PDA

View Full Version : Clinton's Press Conference Tomorrow


SIKO
30-07-2002, 03:09 AM
There will be a press conference tomorrow with regards to Clintons move to BCFC. He will be mentioning how much he will miss the Palace fans, and beleive me people it is genuine.
This move was in no way orchestrated by either Clinton or his agent, he was more than happy to play for Palace next season and push for promotion

CPFC Beckenham
30-07-2002, 03:14 AM
I wish Clinton all the best, even though it is BCFC hes going to. He could have done so much better! :confused:

sydney eagle
30-07-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by SIKO
There will be a press conference tomorrow with regards to Clintons move to BCFC. He will be mentioning how much he will miss the Palace fans, and beleive me people it is genuine.
This move was in no way orchestrated by either Clinton or his agent, he was more than happy to play for Palace next season and push for promotion As usual,I believe you SIKO. I am happy for Clinton and wish him all the best in the Premiership:)

OOCO
30-07-2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by SIKO

This move was in no way orchestrated by either Clinton or his agent, he was more than happy to play for Palace next season and push for promotion

Palace chairman Simon Jordan said: "It was never our desire to see Clinton Morrison leave the club, but the player wanted to move on so we had to respect his wishes and we now wish him all the best at his new club."

www.cpfc.co.uk

:rolleyes:

Someone is telling porkies.

Eagle
30-07-2002, 03:37 AM
As i've said before i wish you all the very best but still feel it's a bad career move considering how fragile Birmingham's position in the Premiership will be.
Clint will always be a good friend to many and i always got on well with him and like others will miss him, i am just praying that he will be there on Wednesday so that i and many others can say goodbye to him in a way that he deserves.
I just hope that Clint returns to us one day and that once again he will wear that red and blue shirt of Crystal Palace Football Club, which we all know he loves and wont ever forget.

pedro
30-07-2002, 01:47 PM
At least I can get back to watching England now. I always felt a duty to watch Rep of Ire during the run up to the World Cup just to see how Clint did, now I don't think I will be bothered.
By the way, people keep saying that Clinton is making a mistake in joining Brum and he will be back in Div 1 next season. Whilst I have no doubt Brum will be relegeted next year (with probably the lowest ever total of points) I would be gobsmacked if Morrison has not got an escape clause in his contract for when/if this happens. Hopefully, if he proves himself next season, there will be plenty of vultures around Brum looking at him and probably Savage/Purse (and Bruce!). Brum will only be too keen to sell becuse they will not want to pay premiership wages whilst back in Div 1, where more than likely they will remain again for another million years

Ruskin Old Boy
30-07-2002, 02:11 PM
All the best Clinton, we'll miss you:(

OKnotOK
30-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Well I think it is Jordan telling porkies I have to say. I think he realised he was gonna be short of money with the new Sky deal and had to beg Birmingham to get the Morrison deal back on.

I think he has only come out and said it is Clinton's choice because he knows the disgust much of the Selhurst faithful would feel towards him otherwise.

Personally if our finances are in as bad a state as James (and a few others) speculate, then Morrison going has to be right for Palace. A few more cheap signings and we could be as strong or stronger for next season anyway.

David of Kent
30-07-2002, 03:01 PM
All the best Clinton (for you personally NOT your team!!!).

Don't want to watch the press conference though with Brucey standing next to him all smiles and Clinton holding up a Birmingham shirt. Too much pain :sob:

Top Eagle
30-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Apparently he has passed the medical this morning, will sign the contract and will be unveiled at a press conference at 2pm today.

OKnotOK
30-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Top Eagle
Apparently he has passed the medical this morning, will sign the contract and will be unveiled at a press conference at 2pm today.

You just beat me to it TopEagle:

http://www.ananova.com/sport/soccer/story/sm_639896.html?menu=sport.football

Morrison to complete Birmingham move

Birmingham will unveil Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison as their record signing at a 2pm press conference.

Morrison will make the switch providing the results of the medical he went through on Monday prove to be positive.

The striker joins in a 4.25 million deal which sees Andrew Johnson move in the opposite direction in part exchange.

Story filed: 09:46 Tuesday 30th July 2002

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 04:08 PM
He's on Sky Sports now training with Birmingham.

