PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Hull (home)

glaziers fan
06-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Obviously depends on injuries (assuming Dann + Sakho out) but hopefully:

-----------------------Henessey----------------------------
Ward--------Tomkins-----------Delaney----------Schlupp
Townsend----Cabaye---------Milivojevic--------Van Aanholt
--------------Benteke-------------Zaha------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
McArthur
Puncheon
Sako
Remy
Campbell

I'd play Delaney for his leadership and experience. I appreciate others might not, but in the big games (like the play-off final where he was MOM) he never lets us down. Schlupp should play left back for his pace. Van Aanholt further forward because he is more comfortable on the ball. Zaha can track back to help out on the left hand side if needed, but ultimately he's the danger man and should look to get close to Benteke. Bring Remy on for PVA and go 4-4-2 if we need a goal, and bolster the midfield with McArthur if we need to. Won't happen, but I've seen enough of Punch and Jimmy for now.

TheCharmer1
06-05-2017, 03:46 PM
so play a formation we haven't played all season in our most crucial game?

glaziers fan
06-05-2017, 03:58 PM
so play a formation we haven't played all season in our most crucial game?

We have played it, but only in away games. But if you want to be picky:

---------------Cabaye-----------Milivojevic-----------------
Townsend--------------Zaha-----------------Van Aanholt
-----------------------Benteke------------------------------

Simmo the Elder
06-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Martyn
Ward --Gilbert---Cannon---Shlupp
Townsend--Kember--Nicholas--G Thomas---Wilf
Benteke

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Sakho will be playing 100% against Hull

Mictor Voses
06-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Speroni Hennessey Mandanda

Ward Kelly Dann Tomkins Sakho Delaney Schlupp

Wilf

Keep a clean sheet and we're safe.

Mr Palace
06-05-2017, 07:02 PM
PvA left wing - are you mad? He's shit in that position. He's maybe an ok left back but he's no winger.

Go back to our best formation. And drop the awful Hennessey.

--------------Speroni-------------

Ward-----Kelly-----Tomkins/Dann----Schlupp

----------------Luka---------------

---------Cabaye-------Puncheon----

Zaha----------------------------Townsend

------------------Benteke----------------

Subs
Mandanda
Delaney
PvA
McArthur
Sako
Remy (even though he's a fraud)
Campbell

glaziers fan
06-05-2017, 07:03 PM
We only need a point so you could play McArthur in the midfield actually

KP'S Nuts
06-05-2017, 07:03 PM
I always thought Ward did well in central mid we could maybe stick kelly at RB push Ward in mid with Luka and Cabaye. We seem to be loosing midfield battles if we only need a point all good tackling players need to be on and puncheon dropped.

maestro
06-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Lets just stop ******* about with formations and play 451 with the best we have

Delaney should play if no-one else comes back

Im going to assume Cabaye comes back

Ward-----Kelly-----Delaney----Schlupp

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Play for a clean sheet but go out and win the football match . Stick 11 men behind the ball and they will still get chances . Come out of the blocks quick and press but keep solid at the back marshalled by Sakho and we will win the match . Play with discipline but not fear as Hull will be far more frightened than us . We have the better support we are at home and we certainly have the better team . Not many 14/1 shots win a 3 horse race with the favourite 1/4 odds on and it won't happen to us either . It's a great opportunity for us to buy Sakho too as when we win with him in command next Sunday it will convince the board he is a must buy . This way we get the double whammy and any other way just wouldn't be Palace :)

Mr Palace
06-05-2017, 07:09 PM

Not good enough. Completely gone missing.

glaziers fan
06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Lets just stop ******* about with formations and play 451 with the best we have

Delaney should play if no-one else comes back

Im going to assume Cabaye comes back

Ward-----Kelly-----Delaney----Schlupp

Sure that will be it, unless Sakho makes it. But Puncheon in your side Maestro?

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Schlupp left back Pva on the bench and swap them later on . Must start with Cabaye if fit he is different class than Mcarthur who himself isn't fit anyway and only been playing because he has had to

maestro
06-05-2017, 07:17 PM

You else is there?

Maybe he might do a Norwich last season

He ******* owes us.

He should keep us up and then call it day

Nostrils
06-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Schlupp left back Pva on the bench and swap them later on . Must start with Cabaye if fit he is different class than Mcarthur who himself isn't fit anyway and only been playing because he has had to

It does look that way, he's a far better player than he has been of recent.

Mr Palace
06-05-2017, 07:20 PM

McArthur has been back a few weeks now. He is fit. He's just playing very badly.

maestro
06-05-2017, 07:25 PM
McArthur has been back a few weeks now. He is fit. He's just playing very badly.

Doesnt look match fit to me mate

Like a cart horse at the moment

cpfcfan1
06-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Hopefully kebab is back next week

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 07:33 PM
He got injured after coming on I believe against Spurs and only played against Burnley because of the Cabaye injury I believe . So yes was back from injury but got another niggle again and has been playing like I say because he more or less has had too . He relies on his fitness and endeavour not guile and skill and a cart horse at the moment is a fair reflection but not his fault if carrying a knock :)

Lydder
06-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Without stating the obvious, this game worries me.

With Spurs in their last game, Hull will see this as an all or nothing game, needing the 3 points to stand any chance of survival. Us on the other hand will be in self preservation mode. Dangerous game.

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Even if Hull do beat us which is highly unlikely they will still lose to Spurs and Man Utd won't put out much against us last game :)

Lydder
06-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Even if Hull do beat us which is highly unlikely they will still lose to Spurs and Man Utd won't put out much against us last game :)

I admire the optimism, the same Spurs that lost 5-1 away to relegated Newcastle, don't rely on them to turn up.

Bizarro
06-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Martyn
Benteke

If Paul Hinshelwoods grandson plays for my son's team tomorrow I'll have a word and he can replace Joel.

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 08:51 PM
I admire the optimism, the same Spurs that lost 5-1 away to relegated Newcastle, don't rely on them to turn up.

You answered your own question the relegated Newcastle , Hull maybe relegated by then but if not it's a different equation :)

Stavros 69
06-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
McArthur
Puncheon
Sako
Remy
Campbell

I'd play Delaney for his leadership and experience. I appreciate others might not, but in the big games (like the play-off final where he was MOM) he never lets us down. Schlupp should play left back for his pace. Van Aanholt further forward because he is more comfortable on the ball. Zaha can track back to help out on the left hand side if needed, but ultimately he's the danger man and should look to get close to Benteke. Bring Remy on for PVA and go 4-4-2 if we need a goal, and bolster the midfield with McArthur if we need to. Won't happen, but I've seen enough of Punch and Jimmy for now.

