PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Players On The Way ?

DennisUphill
11-07-2002, 04:58 PM
......Palace, meanwhile, are trying to sign Wimbledon striker Patrick
Agyemang for 1.5m in a deal that could also see Norwegian Trond
Andersen move across the ground from tenants to owners.
(c) Daily Mail

Dartford Lad
11-07-2002, 05:01 PM
This would be an excellent move. Agyemang is a great prospect.

Hopefully we can get a decent player from Brum as part of the Morrison deal.

sydney eagle
11-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad

Agreed:)

eagle mart
11-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Throw in Akinibiyi as well.

arussell
11-07-2002, 05:35 PM
If Palace do sign those two for the fee that's being quoted - then it'll be an excellent deal and will certainly soften the blow of losing Clinton.

Noades and some of the Brentford fans rated Agyemang quite highly when he was on loan there a few seasons back (and he was certainly a handful against us last season).

g23
11-07-2002, 05:44 PM
He also has the best nickname in English football. And the prospect of singing 'We've got Trond Andersen' at Selhurst to franchise Wimbledon is almost too delicious for words.

Jaffa
11-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Exactly...

Rob Fox wont know what to do with himself - Who Let the Dags out and Gravel Pit to play...

WU TANG!

cpfc_connection
11-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Whilst its a great idea getting ageymang, i think he is a great talent and always seems to be in the right place at the right time....i just wonder why we have never gone for him before? why not say the beginning of last season when we could have got him for half the price..but nevertheless i would love to see him in a crystal palace shirt in the upcoming season....:) :p

Ralph
11-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_connection
i just wonder why we have never gone for him before? why not say the beginning of last season when we could have got him for half the price

Because Koppell was nt asset stripping the club then and was making a go of it. Now he wants his money back cos the fans are winning thier battle.

Geezer
11-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Whenever ive seen Agyeman hes looked class at Reserve Level but pretty average(if that) in the First division.

Latvian Eagle
11-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Geezer
Whenever ive seen Agyeman hes looked class at Reserve Level but pretty average(if that) in the First division.

I think he's got that one thing that our current three first team strikers lack. Genuine speed and accelaration. Let's face it, Morrison isn't THAT quick, Akinbiyi takes ages to get going, and who remembers Freedman unable to get away from that millwall scum Dyche at Selhurst with a 10 yard head start. Agymang always plays well against Palace, will he play well for us though? :confused:

Phil O'Sophical
12-07-2002, 12:04 AM
I read the Independent and Mail both reported today that Palace had lodged a 1.5mn bid for Patrick Agyemang, 21, of Milton Keynes FC.

Geezer
12-07-2002, 12:08 AM
Been done on another thread mate, said something about Trond Anderson as well.

Phil O'Sophical
12-07-2002, 12:53 AM
Thanks. Couldn't find any mention when I looked around the threads.

What?
12-07-2002, 02:47 AM
So we are getting Patrick A-Gay-Man! I thought the only gay man we might have got was Bobby Zamora!

I heard Patrick is an abysmal finisher by the way!

NewRoadBee
12-07-2002, 04:13 AM
Paddy Agymange was top drawer when on loan at BFC. At the time a permanent signing was ruled out because WFC saw him as a future star.

Loads of potential...

What?
12-07-2002, 05:43 AM
Sounds like a worthy investment! Good move if it is true!

Scoot
12-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Well if Clinto goes, it looks like this WFC guy or Kabba :confused:

Make your own minds up but it don't look too good at the mo.

arussell
12-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Scoot
Well if Clinto goes, it looks like this WFC guy or Kabba :confused:

I believe Gareth Williams is also still at Palace :rolleyes:

Agyemang would be a good replacement - so I'm not sure what's "not looking good" Scoot ? - at least we have someone lined up.

Lords Eagle
12-07-2002, 03:35 PM
I thought Agyemang looked a bit gangly and awkward, and diddn't look to have too much nouse in front of goal.

Daddy Long
12-07-2002, 03:41 PM
No signing would soften the blow of losing Clinton. But if we are to sell him then I'd rather we looked for a similar type of player from lower divisions ie a clinical finisher rather than a speedster with no end product like Agyegangbang.

Ralph
12-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Well then who better to nurture him than one of the greatest forwards of my life time....but I suppose people wont see it that way!

Phil's Barber
12-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad

Hopefully we can get a decent player from Brum as part of the Morrison deal.

The Mirror today printed a story suggesting Tommy Mooney moving to Palace as part of the Clinton deal.
BHFCs top scorer last season with 14 goals??!!

Walrus
13-07-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Phil's Barber

The Mirror today printed a story suggesting Tommy Mooney moving to Palace as part of the Clinton deal.
BHFCs top scorer last season with 14 goals??!!

Surely no ! Mooney is an honest tryer granted, but he's the wrong side of 30 and is gifted with no genuine ability whatsoever.

Mind you, it's hard to see where the genuine ability actually is in the Brum squad. Judas is gifted with the luck of the Devil.

No chance of getting Darren Purse is there ?

Benny B Block
13-07-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Lords Eagle
I thought Agyemang looked a bit gangly and awkward, and diddn't look to have too much nouse in front of goal.

Exactly what I thought. When watching the last game of the season vs Wolves (on ITV Dig, remember those days?) he looked lively, often roasted Halle but the final ball or shot was woeful. admittedly this was only one game but he definitely is no Clinton.

Beanie
13-07-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Benny B Block

..... but he definitely is no Clinton.

Sadly few people are. I just hope if Clinton does go any replacement isn't greeted with this sort of comment.

PeterH
14-07-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by DennisUphill
[Bmove across the ground from tenants to owners.
(c) Daily Mail [/B]

Would doubt the article on the basis of this tired hackneyed journalism.

What RN wants with a player I dont know, unless he cannot get up for the missus anymore.

Geezer
14-07-2002, 02:39 AM
There was another Wimbledon youth lad that looked ten times as good as Agyeman when they played Fulham. Much better control and strength, that Morgan is quality too.

Edmundo
14-07-2002, 03:17 AM
Agyemang was quality entertainment of the highest order when at loan to Brentford a couple of years back. But he didn't score and to be honest never really looked like doing so. If you like your strikers to mesmerise defenders then go back and mesmerise them again and again - he's your man. Bit of a luxury, in my opinion. But a useful sub.

Celestial Empire
14-07-2002, 02:34 PM
Bruce Dyer Mk II ?
:rolleyes:

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-07-2002, 03:28 AM
You mean "Woo-tang" Agyemang as they call him? Big Donkey

Cleon
15-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
Bruce Dyer Mk II ?

Something we could definitely do without. Could have Bruce back on a free instead, if we really wanted that kind of thing.