PDA

View Full Version : Julian Gray Rumour

hairy beasts
31-08-2002, 01:26 AM
You know how it goes, a friend of a friend........etc
I have just been told by a source close to one of Julian's old Arsenal buddy's that he won't be playing in any cup games.
Can you guess the reason? Thats right SJ is looking to cash in and doesn't want him cup tied.
I've always supported SJ and some of my previous posts will bear this out but if this is true I will go fukking mental.
So this is now an official JG cup watch thread.

10 Sept- Plymouth in the Worthigton cup will he play or will he
[list=1]
Be injured
Be rested
[/list=1]

:eek: :( :sob:

Batsta
31-08-2002, 01:28 AM
I hope we rest him for the Champions Leauge matches:)

Sir JB
31-08-2002, 01:28 AM
I really hope your wrong as we have missed a player with creativity.

PT109
31-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Don't be surprised...we ain't got no cash!

Jimbo ?
31-08-2002, 02:53 AM
with all these deadlines - i doubt this - it would be crazy not to play him in the event of someone specifically wanting him at christmas!! thats not to say he wont go - just he wont be rested for the cup!!

John.K
31-08-2002, 02:56 AM
Would not be suprised!:sob:

pedro
31-08-2002, 03:52 AM
Any chance we can rest him for the League games as well?

Officer Dibble
31-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Given that this is the last year of his contract, it could well be that the club are looking to sell.
However, the transfer window for premier clubs closes tonight and lasts until Christmas. Therefore Julian would then be only 5 months away from being a free agent and able walk away from the club next May for nothing.
So avoiding being cup tied in the Worthington doesn't seem to matter that much.

PeterH
31-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Story sounds a bit silly. I am sure a Prem club could play their cup games without someone like J Gray. At least they will not be planning for someone who is still a nobody in football terms, four months in advance.

Sept 10 he will still be recovering from injury.

I just cannot believe that a manager has said to SJ, oh when that Gray is fit we will give you a couple of Mil for him.

Now whether this is all stemming from Gray is another matter. Was he shy at the players do when the fans gave him a standing ovation or was he just not interested in being there. Maybe a bit of a hyper opinion of himself, maybe its all bollix again.

Shame if the two promising youngsters from Arsenal of a couple of seasons ago both go without fulfilling an inkling of potential in a Palace shirt. But hey thats why we all support Palace eh...... Dyer, McKenzie, Rizzo, Rubens (?).

pete eagle
31-08-2002, 05:11 PM
i think he'll play in the game against Plymouth as his first senior team game of the season. He might get only half an hour but it will be enough to give him some more match fitness for the League.

arussell
02-09-2002, 04:10 AM
Sounds absolute nonsense to me. I think you'll find he won't be risked till Wolves anyway.

No doubt "It wasn't Me" will have something to say on the subject shortly.

Luckyboy
02-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by hairy beasts

10 Sept- Plymouth in the Worthigton cup will he play or will he
[list=1]
Be injured
Be rested
[/list=1]

:eek: :( :sob:

He'll play, then we'll know hes out of favour if he's fielded in the worthless

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
02-09-2002, 05:29 PM
Could work both ways. If he plays, then it either means we want to keep him or that he's not that important if he just plays in the Worthington cup.

Or

We dont play him which either means we're selling him when the transfer window opens again or that he's being rested for the big league games.

Hmmmm. Which is the truth?!!!

Dave
02-09-2002, 05:31 PM
We really miss Julians goals this year not to mention his pin point crosses and assists for goals.

Bartman
02-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dave
We really miss Julians goals this year not to mention his pin point crosses and assists for goals.

I'm with you on that one Dave.;)

dannyturner
02-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Thinks you should choose your friends of friends more carefully.:p

pete eagle
02-09-2002, 05:44 PM

but he scares the cr@p out of defences when he runs at them. This is the point, no-one is attacking the opposition back line at the moment and Julian can do this.

02-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle

but he scares the cr@p out of defences when he runs at them. This is the point, no-one is attacking the opposition back line at the moment and Julian can do this.

Spot on!

