View Full Version : Rumour: Jonny Williams

Pages : [1] 2

Davy64
02-01-2014, 09:20 AM
www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Surely not?!

CaterhamEagle
02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Hell no. There are so many reasons why Jonny Williams cannot go to Cardiff this January.

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Cardiff have been rumoured to be imterested for a while now so its hardly an ole gunnar solskjaer target as sky are reporting.

Id only sell for big big money, if we were able to sell him and get in Ince id be happy.

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Jonny Williams needs to leave i'm afraid.

It's horrible to say as he has the ability to be a great player, but how is he developing here?

10 mins on the left wing in the pissing rain and driving wind against Norwich while a RB is slotted in a CM.

I completely understand that TP's job is to get as many points as possible, and he wants us to be solid, but conversely, JW needs games in his position, if we can't/won't provide that his agent needs to get to work.

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2014, 09:26 AM
£15m and 50% sell on Clause.

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Is he only linked to Cardiff because he is "Welsh"? :confused:

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Is he only linked to Cardiff because he is "Welsh"? :confused:

pretty much!

Penstone Eagle
02-01-2014, 09:30 AM

It's horrible to say as he has the ability to be a great player, but how is he developing here?

10 mins on the left wing in the pissing rain and driving wind against Norwich while a RB is slotted in a CM.

I completely understand that TP's job is to get as many points as possible, and he wants us to be solid, but conversely, JW needs games in his position, if we can't/won't provide that his agent needs to get to work.

Sad to say, but you're right I fear.

philsick
02-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Anyone who's small and technically gifted won't get much game time under pulis.Doubt it will happen,but thoroughly depressing,as was bannans drop to the bench and campanas total disappearance from it.

orp pisshead1
Cardiff have been rumoured to be imterested for a while now so its hardly an ole gunnar solskjaer target as sky are reporting.

Id only sell for big big money, if we were able to sell him and get in Ince id be happy.

Would be just about acceptable but ******* joke:veryangry.

Jim Cannon

Don't agree. Part of his lack of development is due to a series of niggly injuries ever since he broke his leg. But selling him to a rival is just plain stupid especially now.

GodstoneEagle
02-01-2014, 09:32 AM
They've been watching him for a while. Would be gutted to see him go.

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:33 AM
The problem with Williams is where do you play him?

At the moment he's too lightweight to play in the center, his tenancity has to be admired but he'd get injured played that way too often.

If he put on a stone of muscle in the next 12 months so that he'd have more power to his driving runs he'll be a much much better player.

Id send him out on loan because I think right now Bannan offers more.

cpfc4evandeva
02-01-2014, 09:36 AM
thoroughly depressing,as was bannans drop to the bench

I get what you're saying but I can understand why this happened. We're always going to have someone who can win the ball in the air playing further forward (Jerome) and Chamakh has absolutely cemented the no.10 role.

It means that Bannan and Williams will probably only get a slot on the wing :(

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM

At the moment he's too lightweight to play in the center,

1. In his position
2. How utterly depressing that you think someone can be too lightweight to play central midfield.

Have you seen Xavi? Have you seen Iniesta? Scholes? Mata? Oscar? Jay Tabb...

cpfc4evandeva
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
At the moment he's too lightweight to play in the center, his tenancity has to be admired but he'd get injured played that way too often.

I think that this is a bit of a myth. Are Iniesta and Xavi much bigger than Williams in height and stature? They don't get injured much.

eagle101
02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
:(

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
1. In his position
2. How utterly depressing that you think someone can be too lightweight to play central midfield.

All of them are short but still more powerful that Williams which is only natural given his young age.

jcreedy
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm sure that these rumours are just to help contract negotiations along.

maestro
I think that this is a bit of a myth. Are Iniesta and Xavi much bigger than Williams in height and stature? They don't get injured much.

They dont put in the tackles like Williams would have too.

AndyStreet
I think he'll leave, sadly. (No inside info - just a feeling).

GodstoneEagle
02-01-2014, 09:42 AM

If he put on a stone of muscle in the nest 12 months so that he'd have more power to his driving runs he'll be a much much better player.

Id send him out on loan because I think right now Bannan offers more.

:moo::moo::moo::moo:

KevMason98
02-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Loan to championship club that plays football.
We reap the benefits next season.

Psychokiller
02-01-2014, 09:43 AM
If he goes then so much for us wanting to produce quality local players from the academy. I find it hard to believe that a manager can't find a place in the team for a talent like Williams :(

philsick
02-01-2014, 09:44 AM
1. In his position

He's not the only one who thinks the midfield is a place for big defensive grafters and no creative play since pulis arrived.

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:44 AM
:moo::moo::moo::moo:

Whats wrong with that?

At the moment he gets dragged back too easily, you look at the best short players, they are all very powerful runners, Messi is very very strong, Maradonna was ultra strong.

maestro
02-01-2014, 09:46 AM
He's not the only one who thinks the midfield is a place for big defensive grafters and no creative play since pulis arrived.

The system Pulis players is 2 defensive players shielding the back 4 and 1 creative player further up.

He would have to come in for Chamakh

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 09:48 AM
As I said, I completely understand Pulis' reservations and defensive concerns. Nothign to do with a preconceived perseption I have of him, I just understand the position the clun are in.

I want to see Jonny achieve his potential. I want to see the fantastic foundations out academy put in place come to fruition.

If we cannot, or will not be able to give him consistent game time in his position, what is the alternative?

Cameos on the left wing until his contract runs out?

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm sure that these rumours are just to help contract negotiations along.

This. It is well reported that he is in contract negotiations that will include (apparently) a cast iron release fee clause etc to ensure that he only leaves on our terms. I personally can't see that being to Cardiff.

On the other points raised re: not getting a chance under Pulis I think it needs to be remembered that Jonny Williams is only 19 and has already suffered two pretty bad injuries. I am sure that plays as much of a role in his more limited appearances than a cliché of 'not big enough'. Bannan too has featured heavily under Pulis (and not always out wide contrary to some popular opinion) but has also had it said about him that his stamina is not quite enough currently to manage all of the xmas games at the sort of intensity that we play at under Pulis.

I expect as the season wears on that our players fitness goes from strength to strength and that players like Williams and Bannan will be suited to certain games more than others. Perhaps if we do get in a more mobile CB that can cover a bit of Jedi's workload it might mean that we don't need a second shield in front of the back four and then we can accommodate a more advanced Bannan / Williams / Campana player in the middle of the park?

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Lets not forget, Williams has torn teams apart in a Palace shirt.

He has won MOTM awards at international level ahead of Ramsay, Allen and Bale.

He can do it and he is ready to do it.

gilesy14
02-01-2014, 09:50 AM
This has already ruined 2014 :sob:

TheCharmer
02-01-2014, 09:52 AM
he bounces off opponents, he definitely needs to toughen up but i d play him ahead of yannick

Arron
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
3 different managers we've had since Johnny first broke into the 1st team and he's not been a regular under any of them. A lot of that is down to various injury problems, something which has unfortunately held back his development. This in turn means that when he is fit he is less likely to force his way into a regular starting role.

Danny boy
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Why are people acting like its a done deal

Yoda
02-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Can't see this happening this season. Pulis must rate him or he wouldn't be playing him at all, and there are others not even in the 25 or the first team recently who we could sell as surplus before Joniesta.

His career has been hampered by injuries and lack of strength (for the Prem), but I'd say we're more likely to give him time to develop than another manager in a struggling Prem team.

CPFC_DAVE77
Why are people acting like its a done deal

Who is doing that?

Penstone Eagle
If he goes then so much for us wanting to produce quality local players from the academy. I find it hard to believe that a manager can't find a place in the team for a talent like Williams :(

I think those dreams are fading with each week to be honest.

Stavros 69
02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
He's the kind of player we should be building a team around, a la Wilf last season.

The boy is a winner. Just watching him warming up at half time excities me.

It says something that Pulis brought him on yesterday instead of bannan.

Davy64
02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I would be interested to see who the 'better' player coming in is if it does happen.

Chillo
02-01-2014, 09:56 AM
www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Surely not?!

link no longer exists - says it all.

NorthPalace23
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Would be a big mistake to let him go, particulary to a club one point ahead of us in the table like Cardiff!!!!!

Don't do it Pulis and CPFC 2010!!

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 10:00 AM
For what it's worth, I doubt very much that he'll be joining Cardiff.

kolinkins
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Play him off the left for all I care. Just play the kid. He's perhaps not set up to nag at heels but he can do a job wide - a far better option than most of our wingers.

Martin H
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM

I understand the thinking here but in reality he is not ready to hold down a Premier League spot week in week out and would need to drop to the championship for that and in many ways promotion came a year too early for him. He has the potential and I expect him to realise it but the best way to do that maybe to loan out to a championship side that will play him every week and where he can be their 'main man' for the next 6 months and he will blossom. I would hate us to sell him. if he stays in the squad I fear he will remain a cameo player at best this year. Whatever happens I expect him to end up with a good career ahead of him assuming he can maintain competitive fitness.

