PDA

View Full Version : Monk Rumour: Callum Wilson From Bournemouth

Malarkey
14-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Prefer Murray myself . Play Zaha , Bolasie and Murray and confident they can continue to do the business

Any updates?

HARRY MONK
14-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Any updates?

Callum Wilson is wanted from Bournemouth with deal involving Gayle

JAS78
14-06-2015, 03:18 PM

Swapping Gayle for Callum Wilson :D

Malarkey
14-06-2015, 03:20 PM

:moo:

pauldrulez
14-06-2015, 03:36 PM

I read this either in a paper or on Twitter at some point this week...

HARRY MONK
14-06-2015, 04:45 PM
I read this either in a paper or on Twitter at some point this week...

He's not signed a new contract at Bournemouth

I would imagine we would want cash and Wilson for Gayle

eagle69
14-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Bloody well hope so , what d'you reckon Wilson + 2M - 2.5M ?

Or more ?

rossi71987
14-06-2015, 05:52 PM
You would hope wilson isnt the number one target striker. Never played in prem and tbh i feel we could do better

cpfcfan1
14-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Why would sell Gayle for an unproven striker isn't that the problem that we don't have a striker who can score so why the flying pigs **** would we want Wilson? I mean shitting hell

HARRY MONK
14-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Gayle wants to play regular football so I guess would replace each other

the drexciyan
14-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Welcome back for the summer season Harry Monk.:lux:

DARZET EAGLE
14-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Bloody well hope so , what d'you reckon Wilson + 2M - 2.5M ?

Or more ?

At least double that, good value,mindful the nightmare McCormack fee of 12m paid by Foolham last year.

TAK
15-06-2015, 11:18 AM
I had to split this from another thread :)

Nice to see you Harry and thanks for the tips.

mroakley9
15-06-2015, 11:25 AM
At least double that, good value,mindful the nightmare McCormack fee of 12m paid by Foolham last year.

Are Bournemouth that stupid though?

Sp1Eagle
15-06-2015, 11:31 AM

His contract is until 2018 :rolleyes:

Malarkey
15-06-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't remember making this thread :D

Jim Cannon
15-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Who is your source Harry? Its just they have let you down so many times in the past

Richwak
15-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Why would they let Wilson one of their best performers last year go to us. He would be a useful player though.

Owngoal
15-06-2015, 12:05 PM
I know I mentioned this probably two weeks back that we had an offer turned down for him according to a local paper down there, so hardly new transfer news (may have been in the Gayle thread)

Flat Noodle
15-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Get Wilson in to replace Yala?

DARZET EAGLE
15-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Get Wilson in to replace Yala?

Very different style, so no.

TheCharmer1
15-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Probably replace Campbell.

Nigelbrag
15-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Many seem to underestimate Callum Wilson, he looks a very useful developing young player with lots of pace, good movement and a very good goalscoring track record, possibly not quite ready to step in as our main striker just yet. It's clear to see AP does not rate Gayle, so the best solution is to use him in any deal, I am really not sure what value either club would put on their player, Gayle 6m? Wilson 8m? a good back up striker option.

Martin H
15-06-2015, 03:13 PM
I have read about him but not seen him. watched the goal videos from last year and the one I saw reminded me of Gayle. The ones for Cov were often the big ball over the top for him to run onto which doesn't happen too often in the Prem. It was a short vid and so nothing like meaningful but I was hoping to see some sort of clever forward play rather than some tap ins but I will keep the faith. He looks very calm in front of goal, similar to Dwight.

Jordan's Jacket
15-06-2015, 03:17 PM
More of a one person tent signing than marquee

Alex-G
15-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Why would sell Gayle for an unproven striker isn't that the problem that we don't have a striker who can score so why the flying pigs **** would we want Wilson? I mean shitting hell

Are you suggesting Dwight Gayle is a proven striker then? Just asking, because at least Callum Wilson popped a good few more in than Dwight Gayle last season, doesn't get shoved off the ball and has a very decent work rate.

