PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho: I hope Palace go soft on us!

Beckenham Boy
18-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Sorry if already on one of the other Man Utd game threads

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/mourinho-i-hope-palace-go-soft-on-us/ar-BBBfIuO?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

Mourinho: I hope Palace go soft on us

Dejan Kalinic - 2 hrs ago

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho hopes Crystal Palace go "soft" on his team as he again vented his frustration with his side's schedule.

United's busy run of fixtures continued with a 0-0 draw at Southampton on Wednesday, a clash which marked their fifth game this month.

Unable to move from sixth in the Premier League, they host Palace, who have avoided relegation, on Sunday, days before the Europa League final against Ajax.

Mourinho said his side's league outing should have been moved to Saturday as he asked for Palace manager Sam Allardyce to take it easy against what is set to be a youthful United team.

"I never saw any detail of trying to care about the English teams involved in European competitions," he said.

"I never saw that with Chelsea, I never saw that with Manchester United, I never saw that with Manchester City last year. I never saw. I never saw. So I think it's just a lost battle [asking to move the game].

"You have to accept the way it is and I hope the fans at Old Trafford on Sunday, they support the team, they forgive some naivety, they forgive some lack of confidence.

"I hope that Big Sam shows he's a good friend and they go slow. He tells [Wilfried] Zaha to go slow, he leaves [Christian] Benteke at home. I hope he goes soft on us."

Mourinho said the likes of Demetri Mitchell, Scott McTominay, Axel Tuanzebe, Matthew Willock, Josh Harrop and Zachary Dearnley would join Eric Bailly and Paul Pogba in the matchday squad.

Scifo
18-05-2017, 07:59 AM
"He tells Zaha to go slow, he leaves Benteke at home"

He can be a funny **** some times to be fair to him

Bailly is suspended for the final so that's why he's included Is Pogba the same?

IanH
18-05-2017, 07:59 AM
As the great Kevin Keegan once said, I would love it we beat them, love it!

SeanPalace84
18-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Can't hate the bloke, he loves us. :D

Go soft though, **** off.

ForzaPalace
18-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Never not liked the bloke, clearly has a soft spot for us. He'll be our manager one day.

SA Eagle
18-05-2017, 08:01 AM
I hope we kick **** out of anyone who might be in line for a place in the EL final squad

jimos_uk
18-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Never not liked the bloke, clearly has a soft spot for us. He'll be our manager one day.

I was starting to wonder if he'd lost his mojo, but he's done a good job of turning it around I think. You're right though, I think there is something about us that he respects, though I can't imagine him being here (at least not while we have Selhurst as it is).

MasterYoda
18-05-2017, 08:03 AM
It's mind games - he knows that when we're not 100% on it we lose. Hoping our players take our eye off the ball. Any Man Utd side at home need some beating to get a result.

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 08:04 AM
"He tells Zaha to go slow, he leaves Benteke at home"

He can be a funny **** some times to be fair to him

Bailly is suspended for the final so that's why he's included Is Pogba the same?

Apparently Pogba has had personal issues so not played of late.

"Seniors Eric Bailly, who is banned for the final, and Paul Pogba, who has not trained or played since the death of his father, will provide some experience."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4516626/Mourinho-blasts-PL-not-rescheduling-Palace-clash.html

Officer Dibble
18-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Ok Jose. Give us Rashford on loan for a year and we'll rest Mutch....

FourtyTwo
18-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Said on a different thread that I would rather play a distracted, tired first team than a side packed full of hungry bit part players and youngsters with something to prove ahead of next season.

fioreuk
18-05-2017, 08:07 AM
:jerkit: Let's hope we go there and kick the sh1te out of them.

xian1
18-05-2017, 08:09 AM
I really despise United but it is a joke that have to play 3 days before a major Euro final. We need those European coefficients to remain good for when Palace are in contention. They could have played the game on Saturday, United are stuck in 6th and Palace are safe from relegation.

jmemour
The bloke talks so much shit it's unbelievable. He's come out and said that the fixture should have been moved, does he have absolutely no consideration for the 3,000 Palace fans who have made travel arrangements to come to the game, plus all the United travellers who come from all over to support their team. Never known such a self-interested moaner to grace the Premier League, he's managing Man Utd FFS, the siege mentality doesn't work when you're by far and away the biggest club in the country.

sylvan eagle
I know he manages them but i do like mourinho, future palace manager one day

johnnytemper
18-05-2017, 08:11 AM
I'd be inclined to use this game as a chance to bring in some youth teamers, rest anyone playing through injury and give Jules another start...however a. there's something like £10m worth of Premier League final position prize money riding on this game for us (could do with that in the transfer kitty!) and b. it's ******* Moan U...after beating us in the cup last season, thrashing them 10-0 wouldn't even satisfy my desire for revenge! :veryangry: ;)

(NB pretty sure whatever side Utd put out it'll be pretty tasty, there are no free points on offer no matter what Mourinho says)

maestro
18-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Play a full team

Get a win at old trafford, always good for the confidence when you next visit.