We aint got nothing at the mo to make something happen. God we need him back so we can all stop reading our 80 page program and actually watch the game! (See, Ive realised why the program is now SO big, to give us something to do between 3-5pm on a Saturday when we sit there and Dont want to watch such Rubbish on the pitch!)

pedro
02-09-2002, 08:42 PM

I am sorry but it is comments like these that make me go off on one and then get abused by you lot for speaking my mind and in some cases the stone cold truth. Whilst I admit his running at defenders does cause the opposition problems the comments made above are a joke. How on earth can you say we are missing his goals, he only scored about three all of last season, and as forl his crosses, you could call them alot of things but pin point is not one of them unless he was deliberately aiming for Row 30 of the Holmesdale Lower Tier for most of them. Finally, his goal assists were not much better than his goals scored so that comment makes no sense either. Without doubt Gray's running with the ball adds a whole new dimension to our game because it stretches the oppositon and causes players to get out of position.It is from this point on that he needs to improve his game so that he can take advantage of the opportunities his pace has created. If he can work on that final cross/pass so that we do benefit in the way of goals then he may well earn the over the top praise that is heaped on him. I am not whinging but stating a fact and I for one will be as pleased as everyone else when he adds that second part to his game as it will be Palace (if he is still here) who will benefit from it.

pedro
02-09-2002, 08:43 PM

I am sorry but it is comments like these that make me go off on one and then get abused by you lot for speaking my mind and in some cases the stone cold truth. Whilst I admit his running at defenders does cause the opposition problems the comments made above are a joke. How on earth can you say we are missing his goals, he only scored about three all of last season, and as forl his crosses, you could call them alot of things but pin point is not one of them unless he was deliberately aiming for Row 30 of the Holmesdale Lower Tier for most of them. Finally, his goal assists were not much better than his goals scored so that comment makes no sense either. Without doubt Gray's running with the ball adds a whole new dimension to our game because it stretches the oppositon and causes players to get out of position.It is from this point on that he needs to improve his game so that he can take advantage of the opportunities his pace has created. If he can work on that final cross/pass so that we do benefit in the way of goals then he may well earn the over the top praise that is heaped on him. I am not whinging but stating a fact and I for one will be as pleased as everyone else when he adds that second part to his game as it will be Palace (if he is still here) who will benefit from it. :rolleyes:

Axie
02-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Pedro, I believe Dave was being ironic.

El Aguila
02-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Well done for posting that twice, Pedro.

WorthingEagle
02-09-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by pedro

Whilst I admit his running at defenders does cause the opposition problems the comments made above are a joke.

Yes, they were a joke...:p

Dave
02-09-2002, 08:51 PM
:D Pedro funny :D

bobmatt
02-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Pedro - Thank you for cheering me up, that post has put the first smile of the day on my face.

pedro
02-09-2002, 09:24 PM
B@stards!!!!
I have had a pi$$ awful day and when I saw that comment I went gaga. I was surprised because it was Dave that posted it and he normally talks sense but I had lost all rational thinking and just spat the dummy. At least I have got all season to get my own back! The funny thing is I was trying to put some positive points in as well so it didn't come across as another mindless attack. Next time I will read all the posts first. Gits!!!

Gooders
02-09-2002, 09:30 PM
All of our players look much better when they're not in the team.

:eek:

SHiggins
02-09-2002, 09:42 PM
His pace makes him a threat going forward and gives him the ability to get back and use his height to make useful headed clearances at the far post. Obviously needs to work on his crossing and shooting but he has some potential so lets stick with him.

02-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
All of our players look much better when they're not in the team.

:eek:

And the Quote of the day award goes to.....!

:p

917L
04-09-2002, 11:48 AM
B@stards!!!!
I was surprised because it was Dave that posted it and he normally talks sense

You must be thinking of someone else!;) :rolleyes:

palacefan_72
04-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Story sounds a bit silly. I am sure a Prem club could play their cup games without someone like J Gray. At least they will not be planning for someone who is still a nobody in football terms, four months in advance.

Sept 10 he will still be recovering from injury.

I just cannot believe that a manager has said to SJ, oh when that Gray is fit we will give you a couple of Mil for him.

