PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Morrison - The Truth

SIKO
31-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Despite what Jordan is saying, Clinton did not ask for a transfer, Jordan told him it would be a good move for him. Most of the dealings had been done whilst he was away, and he only knew about it from the press speculation and the BBS when he got back. When he got back off holiday, he did not get a letter telling him where and when to report for training, and actually tried on numerous occasions to contact the club to find out what was going on.I know this to be true because I was actually present on a number of occasions when he was making calls to the club.
He wants to make it clear that he was quite happy to stay at Palace and push for promotion.

IMHO Jordan needed the money more than he needed Clinton, and now is trying to use the Clintons ambition to succeed as a smoke screen.

Ouch that Hurt!
31-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't suprsie me at all. Especially seeing as how Jordan turned down a £5m offer saying it was too little and then accpeted an£4.24m deal with another player involved. We could have got a lot more for Clinton. Plus we all know he wanted to stay in London.

Snafu
31-07-2002, 03:17 PM
I know who I believe and I dont think he wears a red jacket.:hmph:

This is all spin to make Palace look a generous club not standing in the way of a player who has served this club well for a number of years.

I hope he proves himself to be the quality striker we all know he can become.

Good Luck fella:p

Essexeagle
31-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Morrison is quoted on the Palace website as saying: "when the chairman told me that birmingham city were in for me i asked him to seriously consider the bid."

As far as I can see Jordan has also need explicitly said: "Clinton asked for as transfer".

The closest I could find was him saying 'he wants to go', as the Brum bid was ongoing.

sydney eagle
31-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Snafu
I know who I believe and I dont think he wears a red jacket.:hmph:

This is all spin to make Palace look a generous club not standing in the way of a player who has served this club well for a number of years.

I hope he proves himself to be the quality striker we all know he can become.

Good Luck fella:p My sentiments exactly:)

Good luck Clinton

Richard
31-07-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Essexeagle
Morrison is quoted on the Palace website as saying: "when the chairman told me that birmingham city were in for me i asked him to seriously consider the bid."

As far as I can see Jordan has also need explicitly said: "Clinton asked for as transfer".

The Palace website uses many of the glorious old Pravda methods.

PalaceFan in Alabama
31-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by SIKO
When he got back off holiday, he did not get a letter telling him where and when to report for training, and actually tried on numerous occasions to contact the club to find out what was going on.

Did he really think that they had moved and not told him :eek:

Mind you, if he really wanted to stay, he could have turned them down :hmph:

What is it about us Palace supporters that we feel the need to turn on our team and the management without knowing all the facts !

Grunt
31-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama

What is it about us Palace supporters that we feel the need to turn on our team and the management without knowing all the facts ! I'm with the old bloke on this one. There were plenty of signs that CM has an eye on the Premiership and happy with a move to Brum. OK, so he didn't go into SJ's office and throw a strop. But I think it's clear that he wasn't forced out. To blame it on SJ, even based on the quotes we have from CM, is going too far.

Mat ov CPFC
31-07-2002, 05:09 PM

IMHO Jordan needed the money more than he needed Clinton, and now is trying to use the Clintons ambition to succeed as a smoke screen.

Works for me. SIKO's information has alway been right on the money and I've no reason to doubt him now.

g23
31-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Yes - it's worth remembering that SIKO is better connected than any of us are or ever will be.

The SIKO knows.

Beanie
31-07-2002, 05:13 PM
This is a bit thin - I could have told him when and where to report of training - it was in the same place and at the same time as last season, which I would make Monday morning, 09.30 at the Cystal Palace Training Centre. Copers Cope Road, Beckenham. If he wasn't sure which day they expected him back he could have turned up any way. Probably wouldn't have been in too much trouble if he was early!

I have nothing against Clinton for wanting to play in the Premiership, but if he REALLY claims he didn't know where to go for training it seems, well beyond belief

GreatGonzo
31-07-2002, 05:14 PM
And he must need quite a bit seeing as he was so so desperate to get this deal to go through before the decision about the TV money comes from the courts later this week.

He knew he could get away with using the TV fiasco as an acceptable excuse but after that he would be hung up to dry.

Ruskin Old Boy
31-07-2002, 05:16 PM

I'd go along with that.

