PDA

View Full Version : Full Stand Display V Hull

Pages : [1] 2

SilentAssassin
24-04-2017, 12:06 PM
The HF are currently funding and designing a two tier Holmesdale display for the last home game of the season with Hull. These huge artworks are only possible with the help of the whole Palace fanbase so we ask that any who can spare a few quid throws it in the pot to send the boys off in style after what has been an incredible turnaround on and off the pitch. All donations welcome, we thank you for your generosity in advance.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2s0ztyr.jpg

alexcpfc
24-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Fantastic guys.

Can this incorporate a big thank you to Big Sam the Coaching staff and the Players in some way?

SilentAssassin
24-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Fantastic guys.

Can this incorporate a big thank you to Big Sam the Coaching staff and the Players in some way?

We'll be putting on a show whatever it might be :p

It's been a huge turnaround in our fortunes and at the forefront of that was the way the fan base rallied together when confidence around the club was at an all time low for various reasons.

It's important to remember that as we see this season out, it is the fans that gave the platform to the players to come out and battle with us. Lately it seems we have got that relationship back with the players. They are constantly in the press recognising the backing in the stadium and away from home which is magic and highlights what a turnaround it has been since the Sunderland game.

That sort of resilience and mentality is something that you can not buy and can only be put down for the love of the Palace.

alanlee11
24-04-2017, 01:44 PM

It's been a huge turnaround in our fortunes and at the forefront of that was the way the fan base rallied together when confidence around the club was at an all time low for various reasons.

It's important to remember that as we see this season out, it is the fans that gave the platform to come out and battle with us. Lately it seems we have got that relationship back with the players. They are constantly in the press recognising the backing in the stadium and away from home which is magic and highlights what a turnaround it has been since the Sunderland game.

That sort of resilience and mentality is something that you can not buy and can only be put down for the love of the Palace.

totally agree - since 'The Hunt Is On' was displayed we've had such a determined atmosphere, it's transferred to the players - so good to have our spirit back, real togetherness now - it's working wonders.

Will donate later

AddiscombeEagle
24-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Just transferred some money over.

Thanks for all the efforts that make our club different and special.

old git
24-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Any chance of getting the whole song played over the tannoy on Saturday if we are safe?
1i5DDRMEMmk

orp pisshead1
24-04-2017, 03:09 PM
SA how long does it take to do a smaller display? I'll donate as our displays are unique compared to the fake flags at " big clubs"

SilentAssassin
24-04-2017, 03:19 PM
SA how long does it take to do a smaller display? I'll donate as our displays are unique compared to the fake flags at " big clubs"

The Zaha display is a level we think as a group we think we should be reaching consistently. Time can be against us for some displays so anywhere between 1 or 2 weeks from planning to it being finished for the game.

Payney
24-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Donate where? Will chuck a score in if you can link it please.

Keep up the good work.

ForzaPalace
24-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Any chance of getting the whole song played over the tannoy on Saturday if we are safe?
1i5DDRMEMmk

Stick with McFadden & Whitehead IMO :lux:

eltron
24-04-2017, 03:31 PM

It's important to remember that as we see this season out, it is the fans that gave the platform to come out and battle with us. Lately it seems we have got that relationship back with the players. They are constantly in the press recognising the backing in the stadium and away from home which is magic and highlights what a turnaround it has been since the Sunderland game.

Will Sam Allardyce's contribution be acknowledged?
I can't see him being mentioned anywhere?

ForzaPalace
24-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Will Sam Allardyce's contribution be acknowledged?
I can't see him being mentioned anywhere?

Last time a manager kept us up and we thought we were on the brink of something special, he ****ed off before the next season started. So maybe a bit longer with Sam before a display for him so we don't embarrass ourselves.

carter
24-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Now this is something I've always wanted to see! A two tier display

Just realised we have done one before. "So here's to you famous red and blue"

Ardent Eagle Forever
24-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Last time a manager kept us up and we thought we were on the brink of something special, he ****ed off before the next season started. So maybe a bit longer with Sam before a display for him so we don't embarrass ourselves.

Don't think Bfs is in the same vein as tp.

eltron
24-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Altogether now:

"Fanbase's Red and Blue Army"

eltron
24-04-2017, 03:46 PM

Excellent "Get out of jail card" there.

Hope there's no reference to any players that might not be here in August - how embarrassing would that be?

James
24-04-2017, 03:48 PM
How much are you aiming to raise?

Do you have a Paypal account?

orp pisshead1
24-04-2017, 03:56 PM
The Zaha display is a level we think as a group we think we should be reaching consistently. Time can be against us for some displays so anywhere between 1 or 2 weeks from planning to it being finished for the game.

Amazing work mate and how you do the art/get the accuracy is superb. Damn that's a shame was hoping something could be sorted for "one of our own" JP:p.

Lombardo 888
24-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Big Sam little Sam's red'n blue army

DE - Glad All Over
24-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Sent dosh, prefer giving my cash to them then I ever would the club shop

eagles #1
24-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Amazing work mate and how you do the art/get the accuracy is superb. Damn that's a shame was hoping something could be sorted for "one of our own" JP:p.

Eh? Huge Puncheon display was done for Watford at home a few weeks ago.

Martinsleftpeg
24-04-2017, 04:09 PM
The HF are currently funding and designing a two tier Holmesdale display for the last home game of the season with Hull. These huge artworks are only possible with the help of the whole Palace fanbase so we ask that any who can spare a few quid throws it in the pot to send the boys off in style after what has been an incredible turnaround on and off the pitch. All donations welcome, we thank you for your generosity in advance.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2s0ztyr.jpg

Sent you a PM and money on its way tonight

Son of Coveta
24-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Can you donate money from abroad ?

Selhurst Celtic
24-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Sent dosh, prefer giving my cash to them then I ever would the club shop

And you get pyro points instead of parish points.

Penstone Eagle
24-04-2017, 04:31 PM
And you get pyro points instead of parish points.

No you don't, that's just a smoke screen to get you to donate.

SilentAssassin
24-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Thanks to everyone that has messaged and donated so far.

To those that want to pay via pay-pal if it is easier, you can do so by sending money to this account;

hf05merch@hotmail.com

Equally some guys will be doing bucket collections too at The Holmesdale and in the concourse pre-match and at half time on Wednesday.

orp pisshead1
24-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Eh? Huge Puncheon display was done for Watford at home a few weeks ago.

Was it :eek: bloody hell, I was there too:D:D ffs:wallbash: never get old!

the drexciyan
24-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Can you donate money from abroad ?

SA I'd second this, if you guys can get the IBAN number and details for international transfers it would be great. All the best with the display.