Worksop Palace
15-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Are you suggesting Dwight Gayle is a proven striker then? Just asking, because at least Callum Wilson popped a good few more in than Dwight Gayle last season, doesn't get shoved off the ball and has a very decent work rate.

Your wind up attempts just get worse

Friskey
15-06-2015, 07:09 PM
I have read about him but not seen him. watched the goal videos from last year and the one I saw reminded me of Gayle. The ones for Cov were often the big ball over the top for him to run onto which doesn't happen too often in the Prem. It was a short vid and so nothing like meaningful but I was hoping to see some sort of clever forward play rather than some tap ins but I will keep the faith. He looks very calm in front of goal, similar to Dwight.

He's quicker than Gayle and much, much, much, much, much stronger. The problem is they'll want 10-12m (maybe more).

chrisophiex
15-06-2015, 10:03 PM
More of a one person tent signing than marquee

:D

DARZET EAGLE
15-06-2015, 10:09 PM

Steady, it was in the championship remember.

Thefunkymonk
15-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Lad has potential to be very good, more powerful than gayle and equally as good finisher. Maybe as 3rd choice striker he wouldn't be a bad option at all especially if we get a bit of thrown in aswel

ianace
23-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Bournemouth fans really rate him, strong, very quick & holds the ball up well.

maestro
23-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Bournemouth fans really rate him, strong, very quick & holds the ball up well.

They would be mad to sell him at the moment, I just cant see it happening.

ianace
23-06-2015, 10:28 AM
They would be mad to sell him at the moment, I just cant see it happening.

Agreed, but you can understand why we are interested & are probably using Gayle as the bait?

HARRY MONK
23-06-2015, 10:41 AM
he turned down improved contract offer just before end of the season

jason7
23-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Is he any better than Dwight ? -dont think so
Does he have 2 years of experience in the premiership ?-no
will he hit the ground running for the new season ?-no
But watching this he does look a good finisher and strong and young .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSzMwdArKc

Duffle Coat
23-06-2015, 11:13 AM

On the evidence of YouTube, he looks a good player.

ianace
23-06-2015, 11:23 AM

I've not seen him play, but the Bournemouth supporters confirm he is excellent as the lone man upfront holding the ball up. Bournemouth play in the same style as us with 2 x wingers & 1 x CF. plus he scored 23 goals last season. They would be very disappointed to lose him.

Wandle_Eagle
23-06-2015, 11:49 AM
It's not even just that this guy is a lethal finisher, he is also very good at bringing other people in to play as evidenced by his assists. Think Cameron Jerome with more of an eye for a goal and an assist. Very much for this signing if we're interested. Imagine the pace upfront with Zaha Bolasie and Wilson all on the pitch at the same time.

jason7
23-06-2015, 11:52 AM
i hope this comes of ,yes i will feel gutted to loose Dwight because i think he is a bloody good player with some much more to offer and we wont get to see it.But this fella looks good and can play the lone striker role,and is Glen Murray mold ,who is young and ready to work hard to achieve his goal and we can offer him that platform.So its a yes from me.

TAK
23-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Before you all get carried away, please remember where this rumour has come from.

elgin eagle
23-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Who is your source Harry? Its just they have let you down so many times in the past

:)

Buckfast I reckon. Still a window without Monk is like Christmas without turkey.

Hambo
23-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Andy Gray recommended him to Palace when he was at Coventry but was essentially told he to give the details to an analyst who would feed info to the scouting network and they would decide whether to bid. They chose not to and he wasn't at all happy about how it went (that is my honest recollection of what AG said, I have it recorded somewhere!) - seems Andy was onto something that could have saved us a fair bit, but in fairness I think he needed his time at Bournemouth to properly develop. Very interesting player - would be happy if we could get him.

Martin H
23-06-2015, 12:22 PM
I have only seen highlights but still a bit nervous that this guy has scored goals where he can be put in on the goal, running behind the defenders. This rarely happens in the Premiership. I haven't yet found a clip of him making space in a crowded defence and scoring. Just a thought.

Mictor Voses
23-06-2015, 12:23 PM
On the evidence of YouTube, he looks a good player.