Now whether this is all stemming from Gray is another matter. Was he shy at the players do when the fans gave him a standing ovation or was he just not interested in being there. Maybe a bit of a hyper opinion of himself, maybe its all bollix again.

Shame if the two promising youngsters from Arsenal of a couple of seasons ago both go without fulfilling an inkling of potential in a Palace shirt. But hey thats why we all support Palace eh...... Dyer, McKenzie, Rizzo, Rubens (?).

at the players do, i asked him whether he would be staying or not and he said to me he would like to negoitiate a new contract! :afro:

pedro
04-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by palacefan_72
at the players do, i asked him whether he would be staying or not and he said to me he would like to negoitiate a new contract! :afro:

Everyone would like to negotiate a new contract because, for most of them, this game is about money. The issue here is whether these negotiations will ever get off the ground as I believe he has thoughts above his station and any deal offered by SJ will be way below his expectation. If he reads the crap you lot say about him he will be expecting to be on around 75k a week as he will argue that he is as important to us as Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira are to their clubs. Add to this 'image rights' and the clause stating that he must always remain the highest player at the club and the fact he can go for a pittance when a Premiership club come in for him (he wishes) makes me feel that Mr Gray's new year resolution will be to move clubs. Taxi for Gray!!

glaziers fan
04-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Any chance we can rest him for the League games as well?

Hopefully he'll be injured for TF's next few matches! Then he can come back into the team when TF has been sacked, and fire us into the premiership!

Daddy Long
04-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Everyone would like to negotiate a new contract because, for most of them, this game is about money.

Or perhaps he would like to negotiate a new contract because he has less than a year left on his present deal.....

Matty
04-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Presupposes that a player loses value by being cup tied for the worthless cup.

It wasn't me!
05-09-2002, 01:58 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!!

There is no truth into this matter whatsoever!!!

Also he won't be playing this match as he's ankle is still sore after getting hurt in the reserve match.:hmph:

Raoul Duke
05-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!

Great news! :p

Any news on JG signing a new contract though?

pedro
05-09-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Or perhaps he would like to negotiate a new contract because he has less than a year left on his present deal.....

I am sorry but I doubt he will ever sign a new contract at Palace. From day one he made it clear we were just a stepping stone in his career and I expect to see him leave sooner rather than later, maybe even in January.

Walrus
06-09-2002, 01:03 AM
I am sorry but I doubt he will ever sign a new contract at Palace. From day one he made it clear we were just a stepping stone in his career and I expect to see him leave sooner rather than later, maybe even in January.

Well, in terms of what he's actually delivered he hasn't exactly made many forward steps has he.

Potential yes, delivery ? No.

Expect Bobby Robson to gamble on him then :)

hairy beasts
07-09-2002, 07:55 PM

Also he won't be playing this match as he's ankle is still sore after getting hurt in the reserve match.:hmph:
I hope your right, but only time will tell

It wasn't me!
09-09-2002, 02:13 PM
Of course I'm right. Palace want him to play tomorrow, but as it stands he's foot is still hurting basically he got cut on his scar. He hasn't trained all week and doesn't want to come back when he's not 100%.

The phsyio is going to strap his ankle today and hope he'll be able to train. If he's ok he'll more than likely be part of the squad.

By the way, who was the arsenal player?

John.K
09-09-2002, 10:17 PM
If he does have one year left on his contract best to sell him in January if he does not want to stay at the Palace! Will be missed greatly if he goes but if Rubins was playing it the pain would be reduced Rubins could fill his role!

Baloo
10-09-2002, 05:57 PM
It Wasn't Me! has spoken. End of thread.

(Thanks, IWM! :p )

It wasn't me!
10-09-2002, 06:20 PM
It's ok, any time. ;)

arussell
10-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Unless something serious happens - Gray will be playing against Millwall tomorrow, as that's the main reason the match has been arranged.

hairy beasts
10-09-2002, 07:16 PM
It's ok, any time. ;)

It was a member of the youth team at arsenal, I wasn't given his name despite almost begging for it. Hope that clears things up for you

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by arussell
Unless something serious happens - Gray will be playing against Millwall tomorrow, as that's the main reason the match has been arranged.