Zohar's Penalty
18-05-2017, 08:20 AM
I don't think he likes us as much as people on here suggest, but I think he has been impressed by our support, which is typically in stark contrast to the sterile, sedate, entitled, expectant, dispassionate, ungrateful, conditional, apathetic, half hearted, sitting on hands and taking selfies bullshit that he has witnessed at Chelsea and Wank Utd.

eagle mart
18-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Love his comments. I think he's brilliant value.

A few mind games, maybe softening us up for some eager talented kids to tear into us.

mroakley9
18-05-2017, 08:24 AM
i hope someone breaks pogba's foot tbh

Maidstoned Eagle
18-05-2017, 08:24 AM
The bloke talks so much shit it's unbelievable. He's come out and said that the fixture should have been moved, does he have absolutely no consideration for the 3,000 Palace fans who have made travel arrangements to come to the game, plus all the United travellers who come from all over to support their team. Never known such a self-interested moaner to grace the Premier League, he's managing Man Utd FFS, the siege mentality doesn't work when you're by far and away the biggest club in the country.

I think he's talking about moving it with some notice, not today.

jmemour
18-05-2017, 08:32 AM
I think he's talking about moving it with some notice, not today.

He said as soon as we were confirmed safe vs Hull. That's a week in advance.

brighton_eagle
18-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Sorry but it's absolute bollocks. How many millions will the team he puts out against us be worth? Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with one of the biggest revenues. If they don't have the resources to play a meaningless (to them) end of season game AND compete in a european final 3 days later that's down to poor recruitment, just like it would be for Chelsea or Man City in the same situation.

And he is totally wrong to suggest it's a meaningless game to us. Saying that shows how out of touch he is. The extra 11 odd million at stake is a significant amount to a club like Palace. So basically he can do one.

ExiledStirling
18-05-2017, 08:48 AM
We are already playing Hennessey in goal, so he is taking the piss if he wants us to weaken the team even more.

Neckinger Eagle
18-05-2017, 08:49 AM
So, if you are reading this Big Sam, don't listen to that simpering idiot.

Some of us may have had a heavy heart after Hull's humiliation because of the proper fans in the corner that are just like us.

No Palace fan will feel the same on Sunday. This is the ideal opportunity to give United the heavy beating they deserve. Show the tourists how a proper team behaves.

brighton_eagle
18-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Absolutely. Beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U in one season would be awesome.

Neckinger Eagle
18-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I know he manages them but i do like mourinho, future palace manager one day

Do we really need a manager on the way down?

bigend1
18-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Absolutely. Beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U in one season would be awesome.

Yep. The Burnley result took a little gloss off it but winning those four from the six including Spurs and city is actually gargantuan when you think about it. When we saw those coming most we're hoping for 2/3 points as a decent return.. win against Utd and we've taken 12!

SA Eagle
18-05-2017, 09:00 AM
We are already playing Hennessey in goal, so he is taking the piss if he wants us to weaken the team even more.

Prepare yourself for a beasting from Owngoal.

exiledeagle
18-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Imagine De Gea will be in goal as he said he will player the reserve keeper ( Romario ? ) in final

ExiledStirling
18-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Prepare yourself for a beasting from Owngoal.
:)

Pete79
18-05-2017, 09:04 AM
**** them, and **** Mourhino. We need to go to Old Trafford and give them the worst 90 minutes they've had this season. If this is a chance to kick them when they're down we need to take every opportunity to do so. Besides, 3 points could be worth a few million pounds which could make all the difference.

karl.eldridge
18-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Imagine De Gea will be in goal as he said he will player the reserve keeper ( Romario ? ) in final

Already said Periera will play in goal.

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Please put the strongest team possible out. Getting as high up the league would be a rich reward for so many failings (not Sam's fault) over the last 18 months. Two and a half thousand fans will be travelling and giving them the chance to see us really go toe to toe with Man Utd in their own ground and having a chance to beat them will mean the world to them as it doesn't happen often. In fact the last time we beat them in the league there was:

27years 5 months 12 days 0 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds

or 27.4 years
or 329.3 months
or 1,432.1 weeks
or 10,025.0 days
or 240,600.1 hours
or 14,436,009.2 minutes
or 866,160,557 seconds

Please give it your all.........for us!

Palace Bear
18-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Every place in the league is an extra couple of £million. Lets go out to beat them.

xian1
18-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Could be worth 1/2 of Sakho's fee

SEEPEEEFFSEE
18-05-2017, 09:24 AM
We are going to steam roller them just like we did Hull but this time it will be on their patch. Let's see how many of the Wankers are singing about Cantona when we're 3-0 up.

PalaceForever
18-05-2017, 09:28 AM
I like Jose (sad he's with the wankers), but I hope we give them a big mauling.

Palace121
18-05-2017, 09:37 AM
I like that Mourinho has been complimentary of us the past but in general, he's a miserable twat.

Skiddo
18-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Amazing how so many of you on here have been sucked in to Mourinho's mind games and are taking it all to heart :D

Raggy
18-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Amazing how so many of you on here have been sucked in to Mourinho's mind games and are taking it all to heart :D

I don't get this mind game. I don't understand the psychology of how he thinks it will help United.