So wingbacks are out?

cpfcfan1
06-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Depends what players are back

Hen

Ward Kelly Sakho PVA

Cabaye like

Zaha punch Townsend

Benteke

thedeacs
06-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Didn't Kelly get his 5th booking today ?

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Depends what players are back

Hen

Ward Kelly Sakho PVA

Cabaye like

Zaha punch Townsend

Benteke

Haha so you believe me about Sakho now on this thread but not on the other one lol :)

01CPFC
06-05-2017, 09:27 PM
Haha so you believe me about Sakho now on this thread but not on the other one lol :)

Tosser!!
Here is my phone number,keyboard hitman
Ring me
LOL

Thefunkymonk
06-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Let's hope that we have at least one centre back otherwise we are ****ed

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Tosser!!

Ring me

LOL

What's your phone number ? Post it and I will phone you and we will see how big you are then lol :)

Lego Knight
06-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Speroni - Hennessey - Mandanda

Ward - Kelly - Tomkins - Sakho - Schlupp - Van Anholt

Zaha

Delaney

Misbolasie
06-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Tosser!!

Ring me

LOL

I didn't think so lol they never do mug :)

Thefunkymonk
06-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Genuinely have never get so dispondent going into an all or Nothing game

eagle101
06-05-2017, 10:23 PM
This has Southampton mk II all over it.

Mandanda
Ward - Tomkins/Dann with a zimmer - Sakho in a wheelchair - Schlupp
Milivojevic - McArthur
Zaha - Cabaye on crutches - Townsend
Benteke

rudis flatop
06-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Genuinely have never get so dispondent going into an all or Nothing game

Grow a pair ..it's not even all or nothing you massive Pussy

Happy Arthur
06-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Big Sam will mastermind a disgraceful 0-0. Then we'll have fun in the sun at OT.

Thefunkymonk
06-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Grow a pair ..it's not even all or nothing you massive Pussy

Pussy? Why? If we go down we go down..life goes on..and I won't have to queue for a piss at halftime

So shut the **** up

burgess hill 84
06-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Jesus, imagine what some on here would have been like the week leading up to Stockport and Hillsbrough.
This is nothing compared to that.

bigend1
06-05-2017, 10:33 PM
So in just a few line ups people have included Dann, Tomkins and Sakho... anything to suggest that even any one of them might be fit?

James SG
06-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Not good enough. Completely gone missing.

Very true, I do wonder what's up with him. Hopefully just not sharp after his injury....

SE5eagle
06-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Well, this thread escalated quickly.

Yoda
06-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Didn't Kelly get his 5th booking today ?

Players can get 10 yellows till April, then suspended.

NorthPalace23
06-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Hennessey

Ward
Kelly
Delaney
Schlupp

Townsend
Milivojevic
Cabaye
Puncheon
Zaha

Benteke

I don't think the injured defenders will make it.

Hopefully Cabaye to come in for McArthur.

Delaney has to play. No alternatives imho.

Seanee Pawnee
06-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tompkins
PVA

Luka
McArthur

Wilf
Cabaye
Townsend

Benteke

swissroll
07-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Mandanda

Ward Tomkins - Sakho souare

Milivojevic - Cabaye

Zaha Townsend

Wickham

Benteke

glaziers fan
07-05-2017, 12:06 AM
We should stay as strong defensively as possible. Puncheon's form is just so poor I think his place must surely be under scrutiny? Having said that I think he will play.

-------------------------Henessey---------------------------------------
Ward---------Tomkins---------------Sakho-----------Van Aanholt
--------------------------Milivojevic-----------------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye----------------Puncheon-------Zaha
---------------------------Benteke-------------------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Delaney
Kelly
McArthur
Schlupp
Sako
Remy

If Sakho is unfit Delaney will play. If Tomkins is unfit then Kelly will play. Personally I'd play McArthur or Schlupp instead of Puncheon. But it's not going to happen. Key player is Cabaye. Praying he will be fit for 65 minutes. We need to keep it very tight. Please don't concede any early goals Palace.

Mad Max
07-05-2017, 12:37 AM
I admire the optimism, the same Spurs that lost 5-1 away to relegated Newcastle, don't rely on them to turn up.They won`t.

AddoWolz
07-05-2017, 07:10 AM
...........................Hennessey
Ward............Tomkins.......Kelly............PVA

...........Luka.............Cabaye........Puncheon

......Zaha...............Benteke...........Townsen d

Simmo the Elder
07-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Long ball

Speroni
Ward --Kelly---Delaney--Schlupp
Townsend--Cabaye---Luka--Wilf
-----Benteke---Campbell-----

N Herts Eagle
07-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Long time since I have seen them...... but can we play the 122,171,2B, 141 route one routemasters at the back.....

Misbolasie
07-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Hennessey
Ward
Schlupp
Kelly
Sakho
Luka
Puncheon
Cabaye
Townsend
Wilf
Benteke

Skintagain
07-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Not sure anyone is addressing the problem, Dann, Tomkins, Sakho and Cabaye will still be on the sick for this game and for whatever reason Mac has become a passenger.

They're not back until the Manure game (who we'll beat to stay up). The problem is how to protect Kelly and Damo. You need to think a little differently, I think the key is Mr Jeffrey. I see him as being a DM in a 451.

WH
Ward ---- Kelly ---- Damo ---- PVA
Milo ---- Mr Jeffrey
Wilf ---- Punchy ---- Townsend
Benny

gilesy14
07-05-2017, 11:50 AM

McArthur was shocking yesterday. Puncheon was ever present in our superb run of form. Him, Cabaye & Luka are proven three - why **** about with it?

ebyeeckeagle
07-05-2017, 12:05 PM
McArthur was shocking yesterday. Puncheon was ever present in our superb run of form. Him, Cabaye & Luka are proven three - why **** about with it?

Normally would agree. But sometimes you have to change something when you see the same failings. IF Cabaye is back (and strange how so many doubters suddenly see his worth), then the usual maybe. If not - Flamini to start which I think will help Luka. Which leaves the decision of the set up. Either Punch forward of those two (451), or PVA/Sch out wide, with Wilf up top (442 but Wilf more staggered and wide at times but at least close to CB).

I have the horrible feeling that just repeating the same (if no CBs are back and no Cabaye) will just produce another lifeless easily countered performance.

Thefunkymonk
07-05-2017, 12:09 PM
I think Dann is back.. So

Hennessey

Ward Kelly Dann pva

Luka

Wilf cabaye punch Townsend

Benteke

Martin H
07-05-2017, 12:12 PM
I think Dann is back.. So

Hennessey

Ward Kelly Dann pva

Luka

Benteke

Is that blind hope re Dann or is it inside knowledge?

