they are both crap players. and i agree with what cleon's said, we are entitled to our own opinion. so what's wrong with that?

Definition of "perception" according to the "Concise Oxford Dictionary" (8th edition - 1990): 1a The faculty of perceiving. b. an instance of this. 2. (often foll. by of) a. the intuitive recognition of a truth, aesthetic quality, etc. b. an instance of this (a sudden perception of the true position) 3. Philos. the ability of the mind to refer sensory information to an external object as its cause. With this definition in mind, are you seriously suggesting Cleon, that The Wise Eagle's sweeping insult of the two players concerned (whether they are related or not is immaterial) should be given the flattering distinction of being an accurate or even intuitive perception of their respective qualities as footballers and human-beings? Perhaps "a whitewash" would be an inappropriate description of your helpful remarks on behalf of the person you are seeking to either champion or defend. Nevertheless, can't help being reminded of Jesse Owens and the 1936 Berlin Olympics, but there, I come from an earlier generation when such things were considered matters of principle.

The Wise Eagle
11-07-2002, 07:12 PM
On second thought, WHY DON'T YOU JUST BEAT it !
:veryangry :veryangry

The Omen
11-07-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by The Wise Eagle
On second thought, WHY DON'T YOU JUST BEAT it !
:veryangry :veryangry

They're out to get you, better leave while you can
Don't wanna be a boy, you wanna be a man
You wanna stay alive, better do what you can
So beat it, just beat it

You have to show them that you're really not scared
You're playin' with your life, this ain't no truth or dare
They'll kick you, then they beat you,
Then they'll tell you it's fair
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fighter
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

It doesn't matter who's wrong or who's right

Just beat it, beat it
Beat it, beat it, beat it

:moo:

11-07-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
freddykurz, you are obviously a complete prat! :grrr:

Don't plan to trade insults with you old chap. Just hope you will be cheering Palace along with me, when Ade fully recovers from his recent operation, starts banging in the goals to help repay his tranfer fee and wages, and proves you and your playmates wrong! Up the Palace!

11-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by DennisUphill
'It have to be Akinbiyi then. both useless crap!'

I may not be the brightest light on the tree, but I cannot for the life of me see where W.E. questioned their qualities as human beings. He just thinks, rightly or wrongly, that they are crap players.
An opinion to which he is entitled surely?

Assuming the person hurling the insults I objected to is a Palace supporter, can you actually see how the public airing of such mindless insults/criticisms can help our Club or encourage the player concerned maximize his performance for the team, because I can't? The new season hasn't even started yet people are already lining up to slag him off! Most people react positively to encouragement in whatever walk of life you can name. Ade is no different to anyone else. Come on you Eagles!

Geezer
11-07-2002, 11:54 PM
FreddyKurz, why do you assume that someone is racist becuase they insult a black man?! Why do you assume that it is becuase of his origins that they are making the comment, isnt that in its self racist. If he said the same comment about Dean Austin would you feel the same. Sit in the corner little boy.

12-07-2002, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Geezer
FreddyKurz, why do you assume that someone is racist becuase they insult a black man?! Why do you assume that it is becuase of his origins that they are making the comment, isnt that in its self racist. If he said the same comment about Dean Austin would you feel the same. Sit in the corner little boy. [/QUOTE

We've moved the argument on Sir! Its now all about the hurling of gratuitous, mindless insults, racist or otherwise at Palace players, black or white on the eve of another new season, and whether this will actually help them play better or worse! A bit like you trying, gratuitously, to insult me by advising me to "sit in the corner little boy". Happen to be 72 years of age began watching Palace in 1944..... and have developed a rhinocerous-like hide.
Come on you Palace!

John.K
12-07-2002, 01:21 AM
Ade Akinbiyi is God give him time and he will be scoring for fun for the Palace! (in the opponents net not ours!)Ade Akinbiyi

The Wise Eagle
12-07-2002, 06:33 AM
FreddyKurz

I may not have watch palace for as long as you have, but i certainly have as much passion as you do for this club, which I have so obediently supported for the past 13-14 years.

I will be most willing to eat my humble pie if ade does live up to the "2.4 million price" we paid for him, and until then he remains a crap player IMHO.

Happen to be 72 years of age began watching Palace in 1944..... and have developed a rhinocerous-like hide.
Come on you Palace! [/B][/QUOTE]