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Here is the Press conference for those that want to listen. 4.20 in pretty much.

https://youtu.be/_3qgzS89hw0

rhiannapaul
18-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Hate them go for it

bodger
18-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Had they needed to beat us i am sure they would have found a way to postpone the game. To be fair they have had far to many games to play a full team and he is doing the right thing for his team.

ebyeeckeagle
18-05-2017, 09:48 AM
:jerkit: Let's hope we go there and kick the sh1te out of them.

Yep. **** the wankers. :jerkit:

eagle101
18-05-2017, 09:55 AM
I like Josť. He likes us. But I definitely don't like Manchester United. I hope we wreck them.

wighteagle
18-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Mourinho is getting his excuses in quick in case they give a poor performance. Sam could ask them to go easy on us because we have a long injury list.

Load of old bollox.

trufan
18-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Any "kids" he plays against us will be red-hot prospects with years of training and experience of high-quality football already under their belts. Sam knows this. It's not a case of going easy, we'll need to be on our mettle and match their desire to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Would we ask or expect him to go easy if it was the other way round. Absolutely not, they would take much joy in kicking us as a club if we were down. They are hardly in need of sympathy, they're in the f--king Europa cup final FFS, not about to go into administration.

Golf Boy
18-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Could be worth 1/2 of Sakho's fee

Or a couple of weeks wages to Sako

philsick
18-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Mourinho is an overated grade a knob. Talks shite.makes massively expensive squads of players pay boring defensive football. Boring wanker United and him are a perfect match.Hope us and Ajax stuff them.

eagles #1
18-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Surely it'll be a similar team to the one that play against Southampton last night?

deftones_eagle
18-05-2017, 10:04 AM
smash them up. couldn't care less about united. I have the pleasure of welcoming United fans to Stockholm next wednesday. Brilliant.

EL JIMBO
18-05-2017, 10:16 AM
I like Mourinho seems he does like CP,

Still think he will play a poor squad which sends a message to the PL,if we end the season with a win and finish with significantly more money we are all happy.

Zaha to score a hatrick

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 10:23 AM
I bet after all this, we'll get stuffed by them [emoji24]

Eagle Kneevil
18-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Don't worry Jose, we'll leave Jonathan Benteke at home.

greybot
18-05-2017, 10:30 AM
How can anyone like the guy? He's a grade A ****. Suits the wankers to a tee.

muswell eagle
18-05-2017, 10:54 AM
We had to play one of our most important games of the season against Swansea at home 2 days after we played Arsenal. The way Jose is talking, you would think the Europa League final was on Tuesday.

He has mucked about with his teams to such an extent that the side he puts out in the final will not have played together for about a month.

Improving our league position by 2 places would be worth £5M to us. It may be only just over 10% of the agent's fee for Pogba to Man U but it is a lot of money to us when we have to send tickets back in case they are not sold to save £30k.

I like Jose, but he lost the plot at Chelsea and is now in a situation where he has had to put everything into one cup match. If he loses the match, he will have had a less successful season than LvG last year and should be sacked.

My dislike for Man U as a club grew with the way that LvG was booed by their own fans after they had won the FA Cup and I remain of the opinion that LvG had found a system that worked involving Rooney and with an exciting attack of Martial, Rashford and Lingard.

jimmy the gent
18-05-2017, 11:34 AM
i hope someone breaks pogba's foot tbh

To be fair, that'd only strengthen them.

jimmy the gent
18-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Beating us at Old Trafford in a game like this should be a doddle. Play a compact, defensive minded shape that doesn't get exposed to counter attacks, look to win free kicks around the box, and have your free kick takers practise long shots based on WH's weaknesses. No one gets too knackered, you don't get exposed to our pace on the break and you get the three points, or at least a draw.

Used to like Mourinho, but he's a surly miserable c'nt these days. Over manages his team something chronic.

weltklasse
18-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Never known such a self-interested moaner to grace the Premier League, he's managing Man Utd FFS, the siege mentality doesn't work when you're by far and away the biggest club in the country.

WTF you never listend to fergie then?:D

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Mourinho would set his teams up like Tony pulis if he had similar quality players

Maidstoned Eagle
18-05-2017, 11:54 AM
He said as soon as we were confirmed safe vs Hull. That's a week in advance.

Hes actually talking about fixture congestion and how the authorities should be prepared to avoid them.

jimmy the gent
18-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Man Utd were the clear favourites in Europa before a ball was kicked this season. They've had a pretty easy ride all the way through it, and still made a struggle of it at times. They've surrendered the league, which frankly is laughable and they ought to be ashamed of, to focus on it, and still want a soft soaping from the FA and opposition teams? Absolute bollocks all of it. Frankly they've become an embarrassment.

Johnny Byrne
18-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Bolox to Jose. We need to finish as high as we can for the PL prize money as well as our pride for the end of the season. If we get a win (a tall order, but possible), then we can finish 12th. Going soft = 15th or 16th. £2m per place means losing perhaps £6m - £8m. Neither SA (for pride) or SP (for pride and PL cash) will want that to happen, and as for the fans, I would love to put the 'Man U not beaten them in the PL' ghost to bed with a win. COYP!

