PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Giglio

tontonzola
29-08-2002, 03:37 PM
After careful consideration, i think that palace's best bet iz a dedicated, spirited, creative central midfielder, just like dennis wise but not!!!

We need a midfielder who iz commited to the club and creative enough 2 back up freedman who iz our only other really classy plaer @ the moment. I have been studying an attacking midfielder on champ and in real life called Stefan Giglio, he iz inspirational, dedicated and he iz playing/woz 4 a club in malta called valetta.

His value iz 2.3million and if we sell mullins (lets face it he hasn't done much good this season, through no real fault of his own) 2 birmingham we can splash out on giglio and push 4 promotion instead of playing end 2 end football wiv no midfield and score crappy goals from goal mouth scrambles.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who at the moment is dreading the rest of the season, we have a really challenging league with teams like derby, ipswich and leicester followed by tough games from brighton, millwall and wimbledon (not as tough but still!!!).

We need a captain who can lead the way in the centre of midfield and although Curtis is 1 of our better players he cant get the message across 2 our left sided players because he plays @ right bak.

Man utd have roy keane, liverpool have steven gerrard, chelsea have frank lampard, arsenal have patrik viera and leeds have lee bowyer. the top 6 teams of last years pemiership have a strong influental midfielder and that is wot palace need.

tontonzola
29-08-2002, 03:42 PM
And newcstle have kieron dyer!!! lets face it if we dont buck up in the midfield then we are going to end up fighting relagation again!!! And i for 1 dont want to spend my saturday afternoons cheering on a side who aren't even planning on staying in divsion 1!! we are a premiership club so lets play like 1!!!

COME ON U EAGLES!!!

PeterH
29-08-2002, 03:57 PM
What the heck does IZ mean? Its not even a shortened text message word. It was a place in a cartoon strip but thats all I can think of. Is (Iz) it a bit like laterz?

PT109
29-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Dear lazyboy. Sort your grammar out.

tontonzola
29-08-2002, 04:05 PM
IZ means "is" it shudn't be 2 hard 2 work out i dont think :)

Do u reckon man utd will loan us alex notman? he is a quality player who i have been looking at on champ for some time and he shudnt be too hard 2 get hold of???

WorthingEagle
29-08-2002, 04:14 PM
being good on Champ Manager doesn't mean they're good in real life. the research is sketchy and inconsistent; hence most Swedish players being overated and Pollock being a midfield genius.

Alex Notman doesn't play for Man United anymore. You need an update for Champ Manager! Last I heard he had signed for Norwich after being on loan at Aberdeen, and hasn't really made much of an impact there.

Justy C
29-08-2002, 04:16 PM
Tontonzola,

When you abbreviate words like a text message in a post, it annoys the hell out of a lot of people, myself included. There is no excuse as you have a keyboard in front of you and there is no limit on the number of characters you can use. It also means that some people ignore the points you are trying to make which is a shame.

Sorry mate, lecture over, but it drives me up the wall.

WorthingEagle
29-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Justy C

Yup, it is really annoying. You really don't do yourself any favours posting in this manner. Among the 12-16 year old Instant Messaging crowd it might look cool, but here it just puts you across as illiterate and as said above your posts won't get the attention they may deserve.

Lords Eagle
29-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by tontonzola
IZ means "is" it shudn't be 2 hard 2 work out i dont think :)

Then why not use IS? Why not use correct english then we wouldn't have to interpret your posts.

PeterH
29-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Tontonzola,

When you abbreviate words like a text message in a post, it annoys the hell out of a lot of people, myself included. There is no excuse as you have a keyboard in front of you and there is no limit on the number of characters you can use. It also means that some people ignore the points you are trying to make which is a shame.

Nuff said. And its just pure stupid to change words for sake if it when theres no abbreviation. Why not just type is. Or IZ it cause you IZ black or IZ it cause you wanna be black. Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jimbo ?
29-08-2002, 10:32 PM
I have been studying an attacking midfielder on champ

There lies 1 problem

His value iz 2.3million

There is another problem

Man utd have roy keane, liverpool have steven gerrard, chelsea have frank lampard, arsenal have patrik viera and leeds have lee bowyer. the top 6 teams of last years pemiership have a strong influental midfielder [/B]

AKI????

Jimbo ?
29-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Giglio

You having a laugh, right??

hairy beasts
30-08-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PeterH

Nuff said. And its just pure stupid to change words for sake if it when theres no abbreviation. Why not just type is. Or IZ it cause you IZ black or IZ it cause you wanna be black. Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Kick AZZ Pete, kick hiz lazy AZZ :p

What?
30-08-2002, 03:00 AM
The differance is the other players are good, Aki is not, and Aki is not a **** like the others!