James
24-04-2017, 05:44 PM

To those that want to pay via pay-pal if it is easier, you can do so by sending money to this account;

hf05merch@hotmail.com .Done. good luck with this. I love the HF displays.

SilentAssassin
24-04-2017, 05:54 PM
SA I'd second this, if you guys can get the IBAN number and details for international transfers it would be great. All the best with the display.

On the case now. Will post up details when it's set up. Cheers lads :p

orp pisshead1
24-04-2017, 05:57 PM
On the case now. Will post up details when it's set up. Cheers lads :p

I'll donate later on a break at work👍🏻
Do you have a pic of the punch display ? Can't believe i missed it despite being at game:wallbash:. Cheers in advance :p

SJPLDN
24-04-2017, 06:02 PM
I'll donate later on a break at work👍🏻
Do you have a pic of the punch display ? Can't believe i missed it despite being at game:wallbash:. Cheers in advance :p

http://rednbluearmy.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/hf-display-watford-18-march-2017-puncheon.jpg?itok=YGYDspEd

orp pisshead1
24-04-2017, 06:05 PM
http://rednbluearmy.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/hf-display-watford-18-march-2017-puncheon.jpg?itok=YGYDspEd

Many thanks:p
Hope he appreciated it like Zaha did:lux:

andyocpfc
24-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Out of interest and pure curiosity but do the board members ever contribute, as they are effectively fans and we all know they appreciate the hard work the fans do to raise and rally the team?

eagles #1
24-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Was it :eek: bloody hell, I was there too:D:D ffs:wallbash: never get old!

:p

eagles #1
24-04-2017, 06:25 PM

Beat me to it.

ForzaPalace
24-04-2017, 09:07 PM

We've done loads of two tier displays in the past?

laughing_gravy
24-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Is this going to be 2 tier for the entire holmesdale or just the usual blocks?

SJPLDN
24-04-2017, 09:21 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/a8/c5/c9a8c57c74b9fb8f238fcb9902a62125.jpg

:p:p

SJPLDN
24-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Is this going to be 2 tier for the entire holmesdale or just the usual blocks?

Full Stand Display V Hull ;)

Yoda
24-04-2017, 09:25 PM
We've done loads of two tier displays in the past?

There was a bit of a bun fight with the stewards when the guys tried to lower a banner from the top tier, as it was going to go over the cameraman.

Presumably they've considered how to avoid that this time.

Kosowski
24-04-2017, 09:26 PM
May we have a tifo engraved with the regimental crest of two crossed dead seagulls, emblazoned on a mound of dead seagulls motif.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/clM1i88s-7Q/hqdefault.jpg

Selhurst Celtic
25-04-2017, 12:05 AM
This two tier display from a few years back is a good one. Can't recall the year though.

https://lifethroughalense1.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/holmesdale-fanatics.jpg

orp pisshead1
25-04-2017, 12:55 AM

Oli28
25-04-2017, 06:45 AM
This two tier display from a few years back is a good one. Can't recall the year though.

05/06 centenary year I think as I think I recall AJ winding up the reading fans at that game

Chunt
25-04-2017, 07:15 AM

Agreed, probably my favourite to date.

Trilby
25-04-2017, 07:52 AM

hf05merch@hotmail.com

Equally some guys will be doing bucket collections too at The Holmesdale and I the concourse pre-match and at half time on Wednesday.

Done on behalf of FYP. Keep up the good work lads.:p

orp pisshead1
25-04-2017, 08:08 AM
My Charlton mate reckons our displays are the nuts but reckons their display of empty seats looks far better :supergrin:

Random*
25-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Done.

EagleSE24
25-04-2017, 08:17 AM
There have been some great ones over the years

Our spirit is unbreakable http://www.daveling.co.uk/march2014holmesdale.jpg

Heartbeat of South London http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/1648434.jpg?type=articleLandscape

I think this was my favourite though https://uniceone.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/crystal-palace-west-ham-23-aug-2014.jpg

Kirby
25-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Yep, ticker tape across the whole stand looks the nuts.

ForestGateEagle
25-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Stating the obvious: it's difficult to see and appreciate them when you are in the Holmesdale.

Can the club be persuaded to have the big screen at the Whitehorse end devoted to them for as long as they are up?

ForzaPalace
25-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Stating the obvious: it's difficult to see and appreciate them when you are in the Holmesdale.

Can the club be persuaded to have the big screen at the Whitehorse end devoted to them for as long as they are up?

It's on telly so I'm sure it will get a few seconds airtime but don't think the club will have a say. Maybe someone could have a word with Sky?

palace_burger
25-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Is there a gallery of all of these in one place? If not can someone set something up on tumblr or something like that?

ForzaPalace
25-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Is there a gallery of all of these in one place? If not can someone set something up on tumblr or something like that?

http://holmesdale.proboards.com/board/12/hf05-photos-vids

danpalace07
25-04-2017, 01:38 PM
always liked this one

http://i43.tinypic.com/veud8o.jpg

Palace121
25-04-2017, 02:22 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/a8/c5/c9a8c57c74b9fb8f238fcb9902a62125.jpg :p:p

I loved this one. Absolutely quality.

Kirby
25-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Spurs at home in our first season wasn't it?

What a rollercoaster it's been since then.

We made our mark that day (off the pitch at least) and haven't looked back.

PalaceForever
25-04-2017, 02:29 PM

hf05merch@hotmail.com

Equally some guys will be doing bucket collections too at The Holmesdale and I the concourse pre-match and at half time on Wednesday.

Just chipped in via Paypal. Wish I could be at the game, well done and enjoy.

eagle mart
25-04-2017, 02:30 PM
The last three quoted are the best we've done. Loved the ticker tape one as well!

The 'worst' in execution was the fortress Selhurst one, but the idea was decent. Must be difficult to turn an idea into reality.

Good luck with it all - I'm away for that game. Missed stoke last year too. :(

libran
25-04-2017, 02:33 PM
liked this one too, against West Ham?

https://uniceone.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/crystal-palace-west-ham-23-aug-2014c.jpg

eagle mart
25-04-2017, 02:34 PM
liked this one too, against West Ham?

Missed that one as well. FFS.

old git
25-04-2017, 04:04 PM
I loved this one. Absolutely quality.

One of the best.Announced to the world the Premier league had a new club different to all the others.

palace_burger
25-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Done via PayPal. Can't wait to see it

Maidstonecpfc
25-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Keep up the good work HF and will put some cash in the bucket tomorrow night.

Payney
25-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Done, Good work guys.

hong_kong_hg
25-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Money sent. I will be over for the game in the gallery, can't wait!

the drexciyan
25-04-2017, 08:04 PM
The swirl was amazing.

oVWTF5mlCus

palace_burger
25-04-2017, 08:06 PM
How would it take to do the whole ground!?