Davy64
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM
link no longer exists - says it all.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 10:05 AM
I understand the thinking here but in reality he is not ready to hold down a Premier League spot week in week out and would need to drop to the championship for that and in many ways promotion came a year too early for him. He has the potential and I expect him to realise it but the best way to do that maybe to loan out to a championship side that will play him every week and where he can be their 'main man' for the next 6 months and he will blossom. I would hate us to sell him. if he stays in the squad I fear he will remain a cameo player at best this year. Whatever happens I expect him to end up with a good career ahead of him assuming he can maintain competitive fitness.

Therefore you agree with me - he needs to leave, I never said permanently, but he needs regular football, even for six months at a godo club in the division below.:p

jcreedy
02-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Play him off the left for all I care. Just play the kid. He's perhaps not set up to nag at heels but he can do a job wide - a far better option than most of our wingers.

He's not a winger, and isn't a better wide player than Puncheon or Bolasie.

pauldrulez
02-01-2014, 10:09 AM

He's not developing because every time he plays a. Long period, he gets injured

pauldrulez
02-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone who's small and technically gifted won't get much game time under pulis.Doubt it will happen,but thoroughly depressing,as was bannans drop to the bench and campanas total disappearance from it.

I'm not sure how much game time he got under Holloway either. Oaf.

kolinkins
02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
He's not a winger, and isn't a better wide player than Puncheon or Bolasie.

He's far better than Bolasie, for me. Offers so much more with and without the ball.

kolinkins
02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure how much game time he got under Holloway either. Oaf.

There was (and is) a worry over his fitness. He is being managed by manager and fitness staff.

He did start all the big games last season though. Did he not?

pauldrulez
02-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Played over 60 mins only 7 times last season.

Has played 155 league minutes this season.

Martin H
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Therefore you agree with me - he needs to leave, I never said permanently, but he needs regular football, even for six months at a godo club in the division below.:p

I do agree with you on Williams development. But I don't think any manager would play him regularly in the Premier. I got the impression that, you think Pulis' presence is the reason he won't play but if I wouldn't agree with that.

But your main point I agree with :-)

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Played over 60 mins only 7 times last season.

Has played 155 league minutes this season.

Less than two matches worth of football in half a season.

plectrum
02-01-2014, 10:14 AM
If we can get 2-3m I'd take it. Massively overrated player. Injury prone. Doesn't set up any goals, doesn't score and runs far more left to right as opposed to forwards.

pauldrulez
02-01-2014, 10:14 AM
There was (and is) a worry over his fitness. He is being managed by manager and fitness staff.

He did start all the big games last season though. Did he not?

Nope.

Came off the bench in the last 2 league games and in the playoffs.

He did start away at Brighton in the 3-0 loss, and I believe in terms of games/minutes played, one of the lowest point ratios we had was Williams.

Crozzy71
02-01-2014, 10:15 AM
He's a great talent and another fine product of our academy.

I've always thought his best position is in the middle of midfield 3 supporting the striker. Chamakh has now taken than role and from a technical perspective he's the best at the club.

I'm not sure Johnny is right for a role in the defensive midfield positions as his instinct is to create so he isn't naturally disciplined enough to play there. Also, with the way Jedi has been playing and until yesterday KG can we move them ? O'Keefe is also better there and Ward has adapted well albeit I would still prefer to see him at full back.

I don't want him to leave, but I do want him to play. I think a loan move would be good for him so he can play a string of games in a row, strengthen up and come back a mor confident player and a real addition to the team not just squad.

kolinkins
02-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Nope.

Came off the bench in the last 2 league games and in the playoffs.

He did start away at Brighton in the 3-0 loss, and I believe in terms of games/minutes played, one of the lowest point ratios we had was Williams.

Play off final? And the semi at Brighton? Sure he started both.

Edit:

Started all three play-off games.

pauldrulez
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Less than two matches worth of football in half a season.

He was injured for 2 1/2 months.

90 mins under Holloway.

65 mins under Pulis.

Far East Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM
If we can get 2-3m I'd take it. Massively overrated player. Injury prone. Doesn't set up any goals, doesn't score and runs far more left to right as opposed to forwards.

We don't need to sell, he is needed by the club abd has a lot of potential. I think we shouldn't take less than 5m

Malarkey
02-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Cardiff LOL. Never going to happen.

Fatboy
What it says from the link.

We are hearing reports that Cardiff City are targeting a move for Crystal Palace midfielder Jonny Williams in this month's transfer window. Incoming Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is thought to have made Wales international Williams one of his top targets as he looks to reshape the squad he has inherited from Malky Mackay. Williams is regarded as one the best young players in the country and has been tipped by current Cardiff star Craig Bellamy to become one of Wales' top stars. Palace are reluctant to lose Williams, but Cardiff are thought to be ready to test their resolve with a firm bid for the 20-year-old.

pauldrulez
Play off final? And the semi at Brighton? Sure he started both.

Read the site wrong :D

Different section of the site confused me!

You are right, he played on the left in all 3 games and was replaced by Moritz/Bolasie after an hour of each.

plectrum
02-01-2014, 10:19 AM
We don't need to sell, he is needed by the club abd has a lot of potential. I think we shouldn't take less than 5m

I think if another club really wants him we should let him go and play. At present we need to survive this season which us far more important than any single player whatever their potential. We also need where possible to balance the books.

If you think Cardiff or anyone else will offer us £5m I'd be very surprised.

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
It really is a complete head **** for any manager overseeing JW's progression since that injury for the Wales U-21's. Without that injury he would be 20-25% further along in his progression than he is without a doubt.

People may see the term 'broken leg' and just think it is a bone that heals and they'll be partially correct. For anyone whose activity levels are the same as the average adult, a healed bone won't really impact us going forwards in life but for a professional athlete it is such a set-back that has to be well managed. Usually lots of other localised body structures are hampered as a result of a prolonged period of non-weight bearing. Thus, when the body suddenly builds up an exertive fitness regime (as a pro footballer would need to do) lots of secondary and tertiary injures niggle away at a player. Even more so when they aren't fully mature and developed (under 23 in other words). I see this time and time again with my biomechanics patients who are semi-professional / professional athletes.

If a manager plays him too much he will almost certainly trigger several more injuries (particularly in a physical league like this one when scrapping for points). Equally, don't play him enough and you risk the ire of the fans and the frustrations of the player. Loan him out and get lambasted if he is performing significantly better than players in our own team and get crucified if he picks up another injury playing for another team.

I love how much passion we have for our young academy graduates and because of that we do (in many ways, correctly) place an awful lot of pressure on our managers to blood them very young and consistently - but there are two sides to that coin and I am happy that he is being given 10-20 minute cameos in every game to show that he is part of the plans of the manager, albeit that they are aware of his still tender age and fragile injury history.

We all saw Wilf and Clyne come in and never leave the side. Not only were the prodigiously talented, but they also had very strong physical attributes which meant that they could cope. Our Williams is more akin to Owen's frame and look how his career got ****ed by injuries. Another reason that I think kids breaking into the first team around 17/18 needs to be the exception rather than the rule and a more realistic age for regular first team football could be nearer 22 when they've got the frame to cope with it a bit better.

ForestGateEagle
02-01-2014, 10:30 AM
It really is a complete head **** for any manager overseeing JW's progression since that injury for the Wales U-21's. Without that injury he would be 20-25% further along in his progression than he is without a doubt.

People may see the term 'broken leg' and just think it is a bone that heals and they'll be partially correct. For anyone whose activity levels are the same as the average adult, a healed bone won't really impact us going forwards in life but for a professional athlete it is such a set-back that has to be well managed. Usually lots of other localised body structures are hampered as a result of a prolonged period of non-weight bearing. Thus, when the body suddenly builds up an exertive fitness regime (as a pro footballer would need to do) lots of secondary and tertiary injures niggle away at a player. Even more so when they aren't fully mature and developed (under 23 in other words). I see this time and time again with my biomechanics patients who are semi-professional / professional athletes.

If a manager plays him too much he will almost certainly trigger several more injuries (particularly in a physical league like this one when scrapping for points). Equally, don't play him enough and you risk the ire of the fans and the frustrations of the player. Loan him out and get lambasted if he is performing significantly better than players in our own team and get crucified if he picks up another injury playing for another team.

I love how much passion we have for our young academy graduates and because of that we do (in many ways, correctly) place an awful lot of pressure on our managers to blood them very young and consistently - but there are two sides to that coin and I am happy that he is being given 10-20 minute cameos in every game to show that he is part of the plans of the manager, albeit that they are aware of his still tender age and fragile injury history.

We all saw Wilf and Clyne come in and never leave the side. Not only were the prodigiously talented, but that also had very strong physical attributes which meant that they could cope. Our Williams is more akin to Owen's frame and look how his career got ****ed by injuries. Another reason that I think kids breaking into the first team around 17/18 needs to be the exception rather than the rule and a more realistic age for regular first team football could be nearer 22 when they've got the frame to cope with it a bit better.

