PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Andy Johnson (Ancient Thread)

TAK
27-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
I think its time now that we all realise we will be playing next season without our star man Clinton.
I just want to wish him all the very best, even though it is Birmingham he has signed for, but i do still feel it's a bad move for him.
Anyway, thanks Clint for everything you have done for us and stuck by us when we needed you most, we will all remember those great goals and not so great dance celebrations!!!
We all know he will be missed but he was gonna go at some stage and i just hope and i'm very sure he wont ever forget us all at the Palace and will be welcome back at anytime.
Clinton was a gem and always had time for others and his presence will definately be missed on matchdays at Selhurst.
Best of luck mate.

On the other hand, i think its time we welcomed Andy Johnson.
I dont think its fair that we regard him as the replacement for Clinton because we know he wont be and it will be sad if you all expect that from him, he is just a player who has been used as part of the deal and i'm sure he must be feeling unwanted at the moment aswell.
I honestly feel that given a run in the side he can be a good goalscorer and his pace will frighten most defences and he may surprise many of you.
So i guess it's time to say welcome to Crystal Palace AJ.

Sleeping Giant
27-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Indeed welcome to him. The problem is though, he may be good at what he does, but that doesn't include scoring Clinton like quantities of goals. I hate swaps. Can't ever remember a good one but at least TF knows him very well. Only our strikers got goals last year. Where are they coming from this year then folks? Also we only have one recognised central defender at the club for the first quarter of the season. All this means that at this point in time we are more likely to go down than up next year. We must spend some of the Clinton cash on a quality central defender at least (Murphy would have done!). That will ensure survival. Can you see us buying another striker though now with DF, AA and AJ? I don't think we'll reach the playoffs if we don't get one. The saving grace for the season will be that other clubs will be in an awful financial position but as things stand we are not playoff material.

Simon Forrest
27-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Andrew Johnson, welcome to our world. Best of luck for the season, we'll ALL be cheering for you. How do you feel about playing three in attack. Super Tommy Black may be up front with you. :p

Jimbo ?
27-07-2002, 02:09 PM
I am now prepared for a season without clint - not too sure about johnson though - we need 2 players to replace clint!

c_block_lad
27-07-2002, 02:30 PM
Andy Johnson 2 Goals 60 Games

Nuff Said

Boris the charltonhater
27-07-2002, 03:31 PM
We buy Andy Johnson, a player who is not good enough for one of the weakest premiership sides. How is this meant to help us get promoted? :veryangry

kolinkins
27-07-2002, 03:41 PM
welcome AJ. hope u do the business for us. i also hope that most fans do not view youas a replacement for clint as that would not be fair. ur a player in ur own right, and hope it goes our way!

James
27-07-2002, 03:42 PM
The most important thing is that we don't try to blame AJ for Morrison's departure. It isn't his fault. Nor is it his fault that he has been lumbered with an unrealistic price tag of 750,000. The price is irrelevant. Whatever price is pinned to his lapel is there only to make the Clinton deal look slightly better.

So - of course we must cheer on AJ and let him know from the first game that while he wears the Palace shirt, we will back him 100%. Confidence is so important to football players. If he feels that the crowd is against him, we will never get the chance to see what he can do.

Yes, he may be a dud and the chances are that he will never approach the worth of Morrison, but who really knows? Perhaps in AJ we have an uncut gem, waiting to shine.

It's up to us to find out.

BUNGLE
27-07-2002, 05:09 PM
I feel sorry for him, who really wants to play for a team where the supporters don't get behind the team.

I can tell already that if we lose to Preston then don't beat Bradford the fans will already be on the teams back and then were just in a lose lose situation.

Never felt more down about the club, not about losing morrison but about our support, I just felt embaressed sitting in block B at the end of last season and it will be the same next season I predict.

g23
27-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Welcome AJ, good luck, and may your time at Palace be rewarding and successful for all of us.