Penstone Eagle
25-04-2017, 08:48 PM
How would it take to do the whole ground!?

Forget the main stand. They wouldn't get involved.

Yoda
25-04-2017, 09:02 PM

Nonsense, course they would.

Simple&Stupid
25-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Too bloody true.

eltron
26-04-2017, 09:15 AM

It's important to remember that as we see this season out, it is the fans that gave the platform to the players to come out and battle with us. Lately it seems we have got that relationship back with the players. They are constantly in the press recognising the backing in the stadium and away from home which is magic and highlights what a turnaround it has been since the Sunderland game.

Seriously, it would be pretty poor if we don't acknowledge The two Sam's contribution?

It's not the fanbase that got the players more organised.
It's not the fanbase that signed 4 key players in January.
It's not the fanbase that had a word with Andros and got him lifting his efforts in training to match his efforts when on International duty.
It's not the fanbase that has got Wayne performing to a higher standard.
It's not the fanbase that identified that Liverpool were weak on corners and exploited it.
It's not the fanbase that got rid of seemingly deadwood backroom staff.
It is the players (bar the Jan signings) that got Super Al the sack in the first place.

So it would be only right that the display acknowledged the two Sams and the rest of the backroom staff for their contribution surely?

libran
26-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Seriously, it would be pretty poor if we don't acknowledge The two Sam's contribution?

So it would be only right that the display acknowledged the two Sams and the rest of the backroom staff for their contribution surely?

I think they said they would do a display that celebrated the spirit at the entire club, which is a good way of recognising everyone's contribution without falling at anyone's feet 10 games in. Works for me.

Incredible turnaround that manager, players and fans alike should be proud of - all led by a local captain and youth product too :p

eagle mart
26-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Built on a house of cards - just 8 games. Lose the first 8 next season and there'll be dogs abuse.

They know the score, win and you're gods, lose and you're the devil. Everything else in between is just noise.

Ash
26-04-2017, 09:53 AM

Why's that?

SilentAssassin
26-04-2017, 09:57 AM

It's not the fanbase that had a word with Andros and got him lifting his efforts in training to match his efforts when on International duty.
It's not the fanbase that identified that Liverpool were weak on corners and exploited it.
It is the players (bar the Jan signings) that got Super Al the sack in the first place.

So I think it

You don't even know what the display is going to be yet. :D

No one in the group is unaware of the teams improved performances. However, I massively disagree with you on the point that the fans have had no part to play in our turn of fortunes. The Sunderland game saw the probably one of the lowest states this club has seen since Peter Taylor's season in charge of the club. The fans hadn't been that disconnected from the players in a very long time and there was a lot of bad blood from it. You could see it on the message boards as well as the stands, even in the HF you could see it and players, rightly or wrongly were called out on their commitment to the club and their own teammates.
You are talking about things that the fans have no control over, whilst my post was in reference to what the fans do have control over and what effect it can and was having throughout the season.

It is testament to us as a fanbase to of put that behind us and give the players a platform to come out and perform from a clean slate which happened against Boro when together we rallied to get behind the squad before kick off, which was recognised by the players themselves and still is. Even the new players like Sakho and Luka have tapped into that mentality that the fans are the 12th player on the pitch which has an effect on the way the players play.
Some may not get that attachment, like yourself or take on the matters and that is fair enough, we all have different levels of attachment to the club or why we support the club but I personally see it as that the fans are the beating soul of the club, we'll be here long after most players and management staff and as we see the season out I think we ourselves remember the role we have played in restoring that togetherness and spirit that makes us unique as a club.

Whatever the display is going to be, I'm sure it will be another moment in which we can display our uniqueness and passion for our football club. :p

libran
26-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Built on a house of cards - just 8 games. Lose the first 8 next season and there'll be dogs abuse.

They know the score, win and you're gods, lose and you're the devil. Everything else in between is just noise.

Spot on. Enjoy it while it lasts but not get carried away.

TheArtfulDodger
26-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Donations have been going well online but its a large sum of money we are attempting to raise and so we will press on until we have reached the target. In addition to donating online via bank transfer or Pay Pal there will be donation buckets in the Holmesdale stand, pre game, half time and post game predominately in the area behind block b and the smoking area in the lower Holmesdale. Much appreciated to everyone who has donated already.

switchboard
26-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Donations have been going well online but its a large sum of money we are attempting to raise and so we will press on until we have reached the target. In addition to donating online via bank transfer or Pay Pal there will be donation buckets in the Holmesdale stand, pre game, half time and post game predominately in the area behind block b and the smoking area in the lower Holmesdale. Much appreciated to everyone who has donated already.

Wait until the weekend for a spike in donations as it is payday weekend.

Yoda
26-04-2017, 11:37 AM
One of the best.Announced to the world the Premier league had a new club different to all the others.

Spot on.

It was colourful and attractive, but also had that little element of grit in the message of 'let the games begin'.

Palace have arrived and we're going to enjoy ourselves, but we aren't just here to make up the numbers and we mean business.

Maidstoned Eagle
26-04-2017, 11:43 AM

You're forgetting lee and his walkout, that numpty who tried to hit Damo and all the fans that booed Andros......

Archiebald Leitch
26-04-2017, 12:06 PM
FFS Eltron, you must sit in the old stand yet missed that the turning point of the season was when an old stander yelled 'my word' at the players as they left the field at half time v Sunderland. That fan definitely turned the season round, not the management who have nothing to do with it.

Have we ever won a game when there has been one of these displays? They do look good but we mustn't enhance a jinx, if displays are indeed a jinx.

SilentAssassin
26-04-2017, 12:10 PM
FFS Eltron, you must sit in the old stand yet missed that the turning point of the season was when an old stander yelled 'my word' at the players as they left the field at half time v Sunderland. That fan definitely turned the season round, not the management who have nothing to do with it.

Have we ever won a game when there has been one of these displays? They do look good but we mustn't enhance a jinx, if displays are indeed a jinx.

3-0 against Brighton stands out. The hark now hear sash display. :lux:

Andy Newton
26-04-2017, 12:18 PM
sent something via paypal :)

les aigles
26-04-2017, 01:05 PM
I will look out for the donation buckets tonight in the Lower Holmesdale but if not will send some money to your bank account tomorrow.

Love all the displays - awesome!

ChiswickEagle
26-04-2017, 01:11 PM
F

Cardiff semi final

eltron
26-04-2017, 01:13 PM
You don't even know what the display is going to be yet. :D

No one in the group is unaware of the teams improved performances. However, I massively disagree with you on the point that the fans have had no part to play in our turn of fortunes. The Sunderland game saw the probably one of the lowest states this club has seen since Peter Taylor's season in charge of the club. The fans hadn't been that disconnected from the players in a very long time and there was a lot of bad blood from it. You could see it on the message boards as well as the stands, even in the HF you could see it and players, rightly or wrongly were called out on their commitment to the club and their own teammates.
You are talking about things that the fans have no control over, whilst my post was in reference to what the fans do have control over and what effect it can and was having throughout the season.

