PDA

View Full Version : Jordan: We Intend To Buy, Not Sell

Eagle
10-07-2002, 12:56 AM
Crystal Palace Chairman Simon Jordan has denied they are a selling club and insists Clinton Morrison is staying.
Boss Trevor Francis investedin players when he took over from Steve Bruce in November, though the Eagles are reeling from the collapse of ITV Digital.
Palace could sell striker Morrison, but Jordan said "Were better able than most to cope with the financial climate and i expect to bring players in."

NSO
10-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Get rid of that useless to**ser FRANCIS before he wastes all your money Simon.:veryangry

Yes, the close season has done nothing to temper my anger at watching what TF did to the side that was becoming a success story under Bruce.

Random*
10-07-2002, 02:16 AM
Hmm, well, if we are able to bring in players, then surely the financial climate should allow us a couple of bargains - if clubs need to sell, then I'm sure they'd be receptive to our money.

Grim Reaper
10-07-2002, 02:35 AM
Exactly the case where Butterefield is concerned. Grimsby really are struggling in the wake of the ITV Digital collapse and could not offer Butterfield a decent contrat. Palace on the other hand are able to and hence get their man on a free as opposed to the 500K they might otherwise have had to pay had Grimsby had the dough to get the guy still contracted to them.

Pete B
10-07-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by NSO
Get rid of that useless to**ser FRANCIS before he wastes all your money Simon.:veryangry

Yes, the close season has done nothing to temper my anger at watching what TF did to the side that was becoming a success story under Bruce.

Turn the ******* record off. If you haven't got anything new to say don't say anything at all. It ain't going to happen so live with it and move on.

Streatham man
10-07-2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Pete B

Turn the ******* record off. If you haven't got anything new to say don't say anything at all. It ain't going to happen so live with it and move on.

That's a harsh statement. TF has done nothing to win our trust, in fact, just the opposite. For me, I accept the reality that he's the manager, but the jury is out. I'm giving him time, but if we're mid table or lower come Boxing Day, throw him to the dogs.

Justy C
10-07-2002, 01:17 PM
If we are doing nothing in mid table I wouldn't say Boxing Day, I'd give it until October. If that was the case the atmosphere around Selhurst would be awful.

I hasten to add that I'm not wishing for this and I'm giving Trev my full support (until October....)

fieldy
10-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Must every thread turn into a "Francis Out" one??? It's becoming very tedious & tiresome :hmph:

AJ
10-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Wrong thread.

Nobby
10-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
Crystal Palace Chairman Simon Jordan has denied they are a selling club and insists Clinton Morrison is staying."

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: :grrr:

Beanie
10-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Nobby

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: :grrr:

We can obviously afford to turn down Birminghams bid (they admitted they had bid didn't confirm it was 5m as Jordan said, but the press seemed to think it was) so I think he could well be right. If we really needed the money, SJ would have had to swallow his pride and Clinton would at least have gone for a chat. Can't see too many people liable to top that bid at the moment, and if they do, to be honest, it will be getting to the realms of "too good to refuse".

James
10-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Beanie

We can obviously afford to turn down Birminghams bid (they admitted they had bid didn't confirm it was 5m as Jordan said, but the press seemed to think it was) so I think he could well be right. If we really needed the money, SJ would have had to swallow his pride and Clinton would at least have gone for a chat.

Oh dear!