PDA

View Full Version : Loan Goalkeeper ?


Latvian Eagle
02-09-2002, 09:34 PM
Of course we don't know how bad it is, but if it were to be for a considerable time, it's worrying that Kolinko is away on International duty next week and we have just Cronin as cover, who's not even 17 yet. I say we bring Juergen Macho in as cover. He's transfer listed, and he must be pretty cheap, or maybe on loan. Seeing as Nationwide league teams are still allowed to sign people, I say we take advantage. He's not a bad GK, pretty tall, and would easily fit into a Div 1 team.

Justy C
02-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Hopefully Clarke is OK and will be fit to face Plymouth (maybe the cancellation of the Sheffield Wednesday game will help). This transfer window thing needs to be sorted asap as its causing confusion - has a nationwide club signed anyone since Saturday?

Latvian Eagle - don't know anything about Juergen Macho, do you know how old, who does he play for etc?

Latvian Eagle
02-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Justy C
Latvian Eagle - don't know anything about Juergen Macho, do you know how old, who does he play for etc?

Jurgen Macho has been Sunderland's sub GK for the past two seasons. He made his debut for them first game of 2000/01 against Arsenal, kept a clean sheet, he's about 24 now, he was Austria's U-21 GK, he's 6'4" and is transfer listed now the club have Thomas Sorensen and Thomas Myhre.

His official website is...
http://www.jurgen-macho.com/macho/index.asp

I think he's certainly someone to keep Clarke and Kolinko on their toes.

Justy C
02-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a good shout. Whats the situation with Kolinko now? Has the whole incident against Bradford been forgotten about? Is he talking to Francis?

pete eagle
02-09-2002, 10:02 PM
he wouldn't come here for one simple reason, that he wouldn't get guaranteed first team football

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
02-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Well Kolinko kept a clean sheet for us at the weekend. I was kinda thinking he would let a goal in and then start laughing again with TF running on the pitch to chin him one!

:p

Latvian Eagle
02-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
he wouldn't come here for one simple reason, that he wouldn't get guaranteed first team football

We seem to always have a keeper cricise in recent seasons, Miller, Digby, Kolinko, Clarke all getting injured. Maybe if we do need a keeper on a short term loan, he'd be the man to bring in.

Jimbo ?
02-09-2002, 10:25 PM
can we still sign players??? I heard we are given another week (or 2) is that true

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
03-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
can we still sign players??? I heard we are given another week (or 2) is that true

I havent heard either way about signing players. Anyone know?

WorthingEagle
03-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Jurgen Macho is very, very, dodgy. Makes a mistake almost without fail when he plays for Sunderland.

If we needed a loan keeper, Alan Kelly would be my choice, he's a quality keeper.

917L
03-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Cheerleader Observer
Well Kolinko kept a clean sheet for us at the weekend.

Not that difficult, seeing as he only played 20 minutes or so was it? :rolleyes:

Clapham Grand
04-09-2002, 03:21 AM
Cronin might be injured now as well after the reserves game tonight :eek:

glaziers fan
04-09-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 917L
Not that difficult, seeing as he only played 20 minutes or so was it? :rolleyes:
especially as he had 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders protecting him;)

NewRoadBee
05-09-2002, 02:42 AM
You could do worse than take the Bees keeper Oli Gottskalksson. Lets call him Oli shall we :)

Iceland international, about 34. Excellent keeper.

Currently being `frozen out` at Brentford due to being a high earner (by our standards) but his salary would not be a problem to Palace. His successor here, to be fair, is a quality prospect aged only 21 (and much cheaper).

Oli was recently wanted by Ipswich as cover and also rejected a 2 year contract at Stockport.

Stonewall
05-09-2002, 02:46 AM
Offical site has said Clarke's injury is not as bad as thought, He may only miss a few games. It is probably just bruising, I think.

sideshow bob
05-09-2002, 02:47 AM
Well,Nigel Martyn's not doing anything at Leeds at the moment maybe he'd fancy a loan spell back here..

ozeagle
05-09-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
especially as he had 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders protecting him;)

2 defensive attackers......

:rolleyes:

Beanie
05-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Official site says that Clarke (and Popovic) will miss the Plymouth game, which implies they will be back after that. Assuming Kolinko can avoid getting crocked in Latvia this all seems a bit of a needless panic. I'd be happy to see Lance Cronin against Plymouth if need be.

Mong!
05-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
2 defensive attackers......

:rolleyes:

Use your head please. Defensive attackers mean they can come back and defend against set pieces etc.

Cleon
05-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Official site says that Clarke (and Popovic) will miss the Plymouth game, which implies they will be back after that. Assuming Kolinko can avoid getting crocked in Latvia this all seems a bit of a needless panic. I'd be happy to see Lance Cronin against Plymouth if need be.

Agreed. I have no problems at all with Kolinko playing in goal for a while, and if, worst comes to the worst, and Kolinko gets injured before Clarke get back, then we've got a highly rated youngster.

If, by some incredible fate of bad luck, Cronin also got injured, then I'm sure the versatile Hayden Mullins would be asked to help out!! Or maybe we just keep Jimmy Glass' number, just in case.

PS - It was only ten years ago that you didn't keep keepers on the bench anyway. Less if you recall Smith's cavalier attitude.

humpo
06-09-2002, 06:06 PM
i am goalkeeper for my works 5-a-side team...where do i send my CV

pete eagle
07-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Mong!
Use your head please.

if there was something in it he would use it

Sir JB
07-09-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Of course we don't know how bad it is, but if it were to be for a considerable time, it's worrying that Kolinko is away on International duty next week and we have just Cronin as cover, who's not even 17 yet. I say we bring Juergen Macho in as cover. He's transfer listed, and he must be pretty cheap, or maybe on loan. Seeing as Nationwide league teams are still allowed to sign people, I say we take advantage. He's not a bad GK, pretty tall, and would easily fit into a Div 1 team.

Just because he is half decent on CM don't mean he is in real life! You know why he is transfer listed? Because he is crap. I agree - maybe bring somebody on loan in but not him. Sunderland hate him. Although they do hate half there squad...

They bought Myhre in because this guy was cack.

Latvian Eagle
07-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Sir JB
Just because he is half decent on CM don't mean he is in real life! You know why he is transfer listed? Because he is crap. I agree - maybe bring somebody on loan in but not him. Sunderland hate him. Although they do hate half there squad...

They bought Myhre in because this guy was cack.

I'm sorry James, but I didn't mention CM, and I don't buy him on CM, got better GK's to buy.

Sir JB
07-09-2002, 03:25 AM
I know you never - but you should, his good ;)

GARYP
07-09-2002, 02:29 PM
COULD DO WORSE THAN CARLO AT MAN CITY

Beanie
07-09-2002, 03:01 PM
I say again - what's all the panic? Kolinko plays, Cronin on the bench. Whats the need to rush round for somebody else?

Jimbo ?
07-09-2002, 04:41 PM
I agree - we dont need another keeper - kinky will do ok - if Clarke is out for a long time then maybe a reserve keeper but i dont see any problems at the moment!