CPFC Pete
27-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Welcome AJ, good luck for the coming season. :p

Sleeping Giant
27-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
I feel sorry for him, who really wants to play for a team where the supporters don't get behind the team.

If you are doing, I would recommend trying not to confuse people who do not always post upbeat comments on here, with people who don't get behind the team. Personally I like to know what people truely think rather than the spin. At this point in time, I have very little optimism for the new season and will say so. That said, I will be there, I won't be vocally slagging new players who haven't had a chance including Ade and I will be shouting and encouraging (but yes, getting unbelievably frustrated!). Maybe there are some others like me. When I see Morrison and Symons replaced with the same quality I know that I will be posting upbeat comments on these boards! We had the jigsaw. We've lost two pieces.

Ave Satani
27-07-2002, 06:52 PM
I seem to remember similar things being said about a certain Chris Armstrong when we splashed out 1million for him and look how he got on!

Sleeping Giant
27-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Ave Satani
I seem to remember similar things being said about a certain Chris Armstrong when we splashed out 1million for him and look how he got on!

That's a great point. His scoring rate was not good when he arrived. The point is though that We had a formula that would have taken us up just last year. All of a sudden we are down the road of high risk strategy. Ade bought when he had not a drop of confidence and Andy Johnson when he hasn't yet shown that he's a goalscorer. For me it is rank poor management. I'm not happy swapping goals today for maybe goals tomorrow.

PalaceFan in Alabama
27-07-2002, 07:07 PM
AJ is on a hiding, no matter what he does. I wish him all the very best and hope he gets off to a flying start.

I do not blame him as much as I blame SJ :veryangry

As I have stated on another thread I feel despondent about the upcoming season :(

Palace Don
27-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by James
The most important thing is that we don't try to blame AJ for Morrison's departure. It isn't his fault. Nor is it his fault that he has been lumbered with an unrealistic price tag of 750,000. The price is irrelevant. Whatever price is pinned to his lapel is there only to make the Clinton deal look slightly better.

So - of course we must cheer on AJ and let him know from the first game that while he wears the Palace shirt, we will back him 100%. Confidence is so important to football players. If he feels that the crowd is against him, we will never get the chance to see what he can do.

Yes, he may be a dud and the chances are that he will never approach the worth of Morrison, but who really knows? Perhaps in AJ we have an uncut gem, waiting to shine.

Well said James. We have to turn our frustration at losing Morrison into a positive for Johnson, and who knows, maybe the change of club for him will bring out the best in him. But only if the fans get behind him from day 1.

Welcome to Palace.

Gooders
27-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Well said people.

Most of us had never heard of AJ, let alone seen him play.

But if he's a Palace player now, let's give the lad some support (preferably for more than one or two games).

Tor
27-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Seems like most of the Blues fans regret to see him go. This is a cut/paste from a fan on their (lousy) forum:

"if AJ the boy wonder does go he will be missed dearly,personally i think he's a great player with so much potential, For an up and coming youngster with first team football week in week out he will shine emmensly and will be one of the best players in division 1 next season,thats for definate!
Just hope Clinton gives 110% and is worth all this hassell!!!!!!!
lets just hope so "

Welcome to the Eagles, wonder boy...

brighton_eagle
27-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad

Nuff Said

I think you've missed the point mate. If he's coming, which it looks like he is, we should all get behind him and give him our support. That's the point of this thread. If you don't fell you can do that, that's your decision.

Welcome AJ, and good luck to you for the coming season. :p

Selhurst Eagle
27-07-2002, 09:40 PM
I just like to say a big welcome to the young lad Andrew Johnson. I think his a good little player, who can give defenders a lot of trouble. I reckon the change to Palace will bring the most out of him!! :p

IF we make a couple of good buys (a new decent defender PLEASE TF!), I think we could be challenging next season for a playoff(?), especially with a lot of clubs struggling financially.

