PDA

View Full Version : Ibrahima Sonko

Raoul Duke
09-09-2002, 04:45 PM
According to

http://www.footballtransfers.info/specs/spec.asp?category=Un-Confirmed

we've been linked with Ibrahima Sonko.

Does anybody know if there is any truth in this rumour and have any details on him.

Gazza2
09-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Today's Evening Standard said he was MOM on Saturday and Brentford will struggle to hold onto this young defender.

arussell
09-09-2002, 05:36 PM
I saw him play a few weeks back.

Tall gangly French central defender. Looks a little slow at first glance, but that's a bit deceptive as he's capable of putting in accurate last minute tackles.

Has only played a few league games at Brentford (where he doesn't have a contract) and is still finding his feet a bit at English league level.

Gooders
09-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Sounds quite like Darren Powell if you ask me!

arussell
09-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Well I wasn't Gooders :p

But hmm .. you have a point I guess. Brentford fans like him - but I can't see the need for an in-experienced central defender at the moment.

We still all know where we need to sign a player.

The Vicar
09-09-2002, 07:07 PM
we need a creative midfielder!

Jimbo ?
09-09-2002, 10:21 PM
we need a new manager first!

John.K
09-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Looks a good attacking force. :rolleyes: :eek:

Neckinger Eagle
10-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Palace linked with yet another Brentford player? After Evans, Owusu, Ingimarsson, Rowlands and Powell (who we actually got) now this French lad.

Who next, Jamie Fullarton?

Jimbo ?
11-09-2002, 01:04 AM
so no truth in this rumour then!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
16-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

For a change...

:rolleyes:

Levski
18-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Saw him play last night here in Cardiff. He looked very good, and is HUGE. Could be a useful addition to the squad for later in the season when injuries hit. Won everything that came his way, and made a brilliant last-ditch tackle on Earnshaw.

c_block_lad
18-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle

Who next, Jamie Fullarton?

Yes Please!:)

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Yes Please!:)

NO FULLARTON. Good luck to him but hardly a player who will get ahead of Thommo, Aki or Derry is he? Liked his dirty streak though but Smithy's back soon:)

NewRoadBee
19-09-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

I hope not :p

Hes been a very good replacement for Powelly so far, quite similar in style, physique too. Must admit we will struggle to keep him, hes only on a week to week contract and was set to sign for a year (on small money) before his agent talked him out of it :veryangry because apparently Millwall were sniffing after him. He has now been picked for the Senegal squad and misses our next 2 games, might be the last we see of him I fear :sob:

ozeagle
19-09-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
According to

http://www.footballtransfers.info/specs/spec.asp?category=Un-Confirmed

we've been linked with Ibrahima Sonko.

Does anybody know if there is any truth in this rumour and have any details on him.

jordan has said he's p155ed off and there's no more for transfers.

anyway, why would we need another phukking defender.

:hmph: