PDA

View Full Version : End of Transfers

The Vicar
01-09-2002, 09:22 PM
My view is we should not acquire any more players until Francis is gone. He's not going to be around for long -- save the investment until a new manager comes in.

Francis out!

Farnboro' Eagle
01-09-2002, 09:32 PM
well we can't buy anyone agin until january, so let's wait and see if TF is in charge then!

Roland Butter
01-09-2002, 10:20 PM
i dont think FIFA have made a decision yet on wether it should apply to nationwide clubs yet have they?

I could be wrong, does anyone KNOW?

Ralph
01-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Nationwide Clubs have been told they can continue to trade until FIFA pull their finger out and come to a decision...but nonetheless well done for starting yet another Francis Out thread.

LOUSTA
01-09-2002, 11:46 PM
HERE HERE. WHY WASTE VALUABLE TIME AND MONEY ON BRUMMIE REJECTS. FRANCIS'S WIRY HEAD ON A PLATE PLEASE.

Holmesdale Boy
02-09-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by LOUSTA
HERE HERE. WHY WASTE VALUABLE TIME AND MONEY ON BRUMMIE REJECTS. FRANCIS'S WIRY HEAD ON A PLATE PLEASE.
Those Brummie rejects got them to the play off finals, is it me or has no one got the message Francis is going no were were just going to have to live with it and get behind the team.

RichieG
02-09-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy

Those Brummie rejects got them to the play off finals, is it me or has no one got the message Francis is going no were were just going to have to live with it and get behind the team.

No it's not just you - there seems to be quite alot of people who think Simon Jordan is stupid enough to sack a manager after 6 league games.

FFS, last time we started a season like this we went up!

The Vicar
02-09-2002, 03:20 AM
It's not 6 games! Francis has been around for 9 months, and there's been nothing positive at all in that time frame!

PT109
02-09-2002, 03:26 AM
Dear LOUSTA.
Yawn.
If you were in charge, would you make sure that anyone who played for CPFC was born in Croydon or its surrounding area?

Walrus
02-09-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by The Vicar
It's not 6 games! Francis has been around for 9 months, and there's been nothing positive at all in that time frame!

You are joking right ? Results aren't going well for sure 'cos the goals have dried up at the moment, but can you seriously say that the CPFC squad has not improved by a pretty big margin over what we had ?

Granted the football hasn't :D

As PT109 says, YAWN.

LOUSTA
02-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by PT109
Dear LOUSTA.
Yawn.
If you were in charge, would you make sure that anyone who played for CPFC was born in Croydon or its surrounding area?

YUP - JUST LIKE ATLETICO BILBAO WANTED TO ONLY PLAY BASQUE PEOPLES, PALACE SHOULD ONLY PLAY CROYDONAINS. JUST THINK WE'LL BE PROPPING UP THE RYMANS LEAGUE SOUTH IN NO TIME WITHOUT OUT THE HELP OF THE WIRY HAIRED CHAP.

brighton_eagle
02-09-2002, 04:00 PM
STOP SHOUTING......

thanks.

Is there really any need for this thread? Or maybe we could open a TF out forum, where all those highly experienced football manager type people can come up with all the different reasons why they know better than anyone else.

PT109
02-09-2002, 04:01 PM
...and just like Yorkshire with their cricketers

Thin on Top
02-09-2002, 04:08 PM

It used to be that Yorkshire only employed cricketers born in the home county. That rule changed a number of years ago, hence the overseas players we've brought in. Also, Michael Vaughan is actually from Lancashire, and an avid Man Utd fan, but we'll let him off if Yorks stay up this year.

One Mathew Elliot.......There's Only One Mathew Elliot !!!

LOUSTA
02-09-2002, 04:09 PM

WRONG SPORT CHIEF. BUT GOOD POINT.

LOUSTA
02-09-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
STOP SHOUTING......

thanks.

Is there really any need for this thread? Or maybe we could open a TF out forum, where all those highly experienced football manager type people can come up with all the different reasons why they know better than anyone else.

iS tHiS bEtTeR? fRaNcIs OuT.