Maiden Eagle
18-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Typical cheeky stuff from Mourinho !! I admit I quite like him, mainly because after we twice beat his Chelsea team, he didn't moan and whinge (too much!!) about it, he fact he praised us and our fans.
But he's not kidding me with his comments - He will put out a strong team against us and if any youngsters do play, I guessing they will be of good quality.
And if we are to have any chance of winning up there, we have got to do something we haven't done on 7 previous visits to the 2 Manc clubs, since we have got back into the Prem. Score a bloody goal !!

Chris K
18-05-2017, 12:53 PM
I think he may have been joking with the "Go easy on us" line

WLYWLYAWYPWF
18-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Typical cheeky stuff from Mourinho !! I admit I quite like him, mainly because after we twice beat his Chelsea team, he didn't moan and whinge (too much!!) about it, he fact he praised us and our fans.
But he's not kidding me with his comments - He will put out a strong team against us and if any youngsters do play, I guessing they will be of good quality.
And if we are to have any chance of winning up there, we have got to do something we haven't done on 7 previous visits to the 2 Manc clubs, since we have got back into the Prem. Score a bloody goal !!

We scored a perfectly good goal at Manchester City but it was disallowed. :frown:

Kai
18-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Mourinho will be Palace manager one day :-)

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 12:57 PM
I don't get this mind game. I don't understand the psychology of how he thinks it will help United.
He takes pressure off his players by putting the media spotlight on himself, and making excuses for them, been doing it his whole career.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Can't hate the bloke, he loves us. :D

Go soft though, **** off.

Just a 0-1 win with Zaha getting the goal is going soft :supergrin:

Bungalow
18-05-2017, 01:08 PM
With the prize money at stake I am sure BFS will be asking our players to go for it and give it their all. I suspect he will set up tactically in the same way as for other recent away games. The problem will be getting them up for it given we are now safe. I know they are professionals and should play 100% regardless but they are only human.

As far as Mourinho is concerned he doesn't really mean we should go soft on them. He is just having to find something different to say when he is asked about it yet again. It must be really so dull for them to have to give so many press conferences when there is nothing new to talk about.

The endless moaning about fixture scheduling by him and other managers with this sort of issue is really very dull and childish.

eagle mart
18-05-2017, 01:16 PM
£10k a man bonus. If you're allowed to incentivise a one-off game.

jimos_uk
18-05-2017, 01:23 PM
£10k a man bonus. If you're allowed to incentivise a one-off game.

If I've learned anything from life, it's that Championship Manager '93 is a very good reflection on the real world so, in that case, yes, we can offer a lovely win bonus for a one off game.

We can also appoint our mate as manager of Man City and sell him Mutch for £20m.

Maiden Eagle
18-05-2017, 01:26 PM
We scored a perfectly good goal at Manchester City but it was disallowed. :frown:

That is very true - McArthur wasn't it, when Warnock was in charge ? Proved onside !

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 01:27 PM
That is very true - McArthur wasn't it, when Warnock was in charge ? Proved onside !
To be fair in the reverse fixture Murray scored an offside goal when we beat them- I'm satisfied with that trade!

WLYWLYAWYPWF
18-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Yeah when we were 2-0 down. Warnock was at least able to pretend it could have made a difference to the outcome.

Wandle_Eagle
18-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Forget going soft Jose, we're going in hard, no lube.

Nigel_Scarfer
18-05-2017, 01:53 PM
I really despise United but it is a joke that have to play 3 days before a major Euro final. We need those European coefficients to remain good for when Palace are in contention. They could have played the game on Saturday, United are stuck in 6th and Palace are safe from relegation.
To be fair, they would only have known that nothing was riding on this match at about 12.05 last Sunday. By that time, Utd's legions of diehard fans would already have booked their flights from Norway and Belfast and there is no way the FA/EPL would ever do anything to inconvenience loyal supporters at short notice.

Shipp Ahoy!
18-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Are the bookies still offering odds of 5/1 for us to win?

Surely must be the best chance to beat them at Theatre of :jerkit: ever!?

fish finger
18-05-2017, 02:09 PM
if they take it easy and we coast to a 3-0 lead at half-time, then Yes - go soft in 2nd half.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 02:14 PM
To be fair, they would only have known that nothing was riding on this match at about 12.05 last Sunday. By that time, Utd's legions of diehard fans would already have booked their flights from Norway and Belfast and there is no way the FA/EPL would ever do anything to inconvenience loyal supporters at short notice.

:supergrin::supergrin:

Baffled Bob 2
18-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Are the bookies still offering odds of 5/1 for us to win?

Surely must be the best chance to beat them at Theatre of :jerkit: ever!?

Nope. 9/4 is best now.

brighton_eagle
18-05-2017, 02:21 PM
if they take it easy and we coast to a 3-0 lead at half-time, then Yes - go soft in 2nd half.

**** that. Go for double figures.

eagle mart
18-05-2017, 02:29 PM

This is the sort of complacency that Mourinho is looking for from us on Sunday.

Selhurst Celtic
18-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Fck 'em. Get Claude Davis back for the match too.

kark
18-05-2017, 02:53 PM
I really hope we fook em raiiiiight up

danpalace07
18-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Play to thrash them. Best team possible please Sam

HorleyStu
18-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Jose mind games! don't fall for it BFS...

fioreuk
18-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I hope Sam has a little word with them, like The Governor in the original The Longest Yard/Mean Machine akin to;

When we are a goal up, I want you to inflict as much painful damage on the Wankers as possible. So you understand, before this game is over, I want every Wanker in this stadium and beyond to know what I mean by pain and suffering. Do we understand each other? :jerkit:'s

Malarkey
18-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Destroy them.