TC EAGLE
07-05-2017, 12:14 PM
taken this from a Palace page on facebook: Scott Dann and James Tomkins could return for the Hull game, BUT will most likely face late fitness tests!

Thefunkymonk
07-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Is that blind hope re Dann or is it inside knowledge?

Educated faith... if that's possible

Bones14
07-05-2017, 12:16 PM
taken this from a Palace page on facebook: Scott Dann and James Tomkins could return for the Hull game, BUT will most likely face late fitness tests!

Just the tonic we all need.
Fingers x.

ebyeeckeagle
07-05-2017, 12:17 PM

That would be ******* massive.

Thefunkymonk
07-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Would be unreal. Massive boost on and off the pitch

glaziers fan
07-05-2017, 12:28 PM
This is not a game for Martin Kelly. This is a game for experience, whether that's Dann, Delaney, Tomkins or Sakho. Two of those must play. Then we have to pray for Cabaye to return. Then we have to pray we have the rub of the green.

Martin H
07-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Probably should leave this alone until the deep depression has lifted but.....

I really don't like the way this next match has been set up for us now.

The players last 2 matches have seen us throw away the amazing results we had against the 'big boys' and the performance against Burnley was really disappointing. Yesterday, by the end they were humiliated and outclassed. It's pretty clear that BFS has lashed into them and judging by the post match interviews the players are very low. We have lost the starting 11 consistency due to injuries and worse still have lost that defensive resilience as players have inexplicably lost form. I would expect the players to be at their lowest and it will take some heavy lifting to get them up and positive.

With doubt over the starting 11 for next week with so many injuries/recoveries it will be difficult to train this week with the starting 11 I would think until late on.

The one that is really nagging at me is that we only need a point to be safe. With BFS mantra ringing in their ears I just get the feeling that we will just set up to defend and defend and defend on the basis that a clean sheet guarantees safety. Without Sakho, I have little faith in our ability to keep a clean sheet and I am s****** myself we are going to concede one of those late goals and then be unable to respond. You just can't feel the resilience that we have seen in previous years. I am not suggesting that I want us to go all out attack - more that we should be looking to keep solid but look to score goals against these guys.

Hull are no mugs. I watched one their recent away games and they were impressive. They are dangerous at set pieces with a couple of big bruisers.

Final one is obviously enough the pressure. It's such a killer.

Just hoping Swansea have a mare and lose so that his is all academic. Would expect us to hammer them then but we all know that's not going to happen. :(

Penstone Eagle
07-05-2017, 12:40 PM
If the players can't put things right themselves and without Allardyce ranting, then they should be ashamed of themselves. Sloppy all over the pitch.

Eagleinsussex
07-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Martyn
Benteke

Oh for Gilbert and Cannon again, legends !

Thefunkymonk
07-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Think we should do what we did against Boro and Watford.. get in half hour before kick off.. start the atmosphere going early. It was poor v Burnley

exiledeagle
07-05-2017, 12:59 PM

No where near match fit though ? Not heard much about Sakho

Martin H
07-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Educated faith... if that's possible

If Tomkins is fit I would probably rather play Tomkins and Kelly than Dann.

Lombardo 888
07-05-2017, 01:07 PM
We should stay as strong defensively as possible. Puncheon's form is just so poor I think his place must surely be under scrutiny? Having said that I think he will play.

-------------------------Henessey---------------------------------------
Ward---------Tomkins---------------Sakho-----------Van Aanholt
--------------------------Milivojevic-----------------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye----------------Puncheon-------Zaha

Subs:

Speroni
Delaney
Kelly
McArthur
Schlupp
Sako
Remy

If Sakho is unfit Delaney will play. If Tomkins is unfit then Kelly will play. Personally I'd play McArthur or Schlupp instead of Puncheon. But it's not going to happen. Key player is Cabaye. Praying he will be fit for 65 minutes. We need to keep it very tight. Please don't concede any early goals Palace.

If that team is available, plays and loses to Hull it will be an utter disgrace. It won't be Sam, tactics, formations whatever, it will be player attitude. That is a great lineup and should easily beat Hull.

Thefunkymonk
07-05-2017, 02:33 PM
So if the rumours are true..

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins dann pva

Luka

Benteke

Looks so much better!!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
07-05-2017, 02:38 PM

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins dann pva

Luka

Benteke

Looks so much better!!

Not many!

rambo1
07-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins dann pva

Luka

Benteke

Looks so much better!!

Absolutely.

AddoWolz
07-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Think we should do what we did against Boro and Watford.. get in half hour before kick off.. start the atmosphere going early. It was poor v Burnley

Yep , this game is massive , 1 week to get the ball rolling , the ground will be full and roaring the lads on half an hour before kick off ...............hopefully

rhiannapaul
07-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Please drop puncheon he contributes nothing

TheCharmer1
07-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Please drop puncheon he contributes nothing

For who though ? Mcarthur was far far worse.

Skintagain
07-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Normally would agree. But sometimes you have to change something when you see the same failings. IF Cabaye is back (and strange how so many doubters suddenly see his worth), then the usual maybe. If not - Flamini to start which I think will help Luka. Which leaves the decision of the set up. Either Punch forward of those two (451), or PVA/Sch out wide, with Wilf up top (442 but Wilf more staggered and wide at times but at least close to CB).

I have the horrible feeling that just repeating the same (if no CBs are back and no Cabaye) will just produce another lifeless easily countered performance.

To start for 90 minutes, best of luck with that.

Glɑzier
07-05-2017, 05:20 PM
To start for 90 minutes, best of luck with that.

Same goes for Sakho Dann and/or Tomkins - they won't be match fit. Flamini's good for (the last) 30 minutes or so.

Whyteleafe_Sage
07-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Think Kelly will start, plus one returning CB - hopefully Sakho. Too big a game to risk 2 CBs who aren't match fit - keep one or two on the bench as insurance.

Kidofwonder
07-05-2017, 05:49 PM
For who though ? Mcarthur was far far worse.

according to Whoscored on stats, Puncheon had the worst game of any player this season in the premier league against Man City.

maestro
07-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Think Kelly will start, plus one returning CB - hopefully Sakho. Too big a game to risk 2 CBs who aren't match fit - keep one or two on the bench as insurance.

agree

Kidofwonder
07-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Genuine question, could we do what Spurs did a couple of years ago and try blood spinning to get players fit for the Hull game?

Kidofwonder
07-05-2017, 05:55 PM
if you don't know what it is http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10512393/Tottenham-use-controversial-blood-spinning-technique-to-hasten-injured-players-recovery.html

Nostrils
07-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Didn't Keef Richards do something similar, or was that a myth?

