PDA

View Full Version : Tonton Zola Moukoko

lees eagles
22-08-2002, 07:59 PM
I have been reading that Moukoko has been released by Derby!

This is nothing to do with the fact he is apparently good on Championship Manager, but should we try and offer him a trail?

At 16 Tonton was wanted by a host of top clubs; AC Milan, Juventus, PSV and of course Derby were all interested in the starlet.

Academy director John Peacock was expecting big things: "There's no doubt Tonton is a very talented footballer… He has some lovely qualities and skill on the ball and is capable of producing some excellent football… We hope that this talent will help him break through into the reserves and eventually the first team."

http://derbycounty.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=886&p=2&stid=8272116

I have read on a number of times how highly-rated he is!

Any thoughts, or does anyone know more about him?

GOD
22-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Never heard of him but he has a wicked name so sign him up, especially if he is good in CM! ;)

Roland Butter
22-08-2002, 08:06 PM
It has everything to do with CM , otherwise you would never had heard of him :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what he is really like?

brighton_eagle
22-08-2002, 08:06 PM
We should have a look at him.....he was highly rated before his move to Derby. Of course, perhaps he hasn't moved in the right direction in his time there. But he's only young, and could be worth a look.

davematt
22-08-2002, 08:07 PM
He is a great player on CM. But that does not mean he will become great in real life, but give him a trial with that sort of name

brighton_eagle
22-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Roland Butter
It has everything to do with CM , otherwise you would never had heard of him :rolleyes:

Well, the quote above about AC, PSV etc is true. He was very very highly rated at the time.

lees eagles
22-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Roland Butter

Do you honestly, think anyone would want us to have him on trail, just because of a fictional football game?:rolleyes: (I don't think so!!)

Symon10
23-08-2002, 06:36 PM
There has got to be some reason for him being good on this "fictional" football game. A game that has a scout for practically every club in the world who determins the stats through having watched each player playing - knowing their good and bad points.

Therefore i'd suggest generally if a player is good on this game they are likely to have *some* quality in real life.

brighton_eagle
23-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by lees eagles
Do you honestly, think anyone would want us to have him on trail, just because of a fictional football game?:rolleyes: (I don't think so!!)

No. But I actually have heard of Moukoko outside of Champ Man.

I'm sure there was an article on him in 442 some time ago, when he first signed for Derby. He was very highly rated by some of the best clubs in the world at that time.

Jon Thompson
23-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Ah, ton tonton tond le mouton!

Jimbo ?
23-08-2002, 10:39 PM
What Tosh!

What?
24-08-2002, 01:33 AM
Buy him, he will score bucketloads for seasons to come!

John.K
25-08-2002, 05:13 PM
See the rumour has gone dead!?:eek:

Sussex Eagle
25-08-2002, 05:59 PM
Champ Man is based on fact and he is a genuinely promising player, if we can give Joe Kuffour etc. a go, why not him?

Jaffa
26-08-2002, 08:01 PM
No, Champ Manager is based on the biased opinions of football fans, some of whom are more realistic in their assesments of players than others.

If we were to believe Champ Manager then we should be signing Mark Kerr, Kennedy Bakiroglu and Kim Kallstrom.

What?
26-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
No, Champ Manager is based on the biased opinions of football fans, some of whom are more realistic in their assesments of players than others.

If we were to believe Champ Manager then we should be signing Mark Kerr, Kennedy Bakiroglu and Kim Kallstrom.

YES! Lets get them! We should at least be looking at Mark Kerr! If we sign him i will go f'ing mental! He Is my main man on champ!

Justy C
26-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Whilst we're signing players based on ****ing computer games, lets sign Donald Nbuko, played for the Ivory Coast up front in the first ever EA Sports FIFA game on the Sega MegaDrive. Great touch, lightening quick, powerful shot and always a handful for the opposition.

Sorry, I'm in a crap mood. I just don't get it when people start wetting themselves about a player because he's done well for them in a computer game (not just this thread but everytime we're linked with a player).

Jimbo ?
26-08-2002, 10:38 PM
we wont have to play games soon - just get results from computers like lotto balls!

hairy beasts
27-08-2002, 12:35 AM
If we are signing fictional characters I'd like to see Roy Of The Rovers become Roy Of The Palace, I know he is getting on but all you'd need to do is rub out the wrinkles and beer belly and write a story line making him the best footballer in the world.

GUARANTEED PROMOTION :p :D

hellsbells
27-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by GOD
Never heard of him but he has a wicked name so sign him up

Yeah buy him and then when he scores the call and response will be wonderful with a name like that!

ok i need to get out more

What?
27-08-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by hellsbells

Yeah buy him and then when he scores the call and response will be wonderful with a name like that!

ok i need to get out more

OHHHHHHH YES! I hadnt thought of that! That is brilliant! Now we really MUST get him!