Buglebob
18-05-2017, 03:57 PM
"By the time we've finished with them they'll be howling for their mothers".

Lombardo's hair
18-05-2017, 04:00 PM
I do not believe a word of what JM says. He will not send a team of lambs to the slaughter. This is mind games to put all pressure on us to win. The utd players will raise their games to impress or try to impress. If we don't win .....It will be embarassing. Win and .....so what. The boys need to be fired up for this. Wilf will be.

CP Satellite
18-05-2017, 04:03 PM
For old school football supporters like me, all this talk of resting players before 'big' matches is utter, utter bollocks.

Clubs would have to play their strongest 11 in any League match or face a fine and back in the day it would not matter how many players a club had available, everybody knew their best team and they would have just one sub, making rotation impossible.

The more success a club had, the more matches, obviously, that would be on top of unlimited replays possible in the League Cup and FA Cup.

Factor in bad weather, pitches that resembled farmland and uncomfortable coach journeys - the modern players are like pampered film stars in comparison.

I have nothing against Mourinho and I think some of his thoughts are possibly not always understood in the context he wants to express - English is probably one of three or four languages he speaks as well as Portugese, so don't take all he says without a large pinch of salt.

I hope Palace put out our best team available on Sunday ( saying that, I understand Cabaye and Tomkins played with knocks v Hull to help push us to safety ) - what Man United put on the pitch is their look out, but I am paying a big amount in travel, tickets and food and drink on the day and don't want to travel that far for the friendly kick about Mourinho jokingly hoped for in his interview.

Lombardo's hair
18-05-2017, 04:06 PM
If I've learned anything from life, it's that Championship Manager '93 is a very good reflection on the real world so, in that case, yes, we can offer a lovely win bonus for a one off game.

We can also appoint our mate as manager of Man City and sell him Mutch for £20m.

My understanding is that any incentives or bonuses have to be registered at start of season......so no?

palacemetros
18-05-2017, 04:51 PM
So, if you are reading this Big Sam, don't listen to that simpering idiot.

Some of us may have had a heavy heart after Hull's humiliation because of the proper fans in the corner that are just like us.

No Palace fan will feel the same on Sunday. This is the ideal opportunity to give United the heavy beating they deserve. Show the tourists how a proper team behaves.

This^^^^^.

Couldn't give a t*ss about Mourinho, the w*nkers or their "fans". If Palace were to "go soft" on them, it wouldn't be showing any respect for OUR fans! I would be mightily p*ssed off. :veryangry

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Come on Ajax!

Johnny Byrne
18-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Winning on Sunday at OT would actually turn what looked like a terrible season at Xmas into a half decent season - PL survival and beating the Arse at home in PL (tick) and beating Manure for the first time in the PL (hopefully a tick), plus decent chance of finishing 12th, depending on other results (a final tick).

I am sure that SA will put the strongest side out on Sunday to make sure we keep the integrity of our football club as high as possible (to the benefit of the PL), and to ensure that our fans are not short changed and that we try to finish on a high (with all that prize money at stake too).

COYP!

Richard
18-05-2017, 05:24 PM
I don't think he likes us as much as people on here suggest, but I think he has been impressed by our support, which is typically in stark contrast to the sterile, sedate, entitled, expectant, dispassionate, ungrateful, conditional, apathetic, half hearted, sitting on hands and taking selfies bullshit that he has witnessed at Chelsea and Wank Utd.

Quite.

spt1978
18-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Bolox to Jose. We need to finish as high as we can for the PL prize money as well as our pride for the end of the season. If we get a win (a tall order, but possible), then we can finish 12th. Going soft = 15th or 16th. £2m per place means losing perhaps £6m - £8m. Neither SA (for pride) or SP (for pride and PL cash) will want that to happen, and as for the fans, I would love to put the 'Man U not beaten them in the PL' ghost to bed with a win. COYP!

Totally, let's streamroller these ****ers.

Thefunkymonk
18-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Smash then. Don't care who they play or if they have a game in 3 days..

maestro
18-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I dont care if they play their under 13 girls side, we should still play our best side and go for the win.

Jim Cannon
18-05-2017, 05:51 PM

Bollox to that, utter garbage. We had to play 3 games in 6 days with an injury list as long your arm. Nobody gave a **** about it. Man Utd can rest the entire starting 11 for the final if they want. Not our problem, let's go and get 3 points

Jim Cannon
18-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Mark Dennis and Eric Young would be good too

ExiledStirling
18-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Bollox to that, utter garbage. We had to play 3 games in 6 days with an injury list as long your arm. Nobody gave a **** about it. Man Utd can rest the entire starting 11 for the final if they want. Not our problem, let's go and get 3 points
Well said.

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 06:05 PM
A win will give more momentum for next season

Reg_Maudling
18-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Beat them and then let's hope they lose to ajax

Wolfnipplechips
18-05-2017, 06:07 PM
I dont care if they play their under 13 girls side, we should still play our best side and go for the win.