Selhurst Eagles

COME ON PALACE!!!!

pallet
27-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Firstly I couldnt of put the farewell to Clint any better,I am a big fan of his and am very sad to see him leave.
I do welcome AJ however I have been slight disappointed with his attitude about coming to Palace. lets face it he wasnt exactly keen. I hope he proves me wrong and before you all have a go, I will be cheering him on.

AJ
27-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Good luck to Andy, Shame no-one can see that he is being bought to replace Akinbiyi, not Morrison....changes the whole perspective, doesn't it?

Tony
28-07-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by AJ
Good luck to Andy, Shame no-one can see that he is being bought to replace Akinbiyi, not Morrison....changes the whole perspective, doesn't it?

I don't know what makes you say that (any hard evidence or just a hunch?), but you could well be right. Trev seems to have a bit of previous for buying donkeys and then dropping them like a hot spud when it dawns on him they're crap. The only thing is, unlike at Birmingham, he's not going to have the luxury of just going out and getting another one which may actually turn out to be a blessing.

lees eagles
28-07-2002, 02:24 AM
Welcome to AJ. I have been reading some of the comments on rivals.net from bc fans and the majority are very sorry to see AJ go. I agree that it is up to us to show him the support he needs to settle in and to keep that support going. One note about the transfer, I was listening to talksport today and it was mentioned on there that one of the main stumbling blocks was not just a weekly wage but the amount it will cost for AJ to buy a house in the south east compared with the same property in the midlands.

Beanie
28-07-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by AJ

AJ can't play the same role as Akinbiyi - he's too small. What this does mean is that we may see a similar partnership between AJ and Dougie as between Clinton and Dougie. I'd say with Kabba and Williams as well Akinbiyi is very much the odd man out style wise. What this means may well depend on how Palace do without Akinbiyi for a couple of months.

rednbluevegas
28-07-2002, 09:09 AM
AJ (seems we are calling him by his Brum name already) will do very well for us. His scoring record is not great, but everytime I have seen Birmingham, he has looked a very good prospect indeed.

And that is the whole point - we have got a good prospect and nothing like the finished product. Freedman and Akinbiyi will be our first choice front two when fit with Black and AJ has other options. That will be good enough to score goals providing the back 4 (pay attention Austin) don't concede the crappy sloppy goals that they have under Smith, Kember and yes, Bruce.

Welcome to the very wonderful world of the Eagles AJ. One thing is certain - it is never, ever dull here!

the_next_matt_jansen
28-07-2002, 03:03 PM
If you read the BBS AJ, welcome and good luck.

28-07-2002, 03:34 PM
For those still mourning the departure of Clinton and having doubts about his replacement from St.Andrews, may I be allowed to quote ANDREW FIFIELD writing in the Official Palace Programme of 6th March, 2001, as his concluding pen-portrait of Birmingham City players as follows: "Lastly, there is Andy Johnson. Recovering from that penalty miss against Liverpool will be a real test of character, but he should not take that glitch too much to heart. His performance (in the 2001 League Cup Final at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - my emphasis F.K.) after coming on as a sub was nothing short of inspirational and he should, after all, had (sic) won his team a penalty when brought down by Stephane Henchoz in the first period of extra time. A speedy striker with a vast array of skills, Johnson has an exceedingly bright future in the game." Meanwhile good luck to both Clinton and Andy at their newly chosen Clubs!

Who Cares?
28-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Reports in Birmingham Express & Star suggest deal is still in the balance. AJ still not agreed terms. Further speculation on there rivals.net site talks about Clinton now going to Sunderland for nearly 5m cash as they are selling Phillips to Villa for 11.8m. Also refers to Bruce having spent most of the game at Partick on his mobile.
Would be nice if, after all the speculation this week, Palace were to give some sort of update. Although the Official site is unreliable it does seem odd that no mention of AJ agreeing terms has been made.