What a great post, from someone who knows what he is talking about, physically, and as a passionate Palace fan, understands and articulates perfectly the dilemmas and frustrations for all concerned.

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 10:34 AM
What a great post, from someone who knows what he is talking about, physically, and as a passionate Palace fan, understands and articulates perfectly the dilemmas and frustrations for all concerned.

Get a room

Gobsy88
02-01-2014, 10:40 AM
The price of having Pulis as manager.

Athletes like Ward and Jedinak will thrive, but those less physical such as Jonny will suffer.

elgin eagle
02-01-2014, 10:43 AM
What it says from the link.

We are hearing reports that Cardiff City are targeting a move for Crystal Palace midfielder Jonny Williams in this month's transfer window. Incoming Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is thought to have made Wales international Williams one of his top targets as he looks to reshape the squad he has inherited from Malky Mackay. Williams is regarded as one the best young players in the country and has been tipped by current Cardiff star Craig Bellamy to become one of Wales' top stars. Palace are reluctant to lose Williams, but Cardiff are thought to be ready to test their resolve with a firm bid for the 20-year-old.

I think if you look at the current 46 players contracted to crystal palace, most people would name about 30 they would sell/loan before williams. He is certainly one of those players you can see going to the very top, just because he doesnt fit into the here and now is no reason to sell him. Pulis should be looking to build a team around him in the future, whilst continuing with the short term approach of keeping us up.

Chobham Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Cardiff LOL. Never going to happen.

I once said that about Freedman leaving for Bolton.

jobiinthelastmi
02-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The price of having Pulis as manager.

Athletes like Ward and Jedinak will thrive, but those less physical such as Jonny will suffer.

What about Bannan who has started nearly every game for Pulis? Puncheon is also only 5 ft 8".

orp pisshead1
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
1. In his position

Or Williams vs Croatia:p.

Big Blue Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:50 AM
What about Bannan who has started nearly every game for Pulis? Puncheon is also only 5 ft 8".

But some won't let facts get in the way of agendas will they - got very tedious on here lately with some of the Pulis whinging going on.

Far East Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
If you think Cardiff or anyone else will offer us £5m I'd be very surprised.

Exactly, so don't sell him. ;)

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Or Williams vs Croatia:p.

Was better than Bale, Ledley and King.

Was better than Modric and Rakitic.

Was MOTM.

L'head Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM

We all saw Wilf and Clyne come in and never leave the side. Not only were the prodigiously talented, but they also had very strong physical attributes which meant that they could cope. Our Williams is more akin to Owen's frame and look how his career got ****ed by injuries. Another reason that I think kids breaking into the first team around 17/18 needs to be the exception rather than the rule and a more realistic age for regular first team football could be nearer 22 when they've got the frame to cope with it a bit better.

Excellent post but this would seem a viewpoint from 20 years ago. Nowadays if a player has not built a decent reputation by 22 they risk never reaching their potential. Of course a major injury changes dynamics and I think holding back JW is the right thing to do, up to now. The main fact above all is if a player is good enough no matter the age young or old they should play.

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Excellent post but this would seem a viewpoint from 20 years ago. Nowadays if a player has not built a decent reputation by 22 they risk never reaching their potential. Of course a major injury changes dynamics and I think holding back JW is the right thing to do, up to now. The main fact above all is if a player is good enough no matter the age young or old they should play.

I'm not advocating players never breaking through younger. As you say, if they are good enough then they are old enough. Equally, there needs to be a modicum of care and responsibility from any given manager to look after the players best interests as well as the clubs.

The way people speak of Williams you'd be forgiven for thinking that he never gets a look-in. He's 19 (possibly 20 now), been out of the game a long time in his short career due to injuries, is battling for a PL spot in a team that needs to focus more on defensive duties than attacking ones given our pecking order and yet he still gets game time virtually every game.

That really isn't the action of a club that doesn't value his talent.

elgin eagle
02-01-2014, 11:13 AM

Surely theres plenty of players in this list that you would try and sell first before you had to consider selling joniesta dave? Fair enough if we had been relegated and failed to bounce back, but now? If he was available to buy for palace would you buy him?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202849

Big Blue Eagle
02-01-2014, 11:20 AM
I think that there are some very naive people on here if they serious believe that the basic premise of the club that comes from 2010 of developing local talent is being thrown away by a managerial appointment. SP has always majored on the Academy and I see no evidence that he doesn't now. Hence players like JW are part of the club fabric. A 19 year old who is a full international is not going to be easily sold, even if he isn't regularly starting games - most likely due to on going fitness/stamina issues caused by his long periods out of the game.

2010 are not going to change the whole ethos to please Tony Pulis. The Academy is meant to be an incentive to get managers to want to come. It maybe that there is a gap in the line after Moses, Clyne, Zaha & Williams, but we have already seen Boateng, Innis and Kai Kai making the matchday squad and even the bench so a new group are coming soon.

As for the story itself - typical Sky Transfer Window fluff - with Tan offering mega bucks to OGS (no idea why he is aking that job!) they will be looking for players way above JW in stature in the game.

Hambo
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I actually think Williams is physically strong enough to play if he can stay clear of injuries - I think people still think of him as he was when he broke through - take a good look next time you see him. Filled out a lot.

It's just the regular injuries holding him back. I hope that passes, it may not. I very much doubt we want to sell or that Pulis doesn't see what a talent he is. I can only see him being sold if he wants to go or if a massive offer comes in.

It's really not that long since he came back from injury - this time of year in the position we're in it is counter productive to think about playing him too much. It's encouraging he's featuring off the bench under TP and I sincerely hope that this is all just classic paper talk.

Seaside Eagle
02-01-2014, 11:33 AM
He has recently opened negotiations on a new contract, I'm hoping that this is just his agent spreading rumours around to get a better deal.

Halfwayline
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
If you take all 20 Premier League academies with perhaps 500 youth players how many would be good enough to play in the Premier League. Perhaps 5. We are talking about the best league in the world. 1 in 100.

Many others would make it to Championship teams or play at a lower level. But for a PL team it is more likely that you will get one every 4 or 5 seasons. You will get a fee for producing the lesser players that keeps the academy financially viable and find a £10m Zara every 5 years.

Doubt you would get more then £2m plus add ons for Williams from a Championship club.

Danny boy
02-01-2014, 11:43 AM
A team would be mad to pay a big fee for williams as he doesn't score much and hardly ever produces a match winning performances like zaha did most weeks for us. We will be lucky to get 2m for him.

The Storm
02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't think Williams has been as good as some claim. He has a long way to go to prove himself at this level. He is a little short of fitness right now but must deliver the goods soon if he wants to keep stay in contention

racehorse-80s
02-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Not a Pulis type/style player and Bannon is better but he dosen't even get picked regularly ,so I can see club selling.

Del Gland
02-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Keep him!

Seriousy WTF? The boy is TWENTY, a rare talent and great potential. Our youth Academy isn't about breaking footballers in to sell them on, it is to give this club a sustainable future.

He will be around longer than Pulis will and, if the worst happens, will be key to any immediate return in a championship side. I do think that Pulis does like the beefy guys but also would like to think that he is very expereinced and understands the need to oversee the development of the raw talent Joniesta has while respecting his past injuries.

Woosie
02-01-2014, 11:56 AM
A team would be mad to pay a big fee for williams as he doesn't score much and hardly ever produces a match winning performances like zaha did most weeks for us. We will be lucky to get 2m for him.

Did it on his debut vs Coventry, would argue Brighton away in their first league defeat at the AMEX Jonny put in a match winning performance.

There's no way on earth we will sell for anything under £5m.

Big Blue Eagle
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Not a Pulis type/style player and Bannon is better but he dosen't even get picked regularly ,so I can see club selling.

Sorry?? Bannan has started every game but yesterday's since TP arrived, while JW has been on the bench for every game and come on as a sub 5 times. Why on earth do you say BB is not a regular? Yesterday was almost certainly a rest after the Xmas games.

scro
02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Williams is an attacking central mid. So unless you are going to play Chamakh up top and him in behind. I can totally understand why you wouldn't play him. Williams on the wing doesn't seem right to me. Saying that I think the same about Bannan but he seems to have done ok there.

My personal opinion is that he should have been given more of a run out during our poor spell last season in his more ideal position.

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 12:21 PM

You on smack ?

He's played every game since Pulis came in. Was rested yesterday.

And it's Bannan

racehorse-80s
02-01-2014, 01:00 PM
You on smack ?

He's played every game since Pulis came in. Was rested yesterday.

And it's Bannan

Why did he need resting ? his been subbed a few times . The team yesterday lacked creativity and the Norwich midfield kept the ball for long periods by passing short /fast and accurately ,luckily they lack the killer punch .
Not a good Omen for the rest of the season IMO

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Why did he need resting ? his been subbed a few times . The team yesterday lacked creativity and the Norwich midfield kept the ball for long periods by passing short /fast and accurately ,luckily they lack the killer punch .
Not a good Omen for the rest of the season IMO

Same reasons anyone needs resting. Important player, played 4 games in 12 or so days and ran his nuts off in all of them. Just a guess like

jimos_uk
02-01-2014, 02:19 PM
£5m minimum, and no team will buy him at that price right now.