TWELLSEagle
07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
hennesey
Ward. Tomkins. Kelly. Schlupp
Luka
Zaha. Puncheon. Cabaye. Townsend
Benteke

Hope to God Tomkins and cabaye fit. If not then Delaney and PVA in with zaha moving central

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
07-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere..but where is Ledley. Completly left out in the cold. Not even mentioned in dispatches..surprised this hasn't been asked by the journos.

brighton_eagle
07-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere..but where is Ledley. Completly left out in the cold. Not even mentioned in dispatches..surprised this hasn't been asked by the journos.

He's with Mandanda

Kidofwonder
07-05-2017, 11:25 PM

out of contract in the summer, looked totally shot when he played, think he'll swan off back to Celtic.

orp pisshead1
08-05-2017, 12:39 AM
Martyn
Benteke

Not J Thomas :eek:

orp pisshead1
08-05-2017, 12:43 AM
if you don't know what it is http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10512393/Tottenham-use-controversial-blood-spinning-technique-to-hasten-injured-players-recovery.html

Look at their line up :D

Nostrils
08-05-2017, 06:29 AM
hennesey
Luka
Benteke

Hope to God Tomkins and cabaye fit.

This is exactly what I was going to put up, but with Punch and Cabaye swapped. Play to our strengths (I know they've gone missing lately), keep it compact and break on every opportunity from the outset. When Cabaye's in the team, not only does he move the ball about nicely and intercept, Benteke isn't so isolated. Keep him in the game and they will be nervy going forward, sling long balls for him to win in the air only for nobody else to be around him and they will take heart.

Nothing too clever this time please, round pegs in round holes and a simple game plan carried out with determination.

I feel like a tit posting this like some wannabe manager, but I'm sh!tting it and it's a bit therapeutic.

glaziers fan
08-05-2017, 11:23 AM
If Cabaye is fit, I'd like him to sit in alongside Luka, not play further forward. We need to keep it tight. He has the experience to do just that. Just leave Benteke and Zaha up. They will occupy enough defenders for us to relieve the pressure.

knowlesyUCLA
08-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Zaha’s main role will be to push Robertson back so he has to focus on defending more than attacking – he is a real threat with his crosses likewise Elmohamady on the other side, although I back Townsend to deal with him.

Certainly need Cabaye in there to put some quality on our distribution. McArthur hasn’t looked particularly good since he came back into the fold.

Maguire is going to be up for the physical battle with Benteke so he is going to have to be absolutely ready for it, from the first challenge to the last.

I thought Hull struggled under the pressure against Sunderland and really lacked control at the vital moments however I expect they will be different here – they know they need to win, they are away from home, they know we need to get something.

It is going to be a horrible, nervy afternoon and a terrible way to spend a Sunday.

jmemour
08-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Fancy us from set pieces in this one. Sam's message will be keep a clean sheet and we're safe. Got to keep it tight and take our chances when they come.

Hard to name a lineup without knowing the state of our injuries.

aj4england
08-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Yep not his greatest fan but probably offers more off the bench than flamini

aashman12
08-05-2017, 12:27 PM

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
McArthur
Puncheon
Sako
Remy
Campbell

Wilf is not a cf or a free role type. You'll take away all he's good at putting him there

aashman12
08-05-2017, 12:29 PM

Not after his last few performances you can't

aashman12
08-05-2017, 12:39 PM
If Cabaye is fit, I'd like him to sit in alongside Luka, not play further forward. We need to keep it tight. He has the experience to do just that. Just leave Benteke and Zaha up. They will occupy enough defenders for us to relieve the pressure.

Oh hello pards

Stavros 69
08-05-2017, 12:45 PM
hennesey
Luka
Benteke

Hope to God Tomkins and cabaye fit. If not then Delaney and PVA in with zaha moving central

This is the best team we can play, apart from MS.

Misbolasie
08-05-2017, 03:42 PM
This is the best team we can play, apart from MS.

I agree whole heartedly with this post :)

wedgetail
08-05-2017, 03:55 PM
What system did we use at Man City? Can we not use that again.

bodger
08-05-2017, 04:19 PM
WH
Ward Kelly DD Schlupp
Luka
Wilf Cabaye McArthur AT
Benteke

orp pisshead1
08-05-2017, 05:15 PM
WH
Ward Kelly DD Schlupp
Luka
Wilf Cabaye McArthur AT
Benteke

As it stands injury wise this ^^^^^^.

rhiannapaul
08-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Kelly and puncheon shouldn't be starting but we have no option

Pubface
08-05-2017, 08:55 PM
You know it's destined for Puncheon to get his first goal if the season and secure our survival.

El Aguila
08-05-2017, 09:05 PM
I have a feeling Sam A doesn't base his team selection on whoscored stats.

WashDCEagle
08-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Oh hello pards

I know, mate! I couldn't believe me eyeballs when I read that he wants Cabaye to sit next to Luka and not venture forward. It's as if everything Cabaye has done in the last 3 months has been lost upon some fans. The man has played really good football for us, and much of it was when he was bold to go forward or play in a key pass.

NorthPalace23
08-05-2017, 09:53 PM
You know it's destined for Puncheon to get his first goal if the season and secure our survival.

Hopefully Swansea will lose at Sunderland.

If not a Puncheon winner, just like the game at home to Norwich, would be immense!

elgin eagle
09-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Assuming Dann, Tomkins, Sakho and Cabaye arent back:

Speroni

Ward Kelly Delaney Schlupp

Zaha Luka Flamini Townsend

......Remy Benteke

Hennessey
PvA
Inniss
McArthur
Sako
Puncheon
Campbell

Mad Raschic Ken
09-05-2017, 11:00 AM

It was an innovative system called 'the sieve'.

humpo
09-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Martin Atkinson will be ref

Maidstone Eagle
09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Really hope we have options at CB.

It wasn't pretty to watch on Saturday.

If not I think a back 3 might work

Hennesy

Ward

Kelly Delaney

Townsend Cabaye Luka schlupp PVA

Zaha

Benteke

Still allows width both sides, might be more difficult to break down?

Diehard
09-05-2017, 08:22 PM
More chance of Lord Lucan appearing in our back four than seeing Tomkins and Sakho

eagleali
09-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Martin Atkinson will be ref
Best ref in the prem ,we last had him when we beat watford at home i think was a very fair .

costello
09-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Complete madness to suggest we leave out Puncheon - our captain who has played nearly every game this year - for such an important match. He makes our midfield tick (although I accept that he gives the ball away far, far too much).

CPFC.1990
09-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Please be Speroni in goal.