Thank god that its all over.

fieldy
30-07-2002, 04:08 PM
When's the Palace press conference to unvail AJ ???:rolleyes:

Jimbo ?
30-07-2002, 04:30 PM
clint or no clint - i will always want brum to go down!!!

Sunny Fan
30-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by OKnotOK

The striker joins in a 4.25 million deal which sees Andrew Johnson move in the opposite direction in part exchange.

Anyone know what AJ's nominal valuation in this 'deal' is?

Northern Carl
30-07-2002, 04:36 PM
750,000

a snip !!

Sunny Fan
30-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Northern Carl
750,000

a snip !! Thanks, couldn't be bothered to trawl through the huge thread.
As with most, I wish Clinton well, but not Birmingham.

Palace Don
30-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by fieldy
When's the Palace press conference to unvail AJ ???:rolleyes:

Knwoing Palace they cant afford one! :rolleyes:

Another thing I was thinking yesterday, was isnt it funny that we have signed Derry a day before Morrison goes officially? A certain level of appeasement I reckon?

What?
30-07-2002, 05:03 PM
AJ For England! Clint Sucks!

OKnotOK
30-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Palace Don


Knwoing Palace they cant afford one! :rolleyes:

Another thing I was thinking yesterday, was isnt it funny that we have signed Derry a day before Morrison goes officially? A certain level of appeasement I reckon?

Talks are actually still ongoing with Derry but yeah I get the feeling it was partly timed to placate a few disgruntled fans.

I have tried getting onto both the Birmingham City site and the Palace official site to see if they have announcements imminent but neither seem to be working.

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 05:12 PM
birmingham press conference will be live on sky sports news at 2 o,clock

It wasn't me!
30-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by What?
AJ For England! Clint Sucks!

People like you really get on my nerves!

brighton_eagle
30-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!


People like you really get on my nerves!

Now I'm not sure, but I suspect there was more than a hint of irony in that posting. :D

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 05:24 PM
they just interviewed a reporter for the birmingham evening post saying that when he talked to bruce about morrison he said that the first time he saw him in training he went straight to jordan and told him he had a player who could be worth 10 million :veryangry
bruce must be laughing now.

What?
30-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Bluewater eagle
they just interviewed a reporter for the birmingham evening post saying that when he talked to bruce about morrison he said that the first time he saw him in training he went straight to jordan and told him he had a player who could be worth 10 million :veryangry
bruce must be laughing now.

Damn. I felt sick before, now that annoys me even more!

What?
30-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle


Now I'm not sure, but I suspect there was more than a hint of irony in that posting. :D

Or maybe i'm just really fickle!

brighton_eagle
30-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by What?


Or maybe i'm just really fickle!

Well, I know that already!!

Actually, though, the underlying thrust of your point was valid. Clinton is no longer a Palace player, and AJ is.

rambo
30-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Anyone with Sky Sports News got any news about what he said? [Not that we dont already know it]

Cleon
30-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Birmingham have completed the signing of Clinton Morrison for a club record fee of 4.25million.

The Crystal Palace striker has been Steve Bruce's number one target all summer, but the deal looked threatened when Blues forward and makeweight Andy Johnson stalled on a move in the opposite direction.

Bruce briefly turned his attention to Poland's Nigerian-born striker Emmanuel Olisadebe before Johnson agreed terms with former boss Trevor Francis at Selhurst Park.

Morrison, who went to this summer's World Cup finals with Republic of Ireland, impressed Bruce when the former Manchester United skipper was in charge at Palace, and his record of 71 goals in 178 games convinced chairman David Gold to cough up the cash.

"Steve was keen on signing him because he is convinced he will mature and do it at Premiership level," Gold said.

"Clinton has power, strength and pace. He is a superb athlete. He is a proven striker who scored 20 goals a season for Crystal Palace."

Morrison is Bruce's fourth signing of the summer, folllowing the arrivals at St Andrew's of international team-mate Kenny Cunningham, Robbie Savage and Senegal captain Aliou Cisse.

Mong!
30-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Its suddenly hit me after reading that.

Bobby Woodruff
30-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I feel sick.

Joe Knight
30-07-2002, 06:33 PM
i don't think it will sink in for me until i see Morrison in a Birmingham shirt.