He's potentially the best of the bunch I've seen come through (IMVHO), but I think he'd benefit from a run of 5-10 matches starting. I am not sure I see that happening at Palace, and my concern is that, if it did, he'd probably get an unfortunate injury.

This is one of those moments where I wish we had a European feeder team (a la FM) - I absolutely do not want to see Champ players kicking chunks out of him (again), but he desperately needs game time to see if he can push on.

I believe he can.

carter
02-01-2014, 02:20 PM
I wish Williams was starting next to Jedinak

spt1978
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Think you need better bait for your fishing / trolling.

Braders
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I would be gutted to see him leave, a player who gets fans off their seats and has huge potential. Injuries aside, he would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

Danny boy
02-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Think you need better bait for your fishing / trolling.

It's true though so hardly trolling

Nigelbrag
02-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Sadly lady luck has not been kind to Jonny, a wonderful promising talented player has seen his career curtailed. Would he figure as a regular in our system under Pulis? probably not, so should he settle for a role on the bench? No as he deserves playing regular football. I fear we may never see his true potential revealed at CPFC.
The answer must be sell him at the best available price possibly £3m, a steal, due to his restricted playing history.

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Jonny needs a spell on loan to a Championship club to get regular game time. It would send the BBS into implosion mode but he needs to be playing regular 90 minutes.

Danny boy
02-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Jonny needs a spell on loan to a Championship club to get regular game time. It would send the BBS into implosion mode but he needs to be playing regular 90 minutes.

You can't say that as williams is a world class talent who should be starting every week despite not contributing a great deal...

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2014, 02:48 PM
You can't say that as williams is a world class talent who should be starting every week despite not contributing a great deal...

Potentially he could be a great player. But players like that need to be playing. The bigger picture is we may reap the rewards more if we loaned him out to actually play 75-90 minutes a game rather than 10 or 15 minutes here and there.

Sceagle
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Agents are the worst

rainbow_child
02-01-2014, 02:56 PM
How much would it take for Palace to sell Jonny?

Sadly I can see him leaving this window, is my gut feeling :(

jhc
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Not a chance of JW going anywhere IMO.
What he needs is 10 -12 consecutive games.
The problem is in fitting him in to the current formation.
I'm sure he will start next Saturday. Perhaps we need to adjust our style to accommodate his undoubted talent.

AJ
02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Williams isn't playing well enough to start yet. When he comes on he usually runs around chasing shadows, has one mazey run that either ends in his falling down(sometimes he wins a free kick, other times he doesn't). He is not a bad player, just not experienced and old enough to start. People should remember that he is only just turned 20 and compare him to Wilf who is a year older, hasn't been injured but has only made 2 subs appearances for a poor MU team.
Definitively should NOT sell him.

evvo111
02-01-2014, 03:26 PM
He is a player with a very big future in front of him. We will only see how good he is if he is allowed to play on a regular basis for us.

When he has played for Wales he has shown how good he can be and has not looked out of place at international level.

CPFC_DAVE77
02-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Agents are the worst

You read the secret footballer?

Sceagle
02-01-2014, 03:42 PM
You read the secret footballer?

I have indeed

TheCharmer
02-01-2014, 04:33 PM
isn't williams' current contract up soon?

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2014, 04:39 PM
isn't williams' current contract up soon?

I thought Williams signed a 5 year contract a year or two ago?

FansAbroadLLC
02-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Gifted, talented, call him what you like; but playing a 5'6" (1.68m) 9st 6lb (60KG) lightweight in a team fighting for survival in the premiership is far too big of a gamble, with too much financial reward at risk. He's just turned 20 and will feature more if we can retain premiership status next season, especially if better quality players arrive at the club, but for now, he needs to continue to play bit parts for experience and bulk up.

FansAbroadLLC
02-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I thought Williams signed a 5 year contract a year or two ago?

He signed a 5 year deal in May 2012 ad it appears he's in transfer talks with the club over a new contract.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-transfer-news-eagles-2961778

waddoneagle
02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Jonny Williams is not for sale, he is Palace

Bognor Eagle
02-01-2014, 05:31 PM
The Mirrow makes me laugh "They all sent spies to run the rule", to me you test drive a car before buying it, so looking isn't against the law !! Good scouting I would suggest

CrawleyEagle
02-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Bannan is a better player I think.

maestro
02-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Bannan is a better player I think.

Unpopular opinion but at the moment he is for sure, If Williams has put in the performances Bannan has everyone would be going crazy saying he's worth 15m

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
If you take all 20 Premier League academies with perhaps 500 youth players how many would be good enough to play in the Premier League. Perhaps 5. We are talking about the best league in the world. 1 in 100.

Many others would make it to Championship teams or play at a lower level. But for a PL team it is more likely that you will get one every 4 or 5 seasons. You will get a fee for producing the lesser players that keeps the academy financially viable and find a £10m Zara every 5 years.

Doubt you would get more then £2m plus add ons for Williams from a Championship club.

I dispute this 1 in 500 rubbish. The amount of young players that get overlooked because some mid to late 20s average journeyman is played ahead of them as he's deemed experienced is crazy. Young players in certain positions and styles can't develop from 17 to 22 in the Prem. Wilf more so and. Moses would have been slated on MOTD etc when they went through their long poor spells that we afforded them when young. That is what the loan system is for. But players in some positions can be given a go. They often make no more mistakes than these average journeymen but their age is brought up as the reason whenever a natural error occurs.

I agree about Pulis and him looking short term at this job to keep us in the league. But this lad isn't a painful to watch winger like Wilf and Moses were in terms of developing in their first 60games or so. Johnny has already part developed and will only get better. I can't stand the simplicity of his size when he gets stuck in too. Know we need height for long balls and goal kick defending but if we can't find space for him it is a sad state of affairs for our club and academy. A loan spell would be a better option if this were the case. How could Carfidd another promoted club afford the 'luxury' of a small central midfielder if we can't?!

SpikeyMatt
02-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I'd loan him to a top half Championship club for the rest of the season with a recall clause, myself.

maestro
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I'd loan him to a top half Championship club for the rest of the season with a recall clause, myself.

Probably is he is very injury prone, I like the idea but I think he needs nursing for a few months more and then a loan spell would be ideal.

redeagle
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Jonny is seen as the future star of welsh football. Looks like an attempt by Tan to win back the Cardiff fans. I would be gutted to see him go but if they were offering over the odds and Jonny wanted to go then I suppose this might be a way of funding some transfers which could keep us up. We all love him but i can't see him exerting any significant influence on whether we stay up between now and the end of the season. I really hope he does stay though. Even his all too brief cameos are a joy to watch.

BBK
02-01-2014, 06:56 PM
The day he leaves will be a sad one, a very sad one.

Ade 70
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Whilst he's part of the matchday squad and actually being used as a sub, I doubt we'd want or need to sell or loan him out.

Just the same as Gayle, he is a valuable option that Pulis appears willing to use as a 2nd half variant to the way he sets us up - which has proved fairly successful thus far.

The Premier League is more of a squad game than the Championship where you'd stick out your best 11 game in game out, whether they were carrying an injury or not (see Jedi fractured cheekbone for eg).

He's had injuries and so 20 minute high energy cameo appearances probably suit him best at the moment. I'd say that's him still developing at Palace, not stagnating like Bostock was

goran
02-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Don't agree. Part of his lack of development is due to a series of niggly injuries ever since he broke his leg. But selling him to a rival is just plain stupid especially now.

The guy is 20 years of age and in that short time has had 1 bad injury - the leg break - and more recently another ligament related injury (I believe) which he recovered from in 2 months.

I don't see this as a series of niggling injuries. Holloway used him last season out of position on the left wing, where he played pretty well - a far better footballer than Bolasie or Puncheon but of course not as quick or direct. The guy is super talented, extremely tough and tenacious for a little guy, and has an excellent attitude to accompany his impressive skills set. Nobody in the Palace squad can link up the play like he does. My mate - an ardent Arsenal fan, saw him in the play off final and thought he oozed class and said he played similar to Wilshire.

I was always afraid for his future as well as Campana (although am not sure the latter is committed enough) as soon as Pulis took over. I still have my concerns about the direction of the club, the youth system, and keeping skillful players under his stewardship.

I do however accept that if I was Williams I would be totally pissed off and would definitely want out. He knows he is far better than a number of the players ahead of him in the squad but given Pulis's counter attack (hoof ball) style of play the game effectively by-passes the midfield therefore Williams is seen as surplus to requirements. Pulis want a bank of 3 defensive midfielders, which is okay away at the likes of Man City and Chelsea etc but at home to mediocre clubs like Norwich it's horrible to see. Pulis's team looked set up to draw that game. I really thought it was so negative at home against a team we should really be looking to win.

