PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Man Utd (away)

glaziers fan
15-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Go full strength. Cabaye and Tomkins are not fully fit though so let them have a breather:

----------------------Henessey----------------------------
Ward--------Kelly----------------Schlupp-------Van Aanholt
----------------------Milivojevic------------------------------
Townsend---Puncheon----------McArthur------Zaha
------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Delaney
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Kai Kai

It's a bit left field, but Schlupp (my Man of the Match vs Hull) deserves to keep his place, and yet Van Aanholt is a quality player with more technical ability - he will be our left back for years to come. So we should accommodate both if we can. To me, this is the perfect opportunity to give Schlupp another try at centre back. His pace is such a massive asset for the Premier League in particular, and whilst his positioning needs improving on he can tackle and defend. He is left footed, has the pace to get him out of trouble and also the ability to bring the ball out and join in with counter attacks. Assuming Tomkins is injured who else could we play there? Delaney is obviously not part of Big Sam's plans going forward, so let's look to the future. Not saying it will work, but no harm in trying it. He has the pace to counter the threat of Martial and Rashford.

Would also like to give Sako a chance to show what he can do, plus also perhaps minutes for Speroni and Kai-Kai. But first and foremost, let's go for the win :p

Nostrils
15-05-2017, 09:05 AM
No Dann? I'd rather see Schlupp at LB with PvA coming on for either Townsend or Zaha. It really depends whether Tomkins' injury was more of a knock or a proper one.

muswell eagle
15-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Give Damien one final hurrah and play with two centre backs. I would also start Joe Ledley if he is off in place of Jimmy Mac who is obviously not 100% and playing through an injury.

Townsend may also not be fit and Kai Kai deserves a chance after we brought him back from his loan and then barely played him.

Joeymaz
15-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins/Dann
Schlupp

Zaha
Punch
Luka
McArthur
Kai Kai

Benteke

laboxers
15-05-2017, 09:09 AM
----------------------Jules----------------------------
Ward--------Kelly----------------Delaney-------Schlupp

Subs:

Henessey
PVA
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Kai Kai

Based on Tompkins and Cabaye being injured

brighton_eagle
15-05-2017, 09:14 AM
I'd like to see Kai Kai start. Let's see what we've got as he could have a part to play next season. Townsend might need a rest anyway if his achilles is still playing up. Other than that, and Jules in goal, I'd keep the team the same as yesterday. Dann or Damo in for Tompkins if he's injured, Jimmy in for Cabaye if he's injured.

Got a decent chance of a win at OT, finishing on 44 points.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 09:22 AM
All depends who's fit. It's a week away so cabaye Tomkins Townsend may well be ok..

Hennessey

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
Schlupp

Luka
Punch
Cabaye

Wilf
Townsend

Benteke

If Tomkins Townsend and cabaye aren't fit. Then maybe Delaney in for Tomkins.. pva for Townsend and MacArthur for cabaye

BillyTKid
15-05-2017, 09:23 AM
I want three points and 12th. Same team that started against Hull, we have a whole week to recover and then its holiday time for the players. If Tomkins is injured then Dann or Delaney.

Wandle_Eagle
15-05-2017, 09:54 AM
This is where we can finally give Kai Kai and maybe a few other fringe youth a game. Nothing to play for and the wankers won't be playing full strength as they've got the Europa league final to think about plus Mourinho already said they've played their last premier league game.

BillyTKid
15-05-2017, 10:03 AM
This is where we can finally give Kai Kai and maybe a few other fringe youth a game. Nothing to play for and the wankers won't be playing full strength as they've got the Europa league final to think about plus Mourinho already said they've played their last premier league game.

There is around 8m difference in prize money for finishing 16th versus 12th. Definitely not nothing to play for.

steve hail
15-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Don't mess about with a winning team. Go for a win.

bigend1
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
Schlupp

Luka
Punch
Cabaye

Wilf
Townsend

Benteke

Just want speroni to play I don't have to justify that!!

Any niggles for townsend, Tomkins or cabaye don't risk a long term injury and replace them

3 points would be big.. not survival huge but still big. We want to beat man utd obviously, probably worth about 10m and of course we'd finish mid table, not just above the drop... good for tempting signings. Let's win

Big Gav
There is around 8m difference in prize money for finishing 16th versus 12th. Definitely not nothing to play for.