It is testament to us as a fanbase to of put that behind us and give the players a platform to come out and perform from a clean slate which happened against Boro when together we rallied to get behind the squad before kick off, which was recognised by the players themselves and still is. Even the new players like Sakho and Luka have tapped into that mentality that the fans are the 12th player on the pitch which has an effect on the way the players play.
Some may not get that attachment, like yourself or take on the matters and that is fair enough, we all have different levels of attachment to the club or why we support the club but I personally see it as that the fans are the beating soul of the club, we'll be here long after most players and management staff and as we see the season out I think we ourselves remember the role we have played in restoring that togetherness and spirit that makes us unique as a club.

Whatever the display is going to be, I'm sure it will be another moment in which we can display our uniqueness and passion for our football club. :p

I know I don't know what the display is yet.
But when you were asked what would be on it or if the Sams would get acknowledged, you never said that they would - instead mentioned the "fanbase" and players - intimating that the turnaround was entirely down to the fact that some supporters had decided to stop moaning and abusing - making it a miserable experience for the players to play in front of - and actually get behind the team again. That's what we should have been doing.

Of course I get that attachment.
Playing in front of fans that get behind the team is always better than barracking - or silly silent protests.

I just hope that the management get acknowledged as well.

I know the HF were quick to dig out Sam on his home debut with a banner.
I know that some managers were never taken to by the HF - hence the shameful "South London's Red and Blue Army" chants.

I just think that personalities and egos should be put to one side and all aspects of the turnaround be acknowledged.

ForzaPalace
26-04-2017, 01:34 PM
But when you were asked what would be on it or if the Sams would get acknowledged, you never said that they would - instead mentioned the "fanbase" and players - intimating that the turnaround was entirely down to the fact that some supporters had decided to stop moaning and abusing - making it a miserable experience for the players to play in front of - and actually get behind the team again. That's what we should have been doing.

Playing in front of fans that get behind the team is always better than barracking - or silly silent protests.

I know that some managers were never taken to by the HF - hence the shameful "South London's Red and Blue Army" chants.

I just think that personalities and egos should be put to one side and all aspects of the turnaround be acknowledged.

If you want to organise your own display for Allardyce, feel free

eltron
26-04-2017, 01:35 PM
By the way - I think the displays are always brilliant.

SilentAssassin
26-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Look, we are enjoying a good run at the moment, there is no doubt about that. But, as mentioned before, we shouldn't be getting carried away with ourseleves just yet during Allardyce first good spell in charge here. Most people I speak to say the same and I think it is a fair point given our recent relationships with managers at the club.
As I said before, I think the fans played a huge role in the way the team had turned it around and it's fine if you disagree with that or not. Personally I think we were right to question what was going on at the club at that time due to the upheaval of Pardew sacking and the state he left the club in. On top of that there were many things going on around the club at the time which coincided with Allardyce's appointment in which we were still suffering defeats. At that time, the support was there until the Sunderland game if the belief wasn't. Hence why I believe it is right that we as a fanbase recogonise what a huge role we played in restoring that belief in the stands and giving the players a clean slate to work from.

South London's red and blue army are London's unique supporters.

Bubble Wrap
26-04-2017, 02:16 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/a8/c5/c9a8c57c74b9fb8f238fcb9902a62125.jpg

:p:p

That display was brilliant apart from the Skull thing.
Something like that would be great. The Leicester display last week was great with the whole ground involved. I noticed they collected the flags up before the game started though to use again which is a smart move.

ForzaPalace
26-04-2017, 02:20 PM
That display was brilliant apart from the Skull thing.
Something like that would be great. The Leicester display last week was great with the whole ground involved. I noticed they collected the flags up before the game started though to use again which is a smart move.

The 'skull thing' is the puppet from SAW, of which the entire display was derived.

libran
26-04-2017, 03:11 PM

That's laid on and paid for by the club, alongside their 'clappers.' The point behind these displays is they're fan powered and have meaning - let's not look to them for inspiration.

Chunt
26-04-2017, 03:16 PM
If you want to organise your own display for Allardyce, feel free

Lol - Preach..

Bipe
26-04-2017, 03:19 PM
That's laid on and paid for by the club, alongside their 'clappers.' The point behind these displays is they're fan powered and have meaning - let's not look to them for inspiration.

Agreed - keep it real man, as David Cameron once said.

eltron
26-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Look, we are enjoying a good run at the moment, there is no doubt about that. But, as mentioned before, we shouldn't be getting carried away with ourseleves just yet during Allardyce first good spell in charge here. Most people I speak to say the same and I think it is a fair point given our recent relationships with managers at the club.
As I said before, I think the fans played a huge role in the way the team had turned it around and it's fine if you disagree with that or not. Personally I think we were right to question what was going on at the club at that time due to the upheaval of Pardew sacking and the state he left the club in. On top of that there were many things going on around the club at the time which coincided with Allardyce's appointment in which we were still suffering defeats. At that time, the support was there until the Sunderland game if the belief wasn't. Hence why I believe it is right that we as a fanbase recogonise what a huge role we played in restoring that belief in the stands and giving the players a clean slate to work from.

South London's red and blue army are London's unique supporters.
....so Sam's contribution doesn't merit acknowledgement? So our turnaround has nothing to do with him and it's all about the link between the "fanbase" and the players... Nice.

nicknackpalace
26-04-2017, 04:22 PM
My word, is this another thread that has descended into petty bickering?

libran
26-04-2017, 04:28 PM

Chunt
26-04-2017, 04:55 PM
....so Sam's contribution doesn't merit acknowledgement? So our turnaround has nothing to do with him and it's all about the link between the "fanbase" and the players... Nice.

They're entitled to do a display about what they want. Like FP said above, if you want to do a display about Big Sam get the money together, put the time in and organise it yourself. They have never claimed that the displays are a democracy i.e. chip in and you can choose who it's about, the idea is that you put the money in and assume that the displays will be top class (which to date they have... except maybe the slightly phallic fortress Selhurst one).

SilentAssassin
26-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Not sure why you need to fish out on this. I'm sure fans are and have acknowledged Allardyce's good run and I'm sure others will as the season is played out should they so wish.