Good luck Joniesta - your football skills will be far better served at a club that appreciates you (a proper footballer and not just an athlete).

God help the rest of the young, gifted but smallish players who aren't built like barbarians. very very sad!!!!

goran
02-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Williams isn't playing well enough to start yet. When he comes on he usually runs around chasing shadows, has one mazey run that either ends in his falling down(sometimes he wins a free kick, other times he doesn't). He is not a bad player, just not experienced and old enough to start. People should remember that he is only just turned 20 and compare him to Wilf who is a year older, hasn't been injured but has only made 2 subs appearances for a poor MU team.
Definitively should NOT sell him.

What you've got to remember is the guy is an international footballer who starred in a man of the match performance against a very good Croatia team boasting a superb midfield such as Modric.
You can't judge him on 10 or 20 minutes. He's coming on in a team that is designed to play hoof ball and that is an alien concept to him. He needs to start a few games to get back up to speed with teh Premier League and then sub him towards the end if necessary.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave as he is not stupid - he obviously know that he is not powerhouse water carrier type player that Pulis prefers. He wont get much game time under Pulis IMO

goran
02-01-2014, 07:50 PM

Did you see his man of the match performance for Wales against Croatia? I doubt it. Did you see how he outshone an excellent international team boasting a very good midfield which included Modric. I doubt it very much. The guy is technically very gifted and if you can't see that then I am amazed.

glaziers fan
02-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Insane.

We NEED him for our first team. If he can only play 10 games a season due to injury he should be doing it for US, not Wales and definitely not a Championship side. If he gets a chance for a run of games because he stays fit he will force his way into our side.

If the 'injuries' are just an overprotective excuse as I suspect (not saying he hasn't had a spate of injuries but I believe we as a club have held him back by giving him too much time on the bench between setbacks) then we can have NO complaints if he moves on.

As for his best position, definitely centre mid, and he is strong enough, but actually for us in the Premiership he will have enough space to play out wide. Whilst in the Championship there's no space or time to cut inside, and so width is essential, in the Premiership there is. I'm a fan of Bolasie, but he is way better. Joniesta should be playing 60 mins week in week out as a wide midfielder. 90 mins if he can get his fitness levels up. He's ready to learn. Don't see why Pulis won't play him out wide. May not be as good as Bannan, but he is ten times the talent because he has pace and skill.

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 08:07 PM
If anyone thinks that he has more limited chances and appearances under Pulis compared to IH then they are coming at this from a biased starting point.

I can't stress enough how well the club have managed him post injury but I think people would rather see some sort of conspiracy where he is not wanted or appreciated by the management.

averity
02-01-2014, 08:15 PM
he is a great player and has great potential! cant see him leaving! is just bull if you ask me!
one of the nicest people as well! also to cardiff, lol not a chance

mikethetie2010
02-01-2014, 08:21 PM
And some people think with 4 years left on a contract we should sell him for 3 mill . The bbs has truly gone more bonkers than usual. He is world class not just premier league class imho he is the best player ever produced by the academy and yes that does include the z word. If staying in epl means still having to sell our best players because they don't fit a dogged , don't get beat at all costs style of play then what is the point. We might as well not have the zillions and sell them because we need the money. At least in the championship we would see them play before they left. Not just sitting on the bench. Just look at the pictures after the Gayle goal at villa or Wembley too know how much he loves this club. The possibility alone of him having to leave to find first team football fills me with dread about the future of English football and the club I love

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 08:23 PM
The guy is 20 years of age and in that short time has had 1 bad injury - the leg break - and more recently another ligament related injury (I believe) which he recovered from in 2 months.

I don't see this as a series of niggling injuries. Holloway used him last season out of position on the left wing, where he played pretty well - a far better footballer than Bolasie or Puncheon but of course not as quick or direct. The guy is super talented, extremely tough and tenacious for a little guy, and has an excellent attitude to accompany his impressive skills set. Nobody in the Palace squad can link up the play like he does. My mate - an ardent Arsenal fan, saw him in the play off final and thought he oozed class and said he played similar to Wilshire.

I was always afraid for his future as well as Campana (although am not sure the latter is committed enough) as soon as Pulis took over. I still have my concerns about the direction of the club, the youth system, and keeping skillful players under his stewardship.

I do however accept that if I was Williams I would be totally pissed off and would definitely want out. He knows he is far better than a number of the players ahead of him in the squad but given Pulis's counter attack (hoof ball) style of play the game effectively by-passes the midfield therefore Williams is seen as surplus to requirements. Pulis want a bank of 3 defensive midfielders, which is okay away at the likes of Man City and Chelsea etc but at home to mediocre clubs like Norwich it's horrible to see. Pulis's team looked set up to draw that game. I really thought it was so negative at home against a team we should really be looking to win.

Good luck Joniesta - your football skills will be far better served at a club that appreciates you (a proper footballer and not just an athlete).

God help the rest of the young, gifted but smallish players who aren't built like barbarians. very very sad!!!!

Do you see EVERY thread just as an opportunity to spread your utter bullshit about Pulis ?

Danny boy
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
And some people think with 4 years left on a contract we should sell him for 3 mill . The bbs has truly gone more bonkers than usual. He is world class not just premier league class imho he is the best player ever produced by the academy and yes that does include the z word. If staying in epl means still having to sell our best players because they don't fit a dogged , don't get beat at all costs style of play then what is the point. We might as well not have the zillions and sell them because we need the money. At least in the championship we would see them play before they left. Not just sitting on the bench. Just look at the pictures after the Gayle goal at villa or Wembley too know how much he loves this club. The possibility alone of him having to leave to find first team football fills me with dread about the future of English football and the club I love

Wow

philsick
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
If anyone thinks that he has more limited chances and appearances under Pulis compared to IH then they are coming at this from a biased starting point.

I can't stress enough how well the club have managed him post injury but I think people would rather see some sort of conspiracy where he is not wanted or appreciated by the management.

:D If hitler was our manager,you'd somehow put a positive spin on the fact he was only picking white dudes with blond hair.

You know exactly what kind of players pulis prefers?But i do admire your consistent positivity and unconditional support..

Walrus
02-01-2014, 08:37 PM
:D If hitler was our manager,you'd somehow put a positive spin on the fact he was only picking white dudes with blond hair.

You know exactly what kind of players pulis prefers?But i do admire your consistent positivity and unconditional support..

To all those looking at this "story" as some sort of smoking gun to nail Pulis with:

As a Palace fan, I would take a bunch of grafters + Chamakh keeping us up and securing the medium term future of my club over the "development" of a lightweight flair player who, whilst doubtless full of potential, isn't ready to contribute as effectively to our survival for this all-important season as a bunch of "water carriers".

Pulis knows what will give us the best chance of securing enough points to stay up. If some people would prefer to see us go down playing Williams week-in and week-out, they should remember that no player is ever, EVER bigger than the club.

anti-addick
02-01-2014, 08:40 PM

You consistently come up with football comments which are nuts. I feel sorry for the way you see the game.

mikethetie2010
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
To all those looking at this "story" as some sort of smoking gun to nail Pulis with:

As a Palace fan, I would take a bunch of grafters + Chamakh keeping us up and securing the medium term future of my club over the "development" of a lightweight flair player who, whilst doubtless full of potential, isn't ready to contribute as effectively to our survival for this all-important season as a bunch of "water carriers".

Pulis knows what will give us the best chance of securing enough points to stay up. If some people would prefer to see us go down playing Williams week-in and week-out, they should remember that no player is ever, EVER bigger than the club.
I don't disagree with your final point at all, but I also think it's a bigger issue than joniesta.

Stavros 69
02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
What would utd have done if they sold Paul Scoles at 20????

Sceagle
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM

No pressure :p

jobiinthelastmi
02-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Probably bought someone else.

That's not really the point. Williams is going to be a fantastic player for us, all this talk of selling him or loaning him out is insane.

Stavros 69
02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Probably bought someone else.

That's not really the point. Williams is going to be a fantastic player for us, all this talk of selling him or loaning him out is insane.

And long term lost the spine of their team.

He's very happy here anyway. Very good mates with Ward I hear.

Walrus
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't disagree with your final point at all, but I also think it's a bigger issue than joniesta.

Possibly, possibly not. Let's see what the 25 looks like in 14/15 once TP has kept us up :-)

jobiinthelastmi
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
And long term lost the spine of their team.

He's very happy here anyway. Very good mates with Ward I hear.

Yes with hindsight you can say that. But at the age of 20 players can go either way.

Hopefully he starts the cup game against West Brom

Halfwayline
02-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I dispute this 1 in 500 rubbish. The amount of young players that get overlooked because some mid to late 20s average journeyman is played ahead of them as he's deemed experienced is crazy. Young players in certain positions and styles can't develop from 17 to 22 in the Prem. Wilf more so and. Moses would have been slated on MOTD etc when they went through their long poor spells that we afforded them when young. That is what the loan system is for. But players in some positions can be given a go. They often make no more mistakes than these average journeymen but their age is brought up as the reason whenever a natural error occurs.