Also, this will probably be Wilf's last game at Selhurst as a Palace player so he deserves a good reception.

glaziers fan
09-05-2017, 09:42 PM

only if we drop him to the bench and bring him on as a sub.

glaziers fan
09-05-2017, 09:46 PM
I have a feeling Sam A doesn't base his team selection on whoscored stats.

he's quite big on stats. But not sure even ten scores of 3.68 would be enough for the captain to get chopped.

glaziers fan
09-05-2017, 11:36 PM
------------------------Henessey--------------------------------
Ward-------JT/SD/MK------------MS/DD--------------Schlupp
------------------------Milivojevic-------------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye--------------McArthur-------------------
------------------------------------------------Zaha---------
------------------------Benteke---------------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
Van Aanholt
Puncheon
Sako
Campbell
Remy

1) Would play centre backs if fit in order from left to right.
2) I'm sure Puncheon will play instead of Jimmy
3) tactics are as follows: damo in for experience, schlupp covers damo's lack of pace, McArthur is in because he has energy to press and protect the left side better. Get Zaha close to benteke. Think Puncheon, Van Aanholt and Remy are decent subs to cover all sorts of eventualities.

orp pisshead1
10-05-2017, 12:33 AM

Speroni

......Remy Benteke

Hennessey
PvA
Inniss
McArthur
Sako
Puncheon
Campbell

That will only leave us 2 subs for 80 mins though mate :(

Worksop Palace
10-05-2017, 04:54 AM
Complete madness to suggest we leave out Puncheon - our captain who has played nearly every game this year - for such an important match. He makes our midfield tick (although I accept that he gives the ball away far, far too much).

Makes it tick ?

No. He really doesn't

Martin H
10-05-2017, 05:11 AM
------------------------Henessey--------------------------------
Ward-------JT/SD/MK------------MS/DD--------------Schlupp
------------------------Milivojevic-------------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye--------------McArthur-------------------
------------------------------------------------Zaha---------
------------------------Benteke---------------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
Van Aanholt
Puncheon
Sako
Campbell
Remy

1) Would play centre backs if fit in order from left to right.
2) I'm sure Puncheon will play instead of Jimmy
3) tactics are as follows: damo in for experience, schlupp covers damo's lack of pace, McArthur is in because he has energy to press and protect the left side better. Get Zaha close to benteke. Think Puncheon, Van Aanholt and Remy are decent subs to cover all sorts of eventualities.

Not sure Cabaye will be fit but if he is I think he and Punch will play alongside Luka.

Would play CBs in this order.

MS JT MK SD DD. The manager will have a better view but I have just lost faith in DD's head and body. I think JT might just make this one although I don't have any inside info. Maybe it's desperate hope more than confidence.

Personally would go with Schlupp at LB but expect PVA to start.

We shouldn't underestimate Hull. They are very dangerous at corners and play far better football now. Niasse is powerful and charges around but unpredictable. Sort of player that is as likely to airshot as he is do a worldie. Bound to see the latter.

Dobbo
10-05-2017, 06:51 AM
Sakho will be playing 100% against Hull

Playing what ?
Tiddlewinks ?

maestro
10-05-2017, 07:36 AM

We had a system?

Nigelbrag
10-05-2017, 07:38 AM
It really will be dependant as to who is fit before suggesting a starting team, but we must not panic and start making unnecessary changes at this late stage, as now is certainly not the time. To suggest we change the keeper, and continue to play Schlupp in central defence is madness as it totally unbalances the setup, also to suggest dropping Puncheon now is plain crazy.
So assuming All Three CB's are unfit, but assuming Cabaye is fit which will be crucial for balance and his understanding with Luka, also i would play McArthur even though he was poor in his last game but in fairness is now getting back to fitness, will be needed for his running and harassing as we know Hull will come at us as they will be desperate for the win.
So i would go for a more solid unit as starters to frustrate them and burn out their early fire, this is NOT a negative move even though we are at home, but one that will ably cope with the inevitable pressure as they attack us initially, it is vital we don't concede early and are left chasing the game.
It is for sure we will be tense in our play, so this is where Wilf Zaha's role will be crucial in using his trickery and pace on the quick break to give us the penetration needed and support for Benteke who will need to ensure he keeps their dangerous CB's occupied as they Both like to attack from the back.
This would be my starting team.

-------------------------------------------Hennessey----------------------------------------

------------Ward-------------Kelly-------------Delaney------------Schlupp----------------

----------McArthur-------------Luka---------------Cabaye-----------------------------

----------------------Zaha---------------------Puncheon---------------------------

-------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------

elgin eagle
10-05-2017, 07:54 AM
That will only leave us 2 subs for 80 mins though mate :(

Surely Flamini and Remy can last an hour mate?

Think we can win this if we can simultaneously support Benteke with a second striker whilst protecting Delaney and Kelly better with 2 strong central midfielders. Zaha and Townsend to provide the service, Ward and Schlupp to concentrate on defending and stopping the cross wherever possible. Have to brave at Home and stop handing the opposition the impetus. Pick the eleven most mentally strong players and deliver the result in spite of the injuries. They've done amazing to get into this position considering the fantastically difficult run in. Another tricky game but one we need to want to win as much as they will want to.

Owngoal
10-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Makes it tick ?

No. He really doesn't

Can remember someone coming up with stats to show we won more games when Ledley played.

If Sakho was fit I might have to reconsider the existence of a god

Thin on Top
10-05-2017, 08:39 AM
It really will be dependant as to who is fit before suggesting a starting team, but we must not panic and start making unnecessary changes at this late stage, as now is certainly not the time. To suggest we change the keeper, and continue to play Schlupp in central defence is madness as it totally unbalances the setup, also to suggest dropping Puncheon now is plain crazy.
So assuming All Three CB's are unfit, but assuming Cabaye is fit which will be crucial for balance and his understanding with Luka, also i would play McArthur even though he was poor in his last game but in fairness is now getting back to fitness, will be needed for his running and harassing as we know Hull will come at us as they will be desperate for the win.
So i would go for a more solid unit as starters to frustrate them and burn out their early fire, this is NOT a negative move even though we are at home, but one that will ably cope with the inevitable pressure as they attack us initially, it is vital we don't concede early and are left chasing the game.
It is for sure we will be tense in our play, so this is where Wilf Zaha's role will be crucial in using his trickery and pace on the quick break to give us the penetration needed and support for Benteke who will need to ensure he keeps their dangerous CB's occupied as they Both like to attack from the back.
This would be my starting team.

-------------------------------------------Hennessey----------------------------------------

------------Ward-------------Kelly-------------Delaney------------Schlupp----------------

----------McArthur-------------Luka---------------Cabaye-----------------------------

----------------------Zaha---------------------Puncheon---------------------------

-------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------

Drop our most hard working wide player (Townsend) for this game ?!?!