It's unlikely he'll be playing today as he had an appointment with the surgeon this morning.

Sunny Fan
11-09-2002, 02:57 PM
It's unlikely he'll be playing today as he had an appointment with the surgeon this morning. Has he had a setback?:(

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 02:58 PM
It was a member of the youth team at arsenal, I wasn't given his name despite almost begging for it. Hope that clears things up for you

The information is very false. If a first team player had said it, he may have heard something from the grapevine but as far as Julian is aware this is not the case. Especially since palace were trying their hardest to make him play yesterday.

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Has he had a setback?:(

Maybe, but it's more out of precaution than anything else. He's aiming to be back for saturday but saying that it's only two days away.

Sunny Fan
11-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Maybe, but it's more out of precaution than anything else. He's aiming to be back for saturday but saying that it's only two days away. Cool. Tell him to relax, it's three days away;)

hairy beasts
11-09-2002, 05:33 PM
The information is very false. If a first team player had said it, he may have heard something from the grapevine but as far as Julian is aware this is not the case. Especially since palace were trying their hardest to make him play yesterday.
Where do you get your info from? Do you know JG?

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Where do you get your info from? Do you know JG?

Got many contacts within the football industry. From Premiership - Conference.!;)

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Cool. Tell him to relax, it's three days away;)

Dont think it matters how many days away it is as it looks very unlikely he'll be playing.:grrr:

El Aguila
11-09-2002, 06:12 PM
the football industry.
Gawd!!!!!! I remember when it was only a game!

It wasn't me!
11-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila

Well there is more to football than 90 minutes.

Elephant with mouse gyp
11-09-2002, 06:18 PM

I didn't realise you were over a hundred years old.

Funnily enough, I had a dream last night that Palace changed names to the Corinthian Casuals in a bid to attract the support of all those fed up with how football has changed in recent years. Unfortunately, Dermot Murnaghan (I think my dream director confused him with that Irish bloke who does sensationalised undercover journalism) exposed the scheme as a fairly obvious marketing ploy and all the new fans dug up the pitch in their righteous anger.

All the best to Julian.

El Aguila
11-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
I didn't realise you were over a hundred years old.

Funnily enough, I had a dream last night that Palace changed names to the Corinthian Casuals in a bid to attract the support of all those fed up with how football has changed in recent years. Unfortunately, Dermot Murnaghan (I think my dream director confused him with that Irish bloke who does sensationalised undercover journalism) exposed the scheme as a fairly obvious marketing ploy and all the new fans dug up the pitch in their righteous anger.

All the best to Julian.
Whatever it is you take before you go to bed - can I have some? I suppose this ended with EWMG storming the Director's box from his newly dug trench?
And who is Dermot wotsit?

Elephant with mouse gyp
11-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Dermot - new BBC breakfast news frontman.

Sadly, the only time I featured in the dream was when I watched over the shoulder of a fan who was literally drooling over the new club name in its embossed state on the front of the programme. Later, he took to stroking and tracing his spittle into the raised letters in a nasty, pervy sort of way.

Tip on remembering dreams: drink lots before you go to bed. That'll make you wake in the middle of the night, right in the middle of a dream.

hairy beasts
12-09-2002, 01:27 AM
Elephant with mouse gyp, get yourself along to Broadmoor you will find somebody there who understands your problem.:eek:

El Aguila
12-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Tip on remembering dreams: drink lots before you go to bed. That'll make you wake in the middle of the night, right in the middle of a dream.
Alcoholic drink? Just before bedtime, you say? Very well - I shall certainly try that. What would you say would be the average recommended dose for a fairly large adult?

Gooders
12-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Dermot - new BBC breakfast news frontman.

I met him at a conference a year ago. Nice guy. Very tall and walks a bit "hunched up".

Like me he was nipping out for a ciggie during the breaks. I got his autograph for my mother-in-law. :o

lightweight
13-09-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by arussell

what serious thing happened then?

According to the programme the plan was for him to return to training by the end of the week

let's hope he's back soon anyway - could have done with some of his crosses etc recently!

Ollie Ox
13-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by lightweight

According to the programme the plan was for him to return to training by the end of the week

let's hope he's back soon anyway - could have done with some of his crosses etc recently!
Cue Pedro.....