The stuff on the Palace web site attributing quotes to people is a bit like press releases - no evidence to back up that a person actually said the words. (Plenty of personal experience on that front;) )

Palace needed money fast and the Brum offer for Clinton was on the only one on the table. If the cash brings in a couple of players and buys out Hippo we're better off than most first division clubs.

All that doesn't mean I'm happy to see him go:(

biggus mickus
31-07-2002, 05:19 PM
I will put the SIKO, well ahead of anything that comes out on the Palace website.

917L
31-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Difficult this one, whilst not doubting Siko's info at all one has to assume
the 'quotes' on the website to be accurate, and talking of smokescreens whats that about reporting for training, of course he knew where and when. As previously mentioned no one forced him to accept the transfer did they?
This is not to be critical of Clinton, I wish him well and he served us well, but certain people only want to see things one way and if Clintons departure can be made to look like he was forced out by SJ then all the better.

SIKO
31-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
This is a bit thin - I could have told him when and where to report of training - it was in the same place and at the same time as last season, which I would make Monday morning, 09.30 at the Cystal Palace Training Centre. Copers Cope Road, Beckenham. If he wasn't sure which day they expected him back he could have turned up any way. Probably wouldn't have been in too much trouble if he was early!

I have nothing against Clinton for wanting to play in the Premiership, but if he REALLY claims he didn't know where to go for training it seems, well beyond belief
The point is Beanie, ALL the players as a matter of course get a letter detailing where and when training will resume. Clinton didnt get any such letter, and had to telephone the club to find out what was going on

SIKO
31-07-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 917L
Difficult this one, whilst not doubting Siko's info at all one has to assume
the 'quotes' on the website to be accurate, and talking of smokescreens whats that about reporting for training, of course he knew where and when. As previously mentioned no one forced him to accept the transfer did they?
This is not to be critical of Clinton, I wish him well and he served us well, but certain people only want to see things one way and if Clintons departure can be made to look like he was forced out by SJ then all the better.
All I am trying to make clear here, is that Clinton did not go into Jordan and say I want to leave. However, at the time he was informed by the club of the offer from Birmingham, it was suggested that he accepted the offer. Up to that point, the only people who knew what was going on was BCFC and CPFC

gator
31-07-2002, 06:06 PM
My sentiments exactly. As far as I can see Clinton did'nt seem to throw up any roadblocks. Still, I don't fault him for wanting to play in the Prem.
Good luck Clinton.

Cleon
31-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Bruce Compares Morrison To Cole
Ananova
Wednesday July 31, 2002 1:07 PM

Steve Bruce has compared Birmingham City's record signing Clinton Morrison to "a young Andy Cole".

The Blues boss also believes Morrison can score the goals which will keep Birmingham in the Premiership.

Morrison joins Robbie Savage, Aliou Cisse and Kenny Cunningham as the new signings at St Andrews.

Bruce said: "This first season is vital to us. It is going to be extremely tough but, with the people we've got in, we've got a chance to try and survive and I am convinced that Clinton can score the goals which will help us stay in the Premiership.

"His record shows he has scored a goal nearly every two games. He got 70 odd in 170 games for Palace in four seasons, two of which saw them struggling, but it is not just his goal-scoring that impresses me.

"He has all-round football ability. He's got good feet, good awareness is quick. He reminds me of a young Andy Cole in the way he finishes, the way he moves, his intelligent runs off the ball etc.

"If he has the career that Andy has had - which I am convinced he can - then he will have done fine."

Morrison said: "It is a challenge and I am ready to take it.

"It will be a dream to come true to play in the Premiership. I've only 10 minutes' experience of it for Palace although I did score in that time with my only touch against Sheffield Wednesday.

"I am just going to try and do the best I can and in the Premiership you might only get one or two chances in a game which means you have to be on your toes and make sure you put them away.

"I am confident I can do a job at this level and I've done well in the cups against the likes of Liverpool, Sunderland, Leicester and Newcastle.

"I also want to repay the faith that Steve Bruce and the rest of the club have shown by signing me."

Celestial Empire
31-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Do we really want to wallow in all this Bruce baloney ?