Exactly was just about to post this, not just a bit of pocket change

AJ
15-05-2017, 10:19 AM

1/2 a new top goalkeeper there. Add in the fee we can get for Mandanda and it could almost be a wash :lux:

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins/Dann
Schlupp

Zaha
Punch
Luka
McArthur
Kai Kai

Benteke

This. Would definitely start Kai Kai and give Townsend a rest. Zaha will want to show off against them again.

I'd consider Dreher on the bench etc.

Simmo the Elder
15-05-2017, 10:22 AM

:lux:

Lombardo's hair
15-05-2017, 10:30 AM
I heard sam was going to blood some youngsters if we were safe so maybe KaiKai will start and Anderson? If fit or available?

carter
15-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Speroni
Ward Kelly Delaney PVA
Zaha Puncheon McArthur Luka Schlupp
Benteke

Don't think we should really be playing Tomkins, Cabaye or Townsend if they have injuries. I'd rather they rested and didn't have any chance of aggravating the injuries for the beginning of next season. Yes it's good to try and finish as high as possible but I'd rather have the chance of having them fully fit for the first game of the season.

liberal clubber
15-05-2017, 10:46 AM
very winnable game Manu have not got any focus on the league. They wont go too crazy on Speroni? err its not a testimonial/friendly its an 8m game

Palacebear
15-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Put out our strongest team of non-injured players. It is a great opportunity for us to get a premier league win at OT and the financial rewards for the extra places are huge.

Go for it Palace!

Die hard Hoj
15-05-2017, 11:09 AM
-------------------------Speroni---------------------------
------------Kelly--------Schlupp---------Delany/if all our other centre backs are injured
Ward----------------------------------------------------PVA
-----------Puncheon-----Luka----Townsend---------------
---------------------Zaha-----------------------------------
--------------------------Benteke---------------------------

Norwich_Eagle
15-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Man. United will not give a monkey's about this game and the additional prize money could make a difference come the transfer money so I would go for it.

----------------Speroni----------------

Ward---Kelly---Tomkins---Schlupp

---------McArthur------Luka---------

Zaha---------Cabaye----------Kaikai

----------------Benteke---------------

Subs: Hennessey, Delaney, van Aanholt, Ledley, Sako, Townsend & Campbell

Speroni as Captain, push Cabaye a bit further forward instead of Puncheon who as much as I love has been poor. Throw Kaikai in for the last game.

Stavros 69
15-05-2017, 04:03 PM
If they're fit, they should play.

Would like to see Damo be given a run out at some point.

East-End Eagle
15-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Agreed, play strongest possible team without risking anyone with niggles.
Exceptions being speroni MUST play

wrightchipvcfc
15-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Can't see sam taking game lightly with millions at stake that might go towards his budget next season wonder how wba owners would have reacted if they thought pulis had taken Swansea game lightly and dropped 2 or 3 places if palace were still in trouble

pauldrulez
15-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't want to see some of the usual wasters anywhere near the squad for this game.

The likes of Dreher and Kaikai should be on the bench and should make it onto the pitch. Maybe even someone highly rated like Flanagan. I would rather see any of those 3 get on for half hour ahead of the likes of Ledley, Sako, Flamini, Lee, Remy (already on Holiday according to photos).

Assuming a bit of a rest for the walking wounded of Cabaye, Townsend and Tomkins.

Speroni, Ward, Kelly, Delaney, Schlupp, Luka, Punch, McArthur, Zaha, PVA, Benteke.

Subs bench of Hennessey, Tomkins, Cabaye, Dreher, Kaikai, Townsend, Campbell would do just fine.

The kids and Frazier get their chance to come on as long as there are no major injuries.

delboy01
15-05-2017, 04:13 PM
----------------------Speroni----------------------------
------------Milivojevic---------McArthur---------------------
Zaha------------------Puncheon--------------------PVA

Subs:

Henessey
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Lee
Dreher

Give those carry an injury a break.

JackTheBiscuit
15-05-2017, 04:18 PM

Subs:

Henessey
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Lee
Dreher

This

CP-RJW
15-05-2017, 04:21 PM
It's about time that Wilf really turns it on against them, show em what they're missing.