The group has never done a full stand display for a management team that has been here half a season, especially a management team with no links to the club previously in any capacity. These displays are there to celebrate the club, our culture, our heritage and mentality as supporters of the club. I can only offer you apology if the display ends up not wanting what you want it to be. :D

Anyway, on to another smashing atmosphere in the stands tonight. :p

crenoleagle
26-04-2017, 04:58 PM

They/he haven't said that at all. It's a display made by them and they can put whatever they want on it. Chip in or don't bother but stop making out like they have an agenda against Sam.

lombardo7
26-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Perhaps Big Fat Sam and Little Fat Sam need to go to the pub with the men in black to massage their egos.

Any fireworks planned?

Les Butler
26-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Well done to the group and all the Palace support for getting behind Palace even when things were not going that great....Nothing but praise for making our support one of the loudest and the most talked about support in the Prem.

Don't worry about the few who will grumble about anything, well done again !!!

Ismale
26-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Just a question for anyone with a better memory then me! :D

Barring the Win V Spurs,where Punch got the winner,2-1,in January 2015,Which IIRC? was Pardew's debut home game in charge? then,apart from that? have we ever won a game when we've done a display? Even in our Championship days?

It seems like an unlucky Omen to me! & Before People think this is a dig at the HF i'd like to clarify that it is'nt,just a question thats been bugging me for a while?

Im FAR! from thier biggest fan but,credit where its due,They really have stepped up to the mark in recent times since the unsavoury scenes by the tunnel at the end of the Sunderland game,Atmosphere really has been ramped up IMO.

Keep it up! :p

(& Lets WIN! next time we do a display!)

gamesmeister
26-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Donation sent

audreytatou
26-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Well done HF!! Been fantastic watching and listening you in Australia and be assured the football world has taken notice. Looking forward to hearing you louder than ever for the rest of the season! donation sent.

blanksight
26-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Just a question for anyone with a better memory then me! :D

Barring the Win V Spurs,where Punch got the winner,2-1,in January 2015,Which IIRC? was Pardew's debut home game in charge? then,apart from that? have we ever won a game when we've done a display? Even in our Championship days?

It seems like an unlucky Omen to me! & Before People think this is a dig at the HF i'd like to clarify that it is'nt,just a question thats been bugging me for a while?

Im FAR! from thier biggest fan but,credit where its due,They really have stepped up to the mark in recent times since the unsavoury scenes by the tunnel at the end of the Sunderland game,Atmosphere really has been ramped up IMO.

Keep it up! :p

(& Lets WIN! next time we do a display!)

Heard this one before and someone made a list of about 15 games with tifos that we'd won. off the top of my head, Sunderland 2013.

blanksight
26-04-2017, 11:17 PM
3-0 against Brighton stands out. The hark now hear sash display. :lux:

That was at the 0-0.

Pointsforprizes
27-04-2017, 01:29 AM
Boycott the display after not supporting big Sam tonight. Do HF still have their "corruption not wanted" flag they had when he arrived?

hcm
27-04-2017, 01:48 AM
Boycott the display after not supporting big Sam tonight. Do HF still have their "corruption not wanted" flag they had when he arrived?

Sam Allardyce is not bigger than the club. If you'd rather show support to a crooked mercenary rather than the club more fool you.

the drexciyan
27-04-2017, 03:53 AM
Nothing but respect from here for the HF who put their balls and serious effort and time into making the displays and associated artwork that goes into it. All the best with this one too.

Oli28
27-04-2017, 05:56 AM
That was at the 0-0.
1-1, season before promotion

Ninjas Headband
27-04-2017, 05:57 AM

What happened to freedom of speech? Does anyone have a go at you for not singing certain chants?

Will be donating to the display, later today.

Gizmo
27-04-2017, 08:15 AM

There have been quite a few already

eltron
27-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Sam Allardyce is not bigger than the club. If you'd rather show support to a crooked mercenary rather than the club more fool you.

"Mercenary"?
Or Professional - like the players who are looking for the best financial deal?

blanksight
27-04-2017, 11:05 AM

Do you want corruption at Palace then?

eltron
27-04-2017, 11:19 AM

They had banners celebrating Malcolm Allison before - and he was corrupt.
In cahoots with Venables.

Selhurst Celtic
27-04-2017, 11:21 AM

Can he play centre back?

eltron
Not sure why you need to fish out on this. I'm sure fans are and have acknowledged Allardyce's good run and I'm sure others will as the season is played out should they so wish.

The group has never done a full stand display for a management team that has been here half a season, especially a management team with no links to the club previously in any capacity. These displays are there to celebrate the club, our culture, our heritage and mentality as supporters of the club. I can only offer you apology if the display ends up not wanting what you want it to be. :D

Anyway, on to another smashing atmosphere in the stands tonight. :p

the club, our culture, our heritage and mentality

lol - I can see a game of HF Bingo coming on...

....Clickety Click - fanbase
Maggies Den - South London
On it's own - Unbreakable....

blanksight
They had banners celebrating Malcolm Allison before - and he was corrupt.
In cahoots with Venables.

You've not answered the question.

SilentAssassin
27-04-2017, 11:24 AM
the club, our culture, our heritage and mentality

lol - I can see a game of HF Bingo coming on...

....Clickety Click - fanbase
Maggies Den - South London
On it's own - Unbreakable....

:D Bless you, you're a touchy soul aren't you?

SilentAssassin
28-04-2017, 09:24 AM
We have just gone past the halfway stage to fund the display at the last home game of the season. A huge thankyou again to everyone that has chipped in. These displays wouldn't be possible without your help and donations and it is always humbling to see all the messages of positivity about previous and future displays.

We are still working on getting an IBAN set up for bank transfers for those abroad that wish to contribute. Hopefully after the bank holiday I'll be able to post up the number for the account.

For those that still want to donate the details are;

Account Name: Holmesdale Fanatics
Account: 50305359
Sort Code: 20-84-20

The paypal account;
hf05merch@hotmail.com

On top of that, once again tomorrow there will be guys doing bucket collections at The Holmesdale pub and in the concourse pre-match and at half time. Let's see the team out in style in our last two home games and secure staying up!

RDSdaEAGLE
28-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Donation made :p

SilentAssassin
28-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Just got hold of the IBAN number for those of you abroad that want to donate;

GB36 BARC 20842050305359

MasterYoda
02-05-2017, 07:20 AM
I love the displays so don't take this the wrong way. I could be wrong but my impression is we have a higher percentage loss rate when we do these displays.

Maybe we don't want to do this before the Hull game after all?

Malarkey
02-05-2017, 07:24 AM
I love the displays so don't take this the wrong way. I could be wrong but my impression is we have a higher percentage loss rate when we do these displays.

Don't think there's any correlation tbh

orp pisshead1
02-05-2017, 07:24 AM

So as well as refs, beeb, oppo forwards ,PL , the displays hate us too :sob:

MasterYoda
02-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Don't think there's any correlation tbh

I'd love someone to work it out - but certainly feels that way.