I agree about Pulis and him looking short term at this job to keep us in the league. But this lad isn't a painful to watch winger like Wilf and Moses were in terms of developing in their first 60games or so. Johnny has already part developed and will only get better. I can't stand the simplicity of his size when he gets stuck in too. Know we need height for long balls and goal kick defending but if we can't find space for him it is a sad state of affairs for our club and academy. A loan spell would be a better option if this were the case. How could Carfidd another promoted club afford the 'luxury' of a small central midfielder if we can't?!

Times have changed from the 90's. For a player to start for an established PL club you need to be in the Top 50 in the World in your position. That is why Wilf & Moses can't get a game.

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes, I've seen what Pulis did at Stoke but that isn't a guarantee that he will approach this job in the same way at all. He regularly plays Bannan, Puncheon and Williams and each of them are clearly not the archetypal fit of player that you and others think that he only selects. If he want 6 footers then why not Campana or O'Keefe instead of KG as a starter all things being equal?

We have not played hoof ball comparatively to under IH (no criticism levelled at IH there) and we haven't seen tactics any more counter attacking or cynical than under either of our previous two managers. It seems to me, rather than it being positive for the sake of being positive as people would like to paint me, I am pointing out here that criticisms levelled at him seem to be targeted to a preconceived idea of what Pulis is about rather than what he has been about here.

And I stand by my point about Williams (correctly) being used sparingly by both IH and TP and it is not indicative that he isn't valued here.

orp pisshead1
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Was better than Bale, Ledley and King.

Was better than Modric and Rakitic.

Was MOTM.

Yep , hugely rated by the welsh coaches and media alike:p.
they said on night Croatia couldn't contain him.

Art132
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
A player like Jonny needs to be in the thick of it from the start, you often here about midfield players taking the game by the scruff of the neck well he can,10-15 mins cameos you will not see the best of him but he will try his hardest and probably his over eagerness will get criticism like i have read on this post. He is a fine player who will become a great one, at this club i hope.

glaziers fan
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM

1) I certainly don't think he has had less opportunities than under IH. It's been just a continuation. Holloway sold one of our academy talents and set the ball rolling for Joniesta's demise. I don't blame Pulis for being cautious over a player he hasn't seen a lot of when you take into account the situation we are in.

2) If you think the club have handled Joniesta well, then he won't want to move will he? If he understands that he has been managed well by the club post injury he won't want to move will he? I'll be furious, :veryangry FURIOUS :veryangry if we sell him, and I will lay the blame firmly at Holloway's door. He would be known as the manager who ripped the heart out of our academy. But if you think that Joniesta is happy with the amount of opportunity he has had then as a local boy who is very level headed he won't dream of moving to a club of similar size, 'Welsh' or not. And therefore I'll have no reason to get angry. Personally, I think he is on his way because Pulis will need to bring in some cash from somewhere to bring in his targets, and most of the dross that Holloway signed is unsaleable.

Big Fella
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Flip me, the lad only came back from injury a few games ago. Every time we rush him back he gets injured. Plus we've been playing fairly well, so the bench it is. So many drama queens on here. He won 't go anywhere for a while and will continue his education on the bench until he is strong enough to compete for 90 minutes.

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:33 PM
1) I certainly don't think he has had less opportunities than under IH. It's been just a continuation. Holloway sold one of our academy talents and set the ball rolling for Joniesta's demise. I don't blame Pulis for being cautious over a player he hasn't seen a lot of when you take into account the situation we are in.

2) If you think the club have handled Joniesta well, then he won't want to move will he? If he understands that he has been managed well by the club post injury he won't want to move will he? I'll be furious, :veryangry FURIOUS :veryangry if we sell him, and I will lay the blame firmly at Holloway's door. He would be known as the manager who ripped the heart out of our academy. But if you think that Joniesta is happy with the amount of opportunity he has had then as a local boy who is very level headed he won't dream of moving to a club of similar size, 'Welsh' or not. And therefore I'll have no reason to get angry. Personally, I think he is on his way because Pulis will need to bring in some cash from somewhere to bring in his targets, and most of the dross that Holloway signed is unsaleable.

I have to say that I've missed your crazy ramblings gf.:hi:

Liam_Palace
02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-eye-transfer-crystal-palaces-2981381

£3m bid from Cardiff going in soon.

Sp1Eagle
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
"The winger, 20, is ready for a fresh start elsewhere"

TomEagle
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
"The winger, 20, is ready for a fresh start elsewhere"

Yeah, and they referred to him playing on the green green grass of home, or something. I didn't realise Cardiff played in Surrey.

orp pisshead1
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-eye-transfer-crystal-palaces-2981381

£3 mill lololol.

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Daily mirror

Useless shit rag of a paper

Woosie
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
There is no way we will sell for £3m. Surely that contradicts their piece about him being in contract negotiations and having a high buyout clause inserted. I realise that the mirror didn't say we would accept it though.

croydonexile
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM

£3 million plus caulker and I'd be tempted

anti-addick
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Thank **** you're not in charge then.

Bobsta
02-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Lol

Ali77
02-01-2014, 11:11 PM
If he goes its a disgrace and there will an absolute uproar from the fans. Would be a terrible terrible decision and I would withdraw all support for pulis. Its not happening though. Is it?!

Ash
02-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Love watching Jonny Williams but he really needs to start delivering some end product. Was it not just a single assist last year?

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM
JW is Welsh. TP is Welsh. He ain't going anywhere.

Cardiff can kiss my custard

Windsor_Eagle
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM
The fact that the mirror think he is actually from Wales tells me all I need to know about their 'scoop'.

In other news Palace are preparing a bid of £4m for Luke Shaw and a £3m bid for John Stones. My source is about as reliable as the Mirrors.

Princess
02-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Don't think you should pay too much heed to these rumours.

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:16 PM
If he goes its a disgrace and there will an absolute uproar from the fans. Would be a terrible terrible decision and I would withdraw all support for pulis. Its not happening though. Is it?!

A slight overreaction me thinks. Fook my old grannies boots, what did you do when we sold Wilf ?

plectrum
02-01-2014, 11:17 PM
it makes me wonder why there arent secret agents in football. Take £3m send him to Cardiff, get him to **** up a few key games, score a few own goals play a few dubious back passes and see Cardiff down and then come back to Palace! ;) MI5 shit

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Don't think you should pay too much heed to these rumours.

Bed woman. Know your place

Princess
02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Philistine!

Ljb
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Let them waste as much time as they like trying to get Williams from us, when they could be focusing on getting other players in

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
it makes me wonder why there arent secret agents in football. Take £3m send him to Cardiff, get him to **** up a few key games, score a few own goals play a few dubious back passes and see Cardiff down and then come back to Palace! ;) MI5 shit

By Jove old boy, I think you've got it

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Philistine!

:love:

goran
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Do you see EVERY thread just as an opportunity to spread your utter bullshit about Pulis ?

Try to offer rational debate or intelligent discussion. I, like many others worry about the the type of club we may become under the football philosophy of Pulis. Clearly justified if Williams goes.
I think Pulis is a structuralist, a pragmatist and that could welcomely keep us up - but at what cost to the principles of the club with its wonderful academy as well as the greater good of the game as a spectacle. Fair enough, he's doing pretty well in terms of results and hopefully it will continue but I feel we could and probably should have got 3 points at home to Norwich if he'd had opted for a more positive approach by utilising a creative midfielder and not play it so 'safe' against very average teams!

Thanks for commenting though 🔯

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Try to offer rational debate or intelligent discussion. I, like many others worry about the the type of club we may become under the football philosophy of Pulis. Clearly justified if Williams goes.
I think Pulis is a structuralist, a pragmatist and that could welcomely keep us up - but at what cost to the principles of the club with its wonderful academy as well as the greater good of the game as a spectacle. Fair enough, he's doing pretty well in terms of results and hopefully it will continue but I feel we could and probably should have got 3 points at home to Norwich if he'd had opted for a more positive approach by utilising a creative midfielder and not play it so 'safe' against very average teams!

Thanks for commenting though 🔯

What principles are those then? Hardly Barca are we

whereEaglesFly
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Selling Scannell pissed me right off, selling Williams would be even worse!! You don't let players like that go unless they are of zero use to the club

croydonexile
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Who is better, Bannan or Williams ? Seriously

Worksop Palace
Selling Scannell pissed me right off, selling Williams would be even worse!! You don't let players like that go unless they are of zero use to the club

Or shite

Ali77
This would be far worse than selling wilf. I think we all accepted that we couldn't stand in wilfs way moving to a top 4 team all be it hasn't worked out for him yet. This would be selling our best youngster to a relegation rival. Anyone with a half decent footballing brain can see what an intelligent player is and that his best is yet to come. Selling him would undermine everything I thought we stood for as a football club.

For the record I don't think we will sell.

Worksop Palace
02-01-2014, 11:42 PM

At the moment ? Bannan.