Check out Sanogo on YouTube whilst you're at it. He looks like a bigger, stronger version Didier Drogba

Owngoal
23-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Before you all get carried away, please remember where this rumour has come from.

He was a little late as it was picked up elsewhere a week or so before his scoop

Aaroncpfc
23-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Before the Arsenal / Swansea game they had a massive grovel to Eddie Howe feature on Monday Night Football. They did feature on Callum Wilson which showed that for the service he received he wasn't as prolific as the other strikers in the teams around them.

He's at a very good age to develop, but I think we're a step too high at the moment.

TAK
23-06-2015, 01:33 PM
He was a little late as it was picked up elsewhere a week or so before his scoop

Yes but he is the kiss of death to all rumours...

Owngoal
23-06-2015, 01:35 PM

If he keeps sticking a tail on the donkey, one day he will land it firmly up it's arse.....
Old Chinese Proverb about blind Monks

herts_palace
23-06-2015, 02:11 PM
If he keeps sticking a tail on the donkey, one day he will land it firmly up it's arse.....
Old Chinese Proverb about blind Monks
Monk always gets his man - or is that Gary Monk?:o

johnnytemper
23-06-2015, 02:30 PM

Any chance he could weigh in on the 'Scott Dann to Everton' prospect and kill that one off...? :)

Then again, that'd probably end up being the exception that proves the rule...! :sob:;)

Nigelbrag
23-06-2015, 02:37 PM
As i said before he would make a good developing back up striker as I don't feel he is quite ready just yet for the premiership. He reminds me of Chris Armstrong when he first joined, good movement, takes defenders wide to create space, is quick and scores goals.

maestro
23-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Andy Gray recommended him to Palace when he was at Coventry but was essentially told he to give the details to an analyst who would feed info to the scouting network and they would decide whether to bid. They chose not to and he wasn't at all happy about how it went (that is my honest recollection of what AG said, I have it recorded somewhere!) - seems Andy was onto something that could have saved us a fair bit, but in fairness I think he needed his time at Bournemouth to properly develop. Very interesting player - would be happy if we could get him.

http://www.laslow.net/reactiongifs/Batch03/Computer%20says%20no.gif

DARZET EAGLE
23-06-2015, 07:04 PM
As i said before he would make a good developing back up striker as I don't feel he is quite ready just yet for the premiership. He reminds me of Chris Armstrong when he first joined, good movement, takes defenders wide to create space, is quick and scores goals.

Just like Gayle.

Pistol Knight
23-06-2015, 07:07 PM

If Andy Gray had anything to do with it it would have involved a wheelbarrow full of cash..............

Nigelbrag
24-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Just like Gayle.

I understand what you are getting at, but the most important fact to remember is, as Gayle does not figure in AP plans made clear by constantly being ignored, then it is far more sensible for Gayle be used in any transfer dealings and moved on.
Fans need to accept our views on players mean nothing as to whether they should play or not, its the solely the managers decision/choice. Also if it means Wilson or whoever brought in is more suitable to the managers system, then fans need to put their bias aside and accept that.

Sceagle
26-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Will be going to a team that finished above us

Jim Cannon
26-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Will be going to a team that finished above us

who

Crouchey21
26-06-2015, 02:30 PM
who

He doesnt know - just saw a tweet from some bird on twitter.

croydonexile
26-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Twitter bird Amy saying top 6 club are in for him.

cpfcfan1
26-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Liverpool 😂

viking's no1
26-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I understand what you are getting at, but the most important fact to remember is, as Gayle does not figure in AP plans made clear by constantly being ignored, then it is far more sensible for Gayle be used in any transfer dealings and moved on.
Fans need to accept our views on players mean nothing as to whether they should play or not, its the solely the managers decision/choice. Also if it means Wilson or whoever brought in is more suitable to the managers system, then fans need to put their bias aside and accept that.

By that reckoning Nigel, we'll all be watching a bunch of old age cloggers under p!ss off Pulis. Fans don't need to accept anything and I maintain that Gayle is a goal scoring machine, when played in the right team. His goal ratio proves that.

chatham_eagle
26-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Twitter bird Amy saying top 6 club are in for him.