Morrison in a Birmingham shirt!!! :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

Anerley Eagle
30-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Bye Bye Clinton :sob: :sob: :sob:

Who Cares?
30-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Who is Palace's agent then? Karren Brady referred to having to deal with him as well as the club, both players & their agents.
Thought SJ did not like agents.
Could it be TF's son?

Daddy Long
30-07-2002, 06:36 PM
I agree. I went to the Birmingham site and read about the signing there. If possible, I feel even more gutted now that its actually finalised.

There's only one cure for it. Go and sing my heart out tomorrow night and get a few beers in.

davematt
30-07-2002, 06:43 PM
clinton didnt have time to thank us for our support over the years, i am gutted.

this is comical. as said earlier, bruce thought he had a 10m player in aug, now he gets him for 4m, great deal palace

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 06:44 PM
brady said the transfer took so long becauase of all the agents involved
including palace's agent :eek:
bruce said the transfer was always going ahead as clinton wanted to go to birmingham.
morrison said he was very happy to play under steve bruce again as he gets the best out of him, also said he had a good chairman ;)
brady also said the price was the same as they offered at the end of last season.
Morrison looked crap in the birmingham shirt

Symon10
30-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Just finished throwing up in my sick bowl whilst watching the birmingham press conference. There was no mention of what the fee was except it being large. So how much money are we actualy getting? Does anyone know?

Sky are saying "4.25m morrison". As does the Birmingham website. However also on the birmingham website it says Johnson "rated at 750k in the deal". So does that mean we are getting 3.5m + AJ?

Or is it 4.25m + AJ as birmingham are trying to portray.

Also - for anyone else that was watching. Clinton's face when they mentioned about his first goal in the prem against sheff wed. I would like to know how a psychologist would analyse his facial expressions. Personally i would suggest some regret, to the exstent perhaps he would rather be at palace - perhaps that's just my bias wanting him to be here.

O well... song for AJ anyone? I've got a tune in my head chanting "AJ" repeatidly but can't remember wot the chant is or where i've heard it.

davematt
30-07-2002, 06:45 PM
i used to like sj, but he has gone down in my estimation for this deal. even if we are financially f*****, we could of held out for 5m. i feel let down, and when bruce said they are looking at 2 more players, i bet one is mullins or grey!

daz_eagle
30-07-2002, 06:47 PM
I think Clint would have liked to thank the Palace, but he's a little too inarticulate to properly communicate his feelings... I'm gutted, but you can't hold it against Clinton too much. I hope Birmingham go down!!! Clint has gone, long live THE PALACE!!!!!!!

Fat Andy
30-07-2002, 06:48 PM
I couldn't stop laughing at Clintons yellow jacket.

Daddy Long
30-07-2002, 06:51 PM
SICK!!

Check out Clinton in the Brumscum top here (http://www.bcfc.com/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10412~246925,00.html)

Rob5053
30-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks 4 not mentioning palace fans at all Clinton most appreciated!!!

it seems he did wanna leave and sj was telling the truth..

hope he scores f%$k all at brum- hes to cocky for his own good with the 10 mins in prem before and i scored mate!

I was top scorer 4 years in a row at palace and u know i need a change -

well u werent that great clinton

JonnyF
30-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by davematt
i used to like sj, but he has gone down in my estimation for this deal. even if we are financially f*****, we could of held out for 5m. i feel let down, and when bruce said they are looking at 2 more players, i bet one is mullins or grey!

Please stop moaning you stupid little boy.
There is no way we could of got more for Morrison at this given time!
Have you been asleep fpr the past four months!

I must be getting old or something, cos Clintons departure dosn't bother me at all. Don't get me wrong, i would of preferred that he was still with us! I see this as an opportunity to get 1 or 2 players in!

Cleon
30-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Rob5053
Thanks 4 not mentioning palace fans at all Clinton most appreciated!!!

it seems he did wanna leave and sj was telling the truth..

hope he scores f%$k all at brum- hes to cocky for his own good with the 10 mins in prem before and i scored mate!

I was top scorer 4 years in a row at palace and u know i need a change -

well u werent that great clinton

Whatever. :rolleyes:

davematt
30-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rob5053
Thanks 4 not mentioning palace fans at all Clinton most appreciated!!!

it seems he did wanna leave and sj was telling the truth..

hope he scores f%$k all at brum- hes to cocky for his own good with the 10 mins in prem before and i scored mate!