PT109
02-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Sorry Thin on, I should've been more elaborate.
My point was that Yorkshire were pretty dire until they relaxed the rules and let 'foreigners' play for them...much to the disgust of 'Fiery' Fred Truman et al.

Cleon
02-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy
Those Brummie rejects got them to the play off finals

For the sake of arguing the toss, I would say that those Brummie rejects continually lost them play-off games, until Bruce came in and 'ejected' them.

brighton_eagle
02-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by LOUSTA

iS tHiS bEtTeR? fRaNcIs OuT.

Not if you want me to read any of your posts.

:)

Thin on Top
02-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Sorry Thin on, I should've been more elaborate.
My point was that Yorkshire were pretty dire until they relaxed the rules and let 'foriegners' play for them...much to the disgust of 'Fiery' Fred Truman et al.

Difficult to agree with the term "dire" as we were always in the top four of the championship. Also won the B&H cup in 85. We were probably at our worst over the last ten years or so when we had Tendulkar as our overseas player !! And Richie Richardson didn't exactly pull up many trees.

Had to chuckle though at the comments of Trueman though, by the end of his constant ranting you could have rung one of those horrible shirts of his and supplied enough water to run a small town.

PT109
02-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Wicked.
Between ouselves Thin On, I think we have found a niche.

Shall we turn this thread into a cricket discussion...that way all the juveniles, whingers, and people with delusions of grandeur on this board will find it difficult to hijack - it could be "TF OUT" free!

Was it Parky who insisted that his son was born within Yorkshires boundaries just in case he might have been good enough to play for them?

Thin on Top
02-09-2002, 04:40 PM
If my memory serves me right, I believe that to be true.

I think I might have to slip a quick "what the h*ll is Francis doing" or a "Francis Out" into this discussion, as we seem to be talking a little to rationally !!

PS This thread may become slightly more aggressive over the next few days, as we entertain Leicestershire on Wednesday in a do-or-die fixture, so therefore I extend my apologies in advance !!

Men At Work
02-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Shall we turn this thread into a cricket discussion...that way all the juveniles, whingers, and people with delusions of grandeur on this board will find it difficult to hijack - it could be "TF OUT" free!

Given the way India have come back into the Test series the only thing to say is...

...Hussain OUT :angel:

LOUSTA
02-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Wicked.
Between ouselves Thin On, I think we have found a niche.

Was it Parky who insisted that his son was born within Yorkshires boundaries just in case he might have been good enough to play for them?

GIVE IT A REST CHIEF. THIS IS STAYING AS A TF OUT DISCUSSION. SO HELP ME TREV.

Parkice
02-09-2002, 07:36 PM
After yet another dire performance my Bluenose supporting mate said "NOW do you see the sh_t we had to put up with for all those years!!!!!"

FRANCIS OUT!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
02-09-2002, 07:50 PM
So, what are you trying to say exactly Parkice ?

:p

Parkice
02-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Brum supporters had to put up with the exact cr@p that we are seeing this season for 5 years... never mind this "he got them to the playoffs....." HE NEVER GOT THEM UP!

02-09-2002, 07:54 PM
And now they're in the premiership, have their first win under their belt and dare I say it, have a manager that knows what he's doing!

Parkice
02-09-2002, 07:56 PM
now that is different..... getting there is hard enough... maintaining premiership status is another matter.... one step at a time..... FRANCIS OUT!

Parkice
02-09-2002, 07:57 PM
oops!

Jimbo ?
02-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Farnboro' Eagle
well we can't buy anyone agin until january, so let's wait and see if TF is in charge then!

End of speculation about us buying, and selling!!! great news - TF will have gone by then i think (i hope)

03-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

End of speculation about us buying, and selling!!! great news - TF will have gone by then i think (i hope)

We can only hope on both accounts!

:)

LOUSTA
04-09-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Parkice
After yet another dire performance my Bluenose supporting mate said "NOW do you see the sh_t we had to put up with for all those years!!!!!"

FRANCIS OUT!
HALLELUJAH. F@CK OFF FRANCIS. DEATH TO BRIGHTON SCUM. NO MORE NORTHERN CRACKET TALK.