AddoWolz
15-05-2017, 04:34 PM
.........................Hennessey
Ward..........Kelly. .....Delaney............PVA

..................McArthur......Luka
Townsend.......................................Sch lupp

..........................Zaha. ....Benteke

MFBias
15-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Surely Allardyce will want to finish the season strongly but yes all the player with knocks shouldnt be played. Only person to get a look in for me would to play Kai Kai at some point but go for the idea of beating Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all in one season.

rambo1
15-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Depending on Leicester's Results,against Tottenham & Bournemouth,can still Finish 11th,so Definitely something to Play for.

greasley69
15-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Campbell and Sako to start for me,get them ready for next season,Benteke &Zaha looked laborious against Hull,need Campbell's and Sakos pace against Man United

sky dancer
15-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Campbell and Sako to start for me,get them ready for next season,Benteke &Zaha looked laborious against Hull,need Campbell's and Sakos pace against Man United

Sorry greasley there is no award for most pathetic troll post of the year

Nigelbrag
15-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Without question we should end the season on a high if possible and that should mean a win, and at a place like Old Trafford still means a lot, to do so we have to play our strongest team, it obviously will be dependent on fitness.
As Jose has said the Europa final is his priority so will be fielding a weakened team but no doubt will still a strong one, so its going to be quite a task but is achievable, this is who i would start with.

------------------------------------Hennessey-------------------------------------------

--------Ward---------------Tomkins---------------Kelly---------------Schlupp-------------

-----------------------------Luka-------------------Cabaye------------------------------

---------Zaha-----------------------Puncheon-----------------------Townsend-------------

----------------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------

Nelson Muntz
15-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Speroni.
10 others.

Kai
15-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Go with a team strong enough to win (assuming Man U play a weak side) yet give a few fringe players a chance on the bench.

Start Speroni and perhaps Kaikai, and let the likes of Dreher and Anderson be on the bench.

Mr Palace
15-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Strongest team minus those who are injured, so hopefully the same team as yesterday. You can't play schlupp at centre back GF - he will never ever be a CB. He deserves to be our first choice left back - I don't think PvA has shown he is a better player so far.

I'd like to see KaiKai and Dreher on the bench too. Hopefully no Campbell or other squad fillers who will hopefully be leaving in the summer.

It's fantastic to go into the game not needing a result. Glorious.

dmf73
15-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Speroni
Ward Kelly Dann Schlupp
Milivojevic Puncheon
Zaha McArthur Van Aanholt
Benteke

Jono14
15-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
PVA

Luka
McCarthur
Puncheon

Zaha
Benteke
KaiKai

gold76
15-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Speroni

Ward
Delaney
Kelly
Schlupp

McArthur
Luna
Puncheon

Zaha
Benteke
Sako

Sub's
Hennessey
Van aanholt
Flamini
Ledley
CYL
Kaikai
Campbell

cpfcfan1
15-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Full strength let's end on a high and beat these wankers

Lombardo 888
15-05-2017, 09:12 PM
We have to win to finish higher than we are now, 13th

Sir.S.C Remembered
16-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Put out our strongest team of non-injured players. It is a great opportunity for us to get a premier league win at OT and the financial rewards for the extra places are huge.

Go for it Palace!

One of the many or the excuses for not playing youth discussed on recent BBS thread + podcast below. So many excuses, hence we haven't started a youth player in any game (even cup) in 4 years.

Skintagain
16-05-2017, 10:01 AM
All depends who's fit. It's a week away so cabaye Tomkins Townsend may well be ok..

Hennessey

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
Schlupp

Luka
Punch
Cabaye

Wilf
Townsend

Benteke

If Tomkins Townsend and cabaye aren't fit. Then maybe Delaney in for Tomkins.. pva for Townsend and MacArthur for cabaye

Yep, that's what I'd like to see.

What we need is an early goal to set up a win.

Green Bin
16-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Without question we should end the season on a high if possible and that should mean a win, and at a place like Old Trafford still means a lot, to do so we have to play our strongest team, it obviously will be dependent on fitness.
As Jose has said the Europa final is his priority so will be fielding a weakened team but no doubt will still a strong one, so its going to be quite a task but is achievable, this is who i would start with.