And yes I'm paranoid.

liberal clubber
02-05-2017, 12:15 PM

surely you are on your own on that one?
If we make it- he's a genius.
oh sorry-end of:afro:

milky87
02-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Sam Allardyce is not bigger than the club

If any individual is bigger than the club then surely it is Allardyce

jmemour
03-05-2017, 12:12 PM

That's because they're done at home games.

switchboard
03-05-2017, 03:27 PM
If any individual is bigger than the club then surely it is Allardyce

Is that a jibe at his weight? if so it is funny.

If you think he is bigger than Palace you need your head checked.

Penstone Eagle
03-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Display, live TV game, crucial game.

= Defeat.

TheArtfulDodger
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Donations have been going very well. We have ordered the bulk of the display but are still around 300 short of our final total. If anyone hasn't donated yet anything will be greatly received. We will also open up setting up in the ground to everyone and will post details of this later next week. Many thanks to everyone that has donated.

Flappy Chicken
04-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Don't fall foul of the tv cameras again!!!

milky87
04-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Is that a jibe at his weight? if so it is funny.

blanksight
04-05-2017, 11:28 AM

We lose a high percentage of games anyway

iwozjacko
06-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Biggest game of season now. Donated to bump this, meant to chip in last week when I got paid but better late than never!

NorthPalace23
06-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Display, live TV game, crucial game.

= Defeat.

Agreed.

Have we ever had a display which hasn't been followed by a defeat?

PremierPalace
06-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Agreed.

Have we ever had a display which hasn't been followed by a defeat?

To be fair, I remember our displays against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool etc.. i.e. the big games against big teams that are on TV.. (probably why they were chosen partly). This is probably the reason for such a low win rate after them. Worrying though it is!

Robson
07-05-2017, 01:41 AM
The atmosphere needs to be massive for this, the biggest game since the playoff final.

BBK
07-05-2017, 05:58 AM
To be fair, I remember our displays against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool etc.. i.e. the big games against big teams that are on TV.. (probably why they were chosen partly). This is probably the reason for such a low win rate after them. Worrying though it is!

The club existed before the EPL, hard to believe I know.

New LP
07-05-2017, 06:16 AM

What did he actually do that was 'corrupt'?

orp pisshead1
07-05-2017, 06:22 AM

:D

orp pisshead1
07-05-2017, 06:23 AM

What does give me hope next Sunday is that we'll be playing our away game( counter attack ) as Hull have to win.

jjeagle
07-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Bit late but donation just made.

bonzo
07-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Just donated via PayPal.

PremierPalace
07-05-2017, 10:40 AM
The club existed before the EPL, hard to believe I know.

WTF has that got to do with my post? I mentioned that I remember recent displays against those teams, teams that are very hard for us to beat. Hence why some may think we have a bad record with displays.

I'm well aware that football existed before the EPL, but I was born in 1996, so wasn't around for the 'old days' with Kember, Cannon, Wright and Bright, Thomas etc... I was talking from my own experience, no need to be a :jerkit: about it

carter
07-05-2017, 11:42 AM
The atmosphere needs to be massive for this, the biggest game since the playoff final.

You've completely wiped out last May from your memory then? :D

blanksight
07-05-2017, 01:10 PM
What did he actually do that was 'corrupt'?

Agree to accept illegal payments for insider information and access to players? But that's irrelevant. How can you have a problem with the HF displaying a no corruption banner? Whether Allardyce is manager or not, it's a sentiment that you can't disagree with, surely?

mogsey1510
07-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Donations have been going very well. We have ordered the bulk of the display but are still around 300 short of our final total. If anyone hasn't donated yet anything will be greatly received. We will also open up setting up in the ground to everyone and will post details of this later next week. Many thanks to everyone that has donated.
20 donated towards the fund .... make it the best ever!!!!!!

Robson
07-05-2017, 08:11 PM
You've completely wiped out last May from your memory then? :D
It's bigger than that IMO. Relegation will have a very real impact on the club.

BBK
07-05-2017, 10:18 PM
WTF has that got to do with my post? I mentioned that I remember recent displays against those teams, teams that are very hard for us to beat. Hence why some may think we have a bad record with displays.

I'm well aware that football existed before the EPL, but I was born in 1996, so wasn't around for the 'old days' with Kember, Cannon, Wright and Bright, Thomas etc... I was talking from my own experience, no need to be a :jerkit: about it

Displays aren't done based on who we play nor TV audience.

carter
07-05-2017, 10:22 PM
It's bigger than that IMO. Relegation will have a very real impact on the club.

Not for me. I'll probably see Palace relegated at least another 10 times in my life but I doubt I'll ever see Palace win a few trophies, let alone one

Ninjas Headband
08-05-2017, 05:52 AM
Not for me. I'll probably see Palace relegated at least another 10 times in my life but I doubt I'll ever see Palace win a few trophies, let alone one

Yep! Football should never be just about money. Would have loved to have seen us lift the FA Cup. One day, maybe.

AddiscombeEagle
08-05-2017, 06:07 AM

Agree, the disappointment of losing that was huge, getting relegated won't compare to that.

N Herts Eagle
08-05-2017, 06:32 AM
What in my lifetime I have seen only 7 relegations ....

Palace Dan
08-05-2017, 06:49 AM
Arsenal 3 Palace 0 was one sad game to be at!! :(

Hector
08-05-2017, 07:28 AM

That was a good day out. Relegation may well change the future of the club for years to come. Whether people like it or not staying in the Premier League is a must if we want to develop the stadium, academy and training facilities none of which will be possible losing money in the championship.

Sunday we as fans have to give it everything, if we are nervous that will transmit to the players. Hull have nothing to lose, get beat and they are pretty much dead.

PremierPalace
08-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Displays aren't done based on who we play nor TV audience.

But the point I was making was in reference to having a poor record with them. You latched onto a side point that I thought may explain why those games were chosen. Though I suspect 'you got the money we got the soul' was only shown because we played Man City, as opposed to say, Burnley

MasterYoda
08-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Staying up is far more important than winning the cup was.

No player left the club because we didn't win the cup.
No-one slashed our budget because we didn't win the cup.
Perhaps most importantly no-one laid off half the non-playing staff because we didn't win the cup.

As nice as it would have been to win the cup we got over it pretty quickly. We could take years to get over going down in the next fortnight.

Malarkey
08-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Staying up is far more important than winning the cup was.

No player left the club because we didn't win the cup.
No-one slashed our budget because we didn't win the cup.
Perhaps most importantly no-one laid off half the non-playing staff because we didn't win the cup.

As nice as it would have been to win the cup we got over it pretty quickly. We could take years to get over going down in the next fortnight.