SJ was locked in talks with Brum long before Clint came back.
An agent / SJ stitch up perhaps ?

El Aguila
31-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Shall we draw a line under this one? Palace needed some dosh and to reduce the wage bill. Clinton wants to prove himself at the highest level (and I'm amongst those who think he probably will, on balance). Would have been great if we'd all gone up together but it wasn't to be. If he really hated the idea of the transfer he has a contract and could have stayed; if Jordan really wanted to keep him, he could have. Palace seem to be investing some of the money in strengthening the squad which is a good thing. The proof of the pudding will be where it always is. Sometimes I think the internet is a curse!

Al From Bromley
31-07-2002, 07:02 PM
I am not sure how good Clinton's maths is, but, even if he didnt know about any of what was going on, a quick calculation of 10% of the transfer fee and the opportunity to play premiership football might have seemed quite attractive. i would have taken it :)

Lazarus
31-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone, my first ever post on here! Yes I agree, let's draw a line under this and get on with our lives. Regrettable though it is, I for one feel relieved that the whole saga is at an end.

OKnotOK
31-07-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Lazarus
Hi everyone, my first ever post on here! Yes I agree, let's draw a line under this and get on with our lives. Regrettable though it is, I for one feel relieved that the whole saga is at an end.

Welcome Lazarus. And a good post to boot ;)

Morrison is gone. Johnson is here to stay. Anyone going to Jolly's tonight? He's in the squad I saw with Adebola and I am gonna try and judge him on his performance tonight!

melteagle
31-07-2002, 08:28 PM
Welcome Lazarus - I wholeheartedly agree - never totally convinced about CM and as somebody else has pointed out he's never really been regarded as a legend etc - many times i recall him just not seeming to bother especially against some great bruiser of a centre half(that includes most of them I suppose)

Lets get on and see what happens - lets face it the squad needed strengthening - the defence for one reason or another last season was generally a liability - now thats been sorted TF's doing likewise with midfield/attack(not b4 time) now at last we've got some spare dosh to splash around - although i could have thought of better ways of spending £2.4m for a certain player

Please lets all reserve judgment,support the players whoever they are and for christs sake get off TF's back - no wonder there's been no atmosphere at SP for yonks(yes i know the football dished up has not been great - but negative vibes from the crowd permeates down to the players bigtime)

Come on you eagles!

Ruskin Old Boy
31-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by melteagle
- never totally convinced about CM

Do you sit in Stephenson? I moved to a new seat last season to escape the dumbo two rows in front who bad mouthed Clinton through every game (even when he scored). Wasn't you was it? :eek:

Brod
31-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Shall we draw a line under this one?

But what will we do for the the next 10 days with till the season starts if we can't slag off Jordan/talk about the changed realities of the market, praise Clinton's committment/point out he's an idle, overrated light weight?

Really! Some people are so selfish.

Lazarus
31-07-2002, 08:53 PM
I'd like to make it clear that I've ALWAYS been totally convinced about Clinton, hence why I used the word "regrettable"! But I still think we're going to have a better season this year than last. TF and SJ have their flaws and make mistakes but I certainly don't suspect them of sinister intentions, and I believe they may be proved to be more often right than wrong in the longer term. Come next May we will be in a position to judge, not now. (PS how do you quote prior posts?).

Top Eagle
31-07-2002, 08:53 PM
I cant see how the deal was not engineered on at least a 50-50 basis. CM did not have to go, he had a contract and SJ was accepting less than originally offered.

I must admit I would say the the club look to be more correct on this one, CM was gagging to get into the Prem and I think the way things got worked out i.e. he agreed terms immediately and AJ didnt just proves that he was more than happy to move.

Siko, not doubting what you have been told/seen yourself but he really did not have to leave.

AJ
31-07-2002, 08:58 PM
What's the point of this thread? Morrison has gone. We all had nothing to do with it, could not prevent it or have any say in the matter.

We need to move on:eek:

g23
31-07-2002, 09:00 PM
(PS how do you quote prior posts?).

There's a quote button at the bottom right of every post. ;)

pedro
05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
The arrivals of Derry, Butterfield, Adebola and Johnson plus the imminent arrival of Powell shows that we already have a far stronger squad than we had last season. If financially we needed to cash in on Morrison to fund transfer fees/wages before we could get these players then his sale was good business. You do not want to see your better players go but if the sale of one of them allows you to strengthen your defence, midfield and forward line then selling him has to be the right decision.