------------------------------------Hennessey-------------------------------------------

--------Ward---------------Tomkins---------------Kelly---------------Schlupp-------------

-----------------------------Luka-------------------Cabaye------------------------------

---------Zaha-----------------------Puncheon-----------------------Townsend-------------

----------------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------

Lukas mentioned that Tomkins, Cabaye and Townsend all played against Hull with injuries and were substituted as soon as they possible could be, absolutely no reason to risk them for a meaningless game, likewise Ward must be due a break and with Benteke virtually our only fit goal scoring forward I wouldn't risk him either or certainly not for the whole match.

Remembering that Murray did his knee in at the end of the season we got promoted, makes me rather nervous to risk the 'crown jewels' of our side when we don't need to

Chris K
16-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Same as Hull (injuries permitting) with Jules in goal. Then a bench made up with kids that have earned a chance a

Ron Dogers
16-05-2017, 12:42 PM
One of the many or the excuses for not playing youth discussed on recent BBS thread + podcast below. So many excuses, hence we haven't started a youth player in any game (even cup) in 4 years.

Surely that's more relative to the quality of the youth players than the decision making process. in the last 4 years how many players have been ignored by our first team and now feature in the Prem?

jimmy the gent
16-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Be nice to see Delaney make an appearance at some point, in what will surely be his last game for the club.

TheCharmer1
16-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Be nice to see Delaney make an appearance at some point, in what will surely be his last game for the club.

he's signed a new contract!

IanH
16-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Anyone who is carrying a knock will be rested (so presumably Cabaye, Townsend and Tomkins) and we won't rush anyone back from injury now (Dann). We will therefore have a pretty weak side out which is a shame - their second team will be too strong for our weakened first team. We will just have to focus on singing Ajax songs all game! Just so pleased we are already safe.

desperado
16-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Manchester United will be playing squad players and under 23's so a good time to give youth a chance. There is nothing to be gained playing an aging goalkeeper past his 'best by' date but there could be a future advantage in giving some of the best academy players some game time

If Townsend is rested because of his Achilles injury we should start Sullay KaiKai if he is fit. Can always be replaced by Lee if he tires towards the end of the second half

We should have another two youngsters on the bench and bring them on with about twenty minutes to go regardless of the score

Not a popular opinion on here but I think we should be looking forwards and not backwards

jmemour
16-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Subs:

Henessey
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Lee
Dreher

Yep.

Payney
16-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Can't see us playing anyone with a knock, Imagine them doing something really bad and being out for a long stretch.

Hopefully a couple of youngsters get a look in, Hope we win as I'm going but not all that bothered about the team or the result now we are safe.

Latvian
16-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Speroni

Ward
Kelly
Tomkins/Dann
Schlupp

Zaha
Punch
Luka
McArthur
Kai Kai

Benteke

May even play Delaney, not to worsen any injuries for our CBs that will feature next year.

As Sir SC Remembered said, gotta start our very patient Kai Kai and then get a few youngsters on the bench too. I'd bring Campbell on too, with a point to prove to both us and Man U.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
16-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Speroni
Ward Kelly Delaney PVA
Zaha Puncheon McArthur Luka Schlupp
Benteke

Don't think we should really be playing Tomkins, Cabaye or Townsend if they have injuries. I'd rather they rested and didn't have any chance of aggravating the injuries for the beginning of next season. Yes it's good to try and finish as high as possible but I'd rather have the chance of having them fully fit for the first game of the season.

My thoughts entirely.

PVA at leftback and Schluppy in place of Andros.

Simples, innit ? :D

WashDCEagle
16-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Wayne
Ward, Damo, Kelly, Schlupp
Jmac, Luka, Punch
Wilf, Ben, Kaikai

Give Damo his last day. He's not so poor that you can't even put him out there for this, at the end of his time in a match that means little. On a very different note, let's get Kaikai going. It's a proper time for him to get a taste of senior level action in the Prem. Big hopes for the young man.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
16-05-2017, 02:59 PM
OOppps just noticed Jules in there...not sure about that.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
16-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Don't believe Kaikai and any of the other younger lads/loanees will evr be in the first team squad , so dont think theres any point in them being included...and the increase in revenue is more important than playing yoof for the sake of it.