Martin H
28-07-2002, 04:19 PM
EXTRACT : Would be nice if, after all the speculation this week, Palace were to give some sort of update END EXTRACT

Not going to happen is it. If you were trying to optimise the money you get in these circumstancess you would be happy with the uncertainty, rumour and multiple interests. Clarifying the situation is the last thing you would do. I hope someone else does come in and outbid Birmingham for our sake as well as the chance to disappoint Bruce. 5m cash is a better way forward - if it is on offer. There are a lot of good players around without a home and cash in hand will be a good thing.

Whether anyone will pay - who knows

28-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Tony

I don't know what makes you say that (any hard evidence or just a hunch?), but you could well be right. Trev seems to have a bit of previous for buying donkeys and then dropping them like a hot spud when it dawns on him they're crap. The only thing is, unlike at Birmingham, he's not going to have the luxury of just going out and getting another one which may actually turn out to be a blessing.

Do you mean like Coppell's signings of Gareth Taylor from Bristol Rovers? Dyer from Watford? or Ismael from Strasbourg?(and there were many, many more: Remember Trevor Aylott, Steve's first Palace signing?) Or perhaps Venable's signing of Amsalam from Beitar, Jerusalem? Del Rio from Boca Juniors? Padovano from Juventus? Rizzo from Sydney Olympic? Or maybe Alan Smith's classic re-signing of an over-the-hill Hopkin on mega-wages? I merely mention these other managerial transfer howlers, to illustrate that Trevor Francis is not alone in dropping clangers!

hughff
29-07-2002, 02:51 AM
Good luck Andy J. You've got some prolific boots to fill so rise to the challenge, mate. I hope you'll do well for us.

Cleon
29-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Assuming that this is all going ahead, and that Johnson is indeed shortly going to be a Palace player, then I wish him all the best.

Maidstoned Eagle
29-07-2002, 02:44 PM
I heard last night from someone who has spent the last week or so in Birmingham, that AJ has been telling every paper and local news reporter that would listen, that he doesn't want to go to Palace, doesn't like TF (Apparently he wouldn't play him?) is very happy at Birmingham and doesn't want to live in London.

Not really the right mind set is it. I hope we welcome him and he does well. Trouble is that a lot of those B Block "experts" will be giving him a hard time if he doesn't get a hattrick in his first two games!

Beanie
29-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Who Cares?
Although the Official site is unreliable it does seem odd that no mention of AJ agreeing terms has been made.

In what way unreliable? I'd agree that it is slow and uninspired, but once the news appears it is right. Could be that it is the press that have jumped the gun and that nothing is settled after all!

Noodlezz
29-07-2002, 06:24 PM
I thought the deal only went through after today after Clint passed a medical. So dOes any one know if the deal is done or not. If AJ's comments about TF are true then why on earth are we bringing him here!

hughff
31-07-2002, 05:24 AM
At least he talks a good game. If Andy J. delivers on this promise from the BBC website, or even on a good percentage of it, I will declare him an unqualified success. Go for it, mate.

Morrison scored 24 goals last season but Johnson is aiming to better that total under manager Trevor Francis who gave him his debut while at St Andrews.

"My intention is to go out and fill Clinton's boots," said 21-year-old Johnson.

"My aim might be to score 25 goals this year and I've definitely got the confidence to do it.

pedro
31-07-2002, 01:34 PM
I have just read a quote from Johnson on the official Brum site where he says that 'the last three weeks have been the worst and most difficult of my life'. He then goes on to say that he was happy at Brum but it was obvious he wasn't in SB's plans and so he has had to move to gain 1st team football. This makes me feek he is not coming here in the best frame of mind but hey let's give him a go and see what happens.

OKnotOK
31-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Johnson makes Palace vow (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/2162504.stm)

Striker Andy Johnson has told Crystal Palace fans he is determined to score the goals to erase the memory of the out-going Clinton Morrison.