Walrus
27-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Jaffa

You've all missed the boat ! Stefan Selakovic is the God ! Play him in behind the front 2 and watch him win games single handed. Hard to meet his wage demands whilst in Division 1, but get him in, play him in a winning team so he becomes a happy chappy, then try and buy out his minimum fee clause with a nice juicy pay rise.

Oops, way off topic. Sorry :clown:

What?
27-08-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Walrus

You've all missed the boat ! Stefan Selakovic is the God ! Play him in behind the front 2 and watch him win games single handed. Hard to meet his wage demands whilst in Division 1, but get him in, play him in a winning team so he becomes a happy chappy, then try and buy out his minimum fee clause with a nice juicy pay rise.

He is god like, see Symon10 i told you! :p

Sussex Eagle
27-08-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Walrus

Naah, give 'im a non-promotion release and, if you can't go up with him you are a very bad player, and you've got a month before it comes into effect to re-negotiate. Tommy Jonnson from halmstad and about half of AIK from Sweden's squad are good bets too.

What?
27-08-2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle

Naah, give 'im a non-promotion release and, if you can't go up with him you are a very bad player, and you've got a month before it comes into effect to re-negotiate. Tommy Jonnson from halmstad and about half of AIK from Sweden's squad are good bets too.

Again Symon10! What did i say?

Latvian Eagle
28-08-2002, 06:19 PM
All this Champ Manager talk is silly, Salakovic, don't know much about him, Bakircioglü is good in that position. The point I'm trying to makeis that there is some truth. Kennedy Bakircioglü and Kim Källström are two of Sweden's best youngsters and are tipped for big things. I have to admit though, I hadn't heard of Tonton Zola Moukoko before CM, and on mine he was pretty sh@t. Oh well.

Robbie
28-08-2002, 06:23 PM
No stuff him. Sign ibrahim Bakayoko instead! Now, there's a player of class.

I suppose we could sign Sebastien Barnes (presumably still on a free transfer), Taribo West and Leo Fortune-West.

(Cough) (Cough) Boolloxs (Cough) (Cough)

E.X Moontoad
28-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hairy beasts
If we are signing fictional characters I'd like to see Roy Of The Rovers become Roy Of The Palace, I know he is getting on but all you'd need to do is rub out the wrinkles and beer belly and write a story line making him the best footballer in the world.

GUARANTEED PROMOTION :p :D

Trouble is he lost a foot in a helicopter crash a few years ago.
Erm, Derek Boateg anyone? He scored 40 goals for my Watford Div one champions on CM and is an international colleague of Tontons (for Ghana). Hopefully they would link up well for us and deliver 60+ goals between them.

Jaffa
28-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Basically the whole of the Swedish U21 squad is severely overrated. Anders Issakason is one of the best keepers in the game as well.

Latvian Eagle
28-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Sweden have some funny nationals. :confused:

Tonton Zola Moukoko (Swedish/Ghanaian)
Kennedy Bakircioglu (Swedish/Turkish)

I've also seen players who are Swedish/Venezuelan and Swedish/Syrian.

Walrus
29-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle

Yeah. Sven-Goran has been sowing his wild oats again.

Phil O'Sophical
29-08-2002, 01:45 AM

and Swedish/Carbohydrate (=Brolin)

Sussex Eagle
27-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Anyone know what's happened to him? Hope hes still on a free because apparantly the finances are going to get realistic on cm4!

Stockport_Eagle
28-11-2002, 01:36 PM
All this talk of signing players and running the club like a computer game. Rings a bell....

....the way these games usually work seems to be that you buy anyone you can as quickly as possible 'cause you need them for the start of the season (pay them what they want, don't bother wasting time negotiating) and hope it works. If it doesn't you throw the mouse at the screen turn the computer off and start again tomorrow...

How is Mark Goldberg these days???

palace_crystal
28-11-2002, 03:34 PM
mark goldburg is doing pretty well with TV jobshop down the road from me.

anyway mokouto played for dJurgarden or some other swedish team? i remember signing him on champ manager when he was 14 and scored on his debut in a friendly against man utd.

oh happy day :)

Kirby
29-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Symon10
There has got to be some reason for him being good on this "fictional" football game. A game that has a scout for practically every club in the world who determins the stats through having watched each player playing - knowing their good and bad points.

Therefore i'd suggest generally if a player is good on this game they are likely to have *some* quality in real life.

Harrison and Akinbiyi are quality on mine :confused: :eek: :D

Benzhiyi
29-11-2002, 03:50 PM

Apparently there are is a huge Turkish population in Sweden, similar to the high percentage of Turks in Switzerland which has led to players like the Yakin brothers having dual nationality.

Geezer
29-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Why is it that nearly everyones best players in champ after about 5/7 years is swedish/norweigen?

Mines a sorta healthy mix..

Gareth Parry(Gk)

David Woozley
Joleon lescott
Stefano Orlandi

Gareth Williams
Gary Mills
Svante Bowman
John de Jong
Andy Burgess

Peter Waatovara
Trond Frederick Ludvigsen