I'm surprised you think we've got one to be honest.

meee
18-05-2017, 06:13 PM
He is the absolute master at deflecting from his team's failings.They are about to finish in a worse position than last season so he needs to get people talking about something else.There really isn't anything to whinge about,he can play whatever 11 he wants.

Payroll Legend
18-05-2017, 06:18 PM
I haven't bothered reading back but I'm assuming we've had the "he loves Palace" bollox

Jim Cannon
18-05-2017, 06:21 PM
I haven't bothered reading back but I'm assuming we've had the "he loves Palace" bollox

Yup, and will be our gaffer one day :wallbash:

CPFC since 1989
18-05-2017, 06:33 PM
I hope we embarrass them. Smash them up real good.

CPFC since 1989
18-05-2017, 06:35 PM

The bloke's a complete cnnut. I don't rate him at all.

917L
18-05-2017, 06:42 PM

This ^^^^^^^

Nth Kent Eagle
18-05-2017, 06:43 PM
They played their reserves against us in the League Cup win up there but it did include Valencia and a young Pogba. Not our problem if they choose their second string.

Braders
18-05-2017, 06:51 PM

:p

AddoWolz
18-05-2017, 06:58 PM
**** um , go hard and rodger the ***** stupid .

Payroll Legend
18-05-2017, 07:25 PM
**** um , go hard and rodger the ***** stupid .

Yeah, not too sure about this tbh

Duffle Coat
18-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Claude:love::love::love:

Jono14
18-05-2017, 08:18 PM
I was starting to wonder if he'd lost his mojo, but he's done a good job of turning it around I think. You're right though, I think there is something about us that he respects, though I can't imagine him being here (at least not while we have Selhurst as it is).

No he hasn't, they've finished lower than under Van Gaal and he's spent £250m!!!

Walter Wort
18-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Yep, sadly.
How his comment "I'd even manage Palace if it meant I could stay in London and watch the Olympics" (or words to that effect) can be taken as anything other than utter smug, pompous derision of our club is beyond me.

Selhurst Celtic
18-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Come on Ajax!

Ajax are filth, but I hope they win 1-0 in a turd of a game, the winning goal coming in injury time & an own goal by Rooney.

ebyeeckeagle
18-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Ajax are filth,

Your anti-semitism knows no bounds.

Selhurst Celtic
18-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Correct. I still remember the poor baby Jesus (pbuh) nailed to a Christmas tree.

ebyeeckeagle
18-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Correct. I still remember the poor baby Jesus (pbuh) nailed to a Christmas tree.

It wasn't a criticism.

Blind_Eagle
18-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Winning on Sunday at OT would actually turn what looked like a terrible season at Xmas into a half decent season - PL survival and beating the Arse at home in PL (tick) and beating Manure for the first time in the PL (hopefully a tick), plus decent chance of finishing 12th, depending on other results (a final tick).

It has already been a really be a special season for me.

I'm sure that's the first time ever in my 49 years of supporting palace we've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the league.

Beating the Wankers would simply be the icing on that particular cake.

Selhurst Celtic
18-05-2017, 10:59 PM
It wasn't a criticism.

I wasn't asking I was telling.

pgw152
18-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Assuming we're paying no notice to the 'soft' request, I wonder if there is a chance for a player to slide full pelt in to Jose when pretending to be out of control running towards him/the touch line...

Chris B
18-05-2017, 11:21 PM

I take it you haven't made your travel arrangements for Sunday?

Robson
18-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Let's smash 'em.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
18-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Jose would have liked to move the game? He's clearly not considering Man U fans...

Has he no consideration at all for all those wankers flying in from China or driving up from London to support their local team?

Mad Raschic Ken
19-05-2017, 12:00 AM

Admittedly it is 1am and I have been on the beers, but I'm pretty sure that would still have made me laugh in the morning! :p

Robson
19-05-2017, 12:07 AM
They played their reserves against us in the League Cup win up there but it did include Valencia and a young Pogba. Not our problem if they choose their second string.
We didn't start our best XI either did we, if I recall correctly.

Tomo
19-05-2017, 07:54 AM
We had to play one of our most important games of the season against Swansea at home 2 days after we played Arsenal. The way Jose is talking, you would think the Europa League final was on Tuesday.

It's on Wednesday.

He's only got 3 days in between. I don't blame him. Win a trophy and get Champions League.

andyocpfc
19-05-2017, 08:07 AM
We didn't start our best XI either did we, if I recall correctly.

In fairness, compared to now - our first 11 wasn't great. Although we didn't think so then, but that's how far we've come.

34 Price
02 Clyne
05 McCarthy
06 Gardner
21 Moxey (Ambrose - 46' )
03 Wright
08 Dikgacoi
28 O'Keefe
11 Scannell (Parr - 45' )
16 Zaha
19 Easter (Murray - 74' )

Substitutes

01 Speroni
38 Ramage
04 Parr
07 Ambrose
15 Jedinak
09 Iversen
17 Murray

MasterYoda
19-05-2017, 08:30 AM
As per Jose's request to not pick Benteke we should oblige and leave Jonathan at home.

jimmy the gent
19-05-2017, 09:08 AM
All his comments are purely designed to get our players 'on the beach' and over-confident. He wants a non-competitive game played at walking pace. Hope we smash them.