Johnson has moved to Selhurst Park as part of a believed 4.25m deal which took Morrison the other way to Birmingham City.

Morrison scored 24 goals last season but Johnson is aiming to better that total under manager Trevor Francis who gave him his debut while at St Andrews.

"My intention is to go out and fill Clinton's boots," said 21-year-old Johnson.

"My aim might be to score 25 goals this year and I've definitely got the confidence to do it.

"I'm no makeweight. Birmingham wanted Clinton but Trevor Francis wanted me."

Johnson could make his debut in the pre-season friendly against Tottenham on Wednesday.
======================
Let's hope he is bloody right about the goals tally!

Good luck AJ.

Sunny Fan
31-07-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him play, he sounds very promising; he's young, quick and is a player who plays football (if you see what I mean - kind of dispels the bizarre notion that some have that TF wants to focus on hoofball).

Welcome to Palace, Andy.

Here's to our mutual success for the next however many years:)

Ouch that Hurt!
31-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Brum fan here reckons hes a waste off money. Runs like Linfrod Christie gets in front of goal and hits it in row Z. Francis always played him at City and the fans hated it. Then Bruce came he didn't feature as much.

Son of Selhurst
31-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Not every player fits in every team. Just because he didn't do too well at Brum, it doesn't mean he won't do well at Palace.

I'll put a fiver on him being our top scorer this season.

Palace Don
31-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Doesnt sound like he wanted to make the move initially, and was pushed somewhat:

See Brum FC Web site:

http://www.bcfc.com/today/view/what_the_papers_say/0,,10412,00.html

OKnotOK
31-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Palace Don
Doesnt sound like he wanted to make the move initially, and was pushed somewhat:

See Brum FC Web site:

http://www.bcfc.com/today/view/what_the_papers_say/0,,10412,00.html

I think this is all a little unfair.

Would you want to move? You have been with a club your entire life (7 years and he is only 21). Your club has just been promoted to the premiership for the first time ever and the top flight for the first time in two decades. And it then becomes obvious that you are being used in part of a deal.

I wouldn't be bloody happy either.

But he is a Palace player now and will do his best for us and for TF who he clearly rates.

Let's all do our best to support him.

wedgetail
31-07-2002, 03:46 PM
He may not have wanted to come here but it seems he wants to prove Bruce wrong by scoring loads of goals. Surely as good a motivation as any.

hairy beasts
31-07-2002, 04:57 PM
reading the message boards its easy to see how many people are pi55ed off about CM leaving and any blame SJ, the fact is SJ took the club out of dire financial straits and has made millions available for transfers and is attempting to market the club more widely. I believe that we have a real chance of promotion this time so lets support our team louder and longer than ever before.:p

Gazza the Guru
31-07-2002, 05:50 PM
There does appear to be quite a fair share of doubting Thomas's posting on this thread. I hope it is not indicative of the overall view of the collective Palace support.

We have not even started the bloody season yet and the Eyeore's have come out to play already. "Oh dear, oh my, doom and gloom, gloom and doom".

The only way a team is going to be successful is if it works as a team. The spirit of the whole setup is far more valuable to promoting success than any 4.2 M here and 600 K there. Although the cash helps, of course.

I am sure those doubters only post pesemism because they can boost their ego's later by saying "I told you so, didn't I say that would happen".

The fans are part of that team. So we must play our part and perform as well. I think some healthy productive critisism can be constructive, but I suppose the fans only have one way to express their views publicly if thngs do not go right and that is to boo.

The only person I have ever booed at a match is a ref. Booing at players might make you feel better, but it just does not make a player perform better. So in conclusion, we must get behind the team from the start. I would just like to add that I am not saying that I believe the doubting Thomas's and Eyeore's won't do that. I am sure they will.

Celestial Empire
31-07-2002, 07:13 PM
No mate, the Eeyore's are the ones who can't handle bad news and want to pretend everything in the garden is lovely, it certainly isn't.
SJ comes out of this having revealed another unattractive trait - he's a devious git, (we already knew he's an appalling judge of players & managers).