Also, us remaining in this division gives us a far better chance of winning the cup.

If we want successes, we first need to lay down the foundation.

MasterYoda
08-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Also, us remaining in this division gives us a far better chance of winning the cup.

If we want successes, we first need to lay down the foundation.

Totally. Staying up this season we have a say 1% chance of winning the cup next season. Going down and it's 0.001%.

(numbers not likely to be accurate but representative)

Harry Holmesdale
08-05-2017, 11:12 AM

This all day long

Sp1Eagle
08-05-2017, 11:48 AM
How much is still needed?

SilentAssassin
10-05-2017, 08:48 AM
How much is still needed?

I believe so. Incredible effort once again to raise so much in such a short space of time. Work started on Monday with some lads working through the night the past two nights. :p

Setting up nicely to be a top day on Sunday even despite the early kick off. Looking forward to seeing it all finished and a top atmosphere in the ground as we secure safety! :lux:

Ninjas Headband
10-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Good to hear. Thanks to all those who give their time & effort with putting the displays together.

Kirby
10-05-2017, 09:37 AM
^^

What he said. Great effort. Can't wait to be part of it.

Thefunkymonk
10-05-2017, 09:49 AM
I believe so. Incredible effort once again to raise so much in such a short space of time. Work started on Monday with some lads working through the night the past two nights. :p

Setting up nicely to be a top day on Sunday even despite the early kick off. Looking forward to seeing it all finished and top atmosphere in the ground as we secure safety! :lux:

Well done gents.

Now for everyone to get in by 1130 and get the place bouncing

blanksight
10-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I'd happily win the cup the take a long spiral down to the Conference myself. No number of years in the Prem equals a trophy. However, being in the Prem gives us the opprtunity to build the team that will win us a cup.

silver
10-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Sent sorry it's late ,and a big thank you to all who are making this happen,true Palace as always .

tasty_snacks
10-05-2017, 11:40 PM
We should clear about 100 from the Selhurst Six Aside - I'll zap it over now.

EDIT - are the old account details still OK, 60-08-14, xxxx6395? I need a card reader thing to change and don't got one at present.

Flappy Chicken
11-05-2017, 02:36 AM
Totally. Staying up this season we have a say 19% :eek: chance, Going down and it's 0.001% :eek:.

(numbers not likely to be accurate but representative)

Edit!!! :hi:

pallet
11-05-2017, 10:25 AM

EDIT - are the old account details still OK, 60-08-14, xxxx6395? I need a card reader thing to change and don't got one at present.

That was our beer festival money:veryangry:p

SilentAssassin
11-05-2017, 12:54 PM

I believe that account doesn't exist anymore.

I'll send you a pm. :p

Further donations are always greatly appreciated as it will set us up nicely for next season's displays.

Carlise Few
11-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Donation done - great effort!

ElwissAtMemphis
12-05-2017, 01:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_jMTgcUIAEDkT8.jpg

Shipp Ahoy!
12-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Looking forward to it :p

Hope the club/players remember the crowd doesn't end with the HF if they do a lap after the game this year though...

Robson
12-05-2017, 11:12 PM
This needs to happen to help boost the atmos - midday on a Sunday is not ideal.

lee_cpfc
13-05-2017, 03:47 PM
not donated as was led to believe the money lines the pockets of the HF and the club actually funds the displays anyway

Dj 784
13-05-2017, 03:53 PM
not donated as was led to believe the money lines the pockets of the HF and the club actually funds the displays anyway

Will you be staging a walk out in protest?

eagles #1
13-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Will you be staging a walk out in protest?

:D He doesn't even go to games.

Owngoal
13-05-2017, 03:56 PM
This is what is going wrong with our support. Noise is the thing that will raise the spirits of the team and intimidate the Hull players and fans. Feck messing around with little squares of paper. We are not at primary school

Nostrils
13-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Don't know if it's already posted, but are people turning up early again?

Penstone Eagle
13-05-2017, 04:07 PM
This is what is going wrong with our support. Noise is the thing that will raise the spirits of the team and intimidate the Hull players and fans. Feck messing around with little squares of paper. We are not at primary school

And these big displays on TV games have a habit if backfiring, almost as if it encourages the opposition to ram it down our throats.

Robson
13-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Don't know if it's already posted, but are people turning up early again?
Well it's a 12.00 KO so they better had do!

Nostrils
13-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Well it's a 12.00 KO so they better had do!
I mean early, early. 12:00 kick offs are shit as it is, let alone a game like this.

Mr Bo Jangles
13-05-2017, 04:35 PM
As many people as possible in the ground by 11-30, we need to be rocking the place for half hour before kick off, otherwise it can be difficult to get the atmosphere going with everyone nervous and devoid of alcohol.

Ardent Eagle Forever
13-05-2017, 04:50 PM
As many people as possible in the ground by 11-30, we need to be rocking the place for half hour before kick off, otherwise it can be difficult to get the atmosphere going with everyone nervous and devoid of alcohol.

Why? Whatever the supporters do at home doesn't seem to raise the players. We have won more games away from home that at Selhurst in the last three years. We actually might be better off playing this game at Hull.

I will however be there in the upper tier about 30 minutes before the game starts.

mylona
13-05-2017, 05:01 PM

Throw your season ticket on the pitch at the end of the game.

Oli28
13-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Can you not do both?

Polak
13-05-2017, 05:39 PM
devoid of alcohol.
Really?:supergrin:

Owngoal
13-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Can you not do both?

Honestly I think the atmosphere has been at its best and loudest when we don't have displays. Next people will say its better when we have smoke bombs

Selhurst Celtic
13-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I've heard they blow the money on beak & booze too.

How can I join the HF please?

Selhurst Celtic
13-05-2017, 06:23 PM

I'm going to hold my square of paper in front of my face every time the ball goes anywhere near Hennessey.

:vader:

Penstone Eagle
13-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Why? Whatever the supporters do at home doesn't seem to raise the players. We have won more games away from home that at Selhurst in the last three years. We actually might be better off playing this game at Hull.

I will however be there in the upper tier about 30 minutes before the game starts.

Dead right about the players not responding, I wonder if it'll ever be the case that players give the fans a lift?

Penstone Eagle
13-05-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm going to hold my square of paper in front of my face every time the ball goes anywhere near Hennessey.

:vader:

:D

dav434
13-05-2017, 10:13 PM

I think we won the Boro game at home because of the fans, to be honest

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
14-05-2017, 07:34 AM
:D[QUOTE=Selhurst Celtic;13626248]I'm going to hold my square of paper in front of my face every time the ball goes anywhere near Hennessey.

