PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide League Scrap Transfer Windows

Ralph
02-08-2002, 05:03 PM
sorry if the mods dont want this in this forum but I felt it was relevant...feel free to move it. jsut found this extract on the BBC web site.

The Football League has won a major victory over Fifa that will keep the transfer market open for two years on a trial basis, according to reports.
The Independent newspaper claims Nationwide League clubs will be allowed to sign up to 10 players a season, from wherever they want.

But Fifa's new transfer windows will still close on Premiership clubs on 31 August.

The world's governing body decided to scrap the plan to enforce the same ruling on the lower divisions after appeals from the League and the Football Association.

Both pointed out to Fifa the difficulties the transfer windows would cause to clubs that have already seen their finances hit by the collapse of ITV Digital.

League loses cash battle
Football League officials had been planning to defy the initial Fifa ruling, but have avoided any possible confrontation by agreeing a plan in principle.

There will now be movement to and from clubs in Divisions One, Two and Three, leaving them able to buy or borrow players in an injury crisis or to ease financial difficulties by selling them.

Fifa and Uefa, Europe's ruling body, were also warned about the possibility of legal challenges by out-of-work footballers.

They would have been prevented from changing clubs if the transfer window had been fully enforced.

Jimbo ?
02-08-2002, 10:33 PM
i realize it is a serious matter - but im not really sure how it will effect us??? any ideas......

WorthingEagle
02-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
i realize it is a serious matter - but im not really sure how it will effect us??? any ideas......

ermm....well it means we can sell and buy players after August 31st, whereas before we wouldn't have been allowed to.

But can players be bought from and sold to the Premiership??

Ralph
03-08-2002, 04:02 AM
bought from but not sold to...I believe