PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Jack Butland

Liam_Palace
29-12-2013, 03:32 PM
With Begović and Sorenson both in front of him, could Butland be a realistic option for us? Pulis signed him last January for Stoke, I don't think he's played for them yet. It's no secret that Pulis wants to sign a GK in January to give Speroni some competition.

With the World Cup round the corner Butland may feel a move to another Premier League club could see him go to the World Cup.

IMO he would be a fantastic signing either on loan or a perm transfer.

Cleon
29-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe, depends how long term we are thinking. This would have to be seen as an investment in the future, I'm not sure he is worth what Stoke paid for him. I doubt he'd get ahead of Speroni this year, so World Cup ambitions irrelevant.

Danny boy
29-12-2013, 03:38 PM
No better than Speroni. No thanks

spt1978
29-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe, depends how long term we are thinking. This would have to be seen as an investment in the future, I'm not sure he is worth what Stoke paid for him. I doubt he'd get ahead of Speroni this year, so World Cup ambitions irrelevant.

Agreed, also not sure how long Stoke will keep hold of Begović so he may end up number 1 at Stoke.

We do not to start thinking about who will take over from Jules in a few years though.

Latvian Eagle
29-12-2013, 04:54 PM
He will be second choice behind Begovic next season I imagine as I doubt they will renew Sørensen's contract.

joecpfc1
29-12-2013, 05:04 PM
we don't even need a keeper.

The Omen
29-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Strange move to Stoke by Butland. Can only assume they thought Begovic would be moving on.

Can see Butland going on loan to the Championship in January. Doubt we would stand a chance of getting a permanent deal.

Big Guns
29-12-2013, 11:32 PM
McCarthy at reading is a very good keeper and more realistic at the moment

CPFC_DAVE77
29-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Would be perfect.

Affordable, massive potential, would stay with us if we for relegated, and offers competition for Speroni.

Latvian Eagle
29-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Strange move to Stoke by Butland. Can only assume they thought Begovic would be moving on.

Can see Butland going on loan to the Championship in January. Doubt we would stand a chance of getting a permanent deal.

Birmingham needed the money, natural step up for Butland, and Begovic has been linked to Man Utd and Arsenal for a good two years or so now. Besides Sørensen will probably retire soon. Stoke obviously decided (correctly) Butland needs game time not sitting on the bench.

Latvian Eagle
29-12-2013, 11:50 PM
McCarthy at reading is a very good keeper and more realistic at the moment

Although I am still not sold on McCarthy I would take him over Butland.

Latvian Eagle
18-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I often slate Butland for the silly errors he makes. But he made some really smart saves today.

bigdazza08
18-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I often slate Butland for the silly errors he makes. But he made some really smart saves today.

He was excellent today.

glaziers fan
18-01-2014, 06:21 PM
i've said it before, best English keeper bar Hart. I'd like him at our club, but it's not a priority for us at the moment.

Jordan555x
18-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Pulled off stunning saves today, future England number 1. Only 20 years old, he gonna be blindingly good when he's older.

DARZET EAGLE
18-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Pulled off stunning saves today, future England number 1. Only 20 years old, he gonna be blindingly good when he's older.

There will be loads of clubs lining up for him then, no doubt he will be the next England keeper.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
18-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Superb today

Riccardo
18-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Is he really only 20 ?

CharlieCPFC
18-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Would he be a realistic target for us now given his recent performances? I'm sure Stoke won't be keen on selling, but they have Begovic and when you have quality as both of those one of them won't want to be sat on a bench or in a rotational situation.

It's a tough one, Stoke will realise how good Butland is and has bags of potential but Butland also knows he deserves more than being second fiddle now. I love Julian, he's been magnificent recently and it's refreshing to see everybody not being short sighted in his poor performances this year and fully backing him to come good which he has. But Butland is one for the future and Speroni hasn't got that long left in him. If it's possible in any shape or form I'd love to see him here.

Kai
18-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Four really superb saves today!

Hedgehog
18-01-2014, 09:51 PM
How did he play against Liverpool last week? Was he at fault for any of the 5 goals? Serious question - I got the impression from the commentary today, he may have been a bit shaky, and did well to keep his place.

Gathers54
18-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Made some very good saves today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Riccardo
18-01-2014, 10:18 PM
How did he play against Liverpool last week? Was he at fault for any of the 5 goals? Serious question - I got the impression from the commentary today, he may have been a bit shaky, and did well to keep his place.

FWIW, I thought he wasn't at MAJOR fault for L'pool game.

Today looked ok, but obv scared in front of the Holmesdale :P

BW_Palace
19-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Would he be a realistic target for us now given his recent performances? I'm sure Stoke won't be keen on selling, but they have Begovic and when you have quality as both of those one of them won't want to be sat on a bench or in a rotational situation.

It's a tough one, Stoke will realise how good Butland is and has bags of potential but Butland also knows he deserves more than being second fiddle now. I love Julian, he's been magnificent recently and it's refreshing to see everybody not being short sighted in his poor performances this year and fully backing him to come good which he has. But Butland is one for the future and Speroni hasn't got that long left in him. If it's possible in any shape or form I'd love to see him here.

Unrealistic in the first place but I wouldn't be going after him after one good performance! From what I saw at Birmingham last year he was incredibly shaky, making howlers left and right. He's obviously at an excellent age to develop but I'm unconvinced he should be as highly rated as he seems to be.

Kirby
19-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Fantastic triple save towards the end today.

Although Speroni's one in the first half was better than the lot!

Hedgehog
19-01-2014, 04:06 AM
Although Speroni's one in the first half was better than the lot!
I thought Speroni was 100% flawless today/yesterday. nobody could question one single thing he did or didn't do.

LDNEAGLE
03-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Maybe time to revisit this option again come summer.

Ogmios
04-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Wouldn't be against this by any means, but with the fee he'd likely command then we're probably better off going for someone with a lot more experience.

glaziers fan
04-03-2015, 04:34 PM
I love Jack Butland. Big, mobile and tons of promise. Raw, but if we were patient he's definitely got the potential to be one of the best in the Premiership.

Latvian Eagle
27-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Stoke have signed a goalkeeper from Denmark.

Going to be difficult keeping three keepers happy.

pauldrulez
28-05-2015, 07:04 AM
I can see Butland or Begovic ending up at one of the usual top 7 or 8.

Everton will need to replace Howard in the next few years.
Liverpool have Mignolet who can be frustrating but has a lot of ability.
United may want Begovic to replace De Gea.
Arsenal could move for Butland to compete with Ospina
How long is Forster going to be out for Southampton? Can't rely on Davis forever!
Spurs may lose Lloris at some point as well.

I'd love Butland. His performance at Selhurst a few years back was one of the best opposition GK performances I've seen. He would be ideal for us, but I'm not very hopeful of it happening.

MasterYoda
28-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Didn't Stoke announce Butland had signed a new deal when we played them up there?

Arron
28-05-2015, 07:24 AM
According to the Stoke ST holder I work with, they see Butland as their no. 1 going forward as they've pretty much conceded that they're losing Begovic over the summer.

GreatGonzo
30-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Agree, Stoke will cash in on Begovic this summer and have bought an extra goalkeeper early to make sure they have enough of the books next year. If De Gea does move it will interesting to watch all the moves happen. Lloris wants CL football too so could go to Real instead of replace at Man U. If both Spuds an Man U lose their keepers things will get interesting but Begovic will be one of those involved.

Rumours mean Man U Arsenal Chelsea Spurs Liverpool could all be looking at new keepers this summer