:D :D

old git
14-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Honestly I think the atmosphere has been at its best and loudest when we don't have displays. Next people will say its better when we have smoke bombs

Charlton was good.:p

Yoda
14-05-2017, 07:51 AM

As they tend to release a smoke bomb to celebrate us scoring, I'd be happy to see several today.

blanksight
14-05-2017, 11:55 AM

keep smoking that crack pipe

Terrace Bickle
14-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Fantastic display.

ANDI29
14-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Any images guys

drac234cpfc
14-05-2017, 01:07 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Crystal+Palace+v+Hull+City+Premier+League+GwoLCoKj Pkkx.jpg

Ninjas Headband
14-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Video, including aerial view;
https://www.facebook.com/officialcpfc/videos/10155306510320762/

switchboard
14-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Beautiful!

Lombardo 888
14-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Great effort today and another great display. Great support from tha HF all year. Sorry for this but the red blue AND BLACK, did nothing for me. Some might interpret this as being more about the HF than the team. It's picky I know but that was my very first thought. Keep it up next year guys. Excellent stuff. Red and blue army.

Smithers-Jones
14-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Some might might they

transworld
14-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Maybe a hint at next years away kit.

Kevlon
14-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Great effort today and another great display. Great support from tha HF all year. Sorry for this but the red blue AND BLACK, did nothing for me. Some might interpret this as being more about the HF than the team. It's picky I know but that was my very first thought. Keep it up next year guys. Excellent stuff. Red and blue army.

I think you might be on your own there mate!

The black was obviously used to make the red and blue stand out more.

Danny_Cheviot
14-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Brilliant. Thank you to everyone who worked on this, it's been a very special day.

Ninjas Headband
14-05-2017, 02:48 PM

There's black in the badge. The display is about us all standing behind the club badge. That said, where's the white? ;)

nash84
14-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Great game, great fans, great day...thanks for the effort with the display...can now enjoy man Utd away...have to say I didn't like the display (probably the first I haven't liked) felt a bit underwhelming in comparison to others we have done...plenty more opportunities next season

CPFC.1990
14-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Was the black representing the HF?

Not saying there is anything wrong with it as it's their display, just wondering.

French Eagle
14-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Fantastic display Well done to all concerned

Pierre
14-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Display looked very effective from the pictures. Well done to everyone involved. Fantastic result today! Now lets hope we can move onto slightly higher ambitions next season!

DARZET EAGLE
14-05-2017, 03:10 PM
I think you might be on your own there mate!

The black was obviously used to make the red and blue stand out more.

This.

eagles #1
14-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Very good display.

DARZET EAGLE
14-05-2017, 03:11 PM
A great display, coupled with the usual fantastic vocal support.

eaglejez
14-05-2017, 03:14 PM
well done to all involved :p:)

andreworam69
14-05-2017, 03:32 PM
The display was compared to others SHIT! only have to look at the Tottenham one when we first come up! STANDARDS have slipped!

Dorking .Eagle
14-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Just seeing all the streamers and leaflets in the upper, it was clear this was a massive effort. Well done HF, also for getting the noise started during the warm up.

The hunt is on indeed

Sp1Eagle
14-05-2017, 03:39 PM
The display was compared to others SHIT! only have to look at the Tottenham one when we first come up! STANDARDS have slipped!

A club display vs a fan display :jerkit:

jimmy the gent
14-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Maybe a hint at next years away kit.

Two hoops with black trim? I bloody hope not!

Great display, looks brilliant on that overhead shot in the video.

SJPLDN
14-05-2017, 04:04 PM

The amount of work that goes into our displays is massive and entirely fan funded! Lads worked around the clock sorting todays display...what was your contribution?

Want to have some generic boring corporate flag waving paid for by rich owners like Tottenham...then go and support them :p

NorthPalace23
14-05-2017, 04:06 PM
For those who watched on TV, was the display shown?

Baffled Bob 2
14-05-2017, 04:07 PM
The amount of work that goes into our displays is massive and entirely fan funded! Lads worked around the clock sorting todays display...what was your contribution?

Want to have some generic boring corporate flag waving paid for by rich owners like Tottenham...then go and support them :p

He's a plum.

SE25Woman
14-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Magnificent display from the HF - inspirational to both players and supporters. Thanks to all involved in it's production, funding and execution. Thanks also to whoever tied the steamers to the fencing of the school here in Woodside - was lovely to see it on my way home.

mrgins
14-05-2017, 04:41 PM
For those who watched on TV, was the display shown?

Not on nbc, although I started watching only a couple of minutes before kickoff

Gizmo
14-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Red Blue and Black now then are we ?? Or is that next season by special request :):)

blanksight
14-05-2017, 05:50 PM
photos of the streamers?

blanksight
14-05-2017, 05:50 PM
A club display vs a fan display :jerkit:

The display vs Spurs was fan funded and organised, like all the displays at Palace.

SilentAssassin
14-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Can we accept that displays don't equal defeats now? :D

Great display, thanks to everyone that made it possible by chucking in what they can. We'll go again and on to bigger things next season! Up the Palace!

Ruskin Old Boy
14-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Well done - looked great from the Main Stand.

Biggineagle
14-05-2017, 05:58 PM
For those who watched on TV, was the display shown?From my armchair didnt see it :(

little al
14-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Looked great, but full stand? Does the upper tier not count?

blanksight
14-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Looked great, but full stand? Does the upper tier not count?

2000 streamers in the upper tier

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 06:11 PM

Unfortunately when I got there about 45 mins before kick off seemed the wind had blow most of them off the seats and they were unravelled all over the floor

Good effort to all involved.

blanksight
14-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately when I got there about 45 mins before kick off seemed the wind had blow most of them off the seats and they were unravelled all over the floor

Good effort to all involved.

somewhat annoying

wrightchipvcfc
14-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Great effort lads great day all round

little al
14-05-2017, 06:16 PM

Yeah, a bit shit for a "full stand display". As I said, there has been better.

Maidstoned Eagle
14-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Yeah, a bit shit for a "full stand display". As I said, there has been better.

I'm sure you will do better when you get to selhurst

Sam Spade
14-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Well done - looked great from the Main Stand.

This.^^^^:p

little al
14-05-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm sure you will do better when you get to selhurst

As will you.

James
14-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Short video here:

-oixA88eNp8

Sp1Eagle
14-05-2017, 06:26 PM
The display vs Spurs was fan funded and organised, like all the displays at Palace.

Sorry misread it, thought he was talking about the the Spurs display today.

redandblue
14-05-2017, 06:39 PM
I think it was really good as the HF have been a bit "elitist" in the past this display said to me everyone in the Holmesdale can be part of the HF and that has to be good doesn't it ?

glaziers fan
14-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Massive credit to the HF. Credit to our club.