RichieG
05-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by pedro
The arrivals of Derry, Butterfield, Adebola and Johnson plus the imminent arrival of Powell shows that we already have a far stronger squad than we had last season. If financially we needed to cash in on Morrison to fund transfer fees/wages before we could get these players then his sale was good business. You do not want to see your better players go but if the sale of one of them allows you to strengthen your defence, midfield and forward line then selling him has to be the right decision.

Too right pedro, not forgetting the possibly imminent signing of Powell also, and the sale of Morrison begins to look like very good business all round.

PeterH
05-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Looking like SJ said to TF he must sell Clinton if he wants to buy players.

Looking like 4 steady to good players for 1 excellent player at the moment. All young (ish), hopefully fit. Stronger squad with cover in all positions and a bit of cash to ease cashflow and support enhanced contracts for Douggie and hopefully Mullins and Gray.

Andy Johnson for one looks good, 750k looks good business. Will be a real player cam night tonight on all of them.

Plus we seem to be buying Powell from Brentford, shock horror Palace buying a player some fans have wished we would go for.

Cant find an argument on the transfer side at all. :p

Streatham man
05-08-2002, 04:01 PM

True, but I still can't get the waste of 2.4 million for Ade Akinbiyi out of my mind.

brighton_eagle
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Streatham man

True, but I still can't get the waste of 2.4 million for Ade Akinbiyi out of my mind.

Try. :)

Gark Moldberg
05-08-2002, 04:48 PM
SM, you have to look at it in the context of the time. When he was bought the club had the future ITVd monies to play with. Therefore AA was bought at a reasonable price. He probably would have cost less now, like we may have got more money for Morrison had we sold him before the transfer deadline.

pedro
05-08-2002, 04:55 PM
I may be wrong but by my calculations, taking into account the transfer fees and both the new players and Dougies contracts, I would say there is a outlay of about £6m over the next 3/4 years. Whether or not we had bought Ade we still probably would have had to sell Morrison to make this happen.
Whatever he was saying publicly, Morrison wanted to play Premiership football and quite frankly who blames him. He has served his time with us and his desperation to play at a higher level is confirmed by his eagerness to join a team who are certain to be relegated at the end of this season. I am sure he is using Birmingham to show top flight clubs he can play in the Premiership so that when Brum go down he can execute his almost certain clause in his contract that allows him to leave if they get relegated. Having seen what he can do I am sure the likes of Tottenham, West Ham etc will no longer look upon him as a risk and will be more than happy to buy him. Also, if we went up as Brum went down we could pick him up for £2m as they would need to desperately sell due to their financial situation. Fantasy land now I know but wouldn't it be funny!
Let's all laugh at bent nose
Let's all laugh at bent nose
lalalalalalalala

ps - If supporters are prepared to give TF the benefit of the doubt then why no AA, I can't wait for him to come good and have everyone singing his name as opposed to slaughtering him as per the last couple of seasons. The guy wants to play for Palace and is desperate to do well. Have you ever sen a player work so hard and look at his celebration when he scored in front of the Holmesdale. His commitment alone should mean he should initially get our support and everyone should go from there. It's amazing what confidence can do for a player. It could have been worse, we could have signed Diego Forlan!

Gooders
05-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Extract from today's currant bun:

"Clint start is a right carry on"

Birmingham's record buy Clinton Morrison was taunted by his team-mates after getting carried off.

The £4.25million star caused panic in the dugout when he went down in a heap from a tackle just six minutes after coming on as a substitute.

The City physio swiftly signalled for the stretcher and the Republic of Ireland striker was carried straight off for medical treatment.

But Morrison's new team-mates were later staggered to discover his dramatic exit was only due to a dead leg.

Strike pal Tommy Mooney said: "Clinton's been taking a bit of a barracking. He's got to learn you can't act like a southern softie in this team".

Former Crystal Palace star Morrison, 24, said: "They have all been giving me a lot of stick but it was the physio who said I had to go off".

So it begins.