As for the spelling and gramatical issues, leave him alone! He is young, he will learn!

Symon10
30-08-2002, 05:08 AM
Tontonzola,

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!

It's like his first post and why does it really matter if there is a slight variation through the use of abbreviation. It is blatantly obvious the meaning of what he is saying so it really does not matter!!!!

Nice hair tonton :p

Polish Prancer
30-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Lets hope we don't sign Muzzzzzzzzy IZ then.

tontonzola
30-08-2002, 04:49 PM
I would just like to apologise to all the people who i have offended by not using proper english! I will try very hard in the future to correct all my mistakes and not be so "lazy".

Alot of you are missing the point that Aki hasn't started for us yet, he doesnt have the speed he used too and lets face it, his challenging is a bout 5 seconds AFTER the ball has gone at the moment!!! No I don't think he should leave, I have always liked him as a player but we still need someone fresh who can inspire the rest of the team, because no-one is doing that at the moment.

Also I haven't been looking at him solely on champ because I kno alot of champ can be fictional (although scouts from all around the world can't get it too wrong!). I have searching like crazy finding information on him and have found out the following: He is maltese, he plays in the under 21 aquad, he still plays for valetta and he was voted best midfielder in malta last season, and also won top goal scorer out of all the players in malta. I do not think that is too bad for a midfielder of 21!!!

As for the money situation, at the moment a loan deal is alot more realistic until the transfer deadline has been lifted and hopefully we can unload some unwanted goods and make some money.

I would also like to say thank you to tactical genius for complimenting my hair!!! :)

sydney eagle
30-08-2002, 04:52 PM
I love watching people get crucified for posting in that text message way.It cracks me up every time:D:D

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
30-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
I love watching people get crucified for posting in that text message way.It cracks me up every time:D:D

Glad to hear that. Personally its annoying!

sydney eagle
30-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Cheerleader Observer

Glad to hear that. Personally its annoying! I find the whole "text speak" very annoying as well but I just find it funny the amount of sh*t people get for using it.:D

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
30-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Ah! Now I see what ya mean! :p

What?
30-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Hes only worth 75k on mine!

WorthingEagle
30-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by What?
Hes only worth 75k on mine!

As would Rivaldo be if he played for Valletta...sign him for a biggish club and his value will go through the roof...another flaw in Champ Manager that makes it that bit too easy.

Latvian Eagle
02-09-2002, 04:51 AM
I'm sorry but being good in the Maltese league doesn't mean anything. I'm sure I'd look international class playing for a Maltese club. The national teams record speaks volumes. Also SE London would be a culture shock for him, Malta isn't the most developed of countries. :rolleyes: I don't know of ANY Maltese players who have made it big.

Daniel_Nash
02-09-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
I don't know of ANY Maltese players who have made it big.

There was one with Kaiserslautern, a striker.. err... dunno his name. Look it up.*

Thing is.. Champ is a fictional game. The research is done by people in that country, it'd be like me making an assessment on an English player. I would rate him much higher than perhaps a Spaniard would.

Another thing is... Champ is often a random game. Players have random attributes, random values and the statistics are often wrong. For example, you might find that in one game Tonton Zola Mokouko, for example, is a world star within 5 yrs, and in another you might find he ends up playing for Sutton Utd, or even retiring because he had no club after years of being released by Derby.

Another another thing is... because it is a random game, it might be that the players are put in and no one has actually seen them play. For example, Cherno Samba at Millwall. Have you ever seen him play? yet he often signs for teams like Roma or Barcelona in CM.

* I looked it up. Michael Mifsud. Here (http://www.soccerassociation.com/cgi-bin/pinfo.cgi?28388)

Clapham Grand
02-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Would he not have a work permit problem - or does Malta qualify under EU rules for this purpose?

Latvian Eagle
02-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Would he not have a work permit problem - or does Malta qualify under EU rules for this purpose?

He could be like Kolinko and Rubins, they don't qualify as foreign as Malta are waiting to join the EU, and are an EEA country, or something like that.

Jaffa
02-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Coincidentally, Palace were linked with Michael Mifsud not that long ago....

pete eagle
02-09-2002, 06:23 PM
if he's that bloddy good why isn't he in the full national side already, they need all the help they can get. Also being voted the best midfielder in Malta really isn't anything spectacular