I was top scorer 4 years in a row at palace and u know i need a change -

well u werent that great clinton

totally agree that he should of said thanks and all that, but i still wish him all the best. i hate wonky nose even more, and that old slapper brady.

thay nick our manager, then they take our only asset for peanuts and give us a reject in exchange.

Cyneagle
30-07-2002, 07:03 PM
The club is far bigger than any Clinton Morrison's of this world and always will be. :love:

30-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Palace Don


Knwoing Palace they cant afford one! :rolleyes:

Another thing I was thinking yesterday, was isnt it funny that we have signed Derry a day before Morrison goes officially? A certain level of appeasement I reckon?

Why bother to have a press conference when we are holding an Open Day on Sunday? If you think so much about Crystal Palace Football Club, why bother turning up? Reality check: Palace are in the Nationwide First Division, Birmingham (for the moment!) are in the Premiership. Good job you weren't around when Palace were regularly applying for re-election to the Football League - we wouldn't be around now, if we had had to rely on fair weather "supporters" like you!
Were you screaming "appeasement" at Jordan when he took us out of Administration with his own money? True Palace fans then joined the Trust when our Club was on the brink of extinction, some lent their savings to try to save it. That's what real loyalty means. Cynics like you do nothing but sow disillusionment and pessimism. Get a life!

davematt
30-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by JonnyF


Please stop moaning you stupid little boy.
There is no way we could of got more for Morrison at this given time!
Have you been asleep fpr the past four months!

I must be getting old or something, cos Clintons departure dosn't bother me at all. Don't get me wrong, i would of preferred that he was still with us! I see this as an opportunity to get 1 or 2 players in!

this money is covering hopkins wages and the akinbiyi transfer, so who are we going to sign! i hope aj is a success, but his record shows again that he may not be the player that can replace clinton. i know what your thinking, he is just a little kid who is pissed of because his best player has just left, but ur very much mistakened

It wasn't me!
30-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Well no matter what you lot say, I hope Clinton goes on to be very successful!

Give him a chance to say thanks, from what i can see the boy has hardly had the chance! He came back from the world cup and has been thrown from pillar to post since!

IMO Clinton has done what he thought was best for his career, i'm sure he appreciates all the support but when it comes down to it it's his life. He can't worry about the fans every step of the way. I'm sure if he's welcomed he'd be more than happy to come back to Palace to say goodbye! But by reading some of the stuff on here I doubt he'll feel safe to.

Don't be too hard on him, he's been loyal to palace.

g23
30-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by davematt
ur very much mistakened

Hahahaha! That told him!

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 07:13 PM
to be fair to clinton they didn,t give him a lot of time to thank the supporters it was just a couple of questions then it was over, one of the quickest press conferences i've seen

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by davematt
i used to like sj, but he has gone down in my estimation for this deal. even if we are financially f*****, we could of held out for 5m. i feel let down, and when bruce said they are looking at 2 more players, i bet one is mullins or grey!

As myself and a few others have said.

If he was worth more in todays market, then someone else would have bid more for him. The likes of Charlton for example.

Birmingham werent going to pay more, selling was necessary. Go figure.

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by davematt


this money is covering hopkins wages and the akinbiyi transfer, so who are we going to sign! i hope aj is a success, but his record shows again that he may not be the player that can replace clinton. i know what your thinking, he is just a little kid who is pissed of because his best player has just left, but ur very much mistakened

Maybe we will sign Shaun Derry, Danny Butterfield, Dele Adebola, Martin Grainger and Michael Johnson?

davematt
30-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa


Maybe we will sign Shaun Derry, Danny Butterfield, Dele Adebola, Martin Grainger and Michael Johnson?

when i said which players would we buy i had a funny felling that most of them would be from birmingham, but the point is, people are saying we are in a little financial trouble, so why will we be going out and signing more players. our wage bill is big enough as it is

wedgetail
30-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!

Don't be too hard on him, he's been loyal to palace.

I believe that this is the majority opinion.

Jordan would not have Clinton go if there were no money problems.

Cleon
30-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Maybe we will sign ... Martin Grainger ... ?