I browse the table and it is thus:

1 Arsenal
2 Aston Villa
3 Bournemouth
4 Chelsea
5 Crystal Palace
6 Everton

jackstacks
26-06-2015, 03:38 PM
I browse the table and it is thus:

1 Arsenal
2 Aston Villa
3 Bournemouth
4 Chelsea
5 Crystal Palace
6 Everton

"The table never lies".

However, on this occasion it surely is short-sighted. Top four finish surely.

Nigelbrag
26-06-2015, 04:34 PM
By that reckoning Nigel, we'll all be watching a bunch of old age cloggers under p!ss off Pulis. Fans don't need to accept anything and I maintain that Gayle is a goal scoring machine, when played in the right team. His goal ratio proves that.

There has to be a reason as to why he is not played even though as you say he has a good goals to games ratio, and that is down to the managers decision. That is why I suggest Gayle needs to be moved on as it would be best for all concerned, and if AP feels Wilson offers more of what we need, and Gayle can be used as part of any deal, then surely it must make sense.

Tripod 10
27-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Feel sorry for DG.
He is clearly a decent player but just unfortunate that he does not fit out style of play. He needs to play in a 442 through the middle with a partner,but that is very unlikely to happen much next season.
If he can be used as a make weight in a deal to bring a better suited forward to Selhurst then bring it on.

Sceagle
27-06-2015, 02:12 PM
He doesnt know - just saw a tweet from some bird on twitter.

Nope, through someone I know

arabian eagle
27-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes please. DG fan, but this guy seems better in the air just as quick and has cute touch in the box. Seems to work hard too. However can't see them letting him go unless it is Gayle + a few million. Would hope to sign a couple more as well.

Gathers54
27-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Nope, through someone I know

Is it Spurs who are interested? Otherwise can see Stoke maybe going in for him

Sceagle
02-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Rumours that we want him. Wouldn't be surprised if we swapped him for Gayle and money.

maestro
22-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Looked super impressive so far, an improved version of Gayle.

May be unrealistic but if Palace are after a big money striker id rather have Wilson than Austin.

st albans
22-08-2015, 10:51 PM
lol

Gathers54
22-08-2015, 11:00 PM
He does look impressive but he isn't coming here or going anywhere for that matter. Bournemouth won't sell one of their best players and they are looking to spend millions on a striker to strengthen. Selling him would diminish their chances of survival as they'd struggle getting someone else in to replace him. Its not going we'll for them as it is.

maestro
22-08-2015, 11:04 PM
He does look impressive but he isn't coming here or going anywhere for that matter. Bournemouth won't sell one of their best players and they are looking to spend millions on a striker to strengthen. Selling him would diminish their chances of survival as they'd struggle getting someone else in to replace him. Its not going we'll for them as it is.

I agree but he looks a better longer term option to me than Austin, even if Palace have to wait a year or so.

Definately a player to keep a close eye on.

Gathers54
22-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I agree but he looks a better longer term option to me than Austin, even if Palace have to wait a year or so.

Definately a player to keep a close eye on.

Yep I agree, especially if they go down. Some bigger clubs may come calling though

Jim Cannon
22-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Looked super impressive so far, an improved version of Gayle.

May be unrealistic but if Palace are after a big money striker id rather have Wilson than Austin.

Bournemouth won't be selling this season

cantspell
23-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Looked like an Ian Wright type player yesterday - 2 really first class finishes

Stellavista
23-08-2015, 03:29 PM
They'd go down without him. It's touch and go with him.

Stellavista
23-08-2015, 03:31 PM
West Ham are really quite poor, with a manager out of his depth.

Jim Cannon
23-08-2015, 03:48 PM
West Ham are really quite poor, with a manager out of his depth.

Ssshhh. But he could be avram grant in disguise. The red card count is fantastic

Mictor Voses
24-08-2015, 01:59 PM
They'd go down without him. It's touch and go with him.

You're probably spot on there.