Reg_Maudling
19-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Ajax are filth, but I hope they win 1-0 in a turd of a game, the winning goal coming in injury time & an own goal by Rooney.

they may be the Manchester united of the Netherlands but they are the lesser evil

James
19-05-2017, 09:35 AM
It has already been a really be a special season for me.

I'm sure that's the first time ever in my 49 years of supporting palace we've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the league.

Beating the Wankers would simply be the icing on that particular cake.Since our return to the PL, haven't we now beaten all teams except ManU at least once (home or away)? We need to complete the set and Sunday is a good opportunity.

stevedb55
19-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Assuming we're paying no notice to the 'soft' request, I wonder if there is a chance for a player to slide full pelt in to Jose when pretending to be out of control running towards him/the touch line...

Jimmy Mac?? He's good at that.

Joooe
19-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Does anyone actually think if this was being played on Saturday that he'd be whinging any less? He'd just be complaining about 'only' 4 days rest instead of 3.

Please, please, please let us beat them.

And then let them lose to Ajax too.

Lombardo's hair
19-05-2017, 01:31 PM
All this go soft stuff is nonsense. If he is sending out a reserve side or u23's what does it matter if we go in hard. The players he wants for Wednesday won't be playing....or am I missing something? Is he worried about destroying the youths confidence? If so why.....He never plays them

Sir.S.C Remembered
19-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Does anyone actually think if this was being played on Saturday that he'd be whinging any less? He'd just be complaining about 'only' 4 days rest instead of 3.

Please, please, please let us beat them.

And then let them lose to Ajax too.

Indeed. Total joke and ego powerplay. As someone on Times podcast said, the only leveller in football is playing more games / managing a squad.

Sam would moan we had 1 day less fitness wise over the other sides and money to play for position wise if we played Saturday.

EagleSE24
19-05-2017, 01:37 PM
In fairness, compared to now - our first 11 wasn't great. Although we didn't think so then, but that's how far we've come.

34 Price
02 Clyne
05 McCarthy
06 Gardner
03 Wright
08 Dikgacoi
28 O'Keefe
16 Zaha

Substitutes

01 Speroni
38 Ramage
04 Parr
07 Ambrose
15 Jedinak
09 Iversen
17 Murray

Ambrose for Moxey was an inspired substitution. Straight out of left field.

Lombardo 888
19-05-2017, 03:20 PM
1. I'd rather play their first team. They are not all,that anyway and they will be tip toeing around trying not to get injured/booked/sent off etc as opposed to the reserves who have something to play for.

2. The Saturday/Sunday thing is irrellevant. We didn't know there was nothing on this game until last Sunday. Far too late to change the date.

WorthingEagle
19-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Got a feeling we'll lose whatever team they put out. We're being cast as the favourites, so we'll inevitably freeze.

dave_who_ru
19-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Whichever team they put out it will always be a tough fixture.

Undefeated from October to May is some going.

We have to be up for it and I hope Sam reminds them.

Payroll Legend
19-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Ambrose for Moxey was an inspired substitution. Straight out of left field.

Yeah, although I would imagine that meant Wright dropped to RB and Clyne over to LB.

So the effect is a more attacking midfield rather than a change in formation.

jobiinthelastmi
19-05-2017, 05:07 PM
They don't give two tosses when taking away what would have been our first FA cup last season.

Hope we beat them, god I hope we beat them.

Robson
19-05-2017, 05:37 PM

34 Price
02 Clyne
05 McCarthy
06 Gardner
03 Wright
08 Dikgacoi
28 O'Keefe
16 Zaha

Substitutes

01 Speroni
38 Ramage
04 Parr
07 Ambrose
15 Jedinak
09 Iversen
17 Murray

This backs my comment up. Speroni, Parr, Ambrose, Jedinak and Murray were all on the bench instead of starting.

I remember O'Keefe and Wright in particular stepping up and having great games for us.

ebyeeckeagle
19-05-2017, 05:49 PM
As per Jose's request to not pick Benteke we should oblige and leave Jonathan at home.

Plus we are resting Remi after his recent exertions.

Jim Cannon
19-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Plus we are resting Remi after his recent exertions.

No Fryers or Mutch either, you can't say fairer than that:D

Danny_Cheviot
19-05-2017, 06:39 PM
My heart bleeds for him.

bodger
19-05-2017, 07:55 PM
7/4 now

Heppolette
19-05-2017, 08:24 PM
This is a great opportunity for him to blood highly regarded youngsters in a competitive premier league game and gauge their progress as well as get match fitness into the fringe players for the final without being criticised.

Still he has to have his moan and play mind games. He's an utter wanker.

RUSSELL
19-05-2017, 08:25 PM
**** those wankers!!

100% Palace
19-05-2017, 08:36 PM
I hope Luka kicks the shit out of Pogba. And Wilf takes the piss out of their full backs. F**k them.