And maybe I will walk on the moon.

gator
30-07-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by freddykurz


Why bother to have a press conference when we are holding an Open Day on Sunday? If you think so much about Crystal Palace Football Club, why bother turning up? Reality check: Palace are in the Nationwide First Division, Birmingham (for the moment!) are in the Premiership. Good job you weren't around when Palace were regularly applying for re-election to the Football League - we wouldn't be around now, if we had had to rely on fair weather "supporters" like you!
Were you screaming "appeasement" at Jordan when he took us out of Administration with his own money? True Palace fans then joined the Trust when our Club was on the brink of extinction, some lent their savings to try to save it. That's what real loyalty means. Cynics like you do nothing but sow disillusionment and pessimism. Get a life!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Could not have said it better myself.

El Aguila
30-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail


I believe that this is the majority opinion.

Jordan would not have Clinton go if there were no money problems.
Indeed. So, good luck, Clinton, thanks for everything. And now..... "the moving finger writes, and, having writ, moves on". Bring on the new season!!!! Upward and onward, wish I could be there for the first home game.

Sunny Fan
30-07-2002, 07:25 PM
Well I wish him all the best and would give him a good welcome back next time he's at Selhurst

davematt
30-07-2002, 07:26 PM
i dont want anymore birmingham players who played under francis, ok they got birmingham in to the play-offs, but when the pressue was on they botled it, so i hope we dont go anywhere near them!! bruce virtually built a new team, so please, no more brum players, ones enough, let alone a whole team full of them!

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Cleon


And maybe I will walk on the moon.

Im only going by the rumour on the Adebola thread.

As for Davematts issue about wages, I understand we have lost:

Hopkin - 20,000/w
Kirovski -15,000/w
Rodger - 7,000/w
Morrison - 7,000/w
Several younger players

Hence a reduction of our wages of some 49,000/w or 2.5m/y

I would imagine Butterfield, Derry and Andrew Johnson are on reasonably low wages (Johnson must be around 4,000/w - Id expect the others to be similar) hence we wont be worse off financially.

gator
30-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail


I believe that this is the majority opinion.

Jordan would not have Clinton go if there were no money problems.
Of course there are money problems. But, compared to most clubs in div. 1, we don't seem to be in that bad of shape. As much as I hate to see CM go, I believe Palace will be much stronger side this season than last, with much more depth, that will help us during the course of a long season.

It wasn't me!
30-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa


Im only going by the rumour on the Adebola thread.

As for Davematts issue about wages, I understand we have lost:

Hopkin - 20,000/w
Kirovski -15,000/w
Rodger - 7,000/w
Morrison - 7,000/w
Several younger players

Hence a reduction of our wages of some 49,000/w or 2.5m/y

I would imagine Butterfield, Derry and Andrew Johnson are on reasonably low wages (Johnson must be around 4,000/w - Id expect the others to be similar) hence we wont be worse off financially.

Morrison - 7,000 - Ha ha ha try again!

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by davematt
i dont want anymore birmingham players who played under francis, ok they got birmingham in to the play-offs, but when the pressue was on they botled it, so i hope we dont go anywhere near them!! bruce virtually built a new team, so please, no more brum players, ones enough, let alone a whole team full of them! (My emphasis)

As opposed to our players who didnt get the chance to bottle the playoffs due to not being good enough to get there for the last god knows how many seasons.

OKnotOK
30-07-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by davematt
i dont want anymore birmingham players who played under francis, ok they got birmingham in to the play-offs, but when the pressue was on they botled it, so i hope we dont go anywhere near them!! bruce virtually built a new team, so please, no more brum players, ones enough, let alone a whole team full of them!

Please see the Dele Adebola (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25049&pagenumber=4) thread. But it is quite clear that Bruce did not "build a whole new team." It's a complete fallacy to even suggest it.

5 of the players that played any part in the Play-off final were signed by Bruce. 5-6 were signed by Francis and two of them were brought up from the youth system by Francis. So effectively 7 players that took part were Francis' additions to the team.

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!


Morrison - 7,000 - Ha ha ha try again!

Higher or Lower?

That figure was what I guessed as a minimum figure because he wouldnt have been on less than Rodger.

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 07:34 PM
our players were good enough, our problem has been the managers,Alan smith, bruce saga then francis trying to change the team around.
you can't blame the players for that

John C
30-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Cyneagle
The club is far bigger than any Clinton Morrison's of this world and always will be. :love:

Well........I guess so, even if that is marginal at the moment. The club is more important would probably be more suitable with the current climate at the moment.

JABBA
30-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Just saw clinons interview here in malta.

Hit me hard

too busy saying f**k to here what he said

I really am so gutted.

Im coming back this evening so ill see you tommorow night where we will win with style, and help soften the blow of losing someone who is to me a true hero at palace.

i wish him the best
hope he scores **** loads
but also hope they concede f**k loads more

Thanks

Fountainhead
30-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Thought he come across well. Confident in his own ability as opposed to cocky and arrogant. If I take off my CPFC tinted glasses I think this is a good move for him. A chance to play premiership football at a club where he will be first choice striker, therefore increasing his chances of being picked for Ireland and furthering his international career. Have to agree with what he said, top scorer at Palace for the past few seasons, second top scorer in the division last season, he's proved himself at first division level and needs a new challenge to improve as a player.

Having said that, gutted to see him go. Thanks for the goals and the memories Clinton. All the best for the future.

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 07:38 PM
The players may have been just good enough to scrape a playoff position with NO INJURIES.

However, there are always going to be injuries and suspensions, and the depth of our squad was really shown up last season.

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 07:46 PM
agree the squad was not very strong and we did have some long term injuries just like we have now, but who's to blame for some of the injuries, the physio, the coaches or the manager. if you saw the last game at west brom adi was clearly suffering with a knee injury early in the game yet he stayed on and still played in the second half and now he's out til november, who's faults that, francis should have took him off.

Del Gland
30-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
The players may have been just good enough to scrape a playoff position with NO INJURIES.

However, there are always going to be injuries and suspensions, and the depth of our squad was really shown up last season.

Totally in agreement. I still look at the act of thuggery that was commited by Coventry and wonder what could have been. I still think that football as a whole is on a slippery slope and that may have been our last chance for some time to get up there with the big boys. A major change is coming and let's hope we can bring the youth players through. We have always had a good bunch of young footballers and a good set up. This is now crucial. It would be wonderful to see loads of local talent giving their all for us, even more so if they are successful.

I still can't believe that clubs like Bolton and Birmingham are spending money like water the moment. They are going to get themselves into so much financial trouble. Still, I know someone not too bothered about that!

Jaffa
30-07-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Bluewater eagle
agree the squad was not very strong and we did have some long term injuries just like we have now, but who's to blame for some of the injuries, the physio, the coaches or the manager. if you saw the last game at west brom adi was clearly suffering with a knee injury early in the game yet he stayed on and still played in the second half and now he's out til november, who's faults that, francis should have took him off.

Hahah

Blaming managers for injuries now.

Whatever next.

SIKO
30-07-2002, 08:09 PM
He said some things about the Palace fans on TalkSport

Top Eagle
30-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Now he has gone there is nothing more to say, he has gone for the money and the bright lights, but I personally think the Birmingham switch could have been a little short sighted (but thats Clinton if you remember the should I or should'nt I decision he made with Ireland) still if he does well and Birmingham go down he will probably be picked up by another mid table club, just cant see him ever getting to the top though.

He is no longer a Palace player, he got paid to do his job and he did it, there is no thanks to clinton required, football is a business nowadays and he has moved on, fair play, he is not a Palace legend and should not be thought of in that way.

I hope AJ does well while he is with us and as with Clinton, could not care what he does after that, Palace are moving on and gradually all of the players that were with us through the Administration years are leaving which could bring in a breath of fresh air and a club that can look forward rather than continually look over its shoulder and harp on about that period and how tough things have been.

I cant wait until tomorrow, a real Palace legend has unfortunately been forced out, but he deserves thanks and praise and I am really looking forward to giving him the right send off.

Richard
30-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
So, good luck, Clinton, thanks for everything. And now..... "the moving finger writes, and, having writ, moves on". Bring on the new season!!!! Upward and onward ...

Sums it up for me.

Bluewater eagle
30-07-2002, 08:20 PM
jaffa said

Hahah

Blaming managers for injuries now.

Whatever next.

i'm not saying that if adi had been taken off straight away he wouldn't be out til november, what i,m saying is it doesn't help if a manager leaves a player who is clearly in trouble to be left on the pitch
and as francis was the manager it was down to him to take him off.

