PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Goater


Benzhiyi
22-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Anyone else noted that with Man City now having 429 strikers, one or two of them are eventually going to be shown the door? With that in mind, why not make a bid for The Goat? Many will label him as clumsy or whatever but you don't finish top scorer of Division One unless you can finish and I think with Doog laying on the creativity he'd be a great acquisition. Maybe too late now what with Adebola and Akinbiyi at the club, but still someone I'd keep an eye and an open cheque book out for if he becomes available!

ozeagle
22-08-2002, 02:42 PM
it still amazes me that we could pay 2.4m for ade...granted he's unproven at Palis, but still, 2.4m !!!!!
as for the goat, if clinton was at man city last year, or dougie for that matter they would have got 35...forget him, the goat will be super hungry this year.

:p

fieldy
22-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Great idea, after all we need another forward to go with
Freedman
Johnson
Adebola
Akinbiyi
Kabba
Williams

Sign him up! :rolleyes:

Scoot
22-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
it still amazes me that we could pay 2.4m for ade...granted he's unproven at Palis, but still, 2.4m !!!!!
as for the goat, if clinton was at man city last year, or dougie for that matter they would have got 35...forget him, the goat will be super hungry this year.

:p
Still amazes me that people are still banging on about it.

muffdaddy
22-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fieldy
Great idea, after all we need another forward to go with
Freedman
Johnson
Adebola
Akinbiyi
Kabba
Williams

Sign him up! :rolleyes:

I doubt all those players combined could score as many goals as Goater.

Jaffa
22-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Well the first three have something like 250 league goals between them.

fieldy
22-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by muffdaddy


I doubt all those players combined could score as many goals as Goater.

Don't talk bollox!

Aussie Fieldy
22-08-2002, 09:45 PM
its all about the benjamin.

Aussie Fieldy
22-08-2002, 09:54 PM
yeahrp!
Have to agree with you there.

vas
23-08-2002, 02:32 AM
Feed the Goat and he will Score

Walrus
23-08-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by vas
Feed the Goat and he will Score

If Palace'd had Man City's midfield of last season, we would have walked the division and the Dougmeister/Clinton partnership would have had close on 70 goals between them. Goat scoring 35 is good going, but given the supply he had......

We have enough striking talent already. Why would we want a 32 year old Goat with no future ?

Cleon
23-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Walrus
We have enough striking talent already. Why would we want a 32 year old Goat with no future ?

Spot on - nothing more to be said on the matter.

HappyLarry
27-08-2002, 02:23 PM
The Mail are reporting that apparentley a mystery 1st Division club(Palace? - sounds similar to the the mystrey club that was after Ostenstad) have bid around a 1m for Goater & Keegan(good friends with Trev) is considering it as they are top heavy with Strikers - it depends on the outcome of Mackens injury whether he needs surgery or not.

Maybe? (and we have just let Kabba go out on loan for three months - so maybe we are about to welcome a new arrival into the Palace family?)

Gooders
27-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Can't see us signing any more strikers.

Anyone see the goal scored against Coventry by the kid Watford have on loan from Moan Utd (Danny Webber?) - top, top class.

arussell
27-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Just like the one young Manchester Utd loanee Jonathan Davis scored for Swindon against Brentford yesterday.

Why don't WE ever move in for players like that ?

Don't need Goater or Camara - we already have two big non-prolific strikers - both would be a waste of money.

I'd rather play Gareth Williams and some of our own youngsters.

Ralph
27-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by arussell
Don't need Goater or Camara - we already have two big non-prolific strikers - both would be a waste of money.

I'd rather play Gareth Williams and some of our own youngsters.

Goater is hardly non-prolific....unless I misunderstand your post!!

1 million sounds a lot to me for a player with no sell on value, Im sure I heard they would listen to offers of 500,000!!!

I agree with what your saying about these Man Utd youngsters mind!!!

heinz 57
27-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Why are we even looking at more strikers?

Surely everyone (but TF and SJ) know that it's Quality in the MIDFIELD we need now? or perhaps we're all stupid and TF knows best? 4-1-5 maybe? :confused:

glaziers fan
27-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by heinz 57
Why are we even looking at more strikers?

Surely everyone (but TF and SJ) know that it's Quality in the MIDFIELD we need now? or perhaps we're all stupid and TF knows best? 4-1-5 maybe? :confused:

ABSOLUTELY SPOT-ON! When will TF give Routledge and Black proper goes in the first-team? They have run rings round defences all pre-season and in reserve games, and must be given chances. Even Rubins deserves another chance as he has shown he can be a quality player. And as for Julian Gray, as soon as he replaces Granville as left wing-back we will be better going forward, AND MORE SOLID DEFENSIVELY!

CHERRY TREE BRB
27-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Shaun Goater -- Yessssssssssss please !!!!! If we could get him i believe we would have the most prolific strike force in the Division by a mile. Dougie looked so pis~ed off on saturday with the lack of quality partnering him in attack. The 'goat' my not be the most skillful footballer in thw world but in Div One he is at least a 20 goal a season man. Hope this story has some truth

northernsouler
27-08-2002, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HappyLarry
[B]The Mail are reporting that apparentley a mystery 1st Division club(Palace? - sounds similar to the the mystrey club that was after Ostenstad) have bid around a 1m for Goater & Keegan(good friends with Trev) is considering it as they are top heavy with Strikers - it depends on the outcome of Mackens injury whether he needs surgery or not.

Reckon it's Pompey again with the checkbook.

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
27-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Sorry if this is an obvious statement. But to answer the "Why are we looking at more strikers" question?

How many goals have we scored this season so far? I think we have just Dougie on 1 from strikers! We need a goalscorer to replace Clinton and we either havent got one now or if we have they arent performing.

Jimbo ?
28-08-2002, 12:27 AM
not more just - more quality!!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
28-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Agreed Jimbo.

Look at last night.

We had a good 4 or so chances that i felt should really have been put away. We do need an out-and-out striker.