PDA

View Full Version : A second big screen please Palace

Al From Bromley
15-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Few things are more frustrating than being able to hear the soundtrack to Palace performances blasting out in the family stand but being the only people in the ground unable to see what's going on on the screen. With a lot of the next generation of Palace fans sitting in the Whitehorse End it would be nice if they were able to see a bit of palace history, whether its Don Rogers scoring the fifth against man U way back when or the famous victory from Monday night. Surely not too much to ask to have a conveniently placed second screen either above the Arthur or the Main Stand?

in-exile
15-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Why do you think that would help.... Cannot hear a word of what's said on the PA in row 9 of the AW even though i have a speaker just above my seats!
**** knows who is meant to check these things at the ground for the club!

art malice
15-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Huge sections of the Arthur are also unable to see it

EagleSE24
15-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Huge sections of the Arthur are also unable to see it

Yup. Ever since we built a 115 yard gantry for the three people that sit in it, I haven't been able to see the screen.

Wolfnipplechips
15-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Yup. Ever since we built a 115 yard gantry for the three people that sit in it, I haven't been able to see the screen.

Speak to maestro and Biggin.

They seem to have it sorted.

palace_burger
15-04-2017, 08:50 PM
There's not really a good place to put one right now

Wonder how possible it is to show what's in screen in the palace all (excluding live footagebofbthe game for commercial reasons)

Would be nice for overseas fans

Dorking .Eagle
15-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Would be nice if they finish the fan zone first before taking on any other improvements - after all its only been 6 months so far!!!!

PrinceOfDonegal
16-04-2017, 04:27 AM
There's a brand spanking new screen in the car park ... why put one there when only half the spectators can see the lone screen in the ground ?

redandblue
16-04-2017, 05:45 AM
There's not really a good place to put one right now

Wonder how possible it is to show what's in screen in the palace all (excluding live footagebofbthe game for commercial reasons)

Would be nice for overseas fans

In the corner over the players tunnel

scro
16-04-2017, 06:57 AM
There's a brand spanking new screen in the car park ... why put one there when only half the spectators can see the lone screen in the ground ?

Ding! Spot on. No replays and no clock is rubbish in the Whitehorse. Even a newcastle style display showing the time would be nice.

aj4england
16-04-2017, 03:52 PM
A Second would have been better placed in corner near to the HF not in the car park

mcmean
16-04-2017, 03:57 PM
The new speakers in the lower holmesdale worked for about a week. Not yesterday

dav434
16-04-2017, 04:23 PM
The new speakers in the lower holmesdale worked for about a week. Not yesterday

I was sat right by the dugouts in Row 1 of the main stand - couldn't hear a thing from the PA system especially at half time I'd imagine it was just poor throughout the game pretty much everywhere

Stavros 69
16-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Maybe a nice foot rub at half time Al.
Don't ask for much do you?!

jamieb73
16-04-2017, 05:21 PM
whats happening with the building of the fans area outside the main stand, been months now. God knows how long they would take to build a friggin new stand!

davo
16-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Few things are more frustrating than being able to hear the soundtrack to Palace performances blasting out in the family stand but being the only people in the ground unable to see what's going on on the screen. With a lot of the next generation of Palace fans sitting in the Whitehorse End it would be nice if they were able to see a bit of palace history, whether its Don Rogers scoring the fifth against man U way back when or the famous victory from Monday night. Surely not too much to ask to have a conveniently placed second screen either above the Arthur or the Main Stand?

Agreed, was very annoying yesterday in Family Stand.

At the first game of the season I was looking forward to all the improvements they said they had made (letter that came with the season ticket said they had new screens). Was v disappointed that none were put up inside the stadium.

Dorking .Eagle
16-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Ironic that by the time they eventually finish the fan zone it'll be time for the Main Stand expansion, and it'll have to be dismantled

Yoda
16-04-2017, 05:32 PM
whats happening with the building of the fans area outside the main stand, been months now. God knows how long they would take to build a friggin new stand!

It does appear to be going down at a rate of one plank per week.

Hedgehog
16-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Al, I'm surprised at you. I thought you were old school where you go to a football match to watch the football, not for the food or drink or watching stuff on big screen TV's?

ebyeeckeagle
16-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Not sure how we managed to survive all those years without a big screen or digital clock.

Plus, if you are staring at a screen, how do you keep an eye on the lethal football that could be flying around. It's those lapses of concentration that kill.

thefox
16-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Maybe a nice foot rub at half time Al.
Don't ask for much do you?!

From Maidstoned with a happy ending ?

RobertCPFC
16-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Ironic that by the time they eventually finish the fan zone it'll be time for the Main Stand expansion, and it'll have to be dismantled

As the work on the fan zone and the bus station outside East Croydon started at similar times I had started wondering what would be done first. The bus station work has now finished but the fan zone looks like it still needs a lot more doing.

More seriously I can't see it being ready until next season as there is not much point for three games (one on a weeknight). It didn't look like a huge job and I feel would have been better to do during the summer.

Hedgehog
16-04-2017, 07:31 PM
From Maidstoned with a happy ending ?
Shown on the big screen?

palacemetros
16-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Shown on the big screen?

It's why they keep it away from the family stand!

Hedgehog
16-04-2017, 07:37 PM
It's why they keep it away from the family stand!
:p

Chillo
16-04-2017, 07:39 PM
In the corner over the players tunnel

... would be the obvious answer.

... and here's where it could come from.

CPFC since 1989
17-04-2017, 09:03 PM
What about no mans land, between the AW and the Holmesdale?

Jaserob
17-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Not sure how we managed to survive all those years without a big screen or digital clock.

Plus, if you are staring at a screen, how do you keep an eye on the lethal football that could be flying around. It's those lapses of concentration that kill.

https://cdn.meme.am/images/600x600/15157835/cross-eyed-steve-buscemi.jpg

JHJ EAGLE
17-04-2017, 09:40 PM

Ground expansion, good one DE.

Hector
18-04-2017, 07:55 AM
I can't get my head round why it is so difficult to get the PA working properly. For months it was incredibly loud in the Whitehorse

Maz
18-04-2017, 08:01 AM
And now it is completely inaudible in the Arthur.