We'll take him back on a free after your relegation, you prize chumps.

buzzby
06-08-2002, 01:54 AM
:cool: mmmmmm, sicko talks the talk, but i don't think he walks the walk?
Clinton had just under 2 years left on his contract, so if he had stayed for this season and we didn't get promoted, he would have gone anyway, and his value would have been cut in half. Also i'm sure that clint has a leech, ops and agent who has just made himself at least 10% of the transfer fee,thats fact! if clint wanted to stay why wasn't his agent working for him? because it wasn't in the agents interest simple as that, and i don't think clint is blessed with the best head for finance,he is like a lot of footballers not a lot of sense in the finance dept, they should use the pfa to represent them, then they wouldn't get ripped off!! as for not knowing where to report for training, thats laughable from a so called 'professional, international player of cause he new, does anyone else on here not know where to go for work each day!!!, sicko you sure your not an agent..leech, they do sweet fa for football, ps i do know a fair bit about footballers earnings, re the job that i'm in,nuff said

Stellavista
06-08-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by buzzby
:cool: mmmmmm, sicko talks the talk, but i don't think he walks the walk?
Clinton had just under 2 years left on his contract, so if he had stayed for this season and we didn't get promoted, he would have gone anyway, and his value would have been cut in half. Also i'm sure that clint has a leech, ops and agent who has just made himself at least 10% of the transfer fee,thats fact! if clint wanted to stay why wasn't his agent working for him? because it wasn't in the agents interest simple as that, and i don't think clint is blessed with the best head for finance,he is like a lot of footballers not a lot of sense in the finance dept, they should use the pfa to represent them, then they wouldn't get ripped off!! as for not knowing where to report for training, thats laughable from a so called 'professional, international player of cause he new, does anyone else on here not know where to go for work each day!!!, sicko you sure your not an agent..leech, they do sweet fa for football, ps i do know a fair bit about footballers earnings, re the job that i'm in,nuff said

Sorry, I came into this one late, but is this an 'English as a Second Language' exercise? :D

Men At Work
06-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Perhaps I've missed it on other threads but a very good reason - and IMO the most obvious one - for Clinton's departure is mentioned in Simon Rodger's interview in the current Palace Echo.

Dave
06-08-2002, 01:16 PM
Morrison Blasts Palace over Treatment

By John Curtis, PA Sport

Birmingham City’s record signing Clinton Morrison has hit out at former club Crystal Palace for freezing him out of pre-season training.

Blues manager Steve Bruce finally concluded a summer long chase to sign Morrison last week in a £4million deal which saw Andy Johnson head in the opposite direction to Selhurst Park.

But the Republic of Ireland striker is behind where he wants to be in terms of fitness, and is now struggling to be fit for the start of the Premiership season

It was a similar scenario to the “gardening leave” that Bruce was put on by Palace while he sorted out his switch from south London to St Andrews mid-way through last season.

Morrison said: “I thought it was well out of order to be honest. The manager and chairman told me they thought it was best if I stayed away from the club while the transfer was being sorted out.

“I found that Palace had suddenly put me on ’gardening leave’ so, instead of training with them and playing in pre-season matches, I was working out in the gymnasium on my own.

“What it meant was that I was losing a little bit of pre-season fitness which I’m now having to build-up again at Birmingham. But my target is to play in the opening Premiership match of the season at Arsenal.”

Morrison was stretchered off in Saturday’s pre-season friendly with Stoke but suffered nothing more serious than a dead leg.

brighton_eagle
06-08-2002, 01:19 PM
OH well....he's gone now.

All the best and that mate, but it's time for us to move on.

Otherwise we'll all just be living in the past, again.

selhurst
06-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Men At Work
a very good reason - and IMO the most obvious one - for Clinton's departure is mentioned in Simon Rodger's interview in the current Palace Echo.

in case you missed it...

'Simon recalls one incident where things boiled over away during the half time interval at Crewe, last April.

"Clinton Morrison was told he was being substituted and reacted badly - physically going for Francis. I was sub that day and was standing next to Francis when it happened. My initial thought was to let them get on with it! Instead I helped to separate them."

In Simon's view, the relationship between Morrison and Francis has deteriorated beyond the point of reconciliation and that Clinton will be moving on as soon as the right offer comes along.'