As for AJ, I'm not impressed by those goal statistics - he's young !! Remind me of how many goals Wright, Armstrong, Clint (or Stephen Kabba) scored at 21 ?
I think he's a worthwhile punt because he obviously has potential.
I don't expect him to do a Clint, because Clint is a gem.
Thank God we didn't get one of Brum's 30+ clogger has beens.
If AJ has anything about him, he'll soon realise that Palace are actually a decent club with a (smallish) touch of class, and that London is the world, but Brum is a provincial balti house !

:cool:

31-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ouch that Hurt!
Brum fan here reckons hes a waste off money. Runs like Linfrod Christie gets in front of goal and hits it in row Z. Francis always played him at City and the fans hated it. Then Bruce came he didn't feature as much.

Who is this guy Linfrod Christie? I assume your Birmingham friend means the former World, Olympic, European and Commonwealth Champion 100 metre sprinter and British Olympic Team Captain? Believe me mate if any footballer had Christie's pace he would be worth his weight in Kruger rands! Of course, no footballer possesses such speed, but Andy Johnson IS quick and skilful (he is not intended as a direct striker replacement for Morrison as so many on BBS are mistakenly suggesting). As Andrew Fifield commented in Palace's Official Programme of 6th March, 2001: "His performance (in the League Cup Final v Liverpool - my emphasis) after coming on as a sub (for Birmingham City) was nothing short of inspirational and he should, after all have won his team a penalty when brought down by Stephane Henchoz in the first period of extra time. A speedy striker with a vast array of skills, Johnson has an exceedingly bright future in the game."
You appear to be so anxious for his young player to fail. What a strange stance for a Crystal Palace supporter to be taking?

Streatham man
31-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Freddy,

I don't often agree with you so I want to make certain to chime in here. Like you, I believe AJ may be a very good signing, and he has loads of potential.

It's encouraging to see that you occassionally get it right!

The Omen
31-07-2002, 10:23 PM
I've seen AJ play a few times and I've only ever been impressed. His finishing needs to be improved (don't forget he is only 21!), but his determination and pace looked to be his strong points.

I reckon he will work great with Freedman. We have three very different strikers now - Freedman - skillfull, AJ - pacey, Aki - Strong. We look good upfront, we just need to improve every other department.

Welcome AJ - I know you will be a good signing for us.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-08-2002, 12:06 AM
As i get older i undoubtedly become more senile.

It was not until I actually saw Andy Johnson arrive at Palace that I finally realised who he was. For some strange reason, I had invented a parrellel universe where Andy Johnson was a black striker who was on fire for Ipswich, and whose goals secured their promotion a few seasons back.

He found it difficult in the Premiership, and in my imagination was shipped to Birmingham to join Trevor Francis' home for the protection of strikers who can't quite hack the premiership - a non profit organisation which he has managed to run regardless of which club he is at. Clearly this was never the case.

Who knows how he'll do - important thing is, give him a chance.

:afro:

Elusive
09-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Reading the SLP today AJ is quoted as saying that he used to play regularly on the right wing for Brum. He and TF agree his best place is as a centre forward. If he was being used on the wing that may be one reason his scoring ratio is so low?

917L
09-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
As i get older i undoubtedly become more senile.

It was not until I actually saw Andy Johnson arrive at Palace that I finally realised who he was. For some strange reason, I had invented a parrellel universe where Andy Johnson was a black striker who was on fire for Ipswich, and whose goals secured their promotion a few seasons back.

