PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Danny Batth - Wolves

Richwak
14-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Danny Batth from Wolves if they dont go up in the playoffs. Of what I have seen of him he looks a great player (albeit I have only seen him in a handful games) and is also their vice captain. Only 24 but looks very assured almost in a Scott Dann way. I imagine it wouldnt break the bank for him either.

Wolves had 25 clean sheets in 2013-2014 with Batth playing in every one of these games. In 2014-2015 they have 17 clean sheets which is up at the top.

Might get shot down by others who know him better but to me looks a great shout.

CharlieCPFC
14-04-2015, 08:26 AM
When I've seen him he's looked very good as well to be fair. I personally think Wolves might be the club to sneak in those play offs and go up though. Good suggestion, especially if th price is right but I'd like to see Van Dijk here.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-04-2015, 08:30 AM
When I've seen him he's looked very good as well to be fair. I personally think Wolves might be the club to sneak in those play offs and go up though. Good suggestion, especially if th price is right but I'd like to see Van Dijk here.

Agree with all of this.

McCarthy knows his shit and they could do well in the play off's.

Agree about Van Dijk, too.

Cake and Eat It
14-04-2015, 08:31 AM
McCarthy is the Ipswich manager...

CharlieCPFC
14-04-2015, 08:56 AM
I also think Batths personality would blend in well with this squad. I feel this should be an impprtant characteristic in recruitment of player's over the summer myself. What we have is so unique in how this squad work tirelessly for each other. It ain't just as biased Palace fans who recognise this, there's a lot of other people who follow other clubs and have said the same thing.

I don't know him personally! But to be Kenny Jackett's vice captain you must possess some leadership qualities which is what a lot our side are filled with.

Ryan_the_eagle
14-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Certainly has the right background for me. Wolves very much appear to be built from the back and from what I have seen (which isn't a lot) Batth very much appears to be part of their strength there. Know nothing of his contract details but could see him being a 5-6 million pound player.

David of Kent
14-04-2015, 09:16 AM
I've not seen much of him but he sounds like a Palace type of signing. He's from not far from Dudley, is he a local boy desperate to stay at Wolves though. I'd like George Friend too for left back

JHJ EAGLE
14-04-2015, 09:38 AM

Was just thinking the same:D

CPFC_DAVE77
14-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Had a mad moment then :D:p

Aaroncpfc
14-04-2015, 12:44 PM
A lot of Wolves fans I've spoken too think he's a season off being ready for The Premiership. Same with a lot of their players.

orp pisshead1
14-04-2015, 12:48 PM
I also think Batths personality would blend in well with this squad. I feel this should be an impprtant characteristic in recruitment of player's over the summer myself. What we have is so unique in how this squad work tirelessly for each other. It ain't just as biased Palace fans who recognise this, there's a lot of other people who follow other clubs and have said the same thing.

I don't know him personally! But to be Kenny Jackett's vice captain you must possess some leadership qualities which is what a lot our side are filled with.

Excellent post:p.

BW_Palace
14-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Nowhere near good enough just yet. Would be ok-ish as a squad player for the future but I doubt we'd able to sign him for squad player money nor might he want to come.

Palaceborn
14-04-2015, 06:56 PM
If we are looking to build a much stronger team to challenge the top 10 next season then we could be looking for better, albeit Batth is a very good championship player who could step up to the PL in the lower side teams. A good suggestion

dilem
14-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Would be a very good signing imo.

macs-tash
15-04-2015, 06:37 PM
My Wolves supporting friend thinks he's their best player. He's come on nicely over the last 3 years and thinks it's time he made the step up. So yes please! Blood him into the team while phasing Damo out gradually.

dilem
18-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Looking at championship centre backs, i really like the look of Hector from reading. Young and physically comanding.