PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harsley

Walrus
01-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Who ?

Centre midfielder at Northampton Town. Seen them 3 times this year, and every game he's been the only midfielder on the park. Doesn't spray the ball around though but he has good touch and technique, can thread passes through crowded midfields, has a trick or two and has a great "drop of the shoulder" and turn when receiving a pass with a clogger on his back.

Certainly not a defensive midfielder although he worked very hard for the team when the Cobblers had to fight for an hour of the game with 10 men. He doesn't really make many runs past the strikers, but does surge up from midfield with the ball at his feet occasionally and links the play nicely from his defenders to the front men - when Northampton aren't hoofing it over his head to Marco Gabba that is.

He's stood out every time I've seen him this season, and while I'll readily admit that Div 2 isn't always the place for admiring midfielder's technique I'd wager a fair sum that he'd enhance our squad.

And Northampton need any sort of money !

Walrus
01-09-2002, 12:56 AM
Grrr.....double post, sorry.

John.K
01-09-2002, 12:58 AM
Only need to read it once!

Jimbo ?
01-09-2002, 02:48 PM
and now we can forget it - i think we ave survived deadline day without anyone else going!

Walrus
01-09-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
and now we can forget it - i think we ave survived deadline day without anyone else going!

I'm quite sure that we'll still need more quality in the centre of midfield come Christmas and the next transfer window.:(

Skin Up
01-09-2002, 07:17 PM
Good call, while we're at it Jamie Forrester would be a good signing from Cobblers.

Panther
01-09-2002, 11:36 PM
I should have thought we had enough old Cobblers at Palace already.

Walrus
02-09-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Skin Up
Good call, while we're at it Jamie Forrester would be a good signing from Cobblers.

JF is a bit like Dougie without quite as much ability. One Doog is enough I think, but yes Forrester is a tidy player and stands out at NTFC.