PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Salzburg v Austria Wien

N Herts Eagle
02-06-2015, 09:17 PM
http://www.laola1.at/de/fussball/oefb-cup/news/salzburg-will-double-double/page/114009-258-53---587.html

Austrian Cup Final appears we are scouting one of the players. No idea who but sure we can pick up a stream somewhere tomorrow night.

Astrophical
02-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Soriano perhaps? Prolific Spanish forward.

jamescav0
02-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Mane and Kampl Would've been good but we're too late, Cant really see anyone else apart from Soriano

N Herts Eagle
02-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Soriano perhaps? Prolific Spanish forward. Looking at his record certainly seems a good call, think I will try and find a stream tomorrow night.

maestro
02-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Maybe just routine scouting, I remember last season the scouts were everywhere by some accounts.

N Herts Eagle
02-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Maybe just routine scouting, I remember last season the scouts were everywhere by some accounts. Dont disagree with that, just interesting and the reason I posted it was the direct reference to us.

Palaceborn
02-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Would love it if we are looking at Martin Hinteregger. He is a 22 year old centre back of RB Salzburg who is an Austian international and looks quite promising

Owngoal
03-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Ertl was an Austrian international so question is how good a club player is he?

Boyandy
03-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Ertl was an Austrian international so question is how good a club player is he?

I don't think Ertl's particularly relevant to be honest. He hasn't played for the national side for years and Austrian football has experienced a bit of a renaissance. I know it doesn't really mean that much but they're now 25th in the FIFA rankings which is a fair bit higher than Scotland, Congo and Australia.

Wimmer's just signed for Tottenham and the likes of Fuchs, Arnautovic, and Alaba would easily get into our team.

Crozzy71
03-06-2015, 07:33 AM
I don't think Ertl's particularly relevant to be honest. He hasn't played for the national side for years and Austrian football has experienced a bit of a renaissance. I know it doesn't really mean that much but they're now 25th in the FIFA rankings which is a fair bit higher than Scotland, Congo and Australia.

Wimmer's just signed for Tottenham and the likes of Fuchs, Arnautovic, and Alaba would easily get into our team.

Not sure FIFA rankings are a great yardstick. Don't they include 5-a-side training matches ?

Yes, Austria May be 25th, but Romania are 12th (2 places behind Spain) and Algeria 20th.

Boyandy
03-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Not sure FIFA rankings are a great yardstick. Don't they include 5-a-side training matches ?

Yes, Austria May be 25th, but Romania are 12th (2 places behind Spain) and Algeria 20th.

Hence me saying "I know it doesn't really mean that much".

My point was that we currently already employ individuals from much less highly regarded teams already, so there's no reason to discount someone because of the national side they play for.

Since October 2013 they've only lost once (to Brazil). They're a decent team at the moment.

CPFC_DAVE77
03-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Soriano is 29, however he has scored 91 in 102 games for Salzburg.

Oh my...

CPFC_DAVE77
03-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Other Salzburg players that excite me are:

Naby Keita
Valon Berisha
Martin Hinteregger
Valentino Lazaro

dannyboy1807
03-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Soriano is pretty good on FM.

CPFC_DAVE77
03-06-2015, 08:02 AM
The thing with Soriano, or a player like him, is that we need to change the way we view transfers as fans.

Yes, the ideal will be, and always will be,to sign a 22 year old who can perform right now, on a five year deal.

However, the modern game, i'm afraid, in the top flight, is not the same as it is in the Champ, or when you expect to come straight back down.

Look at Pelle at Southampton, he's 29. If he scores goals for them for the next three seasons, he'll leave on a free, having cost them a fee and wages, and they'll yield no transfer return. However, they will have made all the money back and then some by simply existing in the Premier League.

That's how we need to view some transfers for Palace. I am not saying build an ageing squad like QPR, and we should still be prudent in case we got relegated, but we mustn't shy away from signing a player because he is 29/30.

Soriano, hypothetically, scored 55 times in 79 games for Barca B, and has scored 91 in 102 for Salzburg. Let's get him, h could be our Pelle.

Owngoal
03-06-2015, 08:36 AM
The thing with Soriano, or a player like him, is that we need to change the way we view transfers as fans.

Yes, the ideal will be, and always will be,to sign a 22 year old who can perform right now, on a five year deal.

However, the modern game, i'm afraid, in the top flight, is not the same as it is in the Champ, or when you expect to come straight back down.

Look at Pelle at Southampton, he's 29. If he scores goals for them for the next three seasons, he'll leave on a free, having cost them a fee and wages, and they'll yield no transfer return. However, they will have made all the money back and then some by simply existing in the Premier League.

That's how we need to view some transfers for Palace. I am not saying build an ageing squad like QPR, and we should still be prudent in case we got relegated, but we mustn't shy away from signing a player because he is 29/30.

Soriano, hypothetically, scored 55 times in 79 games for Barca B, and has scored 91 in 102 for Salzburg. Let's get him, h could be our Pelle.
He sounds as if he certainly has something about him. Is he a big physical striker or a smaller poacher?

CPFC_DAVE77
03-06-2015, 08:40 AM
He sounds as if he certainly has something about him. Is he a big physical striker or a smaller poacher?

Skillful player, good touch, knows where the back fo the net is, obviously.

Not very quick though.

N Herts Eagle
03-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Skillful player, good touch, knows where the back fo the net is, obviously.

Not very quick though. Scores in extra time for 10 man Salzburg to go 1-0 had a player sent off at 41 minutes. Not been able to find stream. Now 2-0

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-06-2015, 09:17 PM

He hypthetically scored???!!!

Latvian Eagle
04-06-2015, 03:12 AM

All well and good being hypothetical but you missed seven years of his career out where he only scored 14 goals in 83 games (3 in 43 for Espanyol). Scoring in the Spanish third division and the Austrian League is a little different to scoring in a top line league like the Premier League.

Duffle Coat
04-06-2015, 04:12 AM

Anything FIFA, most espescially those pesky rankings, should be treated with the utmost caution. Hopefully those corrupt leaders will take their corrupt ranking system with them to jail,

CPFC_DAVE77
04-06-2015, 06:30 AM
All well and good being hypothetical but you missed seven years of his career out where he only scored 14 goals in 83 games (3 in 43 for Espanyol). Scoring in the Spanish third division and the Austrian League is a little different to scoring in a top line league like the Premier League.

Indeed - I've said it would be a gamble. Like Pelle was.