PDA

View Full Version : David Batty Rumour

yorkshire eagle
02-09-2002, 08:38 PM
please plaese do not shot the messanger.just off the phone to a friend today who is a fanatical leeds utd fan and member of the east coast surporters club. he says hes heard it on good authority that a london based first division club tried to take batty on a 3 months loan last week. aperently leeds said thay were more than happy to do buisness but the player wanted something more perminant. he says that batty is not in venables plans. he knows ime a palace fan and has tried to find out if its us or scumwall:rolleyes: now hes on the leval and i dont doubt his info for one moment but think its probably them not us. however thorght it was worth passing on. also he said he thorght batty on 20k per week at leeds!

ps he appologised for not beating brum by 25 goals to 0 for us:rolleyes:

SHiggins
02-09-2002, 09:34 PM
Would have been a good player for us, but wages once again the problem.

Justy C
02-09-2002, 09:42 PM
Thanks for passing that on Yorkshire Eagle. If true, I wonder if that approach was before or after the Derry injury.

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
02-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Dennis Wise and David Batty in the Palace Midfield. Now there's a thought....

:eek:

Jimbo ?
02-09-2002, 10:23 PM
if we were after wise - as it has been said - I guess that broke down and so we went for Batty - not sad that they arent here!!!

Justy C
02-09-2002, 10:29 PM
David Batty on a short contract would have been great. Good passer and loads of experience (and a bit of bite in the tackle:p ).

Officer Dibble
02-09-2002, 11:49 PM
Like we need another defensive midfielder.......:rolleyes:

03-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Officer Dibble

Exactly!

We need someone who is attactive!

03-09-2002, 09:21 PM
Or Attacking! Either will do!

:p

zonin2000
03-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by yorkshire eagle
please plaese do not shot the messanger.

Some people might be annoyed at reading another rumour about an ageing Premiership midfielder, but I doubt that anybody would take it upon themselves to gun you down.

No need to worry.

Beanie
04-09-2002, 08:52 PM
I believe the transfer window works both ways - premiership teams can't buy or sell when the window is closed. If this is the case (anybody know?) it's a non starter until January any way, even if the League are allowing moves until FIFA make a decision.

glaziers fan
04-09-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Officer Dibble

Off course we do. TF's system of playing with 4 defensive midfielders means we need extensive cover in this area

yorkshire eagle
14-09-2002, 04:02 AM
just to update you. was speeking to my mate and he says that there has definitly been further contact but ofcoarse there are several obsticals ie fifa has to deside on the transfer deadling for div 1 clubs and his wages. hes been talking to his friend at the club (and believe me when i say hes as good a sourse as anyone for leeds info) and hes still trying to identify the team.

also he says that the same team asked about a young indianor pakistanie lad leeds have on the books (he was born in leeds i hasten to add) and he playes in midfield/just behind the strikers aparently leeds are very keen for him to have some first team experence:rolleyes: my friend has seen him in the reserves and says he is class:cool:

anyway will keep you updated as he finds things out hes off to tomorows game (verses scumchester) so will be able to ask around:)

Eagle
14-09-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by yorkshire eagle

also he says that the same team asked about a young indianor pakistanie lad leeds have on the books (he was born in leeds i hasten to add) and he playes in midfield/just behind the strikers aparently leeds are very keen for him to have some first team experence:rolleyes: my friend has seen him in the reserves and says he is class:cool:

You may well find the player you mean is Harpal Singh, plays as an attacking midfielder and can play central or on the right side.

bnmth eagle
14-09-2002, 01:52 PM
loans must be allowed as Millwall have just taken Kevin Davis on loan from Southhampton

Walrus
15-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Eagle
You may well find the player you mean is Harpal Singh, plays as an attacking midfielder and can play central or on the right side.

And Harpal Singh is a pretty good prospect too ! Dunno who he'd replace in our side but he wouldn't disgrace the red'n'blue if we loaned him in.

More likely he'd go to Huddersfield, Rotherham or Barnsley I would have thought.

Ouch that Hurt!
16-09-2002, 02:37 PM
http://www.artantique.com/academy/2001/images/Lecturers/David%20Battie%20Harro.%20May.jpg

David Battie of Antiques Roadshow fame

16-09-2002, 09:47 PM
David Battie? Yep, he'll do!

:p

Cleon
17-09-2002, 03:41 PM
I think this would be a pointless and expensive signing. People will point to his record, which is good, but Paul Ince has a better record, and look how our midfield played him off the park on Saturday.

We don't want Premiership hasbeens - we need to build for the future, which we can do with Mullins and Derry.