PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: An Arsenal keeper

CPFC_DAVE77
20-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Is there any chance that we could sign one of Arsenal's keepers next season, should we be in the market for a keeper?

Arsenal are likely to try to bring in a keeper, which would leave them with:

1. New keeper
2. Wojciech Szczęsny
3. David Ospina
4. Emiliano Martínez

Is it not possible that one of 2,3 or 4 is within our grasp if guaranteed first team football?

Even if they don't bring in a new number one, could Martinez or Ospina be lured here?

karl.eldridge
20-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Ospina can **** off.

CPFC_DAVE77
20-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Ospina can **** off.

Why?

lee_cpfc
20-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Why?

The way he went down the other week like he had been shot:veryangry

CPFC_DAVE77
20-03-2015, 12:21 PM
The way he went down the other week like he had been shot:veryangry

I remeber it, but we wouldn't leave ourselves with many options for a transfer if we adopted a blanket policy throughout, would we?

I agree it was appalling.

fis2FU6SErU

cpfc4evandeva
20-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Why?

Pretending he'd just been hit by Mike Tyson for no apparent reason whatsoever. One of the strangest things I've seen to be honest.

CPFC_DAVE77
20-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Pretending he'd just been hit by Mike Tyson for no apparent reason whatsoever. One of the strangest things I've seen to be honest.

It was dreadful, but he'll probably still have a career as a keeper though chaps.

Latvian Eagle
20-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Ospina should be their number 1. Only one we'd even be close to getting is Martinez and I am not convinced by him at all.

For me we should be looking at keepers like Kiko Casilla (Espanyol) or Antonio Adan (Betis), big imposing goalkeeper who can make the top drawer saves and command their boxes.

cpfc4evandeva
20-03-2015, 01:51 PM
It was dreadful, but he'll probably still have a career as a keeper though chaps.

I was just explaining the guy's post. He's a very good keeper.

Neillo's Son
20-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Ospina will be their number 1 next season, no question.

CPFC_DAVE77
20-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Ospina will be their number 1 next season, no question.

So what about szcsczcsczceny?

Nigelbrag
20-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Why are we writing off Speroni just yet especially for an Arsenal junior? as for Ospina or Szczesny no chance either being loaned. Surely if JS is to be dropped to reserve, then lets give Hennessey a chance to prove his worth first, and if he does not cut the mustard, there is always the dependable JS, until the January window opens.

sheepy
20-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Speroni is still better than Szczesny, probably on a par with Ospina, neither of whom I think would be particularly effective with our defence.

Don't know much the two players in Latvian Eagle's post but think he's probably on the right lines in needing an imposing keeper in the Begovic / Cech mould.

EryrExile
20-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Speroni is still better than Szczesny

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8n1getMV51qi25h6o2_r1_250.gif

Szczęsny is quite obviously better than any keeper we could honestly believe has any genuine chance of being at Palace next year.

Dave Hedgehog
21-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Why are we writing off Speroni just yet especially for an Arsenal junior? as for Ospina or Szczesny no chance either being loaned. Surely if JS is to be dropped to reserve, then lets give Hennessey a chance to prove his worth first, and if he does not cut the mustard, there is always the dependable JS, until the January window opens.

This doesn't make any sense. You want a keeper in place for the full season, why wait until January when it's obvious we need a new signing.

Hennessy isn't the answer.

Dave Hedgehog
21-03-2015, 12:16 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8n1getMV51qi25h6o2_r1_250.gif

Szczęsny is quite obviously better than any keeper we could honestly believe has any genuine chance of being at Palace next year.

Technically yes, but mentally he is pretty weak at the minute - poor concentration, bad decisions, lots of immaturity. He has plenty of potential to fix that though.

Far East Eagle
21-03-2015, 12:23 PM
There was a study which showed that the goal position was where money was most effectively spent, if we have 30m to spend in the summer 10 on a goalkeeper would make a lot of sense and you can get a very good player for that money

chelmsfordeagle
21-03-2015, 12:27 PM
There was a study which showed that the goal position was where money was most effectively spent, if we have 30m to spend in the summer 10 on a goalkeeper would make a lot of sense and you can get a very good player for that money

Jack Butland, if Stoke don't sell Begovic, i think its realistic that Butland may move and i'd love it to be to us.

Latvian Eagle
21-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Jack Butland, if Stoke don't sell Begovic, i think its realistic that Butland may move and i'd love it to be to us.

Kiko Casilla. We should be looking higher than Butlan, he is on a level with what we have. We should be improving not maintaining.