Sorry that's harsh but think thats the only way to play it - literally.

old geezer
16-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Sadly I cannot see Cabaye, Tomkins or Townsend playing as it might aggravate injuries and there is no need to do that now.
I think Dann might play along with McArthur and I would give either Kaikai or Sako a staring place
Apart from that then it is the team that played on Sunday

rambo1
16-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Hennessey

Ward Kelly Delaney Schlupp

Milivojevic McArthur

Zaha Puncheon KaiKai

Benteke

Subs- Speroni,Van Aanholt,Flamini,Campbell,Lee,Dreher,Wan-Bissaka.

Steve in Phoenix
16-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Anyone who is carrying a knock will be rested (so presumably Cabaye, Townsend and Tomkins) and we won't rush anyone back from injury now (Dann). .

According to Sam, Dann is physically fit.. just not match fit.

4 cryingOutloud
16-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Go full strength. Cabaye and Tomkins are not fully fit though so let them have a breather:

Subs:

Speroni
Delaney
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Kai Kai

It's a bit left field, but Schlupp (my Man of the Match vs Hull) deserves to keep his place, and yet Van Aanholt is a quality player with more technical ability - he will be our left back for years to come. So we should accommodate both if we can. To me, this is the perfect opportunity to give Schlupp another try at centre back. His pace is such a massive asset for the Premier League in particular, and whilst his positioning needs improving on he can tackle and defend. He is left footed, has the pace to get him out of trouble and also the ability to bring the ball out and join in with counter attacks. Assuming Tomkins is injured who else could we play there? Delaney is obviously not part of Big Sam's plans going forward, so let's look to the future. Not saying it will work, but no harm in trying it. He has the pace to counter the threat of Martial and Rashford.

Would also like to give Sako a chance to show what he can do, plus also perhaps minutes for Speroni and Kai-Kai. But first and foremost, let's go for the win :p

It's the last game of the season, and there will be weeks of time for them to have a breather. Besides a win might put us up two places and and significantly increase the financial bounty. Of course it might not happen, but it could, so let's field our strongest side FFS. We cant concede to nostalgia and sentiment when there are millions at stake, besides, Sam knows what he's doing so leave it to him.

New LP
16-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Manchester United will be playing squad players and under 23's so a good time to give youth a chance. There is nothing to be gained playing an aging goalkeeper past his 'best by' date but there could be a future advantage in giving some of the best academy players some game time

If Townsend is rested because of his Achilles injury we should start Sullay KaiKai if he is fit. Can always be replaced by Lee if he tires towards the end of the second half

We should have another two youngsters on the bench and bring them on with about twenty minutes to go regardless of the score

Not a popular opinion on here but I think we should be looking forwards and not backwards

When you look at the prize money available everything should be done to get a result. That means playing fit first team players. It would also be a very memorable day for the 2600 allowed to purchase a ticket as well.

desperado
16-05-2017, 04:39 PM
When you look at the prize money available everything should be done to get a result. That means playing fit first team players. It would also be a very memorable day for the 2600 allowed to purchase a ticket as well.

We are more likely to get a result playing a strong team with one academy player than we are if we play Speroni in goal regardless of who plays in front of him

Last game of last season Southampton had five shots on target, they scored four goals and one got cleared off the line. Kaikai played on the wing and didn't look out of place

Mictor Voses
17-05-2017, 10:13 PM

My thoughts exactly. This lot are about as beatable as they will ever be and we want to take the momentum we built last week into the summer. If Cabaye and Tomkins can only do an hour then so be it but it would make a huge difference as demonstrated against Hull.

adrenalin john
17-05-2017, 10:53 PM

Go for it Palace!

Exactly. Protect the injured but let's go for it. Strongest team possible, Kai Kai can come on for the last 15 when we are 3 0 up

Nostrils
18-05-2017, 06:28 AM
As others have said, field the strongest team without risking further injury. Prize money will help next season in the form of wages/signings let alone the pleasure of beating MU at OT.

Is he playing games? I don't trust Mourinho:

"Mourinho said the likes of Demetri Mitchell, Scott McTominay, Axel Tuanzebe, Matthew Willock, Josh Harrop and Zachary Dearnley would join Eric Bailly and Paul Pogba in the matchday squad."

Like the way he tried to sneak the last one in as if nobody would notice.

westsussexcpfc
18-05-2017, 06:48 AM
We must play our strongest team because it might be our only chance to thrash manure at OT.
We must go for it 100%.