Cpfcbob
10-05-2017, 08:48 AM
------------------------------Speroni-(unlikely but I can dream)----

-Ward-----------------Kelly------------Delaney----------------------
------------------------------Milivojevic--------------Van Aanholt----

----------------Cabaye-------------------------Puncheon-------------
-Townsend------------------------<------Zaha------------------->---

In possession down left flank I'd have Zaha wide with Van Aanholt an overlapping wingback. But as soon as we are in possession on our right flank bring Zaha central, up tight to Benteke in a number 10 role.

Thefunkymonk
10-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Think this will be it...

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Kelly pva

Luka

Benteke

Subs - speroni Dann Delaney MacArthur schlupp remy flamini

gilesy14
10-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Think this will be it...

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Kelly pva

Luka

Benteke

That would be a huge boost, if Cabaye & Tomkins haven't been rushed back that is.

Having said that, Allardyce is well into his sports science. So I doubt he'd play them if they weren't up to it. Fingers are crossed very tightly!

Thefunkymonk
10-05-2017, 09:48 AM
That would be a huge boost, if Cabaye & Tomkins haven't been rushed back that is.

Having said that, Allardyce is well into his sports science. So I doubt he'd play them if they weren't up to it. Fingers are crossed very tightly!

Agree. I'm kinda hoping that's why neither were played against Man City.

Simmo the Elder
10-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Unearthed Ledley breaks silence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc

danpalace07
10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Makes it tick ?

No. He really doesn't

If anyone should be described like that it is Cabaye

burgess hill 84
10-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Just watched the training video on the official site, no sign of Cabaye,Tompkins or Dann.

Thefunkymonk
10-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Just watched the training video on the official site, no sign of Cabaye,Tompkins or Dann.

There were a fair few missing mate.. chill..

Bryan
10-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Any sign that Cabaye or Tomkins (or anyone else who were out) are fit then?

Or just another several pages of rank speculation?

Bryan
10-05-2017, 06:52 PM
By the way, need it to end this weekend. It's ******* up my Karma.

Thefunkymonk
10-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Any sign that Cabaye or Tomkins (or anyone else who were out) are fit then?

Or just another several pages of rank speculation?

Nothing official.. and can't imagine there will be.. keep cards close to chest

bigend1
10-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Think this will be it...

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Kelly pva

Luka

Benteke

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for

Ian Hart
10-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Nothing official.. and can't imagine there will be.. keep cards close to chest

Yep, we kept the ploy to use Townsend as a right back and Schlupp as a central defender a total secret before the Man City game. Worked a treat.

In fact, I'm not sure we had told our players, even when the match started.

Kirby
11-05-2017, 09:06 AM
So with Tomkins and Cabaye likely to make it, the team should be as below:

Hennessey
Ward Kelly Tomkins PVA
Cabaye Milivojevic
Zaha Puncheon Townsend
Benteke

Bench: Any 7 from Speroni, Dann, Delaney, Schlupp, Flamini, McArthur, Sako, Remy and Campbell.

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 09:28 AM

Hennessey
Ward Kelly Tomkins PVA
Cabaye Milivojevic
Zaha Puncheon Townsend
Benteke

Bench: Any 7 from Speroni, Dann, Delaney, Schlupp, Flamini, McArthur, Sako, Remy and Campbell.

Press conference worrying in that Andros has a slight hamstring - just hope no one breaks down in play.

Kirby
11-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Press conference worrying in that Andros has a slight hamstring - just hope no one breaks down in play.

Achilles not hamstring.

Sounded like a small issue to me. If he did go off who would we bring on? Punch out wide and Remy in behind Benteke could work, if he can go longer than three seconds without breaking down.

vegas78
11-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Markovic out for Hull.

FourtyTwo
11-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Markovic out for Hull.

Good

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
11-05-2017, 09:59 AM

Hennessey
Ward Kelly Tomkins PVA
Cabaye Milivojevic
Zaha Puncheon Townsend
Benteke

Schlupp may get the nod over PVA but there probably isn't much in it.

vegas78
11-05-2017, 10:25 AM
If we can't get a result, I think we deserve to go down.

Nostrils
11-05-2017, 10:30 AM
If we stay up, I think PvA will be great at the back, but he does drop a bollock every now and then. Personally, I'd prefer to see Schlupp for this game and PvA for OT.

Malarkey
11-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Tbh I reckon Delaney is made for this game. Hope he plays.

Malarkey
11-05-2017, 10:33 AM
If we can't get a result, I think we deserve to go down.

Home defeats against West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley and Hull...We surely can't stay up after that?!

Kirby
11-05-2017, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't have dropped Schlupp in the first place. Thought he was doing a great job and looks more solid than PVA.

BFS seems to favour PVA though. Probably for his goal threat as much as anything.

CaterhamEagle
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM
I presume ward will just play with one of those zorro masks given his broken nose?

Sounds like we'll risk Tomkins alongside Kelly and if Dann makes it will just be for the bench. Really hope Cabaye's fit but given his high-energy game may be tough - what was his actual injury?

If they can all get back to at least bench then:

Hennessey
Ward Kelly Tomkins PVA
Luka
Zaha Cabaye Puncheon Townsend
Benteke

Bench
Speroni, Dann, Schlupp, Sako, Remy, McArthur, Campbell

Martin H
11-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Cabaye's injury was referenced as a heel problem by BFS previously.

AddoWolz
12-05-2017, 05:47 AM
Long time since I have seen them...... but can we play the 122,171,2B, 141 route one routemasters at the back.....

And the No68 in midfield :p

maestro
12-05-2017, 06:03 AM
Markovic out for Hull.

Im not really sure that is good

Huddlestone will play and he always plays well against us

orp pisshead1
12-05-2017, 06:07 AM

Hope so as Pva is pony imo.

orp pisshead1
12-05-2017, 06:10 AM
Home defeats against West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley and Hull...We surely can't stay up after that?!

Well we could due to being the 7th best away team in the league but would require a result at the theatre of :jerkit:'s.
We need a result at home for once though i agree.

aashman12
12-05-2017, 06:39 AM

Based on what? They've got a bit of pace in the side. Delaney will be a liability again

Glazier69
12-05-2017, 06:42 AM
I had a really vivid dream last night. We beat Hull 4-0. Four nil up on 20 mins then backs to the wall for 70 mins. I woke up exhausted!

cpfcfan1
12-05-2017, 06:48 AM
I had a really vivid dream last night. We beat Hull 4-0. Four nil up on 20 mins then backs to the wall for 70 mins. I woke up exhausted!

It's Monday morning, wasn't a dream

We lost 5 4

Zohar's Penalty
12-05-2017, 06:57 AM

I couldn't sleep last night so ended up reading the Swansea, Hull and even Sunderland forums.

Many Hull fans seem to be fearing the worst and seem resigned to relegation.

Sunderland fans pretty confident they can get a result against Swansea now they're doomed.