NorthPalace23
02-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Bannan is probably better currently but Joniesta has the potential to be a top top player in the same bracket as Wilf.

Look at the money we ended up getting for Wilf we can get the same or more for Joniesta the longer we keep him and the better he gets.

HolmesdaleUpper
02-01-2014, 11:48 PM

Bannan. There's no contest.

Ali77
02-01-2014, 11:51 PM
williams will be twice the player of bannan. Stupid debate - I do like bannan though.

Billy Rhino
03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
With the protection of Jedi and Ward, yesterday would've been the ideal time to play Jonny in the central attacking midfield position in those conditions, instead of just hoofing it to Chamakh and Jerome. He is not a winger.

sheepy
03-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Would be gutted if he left. Have to be honest, when we signed Bannan I thought Williams was in trouble - very similar players and you can probably only accommodate one of them in your team. It's hard to see at the moment how that one would be Williams considering we spent 3 mil on Bannan who is a decent player himself and with Williams' issues staying fit.

Hopefully it's bull but if he goes I think this may well be the legacy of holloway and his scattergun approach to transfers in the summer.

Ali77
03-01-2014, 12:16 AM
How on earth can you blame this one on Holloway!!!!we should keep both in the squad. This would say a lot more about pulis and where he intends to take our football club. Hopefully its all bollocks.

croydonexile
03-01-2014, 12:18 AM
If the money brought in by Williams' sale got a player like defoe , wouldn't that be good business and the whole point of having a youth system?

Find em, nurchure their talent and then sell them at a massive profit and improve the existing squad ?

orp pisshead1
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Would be gutted if he left. Have to be honest, when we signed Bannan I thought Williams was in trouble - very similar players and you can probably only accommodate one of them in your team. It's hard to see at the moment how that one would be Williams considering we spent 3 mil on Bannan who is a decent player himself and with Williams' issues staying fit.

Hopefully it's bull but if he goes I think this may well be the legacy of holloway and his scattergun approach to transfers in the summer.

Seen Bannan on several occasions and he's a decent player but think Williams is not only better but slightly different player especially when playing centre. You don't run the likes of Croatia completely ragged unless your top class:p.

Sp1Eagle
03-01-2014, 12:23 AM

Different type of player IMO so you can't compare.

maestro
03-01-2014, 12:28 AM
We need to keep him, His value will only go up imo, I dont think he will play much part this season but its important to also keep a good side should we go down.

Ali77
03-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he has role to play this season?! he brings so much energy when the players r starting to look knackered.

maestro
03-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he has role to play this season?! he brings so much energy when the players r starting to look knackered.

I think he will get better but to be truly honest I havent been overly impressed with his limited apearences, he seems to want to run into the area and fall on the floor.

I would actually drop chamakh for tough away games and play 5 in midfield like we did vs Man city and play Williams centrally

stinky
03-01-2014, 09:50 AM

Two completely different examples.

Williams is class and should not be sold.

Scannell, whilst loyal and decent for us, was going nowhere and hasn't done anything of note since he left.

old geezer
03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
I do not think Williams will go and certainly not to a relegation foe.
He needs tie t get fully recovered and using him sparingly is sensible with Bannan about - whilst they are similar in many ways Williams has more dimensions to his game and that makes him a better player in my view
I would be very upset to see him leave and it would put a question mark against Pulis in my mind if he let this happen

glaziers fan
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM

If he goes it will be the legacy of Holloway but it started in Jan - selling Zaha and benching Williams.

Langers
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Assuming Joniesta will play on Saturday so it gives a chance for Pullis to see how valuable he is to the squad

CommercialStone
03-01-2014, 10:12 AM

Would be gutted if he left - agree

you can probably only accommodate one of them in your team - disagree

think this may well be the legacy of holloway and his scattergun approach to transfers in the summer - disagree

glaziers fan
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Two completely different examples.

Williams is class and should not be sold.

Scannell, whilst loyal and decent for us, was going nowhere and hasn't done anything of note since he left.

Very true. Scannell didn't kick on after a promising start. His problem was playing out wide. He is similar in style to Gayle, although not as good.

Joniesta hasn't had a chance to kick on, due to injuries and 'injuries' but he is stagnating so I wouldn't blame him if he moved on. Has been wrapped up in cotton wool for Wales and another Prem team to reap the benefits. Great.

glaziers fan
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Assuming Joniesta will play on Saturday so it gives a chance for Pullis to see how valuable he is to the squad

He won't start though because he is carrying an 'injury'. He's 'not fit' to start.

racehorse-80s
03-01-2014, 10:18 AM
If Pulis sells Williams it's his decision along with the nod from the Chairman , blaming Holloway 2 months after he left the club is bizarre .

Latvian Eagle
03-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Very true. Scannell didn't kick on after a promising start. His problem was playing out wide. He is similar in style to Gayle, although not as good.

Lol wtf! I fail to see what Gayle has done for such acclaim just yet? How many games did Scannell play in his actual position? About 3! He should have played up top a lot more.

Many managers had the stupid propensity to use him on the wing because he is young and pacey!

Windsor_Eagle
03-01-2014, 10:46 AM
He won't start though because he is carrying an 'injury'. He's 'not fit' to start.

You keep on with this but I can assure you as someone who knows what they are talking about in this area, that injury he suffered with Wales U-21 was a serious one for a player of his age.

Recurring injuries are all too common after a leg break and more so given the very combative nature of his role in the team. The club are and were right to very very carefully manage his first team exposure even if it causes you distress.

I know your only concern is Palace but the club have a duty of care to Williams above and beyond Palace. If we use him now as much as we do players like Ward or Jedinak then his career will be finished by the time he is 28. I can almost guarantee it.

Neil 154
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Some of you obviously wear red and blue specs. Williams is a lovely kid with bags of talent , but the reality is he's crocked more often than fit, he's got barely any Premier League experience , he's not getting better, we have better midfielders. If 3 mil buys us a striker who scores goal that keeps us up, I think we'll get over it.

GodstoneEagle
03-01-2014, 11:04 AM
If the money brought in by Williams' sale got a player like defoe , wouldn't that be good business and the whole point of having a youth system?

Find em, nurchure their talent and then sell them at a massive profit and improve the existing squad ?

Defoe is joining Toronto FC

Will S
03-01-2014, 11:13 AM
*Hate* the thought of selling him - but if he goes for a hatful (and I mean a hatful) and allows us to reinvest and that keeps us up, then I could accept it. Bearing in mind if we got relegated we'd probably have to sell him anyway (to allow the player to progress, as much as for financial reasons).

SouthernEagle20
03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
IF we receive any bids over £5 million for Williams, he'll be off for sure.

I know a lot of fans feel we should get more, but you have to consider how many injuries he has had and he's not playing as much either (bench warmer) so reckon he will be off this Jan or in the summer, sadly.

Timbo
03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I agree with Windsor Eagle on most of his comments. JW is being well managed by the club who presumably hold him in even higher esteem than I do
His time will come, but its not yet

Timbo
03-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Oh definitely!! I wonder how many bids over £5 million there will be though?

jobiinthelastmi
03-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Oh definitely!! I wonder how many bids over £5 million there will be though?

None.

Too injury prone at the moment to warrant a bid even near that amount. He's worth more to us as potential than any possible transfer fee we would receive this January.

What if we took 5 million for Zaha when it was offered? When he was ball greedy and had no end product. We wouldn't be sitting here now in the Premiership that's for sure.

hdeagle
03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Surely this is just the media looking for a story as Johnny Williams loves it at Palace and recently signed a new long term contract.
He is getting back up to speed following a bad ankle injury which is the reason why his appearances have been limited so far this season.

It would take a huge offer for Palace to even consider selling another rising star from our academy.

evvo111
03-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I find it a bit strange that Solskjaear had been in the job for less than a day before deciding Joniesta was a player he wanted.

wedgetail
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I would cry if we sold Williams.

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree with Windsor Eagle on most of his comments. JW is being well managed by the club who presumably hold him in even higher esteem than I do
His time will come, but its not yet

Playing ten minutes at left mid does not strike me as outstanding management of a central midfielder.

I don't blame TP, I understand, but lets not make irrational excuses and suggest William's positon is good presently.

ForzaPalace
03-01-2014, 11:46 AM
I want him at Palace forever.

Danny boy
03-01-2014, 11:48 AM

I know a lot of fans feel we should get more, but you have to consider how many injuries he has had and he's not playing as much either (bench warmer) so reckon he will be off this Jan or in the summer, sadly.

Who the **** will pay over 5m for him? Seriously:D

jaspercpfc
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM

what do we reckon his current market value is...........IMO 900k-1.2m

Kirby
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I find it a bit strange that Solskjaear had been in the job for less than a day before deciding Joniesta was a player he wanted.

Do you really think Solskjaer has a say in Cardiff's transfer targets?!

evvo111
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Do you really think Solskjaer has a say in Cardiff's transfer targets?!