OKnotOK
30-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Rob5053
Thanks 4 not mentioning palace fans at all Clinton most appreciated!!!

it seems he did wanna leave and sj was telling the truth..

hope he scores f%$k all at brum- hes to cocky for his own good with the 10 mins in prem before and i scored mate!

I was top scorer 4 years in a row at palace and u know i need a change -

well u werent that great clinton

There are some comments from Morrison on the official siteofficial site (http://www.cpfc.co.uk/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10323~246883,00.html) Have a look there and you will see he has thanked Palace and the fans. But said -- perfectly justified -- that he feels it is the right time to move on.

JJ
30-07-2002, 08:44 PM
I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again - this situation is NOTHING compared to when Ian Wright left. He is a Palace legend, Clinton is not. Clinton played mostly in an average first division side, Wright helped us to the Cup Final and 3rd in the league. When I saw the Evening Standard headline "Graham Swoops" and then saw it referred to Wright, I literally felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach. With Clinton, well sure I'm a bit pissed off, but that's all (and that's more because I think 4.25m or whatever it was isn't enough than any other reason). I support Crystal Palace FC not Clinton Morrison FC. Players come and go, true fans don't. End of story, and end of rant :)

Beanie
30-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by davematt
this is comical. as said earlier, bruce thought he had a 10m player in aug, now he gets him for 4m, great deal palace

Bruce said that Morrision COULD be worth 10m not that he WAS worth 10m. He still needs to develop - he's may still make a right mess in the premiership. With two/three good premiership years under his belt then, yes, he could be worth that money. Right now with falling prices he's not worth anything near. 4.25 or whatever is probably not a bad deal.

Also, note that in Clintons own word he asked the club to look at Birmingham's offer. Once a player is looking elsewhere it's time for him to move on. I wish Clinton well, only time will tell if it's a good move for him or the club. My view is that it good be a season too soon, but who knows.

c_block_lad
30-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Good luck clint

Wedgy
30-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Right now with falling prices he's not worth anything near. 4.25 or whatever is probably not a bad deal.

Agreed, would have been happier with 5m a while ago, but more than happy with 4.25.
Personally don't think it will do much harm to our season (or not as much as a mid-season transfer anyway)

eagle1980
26-06-2009, 09:19 PM
they just interviewed a reporter for the birmingham evening post saying that when he talked to bruce about morrison he said that the first time he saw him in training he went straight to jordan and told him he had a player who could be worth 10 million :veryangry
bruce must be laughing now.
erm actully we had the last laugh:D :p

CPFC_DAVE77
26-06-2009, 09:25 PM
erm actully we had the last laugh:D :p

What made you drag that up?!

joe walker
26-06-2009, 09:31 PM
AJ For England! Clint Sucks!

Quite the foresight

eagle1980
26-06-2009, 09:36 PM
i only been a member since may this year. so i was looking back.cause it was the time i was coming down london.and at the time.a few people will stick up for me. i always said we should get aj in..it was nice to find some qoutes about him...i was reading sum im actully crying with laughter... i just remembered the season he was banging them in for fun was just brill.sorry if im waffleing its just taking me back to my days when all my wages went on friday night in mancester and saturdays following palace...happy days

CPFC_DAVE77
26-06-2009, 09:41 PM
i only been a member since may this year. so i was looking back.cause it was the time i was coming down london.and at the time.a few people will stick up for me. i always said we should get aj in..it was nice to find some qoutes about him...i was reading sum im actully crying with laughter... i just remembered the season he was banging them in for fun was just brill.sorry if im waffleing its just taking me back to my days when all my wages went on friday night in mancester and saturdays following palace...happy days

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eagle1980 again.
:p

eagle1980
26-06-2009, 09:45 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eagle1980 again.
:p
i know cause people are gunna think im a right oddball.which in truth i am:afro: :p :D

Skid Row
26-06-2009, 10:05 PM
And here I was thinking he had now signed for Bristol City.

Super-Ste-Cious
26-06-2009, 10:24 PM
And here I was thinking he had now signed for Bristol City.

I had thought that too.

What?
26-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Quite the foresight

I knew I wrote that somewhere on here once upon a time, looks like im a great judge of talent!