Swansea fans want us to beat Hull so they are safe & it's over.

Made me feel better.

Benzhiyi
12-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Also agree that Schlupp has impressed more than PvA, although I like both.

aj4england
12-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Ref Martin Atkinson

Shipp Ahoy!
12-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Ref Martin Atkinson

:lux:

Excellent ref! Only other one I possibly would have liked would be either Mike Dean or Michael Oliver.

Now I've said that of course, 3 red cards, 2 penalties and a disallowed goal that should have been all against us :D

AJ
12-05-2017, 01:18 PM
If Cabaye is out i would rather see PvA at lb and Shlupp in midfield. Shlupp is very strong and fast and would offer a threat going forward and is decent at tackling. McArthur has lost all of those qualities this season.

glaziers fan
12-05-2017, 02:11 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. Ward and Tomkins are certainties if fit. So we are looking at left sided centre backs. My order for that would be:

MS/DD/SD/MK

So Delaney should start. His experience and aerial ability (Vokes and Barnes are some of the best in the air in the entire league so don't read too much into the Burnley game) would be vital. Especially with Schlupp's pace on the cover.

Martin Kelly, the likely recipient of Delaney's omission, is not experienced enough.

gilesy14
12-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. Ward and Tomkins are certainties if fit. So we are looking at left sided centre backs. My order for that would be:

MS/DD/SD/MK

So Delaney should start. His experience and aerial ability (Vokes and Barnes are some of the best in the air in the entire league so don't read too much into the Burnley game) would be vital. Especially with Schlupp's pace on the cover.

Martin Kelly, the likely recipient of Delaney's omission, is not experienced enough.

But was when we beat Liverpool at Anfield a few weeks back?

glaziers fan
12-05-2017, 02:19 PM

Speroni

......Remy Benteke

Hennessey
PvA
Inniss
McArthur
Sako
Puncheon
Campbell

Meant to quote this before: wouldn't mind seeing Benteke and Remy up front if we are chasing, with the 2 wingers either side:

----------------------------Henessey-----------------------------------------
Ward-------------Tomkins-----------Delaney--------------Schlupp
Townsend--------Milivojevic---------Cabaye----------------Zaha
-------------------Remy--------------Benteke-----------------------

Seanee Pawnee
12-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Meant to quote this before: wouldn't mind seeing Benteke and Remy up front if we are chasing, with the 2 wingers either side:

----------------------------Henessey-----------------------------------------
Ward-------------Tomkins-----------Delaney--------------Schlupp
Townsend--------Milivojevic---------Cabaye----------------Zaha
-------------------Remy--------------Benteke-----------------------

Surely Remy could cause them some problems... Shades of Nicola Ventola against soton 2005. A draw wasn't enough then but will be nwo.

glaziers fan
12-05-2017, 03:04 PM
But was when we beat Liverpool at Anfield a few weeks back?

This is a pressure game, and they are likely to launch the ball long when they get desperate. Liverpool play with small pacy forwards. Totally different.

Thefunkymonk
12-05-2017, 03:12 PM
This is a pressure game, and they are likely to launch the ball long when they get desperate. Liverpool play with small pacy forwards. Totally different.

To their massive centre forwards??

Bizarro
12-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Have we still not won without punch in the starting xi? If so it'd be madness to drop him now. Bit like in the cup final.

glaziers fan
12-05-2017, 04:28 PM
To their massive centre forwards??

Hernandez 6'1"
Niasse 6'0

And then

Clucas 6'2"
N'Diaye 6'2"
+ centre backs

They are much more of an aerial threat than Liverpool. They are dangerous at attacking set pieces.

orp pisshead1
12-05-2017, 04:38 PM
It's Monday morning, wasn't a dream

We lost 5 4

Thanks means I was present at a Hatrick of 5-4 defeats:sob:

Thefunkymonk
12-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Hernandez 6'1"
Niasse 6'0

And then

Clucas 6'2"
N'Diaye 6'2"
+ centre backs

They are much more of an aerial threat than Liverpool. They are dangerous at attacking set pieces.

Martin Kelly 6'3

Penstone Eagle
12-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Surely Remy could cause them some problems... Shades of Nicola Ventola against soton 2005. A draw wasn't enough then but will be nwo.

Remy lol

sl6 Eagle
12-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Sky sports reporting that Ward and Townsend are unlikely to feature as well???

old git
12-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Brilliant,just brilliant.

Martin H
12-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Martin Kelly 6'3

Hull are definitely a threat at corners. Watched them a few times lately and they have scored a few (Ranocchia?) from corners etc but have often come close. The absence of Markovic is handy because he is often the outlet on the break. Niasse battles for everything and although he can be a bit clumsy he gets it right every now and then. They play some tidy football in the middle of the park.

Big Gav
12-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Not good if true. Won't believe anything until the teams are announced Sunday though could be a bit of mind games going on. We shall see

cpfcfan1
12-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Ward aswell Jesus

Our defence will be shite

McpfcS
12-05-2017, 06:15 PM

Sky are usually well behind the curve on team news - this will be a reaction to Sam saying that they have not been taking part in full training due to respective (minor) injuries.

Thefunkymonk
12-05-2017, 06:45 PM

Sky sports sensationalising stuff shocker.

Ward has a broken nose.. Townsend heel issue. Both will play.

wedgetail
12-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Ward only has a broken nose, he may be breathing at 45 degrees of centre but he can play.

DARZET EAGLE
12-05-2017, 10:14 PM
A protective mask for Wardy no doubt.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
13-05-2017, 04:51 AM
Hull are definitely a threat at corners. Watched them a few times lately and they have scored a few (Ranocchia?) from corners etc but have often come close. The absence of Markovic is handy because he is often the outlet on the break. Niasse battles for everything and although he can be a bit clumsy he gets it right every now and then. They play some tidy football in the middle of the park.
Niasse is precisely the type of striker who seems to score against us at Selhurst. See Ashley Barnes

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
13-05-2017, 04:53 AM
Haven't seen Remy have a decent shot for us yet - seems to scuff everything. I mean, who knows, but there has been no evidence to suggest he is the answer so far. If we have to chuck someone up alongside Benteke I would actually prefer it to be Campbell myself - he is very instinctive at reacting to second balls (and Benteke should win some duels even if not cleanly).

glaziers fan
13-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Martin Kelly 6'3

And awful in the air for such a tall centre back. Come on, don't be silly.

Nostrils
13-05-2017, 05:51 AM
His (Remy's) shooting has been nervous and forced but earlier in the season his movement was good and was always looking to push the ball forward. If we're chasing the game (God forbid), I'd swap him for Punch to play the number 10 role.