Fair point, although I'd have thought Tan would have even less knowledge of JW and football in general :)

Selhurst Celtic
03-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Williams is currently the only link between the Academy and the first team. We've seen the likes of Routledge, Moses, Bo$tock, Scannell & Zaha sold over the past few years, selling Williams too would be very hard to take.

He is Palace. He is a reason why people like me make their way across London to watch Palace. Surely he is being eased back into the side after some unfortunate injuries, and not being sidelined by spite? He has undoubted ability. Yes, the more experienced Bannan has currently usurped his position in the team, but Williams can learn from him and continue to improve as a player. His gift for finding space looks so simple and yet not every player can manage it.

Seeing youngsters make their way through the progressive ages of Palace and then ultimately representing the first team in red and blue is what makes supporting a club like ours so special.

Anyone looking for the fast cash and wanting to replace him with somebody who doesn't hold Palace in their soul has a heart of stone. I hope you lose your houses.

CharlieCPFC
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Williams is currently the only link between the Academy and the first team. We've seen the likes of Routledge, Moses, Bo$tock, Scannell & Zaha sold over the past few years, selling Williams too would be very hard to take.

He is Palace. He is a reason why people like me make their way across London to watch Palace. Surely he is being eased back into the side after some unfortunate injuries, and not being sidelined by spite? He has undoubted ability. Yes, the more experienced Bannan has currently usurped his position in the team, but Williams can learn from him and continue to improve as a player. His gift for finding space looks so simple and yet not every player can manage it.

Seeing youngsters make their way through the progressive ages of Palace and then ultimately representing the first team in red and blue is what makes supporting a club like ours so special.

Anyone looking for the fast cash and wanting to replace him with somebody who doesn't hold Palace in their soul has a heart of stone. I hope you lose your houses.

Definitely.

I stand by this no matter what league we're in.

SouthernEagle20
03-01-2014, 12:06 PM

I was going to say a lower fee but thought everyone would go mad at me for saying it! :cool:

I have a feeling the offer (if there is going to be any offers) will be between 2 - 3.5m + Add ons.

:p

SouthernEagle20
03-01-2014, 12:09 PM
what do we reckon his current market value is...........IMO 900k-1.2m

Really?! 900k-1.2m! You do know were out of admin now? We have been out of it for a long time.. We don't need to sell him and he's a top talent that should go for a little bit more than the figure you suggest above.

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Really?! 900k-1.2m! You do know were out of admin now? We have been out of it for a long time.. We don't need to sell him and he's a top talent that should go for a little bit more than the figure you suggest above.

All depends on how you look at it. This isn't my view but one could argue:

1. Doesn't create get many assists
2. Doesn't score many goals
3. Injury prone
4. Of above injuries one was/is very serious
5. Not getting in his current side

As I say, I think he has tons of ability, but driving across the pitch before giving the ball to Bolasie does not make you a £5m midfielder.

How much is Will Hughes at Derby worth?

Selhurst Celtic
03-01-2014, 12:17 PM
£5m

kolinkins
03-01-2014, 12:20 PM
As I say, I think he has tons of ability, but driving across the pitch before giving the ball to Bolasie does not make you a £5m midfielder.

Giving the ball to Bolasie should be a criminal offence ;)

But seriously, stats don't tell the story with players like Williams. Often, he will do the important bit before an assist.

However, he needs to learn to shoot.

I want to keep him and watch him develop, but he's got to kick on physically.

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Giving the ball to Bolasie should be a criminal offence ;)

But seriously, stats don't tell the story with players like Williams. Often, he will do the important bit before an assist.

However, he needs to learn to shoot.

I want to keep him and watch him develop, but he's got to kick on physically.

Nav - I am not saying that the above was my opinion. I'm simply pointing out that it could be argued that he is not currently worth £5m.

I agree with you.

Eaglehunter
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
If jonny leaves he will be going to a top four club! Or a european club, not cardiff under the rollercoaster called tan! That boy is world class maybe a move would help him fulfill his potential, we dont seem to be doing that at the moment and its a pi@* take having on the bench all the time when he is fit! Go jonny go go go.

BBK
03-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I want to see him score at Selhurst, I missed the goal against Wigan years back. :sob: I imagine the celebrations of him scoring in front of the Holmesdale would be fantastic.

Selhurst Celtic
03-01-2014, 01:16 PM
I was willing Delaney to thump in a winning header in front of the Holmesdale against Norwich City as I reckon he'd end up in row 20 if that happened, but changed my mind to a Williams winner and knee slide to the corner flag when he came on.

A shame that neither happened. But I will continue to dream.

orp pisshead1
03-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Bang on the money:p , brilliant player when injury free and worth well north of £10 mill( in today's stupid stupid prices) if injury free for long spell.
People should try and look up Wales vs Croatia coverage and you'll see he really belonged in a midfield containing top draw players from both countries.

Ollie Ox
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
According to Sky Sports Solskjar isn't even going to think about possible transfers until after his first game. If true then this story is almost certainly crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

sydnsteve
03-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Would be utter folly

JDawg
03-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Why would we sell anyone to a team that is around us in the relegation positions. Putting aside the emotional issues it would make no financial sense to assist anybody in the bottom seven or eight in the PL regardless of any transfer fee.

If Johnny is to go, he is to go but for ****s sake wait for the end of the season before making any such decision.

Halfwayline
03-01-2014, 02:31 PM
He is obviously not doing enough in training games for Holloway, Millen or Pullis to make him a consistent first choice pick. In the end it is up to him to earn a place in the team.

BBK
03-01-2014, 02:38 PM
He is obviously not doing enough in training games for Holloway, Millen or Pullis to make him a consistent first choice pick. In the end it is up to him to earn a place in the team.

That's clearly shit, have you seen him warming up or during a game? He doesn't stop working and has more skill than the whole starting 11 put together.

selhurstparkflyer
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
People are dreaming if they think people go to watch Palace to see Jonny.

I like him and he's a good player but Palace fans really are myopic when they assess our youth talent.

King William
03-01-2014, 04:38 PM

Incorrect.

Pullis views him as our most prized assets , but is unsure how/where to accommodate him in the team from the start of each match.

Apparently pullis not a fan of small central midfielders (eg bannon, Williams )

sydnsteve
03-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah, who has ever heard of small midfielders being successful? Never happens!

King William
03-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah, who has ever heard of small midfielders being successful? Never happens!

Completely agree. silly stance from pullis

philsick
03-01-2014, 04:50 PM

:p Early contender for post of the year.

Billyd
03-01-2014, 05:34 PM
No one will pay close to £5m for Williams

jobiinthelastmi
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM

Correct

Because he's not for sale.

elgin eagle
03-01-2014, 05:48 PM

Good. The days of us having to sell our best players are hopefully over while there is premier league football back at selhurst. Quite a few players need to move on for the sake of their careers, but not jw.

CaterhamEagle
03-01-2014, 05:58 PM
No one will pay a price that would quell the fans if the owners sold him. That, added to the fact that he is a Palace fan and that his parents have a very good relationship with the club, make me wonder why this could happen. Jonny is here for the long term I think (and hope). All he needs is an injury-free run.

Billyd
03-01-2014, 06:37 PM
We wouldnt sell for under £5m and no one will pay anything close to £5m. He will be here come end of Jan.

Eaglehunter
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM

I Bet jw is doing all that is humanly possible to get in the team he is being frozen out! Bet he takes his training more seriously than most in the team.

waddoneagle
03-01-2014, 07:02 PM
When i see Jonny Williams, I see Crystal Palace FC, Its what we are all about.

He is not for sale

Panther
03-01-2014, 07:06 PM
All he needs is an injury-free run.

That's the truth. It's also a reason why I'm inclined to doubt any transfer rumours. Why would another club be willing to take a risk on him, given his in jury record, for the sort of price Palace would require?

MarkSpod
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
It'll be another sad day if he goes. Just wish TP would give he a good runof games

glaziers fan
03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Incorrect.

Pullis views him as our most prized assets , but is unsure how/where to accommodate him in the team from the start of each match.

Apparently pullis not a fan of small central midfielders (eg bannon, Williams )

No issues with Pulis for preferring big centre mids FOR US in the position we are in. I would however like to see Williams as a wide midfielder on the left. Especially if we get Cresswell for the overlap

didok
03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
TP needs to raise funds to make purchases so I would not be surprised to see Williams go for a reasonable fee

thehalifaxman
03-01-2014, 07:51 PM
When i see Jonny Williams, I see Crystal Palace FC, Its what we are all about.

He is not for sale

^^^^^
Would be gutted if we sold him.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Sir.S.C Remembered
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Agree with a lot of this. As happy as I am with recent results, I stand by it being a bad appointment long term for many if the reasons you have stated.

I haven't seen his other posts, but Pulis' record completely backs this opinion up so I think you are believing what you want to believe.

Jordan's Jacket
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
It would be nice to keep hold of some of our jewels for a few more years. We didn't get to see the best from Zaha, Moses, Clyne, Watson to name a few.