PDA

View Full Version : Danny Higginbottom

BUNGLE
05-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Daniel Higgingbottom has resigned from Derby and is now a free agent.
Snap him up please.

John.K
05-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Alot of hype around him. Maybe worth a trial?:D

zonin2000
05-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Derby's player of the season last year no?

No doubt he's more likely to be snapped up by a Premiership side...

... but no! They can't buy players anymore!!

Great if we could get him :p

Riccardo
05-09-2002, 01:49 AM
Well he's got a stupid name like Butterfield, so TF will probably sign him. :veryangry

(Sorry, I'm knackered and frustrated guys)

palacefan_72
05-09-2002, 02:01 AM
a player with premiership experience, can play in multible posititions? surely worth a look trev?

Walrus
05-09-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by John.K
Alot of hype around him. Maybe worth a trial?:D

If he's available and even vaguely interested in a move South then I'd be in there like a shot - assuming I was TF/SJ, of course.

Jimbo ?
05-09-2002, 02:31 AM
A definate -go get him!!!! He is a good young player - if money isnta problem and as stated he cant go to the premier - He will sign for someone - let it be us!!!!

Phil O'Sophical
05-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Derby's player of the season last year no?

No doubt he's more likely to be snapped up by a Premiership side...

... but no! They can't buy players anymore!!
:p

But they can if the player's a free agent!! Seems a good way to get round the transfer window to me.

John.K
05-09-2002, 02:35 AM
Go get him Trevor!:p

Jimbo ?
05-09-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
But they can if the player's a free agent!! Seems a good way to get round the transfer window to me.

seriously??? - i didnt realise this - it makes even more of a joke of these "transfer windows"

Phil O'Sophical
05-09-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
seriously??? - i didnt realise this - it makes even more of a joke of these "transfer windows"

Yes, cos it's not a transfer from one club to another.

PT109
05-09-2002, 03:41 AM
Dear Bungle.
Isn't that Andy's son?
If it is, then please don't touch him with a barge pole. In this case I believe in nurture, not nature.
...and if you're one of these 'post eighties' members of this website, there's no need to respond.

zonin2000
05-09-2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical

Bugger bugger rugger bugger.

PeterH
05-09-2002, 04:08 AM
Wait for the news that Portsmouth are interested.

Cannot be popular with Derby fans, we don't want the disloyal bast@rd, remember Svennson and Miller people.

That Goldfish is back.

PeterH
05-09-2002, 04:13 AM
Wait for the news that Portsmouth are interested.

Cannot be popular with Derby fans, we don't want the disloyal bast@rd, remember Svennson and Miller people.

That Goldfish is back.

Neil the Eagle
05-09-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by PT109
Isn't that Andy's son?
If it is, then please don't touch him with a barge pole. In this case I believe in nurture, not nature

Fully agree, one Higginbottom was more than enough for us.

Sunny Fan
05-09-2002, 05:58 PM
He's not free yet; he's given two weeks notice for breach of contract, and Derby may have a rescue package in time for him to jump back on board I think. I don't think he'll be available before.

I may be wrong.

Daddy Long
05-09-2002, 06:07 PM
He's a right back isn't he? If so, then we've got enough.

markholmes1991
05-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Martin old boy, you’re spot on. It sounds like some out with this to get the board to stand up and take notice (or possibly suggested on behalf of his agent). A Promising and combative defender, with the potential to go far.
I would expect this to be resolved and for the player to remain with Derby county football club.

pedro
05-09-2002, 11:34 PM
This guy was being chased by a few Premiership clubs before deadline day as the vultures were out trying to find a bargain at debt ridden Derby. However, The Rams were asking £6m which was too rich for most clubs, and those that could afford it just refused to pay it. Now that there is the potential of him walking away from his contract the vultures will once again be out and I am sure there will be many takers far more appealing than Palace. The rather ironic thing is that the clubs who would have paid £3m at least for him will now get him for nothing, the player, who is already on Premiership wages, will get a nice tidy salary, whilst the only party who really need some money is Derby and they will get nothing, apart from getting Heginbotham off their payroll. Hardly seems fair but that is the way football is going I suppose.

Palace
05-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Left back i think, but has been playing at centre-back if i'm not mistaken. And very well.

MENTALLY TOUGH
06-09-2002, 12:07 AM
Stick him up-front, another arse upfront wouldnt look out of place at the mo.
Any chance of Kinkladze walking out of contract, now thats a player we could do with (If he rolls out of bed the right side mind you)

Jimbo ?
06-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Kinkladze - no thanks - a few of their other players maybe - but not Kinkladze!!

spt1978
06-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Derby have paid him now so dont think hes available on a free at present. Have to wait until next month when derby dont pay his wages again.

mikestock
06-09-2002, 05:14 PM
He is just another Kevin Miller.

We don't want him

markholmes1991
06-09-2002, 05:26 PM
But at the end of the day if the company your employed by, doesn’t cough up your wages, and other companies are prepared to pay you substantially more and on a full time basis, then I think large proportion of us would chose to jump ship!
This may appear to be shallow, but I think realistic in this day and age. In this particular instance, Derby have contributed largely in the progress of this young lad’s career.
At the end of the day you’ve got to face facts that “loyalty” is a scarcely heard of in football these days. There maybe a few exceptions out there though!!

Beanie
06-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by markholmes1991
But at the end of the day if the company your employed by, doesn’t cough up your wages, and other companies are prepared to pay you substantially more and on a full time basis, then I think large proportion of us would chose to jump ship!
This may appear to be shallow, but I think realistic in this day and age. In this particular instance, Derby have contributed largely in the progress of this young lad’s career.
At the end of the day you’ve got to face facts that “loyalty” is a scarcely heard of in football these days. There maybe a few exceptions out there though!!

Sounds all very fair and reasonable, but bear in mind that the Derby players were all told that they would probably be paid by today - and I believe from the press that has happened, less than a week late. It wasn't WHAT he did that has left a bad taste with me, it was how fast he did it. Also, the little bit about doing for the sake of others - rubbish! The moment he thought that his wedge could be cut a little he was off (or trying to be) like a shot.

Sadly many club have had this sort of problem, some players have walked away (are you lsitening Matt Svensson) but nobody as moved as fast as this. Loyalty may be unusual - but even our good friend Miller hung around longer than this guy.

markholmes1991
06-09-2002, 06:15 PM
his attitude was wrong, but ,I’m sure his agent played some role in recent proceedings.
I’ll be interested to see how the Derby fans take to him in the coming weeks. After gaining such an admirable reputation, and from what I’ve heard a very good rapport with the fans will they now turn against the player. The whole proceedings are starting to leave a sour taste in the mouth I do believe!

Beanie
06-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by markholmes1991
..., but ,I’m sure his agent played some role in recent proceedings.

I apprciate that many players are not the sharpest pencils in the case (no idea about this one in particular) but isn't this excuse begining to wear a bit thin? If they don't want to do what the agent suggests they can always say "No"