Thefunkymonk
13-05-2017, 07:15 AM
And awful in the air for such a tall centre back. Come on, don't be silly.

I'm not being silly. You are being overly worried. Chill.

SE25 exile
13-05-2017, 07:25 AM
Apparently Hull are not good in the air when defending, according to BBC Sport match preview. It could be Benteke's day tomorrow.

aashman12
13-05-2017, 07:50 AM
His (Remy's) shooting has been nervous and forced but earlier in the season his movement was good and was always looking to push the ball forward. If we're chasing the game (God forbid), I'd swap him for Punch to play the number 10 role.

You mean when we played lower league teams

Nostrils
13-05-2017, 07:56 AM
You mean when we played lower league teams

:D Yes. Pretty sure he had a cameo at Selhurst and played well (in the league). He's been a huge disappointment, but the truth is we don't know he hasn't been busting his gut (or some other body part) to get back. I think he'd be embarrassed by what's happened this year and will be desperate to make something happen. He hasn't become shit imo, just rusty as ****. Just think if we end up backs against the wall, his pace could help get us up the right end of the pitch.

elgin eagle
13-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Apparently Hull are not good in the air when defending, according to BBC Sport match preview. It could be Benteke's day tomorrow.

Got to play Remy or Campbell off him. Sick of us handing the opposition the impetus at home.

Thefunkymonk
13-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Got to play Remy or Campbell off him. Sick of us handing the opposition the impetus at home.

If cabaye isn't fit.. which I believe he is... then I would go 4-4-2 Witt punch and luka in middle with remy and benteke up top however cabaye will be fit.. along with Townsend Tomkins and ward

aashman12
13-05-2017, 10:28 AM
:D Yes. Pretty sure he had a cameo at Selhurst and played well (in the league). He's been a huge disappointment, but the truth is we don't know he hasn't been busting his gut (or some other body part) to get back. I think he'd be embarrassed by what's happened this year and will be desperate to make something happen. He hasn't become shit imo, just rusty as ****. Just think if we end up backs against the wall, his pace could help get us up the right end of the pitch.

We can't really be surprised. He's barely played any football for 2 and a half years. Was a shocking gamble

Nostrils
13-05-2017, 10:37 AM
We can't really be surprised. He's barely played any football for 2 and a half years. Was a shocking gamble

Upon reflection, it was. I watched his last game for Chelsea, he came on for the last 25mins and was really poor. Even then I think was coming back from injury. Shame, he was a class act.

elgin eagle
13-05-2017, 11:37 AM
If cabaye isn't fit.. which I believe he is... then I would go 4-4-2 Witt punch and luka in middle with remy and benteke up top however cabaye will be fit.. along with Townsend Tomkins and ward

Good positive thinking re the injuries. I hope we ask Hull the questions rather than the other way round. Let our skill shine though and force the ref to make decisions in their box rather than ours. Think they arent good enough to sit deep like other sides who prey on our home negativity do either. Get the first goal then move on from a positive start. Playing at home should give you a goal head start, especially with decent support. The players need a through ball option though sometimes. Whoever is fitter, Remy or Campbell, should start up alongside benteke imo. So Campbell. Hull fans hate him too.

hihi
14-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Hope Ward plays as their Polish winger is a worry

Zohar's Penalty
14-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Anybody got any info on injury status?

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Cabaye fit

minch1
14-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Cabaye fit

Today we need to be the twelfth man like never before.

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Cabaye Tomkins Townsend and ward all in squad

Mr Palace
14-05-2017, 08:16 AM

**** him - he looks like Gollum.

maestro
14-05-2017, 08:18 AM

no Dann?

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 08:20 AM
no Dann?

Not sure mate

dave_who_ru
14-05-2017, 08:23 AM
no Dann?

Physio Room states late fitness test but same explanation for Cabaye and Tomkins.

Gollum
14-05-2017, 08:34 AM
**** him - he looks like Gollum.

Oi !

glaziers fan
14-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Not sure mate

no Sakho?

Jim Cannon

Think they will all start? Please, FFS. Just kick them up in the air Palace. Sorry, the stress is getting to me:D

Jim Cannon
no Sakho?

Not a chance

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 08:48 AM
no Sakho?

Highly doubt it

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Think they will all start? Please, FFS. Just kick them up in the air Palace. Sorry, the stress is getting to me:D

Got no idea mate. Was told in he week Tomkins and cabaye were fit. Go no idea of team selection

Jay_eagle
14-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Cabaye in a hotel room before the game and on the players walk this morning, surely fit.

Maidstoned Eagle
14-05-2017, 09:07 AM

Lazar? Injured.

aashman12
14-05-2017, 09:08 AM
no Dann?

Hardly surprising

Mr Palace
14-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Oi !

Ha! Sorry pal! :supergrin:

dilem
14-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Kells PVA
Townsend Cabaye Luka Schlupp
Wilf Benteke

teesdale99
14-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Kells PVA
Townsend Cabaye Luka Schlupp
Wilf Benteke
Suspect this if all fit but with punch in midfield, zaha on the wing and ova ir schlup on bench.

elgin eagle
14-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Hope he doesn't shine today

The Wise Eagle
14-05-2017, 09:38 AM
i hope Cabaye play, we really need at least a point today.

Kosowski
14-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Grosicki is a danger, he likes these big occasions.

El Aguila
14-05-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm a lot happier after seeing the team.

Stavros 69
14-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Thank god we're back to a normal formation

st albans
14-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Words cannot sum up my thoughts on Remy right now

Baffled Bob 2
14-05-2017, 10:20 AM

I just think he's a c**t

El Aguila
14-05-2017, 10:34 AM

**** off back to Chelsea, you utter tart, would do.

Martin H
14-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Thought I would post here rather than on the live thread which right now just needs positive vibes and this is just therapy anyway to get me through the next half hour. Bollo* this is tough again isn't it. :(

Hull have no option but to win or they go down. They aren't a bad side now and can at times play decent football. Two good wingbacks going forward and Ranocchia (well known Italian dessert) has strengthened the defence and allows Maguire the chance to bundle forward.

In a normal game, I wouldn't be so worried but at some point in this match, they have no choice but to throw everyone forward and bombard our box with crosses and shots. We have never been great at handling this and I can see nerves making us worse, they also have a couple of players with a decent shot and several brutes in the air. Robertson will get crosses in.

The key is obviously enough for us be clinical on the break. Dawson is good but no pace. The dessert is cynical and should get booked if Wilf gets near him. Maguire is TBH is unpredictable, as is Niasse. Airshot or worldie and not much between,

We need to be able to keep the ball to avoid bombardments and when we do get a break, we must put the chances away. Nerves will spread throughout the ground but a goal and some possession will settle things. Respect the point but FFS get a couple of goals :)