PDA

View Full Version : Bruce after Mullins?

HappyLarry
31-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Is this another wind-up? Can't the man just leave us alone!

http://www.bcfc.com/today/view/what_the_papers_say/0,,10412~247520,00.html

It wasn't me!
31-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Looks like goodbye Hayden and Julian:rolleyes:

SIKO
31-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Oh Dear:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scotty
31-07-2002, 04:39 PM
oh dear

Scotty
31-07-2002, 04:41 PM
great minds

Wedgy
31-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Greedy sod

Eagle Kneevil
31-07-2002, 04:45 PM
As I said on another thread....

And, of course, "rumours abound" is journo-speak for "It's Hayden Mullins but you cannot attribute that comment to me". That was the tactic used by Man U to tap up Rio Ferdinand.....

PeterH
31-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Bruce advised he is unexpectedly available at a bargain.

Whats this a bring and buy sale at the Palace. We going to give
away porcelien figurines with every purchase.

Roll up roll up, did I say 3m, well ladies and gentleman today cause Im feeling generous, not 3m, not 2m, not even 1m, one Hayden Mullins 0.5m. Come on who will give me 500k.

Cash problems, if so why buy other players like Derry etc..

Maybe Mullins is acting up and hasn't signed a contract extension. Let him rot off thats the case. As for Brum absolutely no way, if he has to go
lets not have them clean us completely out, how embarrassing.

arussell
31-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!
Looks like goodbye Hayden and Julian:rolleyes:

Whilst there might be some truth in the Mullins story, it's not often you see injured players signed by another club :rolleyes:

It wasn't me!
31-07-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by arussell

Whilst there might be some truth in the Mullins story, it's not often you see injured players signed by another club :rolleyes:

Yes but julian is not really injured any more, he's just getting his fitness back. Anyway Bruce knows what he can do!! :rolleyes:

fieldy
31-07-2002, 04:56 PM
This makes absolutely no sense, if we were in serious financial grief and were selling players and not replacing them it would be a bit more believable but why would we spend 600k on this Derry bloke and then sell Mullins for a "bargain price"? wouldn't we just hold on to Mullins and not sign Derry?:confused:

arussell
31-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Mullins is still living in Reading isn't he .......

He hasn't really set the world on fire recently - maybe that's the reason.

We'll soon see anyway - this is just hearsay at the moment. Expect Brum to sign Kirovski next.

It wasn't me!
31-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Mullins is still living in Reading isn't he .......

He hasn't really set the world on fire recently - maybe that's the reason.

We'll soon see anyway - this is just hearsay at the moment. Expect Brum to sign Kirovski next.

Nope he lives in Caterham!

Beanie
31-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by fieldy
This makes absolutely no sense, if we were in serious financial grief and were selling players and not replacing them it would be a bit more believable but why would we spend 600k on this Derry bloke and then sell Mullins for a "bargain price"? wouldn't we just hold on to Mullins and not sign Derry?:confused:

Because Derry is better perhaps.

Anyway, elsewhere Bruce is supposed to have nipped in for Derry, so it seesm unlikely that both Hayden and Derry are the "mystery player"

Ralph
31-07-2002, 05:07 PM
Great Pity but they wont keep you up Bruce so you just try it.

Eagle Kneevil
31-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Or maybe it's just the silly season. Here's the Guardian's football round-up:

"......But while Terry Venables and Glenn Hoddle are struggling to spunk their wads, Steve McClaren can't stop blowing his stash. Planet Football reckons a Middlesbrough move for former Port Vale defender Sagi Burton is not long in coming......."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,1451,766846,00.html

igl
31-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Skysports News reported on their 'red ticker' on Sunday that Hayden Mullins was very eager to sign a new contract at Palace. I have to admit to only seeing it on Sunday though, and haven't heard anything about it since.

g23
31-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by igl
Skysports News reported on their 'red ticker' on Sunday that Hayden Mullins was very eager to sign a new contract at Palace. I have to admit to only seeing it on Sunday though, and haven't heard anything about it since.

Rehash of a club website item that appeared last week.

Cleon
31-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Kneevil
"......Planet Football reckons a Middlesbrough move for former Port Vale defender Sagi Burton is not long in coming......."

:eek: That would by hysterical.... please let it happen!:D

Jimbo ?
31-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Bruce is a dead man if he goes for Mullins as well!!!!!
This is beyond a joke now!!!!

Pistike
31-07-2002, 10:28 PM

What like Adi Adinbadbuyie?

Will S
31-07-2002, 10:30 PM
It's a funny old world where Middlesbrough are linked with Sagi Burton, but no-one has yet made a solid bid for Hayden Mullins...

gator
31-07-2002, 10:38 PM
With all the Mullins & Derry rumours, i could not help but think of this song;

"Give Me Some Truth"
By John Lennon

I'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short sighted-arrow minded hypocritics
All i want is the truth
Just give me some truth

I've had enough of reading things by nuerotic-pyschotic-pig headed politicians
All i want is the truth
Just give me some truth

No short haired-yellow bellied son of tricky dicky is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

I'm sick to death of seeing things from tight lipped-condescending -mommies little chauvinists
All i want is the truth
Just give me some truth

I've had enough of watching scenes of schizophrenic - ego - centric - paranoic - prima - donnas
All i want is the truth
Just give me some truth

arussell
01-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Akinbiyi wasn't injured when he was signed Steve, he'd been playing regularly for Leicester in the premier league.

palace ray
01-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Why don't Bruce just buy the whole team in a 'job lot' and then dump the players he don't want!! saves all this picking off players one at a time cobblers :veryangry :veryangry Or better still why don't he just sod off as they will be relagated this season anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy Long
01-08-2002, 03:59 PM
I was hoping last night that the announcer would tell us that Julian and Hayden had signed new contracts aswell. Only Dougie though. Oh dear.

Dobbo
02-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by palace ray
Why don't Bruce just buy the whole team in a 'job lot' and then dump the players he don't want!! saves all this picking off players one at a time cobblers :veryangry :veryangry Or better still why don't he just sod off as they will be relagated this season anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems very reminiscent of when Venables pissed off to QPR and then spent the next year raping us.

brighton_eagle
02-08-2002, 02:03 PM
If this is true, it shows what a mistake it was losing Bruce as manager. If we have three or four players he wants in his newly promoted Premiership side, we could and should have won promotion ourselves last season.

Come on Jordan.....sort it out. This bloke is making a monkey out of you.