PDA

View Full Version : Popovic to join exodus?

The Omen
26-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Sky mentioned on goals on Sunday that our old friend Bruce is after Popovic.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. :rolleyes:

sydney eagle
26-08-2002, 02:49 PM
If this is true then it's really starting to give me the sh*ts. Bruce can feck off,if it's true then he's really taking the p*ss:grrr:

Riccardo
26-08-2002, 03:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hairy beasts
26-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
Sky mentioned on goals on Sunday that our old friend Bruce is after Popovic.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. :rolleyes:

Why the fukk did he leave, surely he could just have moved Palace to Brum. We can not afford to let Pops go he is an absolute rock in our defence.

How long has he left on his contract and was a price mentioned?

:veryangry

The Omen
26-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by hairy beasts

How long has he left on his contract and was a price mentioned?

:veryangry

It was mentioned when they showed his goal that was disallowed for hand ball. No price was mentioned.

Big Bird
26-08-2002, 05:29 PM
:sob: :sob: :sob:

Hope this is just pie in the Sky (pun) talk as we will really be in the mire if Popovic goes he was by far one of our best players on the pitch and I think we would have been even worse off on several matches had it not been for his pressence.
Please Pop dont leave us :(

AJ
26-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Popovic only signed last season, so, he has 2-3 years left. If Bruce wants him, then, let him pay what we want, not what he offers.

Justy C
26-08-2002, 06:29 PM
As someone said on another thread, the man has absolutely no imagination when it comes to signing new players (remember us being linked with Nico Vaesen at Huddersfield and de Zeuwe (sp?) from Wigan).

If we allow him to get Mullins and Popovic...:veryangry

biggus mickus
26-08-2002, 06:30 PM
We cant sell our top scorer!:rolleyes:

congress
26-08-2002, 06:31 PM
If WBA were willing to pay 4.5 million for Herman from Ipswich, Palace should be looking for more money than that.Popovic is a very good central defender which are hard to find. If Palace did sell him we might as well all go stopping to Selhurst this year as the season would already be over and will show to Palace fans that the club has no ambition.

People say that the prices for players has gone down but we got shafted when Brum bought Clinton Morrison, an international with a good goal scoring record from us.
Villas just bought Matthew Taylor from Leicester for about 3.5 million, who is well behind Clinton in value terms.

hairy beasts
26-08-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by The Omen

It was mentioned when they showed his goal that was disallowed for hand ball. No price was mentioned.

So how long has he got left on his contrat then?

PeterH
26-08-2002, 08:01 PM
5 days and counting.....

Streatham man
26-08-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Popovic only signed last season, so, he has 2-3 years left. If Bruce wants him, then, let him pay what we want, not what he offers.

How about not selling one of our most important players at all? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Omen
26-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by congress

Villas just bought Matthew Taylor from Leicester for about 3.5 million, who is well behind Clinton in value terms.

:confused:

Do you mean Matthew Piper who has just moved to Sunderland......?

RichieG
26-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Streatham man

How about not selling one of our most important players at all? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Everyone has their price.....or did you think we were the richest club in the game?

Jimbo ?
26-08-2002, 10:40 PM
do you really think we would get a reasonable amount for him

Walrus
27-08-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
do you really think we would get a reasonable amount for him

No, I don't think we would. It's a buyer's market, and what has he done (in the eyes of buying clubs) to justify a big fee ?

Just don't sell him, period.

Will S
27-08-2002, 12:40 AM
I saw Bruce quoted after Birmingham's defeat by Blackburn that he doesn't anticipate any further arrivals before the transfer window.

Mullins, Popovic and the tea lady to go then.

palacefan_72
27-08-2002, 02:10 AM
jesus christ! surely this cant be true?!?! hes our bets defender, and our top scorer! surely he cant go?

STEVIE BRUCE WOTTA ****** ******, STEVIE BRUCE WOTTA ****** WOTTA ******

scum of the earth that bloke, if he likes al our players so much who did he quit?

hong_kong_hg
27-08-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by palacefan_72
jesus christ! ... who did he quit?

Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Wigan and Crystal Palace.

AJ
27-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by hong_kong_hg

Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Wigan and Crystal Palace.
and Birmingham.....oops, that not until October:p

Bluewater eagle
27-08-2002, 06:04 PM
if this does happen , which i'm sure it wont then we just might as well give up. No more of our best players to go, if they do then i might go as well :grrr:

Cleon
27-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by biggus mickus
We cant sell our top scorer!

We already did!

Lords Eagle
27-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by AJ

and Birmingham.....oops, that not until October:p

Nah, he'll be sacked by then!:p

Latvian
27-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Someone get francis to lamp him! Then Id give trev vote of confidence!!

Please dont loose Popo PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PLEASE

ok then 18 million and Clint :p

Gazza2
27-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Popo is good on the floor and decent in the air when attacking but his defensive heading ability is TERRIBLE. He hardly wins any headers at the back, with the size of him he should win most things in the air. Ashley Ward has had him in his pocket in the last 2 games Bradford have played at Selhurst (0-0 draw this season and the luckiest ever home win I have witnessed when we beat them 2-0 in the previous season).

27-08-2002, 08:02 PM
4 Days to go and we've got him until Christmas at least!

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/fart.gif

What?
27-08-2002, 08:02 PM
If he goes to brum i will have to poke Bruce in the eye!

cpfcben
27-08-2002, 09:27 PM
popovic is a fantastic player, but i can't see him going to brum. bruce has been linked to all are players so i think the media are just putting 2+2 together and getting 5, i will believe it when i see it

brighton_eagle
27-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Is it just me or is Bruce panicking already? :)

fieldy
27-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Gazza2
Ashley Ward has had him in his pocket in the last 2 games Bradford have played at Selhurst (0-0 draw this season and the luckiest ever home win I have witnessed when we beat them 2-0 in the previous season).

ROFL!!!:D :D :D This is the most ludicrous f*ckin statement I have read on the BBS for quite some while, please tell me your joking? Popovic was outstanding against Ashley Ward a few weeks ago and had him in his pocket all night, not the other way round, this has to be a wind up surely? If it's not you seriously need to seek medical help for these sort of dillusions because you are talking complete bollox, nurse, nurse!!!:moo:

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
27-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Is it just me or is Bruce panicking already? :)

Yeah, he's in way over his head! :D

I was SO gutted Arsenal only got 2! That game looked like a total thrashing was on the cards!

And i hope we keep Popovic. He's class.