© Palace Echo, Issue 47, August 2002

jempie
06-08-2002, 01:26 PM

What is it about us Palace supporters that we feel the need to turn on our team and the management without knowing all the facts !

Have to agree there. Whilst I think Clinton is a great player (good luck by the way Clint), I don't think it's fair that we should turn against our chairman/management.

So what if Jordan needs the cash.

What would you prefer

Us to of sold Morrison?
or
Us to of gone bankcrupt?

Besides, from what I've seen Johnson could be a bargain!

Essexeagle
06-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by selhurst

in case you missed it...

'Simon recalls one incident where things boiled over away during the half time interval at Crewe, last April.

"Clinton Morrison was told he was being substituted and reacted badly - physically going for Francis. I was sub that day and was standing next to Francis when it happened. My initial thought was to let them get on with it! Instead I helped to separate them."

In Simon's view, the relationship between Morrison and Francis has deteriorated beyond the point of reconciliation and that Clinton will be moving on as soon as the right offer comes along.'

Blimey - Clint fancies himself a bit for 10 stone weakling doesn't he? Lets hope he doesn't do that with Bruce. He'll get well and truly twatted :)

Lazarus
06-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by selhurst

in case you missed it...

If true, CM's reaction was quite simply unprofessional and is inexcusable. As i said before, I have the highest opinion of his talent but there are shades of Roy Keane in this behaviour.

Ralph
06-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Quite right Lazarus,

The lad needs to learn to have some respect for authority. TF is in charge and what he says goes. If this is true Im glad in a way that Morrison has gone because I think behaviour like that gives a bad example to what was a relatively young squad.

anti-addick
06-08-2002, 02:29 PM

If true, CM's reaction was quite simply unprofessional and is inexcusable. As i said before, I have the highest opinion of his talent but there are shades of Roy Keane in this behaviour.

.........and who better but Keane's teacher, Steve Bruce, to get the best out of it too

Cleon
06-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Look:

1-Clinton's gone
2-If it was to save us from financial do-do, then fair enough
3-Let's not start trying to blame Clinton for moving on
4-The proof will be in the pudding - it's upto SJ & TF now

06-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Streatham man

You didn't have to shell out the dosh, the Chairman did, so quit worrying.
If Akinbiyi comes good, even you'll be happy I assume?

Streatham man
06-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by freddykurz

If Akinbiyi comes good, even you'll be happy I assume?

You bet, Mr. Freddy!

OOCO
06-08-2002, 06:55 PM
There was also a piece in the programme last night saying that Clint wanted Palace to take Brum's offer 'seriously'. Fascinating.

hairy beasts
06-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Clinton was one of our greatest players in the last few years and I like most of the Selhurst faithful was gutted to see him go, now he's moaning about being put on gardening leave yet 2 days ago he claimed not to have been able to contact anyone at the club for the back to training details. Both stories can't be true...can they ?
I hope this doesn't turn into a mud slinging match as I wouldn't like to see him return to the club as an away player only to get booed.
Looking at it objectively the sale of CM has enabled TF to strengthen the squad and keep money in the bank for wages and paying club debts.

brighton_eagle
06-08-2002, 07:44 PM
does it matter?

maybe, but he's gone.

come on people. We have a new, untouched season to look forward to. Unsullied as yet by poor defeats, the coming year could hold anything for us. Why waste time on things that are in the past?

Lion
06-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by hairy beasts
I hope this doesn't turn into a mud slinging match as I wouldn't like to see him return to the club as an away player only to get booed.

I don't want to see him, or anyone, get booed, but I wish him no luck at all at Birmingham. Maybe he'll do a dougie and do crap elsewhere, then come back to us and be on fire :D

hairy beasts
06-08-2002, 07:53 PM
The lord moves in mysterious ways

AJ
06-08-2002, 08:55 PM
How ever much I loved Clint and was sad to see him go, he still needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
Clinton is begining to sound like TF, and here he is 2 weeks from the start of the season and he is already mouthing off about the way CPFC treated him.
He is probably right, but, it serves no purpose. If Morrison is unfit, that it is his own problem. With his money and his name, he could have enrolled at any fitness center without fuss.