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Pogba surely won't play 90 mins they may have extra time 3 days later

Mad Raschic Ken
18-05-2017, 06:58 AM
I see Mourinho has suggested that Sam should play a weakened team too because he's going to. Cheeky sod. Full strength, subject to injuries, almost assured after that!

EagleSE24
18-05-2017, 08:48 AM
With Andros and Cabaye out

---------Hennessey
Ward - Kelly - Tomkins - PVA
------------Luka
Wilf - J Mac - Punch - Schlupp
--------- Benteke

TheCharmer1
18-05-2017, 09:01 AM

---------Hennessey
------------Luka
--------- Benteke

Must be the team

ForzaPalace
18-05-2017, 09:12 AM

---------Hennessey
------------Luka
--------- Benteke

That'll be it

aashman12
18-05-2017, 09:31 AM

Subs:

Speroni
Delaney
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Campbell
Kai Kai

Schlupp was motm at left back not cb.

aashman12
18-05-2017, 09:35 AM

There's money up for grabs with premier league placing.

rhiannapaul
18-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Smash the scum mugs
Go for it 2 cup finals of pain ruin them

jmemour
18-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Probably Jimmy Mac in for Cabaye and PVA in for Townsend. Don't understand why we can't give Speroni a game here though.

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 09:53 AM
I hope at least one person has suggested Jonny Williams be given a chance.

SHIPEAGLE
18-05-2017, 10:07 AM
I hope at least one person has suggested Jonny Williams be given a chance.

He's not in our 25 man squad and i believe is over age now

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 10:32 AM
He's not in our 25 man squad and i believe is over age now

that won't stop people suggesting him :-)

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 10:34 AM
As for my team, it shouldn't include anyone leaving on a free or anyone injured. Otherwise i hope we play our strongest team and have a player on the bench that can come on for his debut.

glaziers fan
18-05-2017, 12:28 PM
------------------------Henessey--------------------------------
-------------kelly------Tomkins---------Schlupp---------------
Ward---Puncheon-----Milovojevic--McArthur-----Van Aanholt
-------------------------Zaha----------------------------------
-----------------------Benteke--------------------------------

After press conference injury report. Sako to get time off the bench possibly. Leave Wilf in the pocket, let him run and shoot. WZ to score the winner. :p

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 07:38 PM
One of our best chances to beat them surely I can't wait for this match as I can watch it without relegation worry surely therefore by the gods of football we will have to lose it in a memorable sort of cock up way

Stavros 69
18-05-2017, 07:42 PM

---------Hennessey
------------Luka
--------- Benteke

This

Shipp Ahoy!
18-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Hennessey

Ward - Kelly - Tompkins - Schlupp

Zaha - McArthur - Luka - PVA

Puncheon

Benteke

I'd put money on that being the team.

Subs something like: Speroni, Delaney, Flamini, Sako, KaiKai, Lee, Campbell

18-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Ha great stuff - just seen we vs Moan Utd are the live TV game this week :D

Heath eagle
18-05-2017, 08:16 PM

Our game vs the wankers ?

aj4england
18-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Watched the cup final up to punchs' goal can't watch any further - can we please beat this lot on the eve of their 'cup final'. Ideally by a few .

hatter8142
18-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Not here it isn't as far as I know it's Liverpool v Boro and Watford v Man City

Hudds Eagle
18-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Give 3/4 kids and Jules a start. We have f**k all to lose. Don't know much about the young lads this year but maybe the likes of KaiKai, Dreher and Phillips?

Glazier69
18-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Smash the wankers!

exiledeagle
18-05-2017, 09:04 PM

live game where ? not on sky ?

Sick Bucket
18-05-2017, 09:07 PM
I've started hating Mourinho, hating Man. U is a given for any Palace fan but actually this little outburst cracks me up, he's taking the piss and we all know it SA included, we should play our best team and IF its really true JM does play a weakened side I hope we rip them to pieces, I'd love a repeat of the Arsenal result.

Sick Bucket
18-05-2017, 09:08 PM
But I'd also start Speroni, that would be my only change from the Hull game

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Give 3/4 kids and Jules a start. We have f**k all to lose. Don't know much about the young lads this year but maybe the likes of KaiKai, Dreher and Phillips?
We have up to 10 million in prize money, attractiveness to potential signings (based on league positions) and the chance to beat the wankers for the first time in the Prem to lose.