In fact(david Johnson) scored against us for Ipswich in a 0-1 defeat 3 seasons ago was then sold to Forest for 3 Mil(debut against us, 3-0 Palace away win!!) then rediscovered his form at the end of last season at Burnley on loan, not sure whether he signed permanently or not.:)

PJJY
23-11-2005, 06:07 PM
andy johnson Palace Legend

AlgotTheEagle
23-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Andy Johnson who :rolleyes:

And who is this Clinton Morrison kid that everybody talk about :hmph:

Great thread btw, Luton watch up !

kolinkins
23-11-2005, 06:35 PM

Nuff Said

Tee heee

kolinkins
23-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
welcome AJ. hope u do the business for us. i also hope that most fans do not view youas a replacement for clint as that would not be fair. ur a player in ur own right, and hope it goes our way!

Tee heee to me too. Cant believe I used to post like that!

c_block_lad
23-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Tee heee

I see Jihad is at it again.

krackers
23-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by James

indeed we did james, indeed we did!!!!!!!

kolinkins
23-11-2005, 06:53 PM
I see Jihad is at it again.

Thats a nice post as well. Why Jihad?

cpfc_tommy12
23-11-2005, 06:56 PM
wow all u lot dissed aj
bet u regret that
u lot sayin o hes only scored 2 goals in 60 goals he sowed u and it proves u shudnt speak too soon a bit like u lot slagging off wayne andrews

follow cpfc
23-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_tommy12
wow all u lot dissed aj
bet u regret that
u lot sayin o hes only scored 2 goals in 60 goals he sowed u and it proves u shudnt speak too soon a bit like u lot slagging off wayne andrews

He speaks the truth. You all thought that Brum got the better player but now look:D :p

JayT
24-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by follow cpfc
He speaks the truth. You all thought that Brum got the better player but now look:D :p

Yeah - we have them both :o :p

little dedders
25-11-2005, 12:32 PM
come on to be fair, aj did nothing for us for a couple of seasons and clinton was one of our best players for years. no one could ever have predicted that aj would become so good. on the other hand wayne andrews is 28 and has little improvement in him- hence why he was playing for colchester at the age of 27!

Mong!
25-11-2005, 12:38 PM

Nuff Said

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mong!
25-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by little dedders
come on to be fair, aj did nothing for us for a couple of seasons and clinton was one of our best players for years. no one could ever have predicted that aj would become so good. on the other hand wayne andrews is 28 and has little improvement in him- hence why he was playing for colchester at the age of 27!

AJ still scored 11 goals in his first season and then the season after he scores over 30!

Nelson Muntz
25-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd like to welcome AJ to Palace and hope he can score loads of goals for us. I suppose a hat trick against the seaweed and England caps are too much to ask.

Steve C
25-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd like to welcome AJ to Palace and hope he can score loads of goals for us. I suppose a hat trick against the seaweed and England caps are too much to ask. #

AJ says "he will see what he can do" to make Nelsons dreams come true.

little dedders
25-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Mong!
AJ still scored 11 goals in his first season and then the season after he scores over 30!

yeah, but he hardly had a good first season and did nothing to suggest he could even justify dreaming of england caps etc. the season after was when he turned it on

Cleon
25-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by little dedders
yeah, but he hardly had a good first season and did nothing to suggest he could even justify dreaming of england caps etc. the season after was when he turned it on

To be fair, he showed he had ability in the first season once he had gained in confidence and been taught how to shoot. Those 11 goals came in a purple patch during which he scored two hat-tricks within a few days (Brighton & Walsall). He was also injured in the second game of the season, and late on, meaning that he missed quite a few games.

Still, despite my lack of confidence, he all proved many of us wrong in his second season...

Granada allover
25-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Still, despite my lack of confidence, AJ all proved many of us wrong in his second season...

Are you reading
Are you reading
Are you reading, Wayne Andrews?

Crunchie
27-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
To be fair, he showed he had ability in the first season once he had gained in confidence and been taught how to shoot.

I remember thinking when we got him, if he improved his first touch he could become a great player. He seemed to do most thing right. He could always shoot, but his first touch when he first joined sometimes made it difficult for him to finish.

Now he is just class, and hope he regains full fitness soon.