This complaining sounds like he is trying to blame someone(already) for any failures he may have during the season.

I remember Ian Wright discussing the summer recess and Wright said that he got himself back into shape during the first couple of games of the new season.

fieldy
06-08-2002, 09:31 PM
I still can't believe people are worrying themselves about this arrogant little pipsqueak! he's gone get over it, we've got several new players in on the back of it that has enabled us to have a stronger squad, we will be better off overall for selling him, frankly I couldn't give a damn what he does now, he may go on to be a an all time Birmingham great, or he may be the new Chris Armstrong, he may even do his cruciate at Highbury in a fortnight's time :p whatever I only care about those who play for my club not those who ply their trade in the west midlands!:clown:

arussell
07-08-2002, 04:28 AM
Oh dear - Bruce seems to have taught Clinton to have selective memory - it seems he's forgotten that he was in the squad and on the bench for the Carshalton match. Have to say his "I was on gardening leave" quote was funny - wondered who he learned that from :D

Plus I heard a very interesting story today about his "clause" in leaving Palace - perhaps he might be back again at some point ?

Raoul Duke
07-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by arussell

Plus I heard a very interesting story today about his "clause" in leaving Palace - perhaps he might be back again at some point ?

care to elaborate?

917L
07-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Lion

Maybe he'll do a dougie and do crap elsewhere,

Think you should check Wolves and Forest scoring records for the seasons involved.

brighton_eagle
07-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

care to elaborate?

Yeah....come on al, spill the beans :)

jlmatthews
07-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle

Yeah....come on al, spill the beans :)

I am curious....

pedro
07-08-2002, 01:53 PM
I assume we must have first option if Brum go down and they need to sell him, this seems the obvious answer.

07-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Clinton's petulant juvenile outburst against his old club, has suddenly reminded me of the old wartime term "Fifth Column". Almost makes me wonder whether Bruce didn't leave behind him a group of malcontents, consciously or unconsciously, working to destabilise Palace from within. Perish the thought!

917L
07-08-2002, 02:08 PM
it seems he's forgotten that he was in the squad and on the bench for the Carshalton match. Have to say his "I was on gardening leave" quote was funny - wondered who he learned that from :D

Was thinking exactly the same;)

arussell
07-08-2002, 03:31 PM
I assume we must have first option if Brum go down and they need to sell him, this seems the obvious answer.

Something along those lines .......

SIKO
07-08-2002, 08:21 PM
or is it:o

RichieG
07-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Will we ever know? Go on SIKO, Al, spill em........

Daddy Long
07-08-2002, 09:41 PM
The transfer is done and dusted now. Surely SIKO or Alan can let us know :)

Is there a clause whereby if we get promoted to the Prem we have an option to buy him back for a certian amount of money?

LLCOOLSTEVE
07-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Probably first refusal...........

SIKO
07-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
The transfer is done and dusted now. Surely SIKO or Alan can let us know :)

Is there a clause whereby if we get promoted to the Prem we have an option to buy him back for a certian amount of money?

Ill probably go one better than that:D :D :D :D :D

arussell
08-08-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Daddy Long

Hmmmm ......

No

:D

arussell
08-08-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Probably first refusal...........

Hmmmm ......

Not quite .....

:o

Mind you - this is only according to what Clinton himself said, so who know's how much of it is the truth.

Jaffa
08-08-2002, 03:18 AM
It would be a lot easier just to spill the beans rather than have people speculating causing false rumours to circulate.

Gooders
10-08-2002, 02:48 AM
SIKO - does Clinton smoke?

Only I've just been to pick up my son from a bowling alley in Bracknell this evening and if it wasn't Clinton that strolled up with the most stunning woman on his arm and a fag in his hand, then he has a twin. :eek:

burnett 10
11-08-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
My sentiments exactly:)

Good luck Clinton

yeah go on clint do a martyn and make palace proud to have a world class player who started their carer with the boys in red and blue.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-08-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by burnett 10

yeah go on clint do a martyn and make palace proud to have a world class player who started their carer with the boys in red and blue.

I think that both St. Austel(?) and Bristol Rovers might be unhappy at your claim Martyn started his career at Palace.
Southgate, however, was a real Palace product.