Elephant with mouse gyp
13-09-2002, 03:52 PM
Alcoholic drink? Just before bedtime, you say? Very well - I shall certainly try that. What would you say would be the average recommended dose for a fairly large adult?

How did it go, then?

Coincidentally, in last night's episode, Bart Simpson used the same ploy in order to wake up early on Christmas Day. He ended up burning down the tree and impoverishing his family. Hope you had better luck.

(No, it doesn't have to be alcohol, you old soak, just any liquid that makes you want to wee wee.)

El Aguila
13-09-2002, 03:58 PM
How did it go, then?

I couldn't sleep. The dwarves kept telling jokes and the dancing bears kept treading on my toes.
I'll try again tonight.

It wasn't me!
13-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by lightweight

nothing serious although he hasn't trained for the last two weeks. Have a look at his website that way you'll find out more

http://www.eworldsports.co.uk/juliangray/index.htm

muffdaddy
13-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Not only is he a great attacking player, but he tracks back superbly as well. We certainly miss that on the left flank. I hope in Gray's prolonged absence Francis sees sense and gives Routledge more opportunities.

Baloo
14-09-2002, 02:46 AM
nothing serious although he hasn't trained for the last two weeks. Have a look at his website that way you'll find out more

http://www.eworldsports.co.uk/juliangray/index.htm

Good website. Encourage him to keep it up to date - I'll be a regular visitor. :p

freekickuk
19-09-2002, 03:51 AM
gray played for reserves today in the 1-0 win and lasted 90 mins
(goal scored by rubins)

hairy beasts
23-09-2002, 03:47 AM
Spurs to buy Gray in January, another rumour I know but no smoke without fire.

pedro
23-09-2002, 12:27 PM
I wish it were true but I cannot see it. They have Matthew Etherington on the left at the moment and he is just as young as Gray but twice as good so what would be the point.

hairy beasts
23-09-2002, 02:40 PM
I wish it were true but I cannot see it. They have Matthew Etherington on the left at the moment and he is just as young as Gray but twice as good so what would be the point.

You're obviously not a JG fan but I think he is one of our more exciting players even if he does still need to work on some areas of his game such as crossing. He is young and will improve and I'd like to see that happen at Palace.

Glazed&Confuzed
23-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Officer Dibble
Given that this is the last year of his contract, it could well be that the club are looking to sell.
However, the transfer window for premier clubs closes tonight and lasts until Christmas. Therefore Julian would then be only 5 months away from being a free agent and able walk away from the club next May for nothing.
So avoiding being cup tied in the Worthington doesn't seem to matter that much.

Yes, I think that's it. JG has apparently turned down a new contract with the club and so he can leave in the Summer on a free so it makes sense to move him on if we can and the less obstructions the better.:p

It will be sad to see him go but things happen.:(

It wasn't me!
23-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Glazed&Confuzed
Yes, I think that's it. JG has apparently turned down a new contract with the club and so he can leave in the Summer on a free so it makes sense to move him on if we can and the less obstructions the better.:p

It will be sad to see him go but things happen.:(

Julian can't leave on a free as he's under 24.

Glazed&Confuzed
23-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Julian can't leave on a free as he's under 24.

So that dashes that one.....:(

How old is he?

Psychokiller
23-09-2002, 05:51 PM

It wasn't me!
23-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Anyway, there is no truth in this rumour either. If there is Julian is the last to know about it.

Baloo
23-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Anyway, there is no truth in this rumour either. If there is Julian is the last to know about it.

That's reassuring, although we should never assume the player knows anything about what the club plans for him....

IWM, I assume Julian enjoyed being back in the first team on Saturday? We certainly made enough noise to emphasise that we've missed him :p

Beanie
24-09-2002, 07:06 PM
..........another rumour I know but no smoke without fire.

After all the rubbish and pointless rumours that have abounded recently this is a truly amazing statement!! :rolleyes:

I have no idea if this one is true or not, but the boards have been choked with smoke and not a spark in sight in most cases. (Not that I opposed to smoke, it keeps us ticking over:p )