PDA

View Full Version : Julian Gray

CPFC Beckenham
10-08-2002, 02:35 AM
According to todays Daily Star, Julian Gray has turned down a new contract:eek:

hairy beasts
10-08-2002, 04:27 AM
Before we get too carried away with this story don't forget the amount of crap reporting we've read in the last few days/weeks/months

What?
10-08-2002, 04:31 AM
Dont panic, dougie didnt sign one for ages!

Officer Dibble
10-08-2002, 05:36 AM
Gray's contract runs out in 10 months. He's heading for a Bosman.
We should have taken Newcastle's 3.5m last season (if true)...

Streatham man
10-08-2002, 06:36 AM
if we offer him a reasonable contract and he doesn't sign, tell him he won't play for 10 months.

see how much that helps him and his football career.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, though, and hope the story is false.

Palace Don
10-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Officer Dibble
Gray's contract runs out in 10 months. He's heading for a Bosman.
We should have taken Newcastle's 3.5m last season (if true)...

Gray and Morrison were inseparable when Morrison was at the club. I think his departure may have unsettled Gray slightly.

Steve C
10-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Maybe we should give the Bruce a ring !!!!!

pedro
10-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Beckenham
According to todays Daily Star, Julian Gray has turned down a new contract:eek:

I have found his attitude towards Palace to be arrogant from the start and that goes a long way to explain why I am less than encouraging towards what I think is just an average player at best. His ' I will use Palace as a stepping stone to better things.' before he had even played for the club pi$$ed me off big style. Let him rot in the reserves and give his place to Black/Rubins or Routledge, at least these people appreciate what they have got.
Let him go to Brum or anyone else who wants him, I for one will shed no tears.

Sleeping Giant
10-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Streatham man
if we offer him a reasonable contract and he doesn't sign, tell him he won't play for 10 months.

see how much that helps him and his football career.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, though, and hope the story is false.

Totally agree. I'm a Gray fan. I think that a reasonable proportion of our failure last season was down to Francis' use of him. That said, if the club are offering a competitive contract for one of his ilk, he must sign now or be left in the reserves. As has been pointed out, there are others who can come in to do a creative wide job well enough to facilitate such action. I'd love Gray to sign though.

bnmth eagle
12-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by pedro

I have found his attitude towards Palace to be arrogant from the start and that goes a long way to explain why I am less than encouraging towards what I think is just an average player at best. His ' I will use Palace as a stepping stone to better things.

I think you'll find that was Tommy Black who came out with that..

BUNGLE
12-08-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by bnmth eagle

I think you'll find that was Tommy Black who came out with that..

.... I thought it was Gray.

pete eagle
12-08-2002, 12:34 AM
i thought it was Black and come on boys - this is the Daily Star - they said at least three times in their paper that we'd signed Vickers, they also said that we'd signed lars bohinen a couple of seasons back

Hang The DJ
12-08-2002, 12:40 AM
If true then fine. More chances for Routledge.

pallet
12-08-2002, 12:40 AM
When Gray came from the Arse Tom Watt banged on how he was the better of the two and at firwt it was hard to see. However I did think he really came on last season, although still think he lacks self belief. I dont beleive this story mainly because of the paper it is in and secondly I beleive he is settling well at Palace, and would want to prove himself this term.

hairy beasts
12-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Does anyone know when he'll be fit to play again??????