Celestial Empire
11-08-2002, 08:03 AM
What, a permanently dissatisfied whinger ?
:rolleyes:

sydney eagle
11-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I'm getting tired of reading all these people who have "inside information" who come on here and wind everyone up by telling them the most vague story then having a laugh while we all speculate....Put up or shut up please.

Maidstoned Eagle
11-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash

I think that both St. Austel(?) and Bristol Rovers might be unhappy at your claim Martyn started his career at Palace.
Southgate, however, was a real Palace product.

St. Blazely

StevieCsredandbluearmy
12-08-2002, 01:27 AM
Clinton stayed with us when we were going through administration and proved his loyalty. Jordan is once again trying to blame everyone but himself for Clinton's departure. We will really miss Clinton this season. Still, at least, with the "Clown Prince" out until October time, it gives young Steven Kabba a chance.

What would be great would be for Clinton to score lots of goals in the Premier this season, the scum still get relegated and Clinton moves somewhere else as a result.

Good luck Clinton and may you rot in hell Steve Bruce you treacherous scumbag.

p.s. Steve Coppell must be fed up, having been shafted by two chairmen now.

pete eagle
12-08-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm getting tired of reading all these people who have "inside information" who come on here and wind everyone up by telling them the most vague story then having a laugh while we all speculate....Put up or shut up please.

that's harsh on SIKO - why would he lie about such a thing. And anyway the story wasn't vague

sydney eagle
12-08-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle

that's harsh on SIKO - why would he lie about such a thing. And anyway the story wasn't vague I'm not talking about SIKO at all,I know that he DOES know Clinton and as I've said many times before his information is always been true. My complaint was the thing over the last two pages about the "clause" in his contract. I mean it's obvious there are 3 or 4 people who know all about it and are having fun winding everyone else up about it.

Men At Work
12-08-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by StevieCsredandbluearmy
Clinton stayed with us when we were going through administration and proved his loyalty. Jordan is once again trying to blame everyone but himself for Clinton's departure.

I doubt Clinton is as much an innocent and injured party in this matter, just as I doubt Jordan is the physical embodiment of the prince of darkness. As with most things in life the truth probably lies in between. For me the real reason can be found in what Jolly said in the Palace Echo interview (buy it on Tuesday) which, from what I was told yesterday, was the culmination of an ongoing issue. As a result both sides have deliberately created their own version of events which tries to make themselves look good while avoiding the real issue. That's life.

Feather
12-08-2002, 07:36 PM
My complaint was the thing over the last two pages about the "clause" in his contract. I mean it's obvious there are 3 or 4 people who know all about it and are having fun winding everyone else up about it.

I have just read this and agree. So come on then, what is this clause?

Also, has anyone heard whether we get a % if he leaves Brum and goes to a big club?

kolinkins
12-08-2002, 07:40 PM
neither clint nor SJ are blameless, but the biggest share of the blame has to go to the agents. they are the ones that stir things up!

arussell
12-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
does Clinton smoke?

Yup

Gooders
12-08-2002, 07:43 PM
So, could it really have been him that I saw in Bracknell on Friday evening? Bearing in mind that Brum had a game the following day (for which he was presumably absent due to injury).

Mind you, if I was with the young lady that was with "him" on Friday, I'm sure I'd have a dead leg too. ;)

Latvian
12-08-2002, 07:46 PM
May I refer you to the Bruce - is he still a c... poll (I think the thread was merged and renamed "Looks like Bruce isnt the villan he's made out to be")

Ok it seems Jordan has the biggest part to play in this but Stevie B barely kept his big fat nose out of it did he?

Latvian
12-08-2002, 07:47 PM

Yup

what?

wedgetail
12-08-2002, 08:00 PM

Yup
This probably expains why there weren't more clubs bidding for him.
any more druggies on the playing staff?

hairy beasts
12-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Am I right in thinking that if birmngham stay up we get an extra £1m 'bonus' payment

El Aguila
12-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail

This probably expains why there weren't more clubs bidding for him.
Don't know about Palace, but Real Madrid's Spanish international goalkeeper is widely known as Iker "Pastillas".....

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail

Atillio Lombardo used to smoke alot when at Palace.......