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 09:32 PM
It's all lining up towards an 11th place finish

Payroll Legend
18-05-2017, 09:34 PM
If Speroni isn't thought good enough to play ahead of Hennessy for the rest of the season then why would he play now?

Sir.S.C Remembered
19-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Surely that's more relative to the quality of the youth players than the decision making process. in the last 4 years how many players have been ignored by our first team and now feature in the Prem?

Not even about promoting my pod, but more not repeating myself - please see the DGFootball Youth Special pod for my opinions on your point above and a good old discussion about youth opportunities.

Kai
19-05-2017, 08:43 AM
If Speroni isn't thought good enough to play ahead of Hennessy for the rest of the season then why would he play now?

If he isn't deemed good enough to play this game why give him a New contract at all? This is exactly the type of game he should play in - no pressure and very unlikely he will be put under much pressure.

Chris K
19-05-2017, 12:24 PM
We have up to 10 million in prize money, attractiveness to potential signings (based on league positions) and the chance to beat the wankers for the first time in the Prem to lose.

Agreed, as an aside it's absolutely mental that on the same day last year we played them in the Cup Final and if we'd have won we'd have got 1.8m in prize money. This year for a meaningless end of season game we can bank 12m

Mad Raschic Ken
19-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Agreed, as an aside it's absolutely mental that on the same day last year we played them in the Cup Final and if we'd have won we'd have got 1.8m in prize money. This year for a meaningless end of season game we can bank 12m

And if we had won that game maybe we would have been playing a young team in advance of a midweek trip to Stockholm! We would very likely have been relegated too as it turns out!

Hudds Eagle
19-05-2017, 12:43 PM

Is this what we've become as a football club? We can't give a couple of kids a chance for the sake of money? What happened to 'South London and Proud' where we literally had billboards and posters showing our academy graduates. That's Palace for me. How long it's been since we've had a player come through is embarrassing. Sad times if this is our priority

AddoWolz
21-05-2017, 12:14 PM
.............................Hennessey
Ward................Kelly. ......Tomkins...............PVA

......................McArthur........Luka

.....zaha......................................... .............Sako

.............................Benteke......Remy

Yoda
21-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Is this what we've become as a football club? We can't give a couple of kids a chance for the sake of money? What happened to 'South London and Proud' where we literally had billboards and posters showing our academy graduates. That's Palace for me. How long it's been since we've had a player come through is embarrassing. Sad times if this is our priority

I see your point.

How about a compromise...a couple of the youngsters on the bench and they get a chance if the opposition isn't that strong?

And if we do win millions more in prize money as a consequence of winning today, let's spend it on the academy...5-10m would make a substantial difference and is not to be sniffed at.

The Vicar
21-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Like your thinking.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 12:49 PM

Or quite simply none of them are good enough

Mictor Voses
21-05-2017, 12:55 PM
PVA for Townsend and MacArthur for Cabaye is my understanding of what the team is.

Zulu84
21-05-2017, 01:00 PM
PVA for Townsend and MacArthur for Cabaye is my understanding of what the team is.

That's some real insider knowledge right there

Zulu84
21-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Wow, Dann made the bench!! :lux:

Pierre
21-05-2017, 01:33 PM

10-12m is a huge amount of money to possibly forsake for giving youth a chance! (Spent wisely it would buy us another player for next season) I am certainly one for blooding youngsters when justified however I don't think this is the opportunity to do it.

United have seasoned old pro's on their bench today so can change their team around should they get in trouble during the match, Palace have never won at Old Trafford and its a huge arena to perform in.

Palace's Academy does need work on it starting with new premises, fresh talent etc its all been acknowledged and I am sure will be addressed in the future but it doesn't top maintaining Premiership status and progress up it to become a stable club!

Nostrils
21-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Bl00dy hell, my only link currently is **TV and they've shamefully wheeled out the old orange faced racist that is Ron Atkinson. It's all quite sickening, I'll look another one.

bodger
21-05-2017, 01:48 PM
We should fill our boots at 9/4

Lombardo's hair
21-05-2017, 02:57 PM
We should fill our boots at 9/4

Hope you didnt