Penshaw Eagle
19-05-2017, 09:11 PM
On Sunday it will be exactly a year to the day that they beat us in the FA Cup final with a big helping hand from their best friend Mark Twattenburg.
I hope we go out there on Sunday and stuff them they have nothing to gain in the premier league this season but we could end up in 11th place if other results favour us. In the premier league your end of season final payment is worked out on where you finish so a 11th place could earn the club a extra £2m or £3m. This is all mind games by Jose so stuff Moan U it's all about the Palace

aj4england
19-05-2017, 09:43 PM
On Sunday it will be exactly a year to the day that they beat us in the FA Cup final with a big helping hand from their best friend Mark Twattenburg.
I hope we go out there on Sunday and stuff them they have nothing to gain in the premier league this season but we could end up in 11th place if other results favour us. In the premier league your end of season final payment is worked out on where you finish so a 11th place could earn the club a extra £2m or £3m. This is all mind games by Jose so stuff Moan U it's all about the Palace

Agreed its two or three million a place so could be more

greybot
19-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Can't wait for the game now. I really hope we smash them whatever team they put out!

mrgins
19-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Crush them like the cockroaches they are

The Vicar
19-05-2017, 11:07 PM
They don't give two tosses when taking away what would have been our first FA cup last season.

Hope we beat them, god I hope we beat them.

Or when they beat us in our only other FA Cup final. Let's stuff them!

Bungalow
20-05-2017, 08:24 AM
A load of youngsters keen to impress will be well motivated.
Possibly more than a team who has had pressure games for ages and now only have one more pressure free game before going on holiday.

Ralph
20-05-2017, 08:32 AM
How cyclical is life?!

Didn't we play United in the final game of the season when they won the Cup Winners Cup after beating us in the previous years cup final!?

Alfie's army
20-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Let's go there and stuff them I won't be happy if we go easy on them, the cup final is still raw with me, and I hate their plastic tourists fans!!! Stuff em palace

IanH
20-05-2017, 09:27 AM
How cyclical is life?!

Didn't we play United in the final game of the season when they won the Cup Winners Cup after beating us in the previous years cup final!?

And didn't we win 3-0? ;)

jaspercpfc
20-05-2017, 09:49 AM
And didn't we win 3-0? ;)

Salako scored a stunner in that game, more of the same from Wilf tomorrow please

Biggineagle
20-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Yep tell our players there will be an extra 30,000 in their trouser pockets if we win and go up to 11th. Worth it.

Stellavista
20-05-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm convinced Jose is just playing games and will put out a stronger team than expected.

Lombardo's hair
20-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm convinced Jose is just playing games and will put out a stronger team than expected.

I hope so because if we lost due to complacency it would be embarrassing. I hope we have some youth on bench and one at least starting. It will not be a walk over as some think. whatever the utd starting xi

Lombardo's hair
20-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Yep tell our players there will be an extra 30,000 in their trouser pockets if we win and go up to 11th. Worth it.

That is against fa rules. All bonuses and incentives need to be declared at start of season

Duffle Coat
20-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Game is on live on TV3 in Sweden:lux:

Kirby
20-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Can't believe bet365 have us as favourites.

I know we'll probably have a stronger overall 11 but the likes of Bailly, Pogba, Martial and the cheat are still expected to play. Hardly their youth team.

Shipsisourking
20-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Mancs at work are all convinced they will loose, so much so that only one of them is going to the game and that's because his kid hasn't made a match all season. Bit of a pisser really, I was gonna blag a lift off of one of them :)

mrgins
20-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Mourinho is such a wanker

NorthPalace23
20-05-2017, 04:22 PM

Boo hoo!

Why should we change the timing of the game to suit those wankers?! I'm sure with all the money they've spent they can cope and it's not like they didn't know the fixture list either.

If it's that much of a problem why don't they pick an 18 man squad with youngsters and Baily only?! Not a single player in contention to be in the Europa squad has to play. We can then thrash them and they can avoid tiredness and injury...everyone's happy :)

East-End Eagle
20-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Couldn't care less about man united having to play in 3 days. It's really not our problem. Them winning the europa league brings no benefit to is or any of the other football clubs in this country.

Jim Cannon
20-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Boo hoo!

Why should we change the timing of the game to suit those wankers?! I'm sure with all the money they've spent they can cope and it's not like they didn't know the fixture list either.

If it's that much of a problem why don't they pick an 18 man squad with youngsters and Baily only?! Not a single player in contention to be in the Europa squad has to play. We can then thrash them and they can avoid tiredness and injury...everyone's happy :)

I hope we can target that dirty bastard and give him a taste of his own medicine too:D

The Vicar
20-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Couldn't care less about man united having to play in 3 days. It's really not our problem.
Exactly. Did we ask for Burnley to go soft on us after 3 days rest following the Spurs match?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
21-05-2017, 12:12 AM
The last time I went soft on anything was when I was date raped by Vanessa Feltz

biggus mickus
21-05-2017, 07:34 AM

This.

spt1978
21-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Couple of wild challenges in the first 5 minutes please, send them into their shells.

NorthPalace23
21-05-2017, 11:02 AM
I want Palace to do everything possible to help Ajax.

I never route for 'our' teams abroad. **** them, I hope they all fail, it's not like we benefit from their success!

Shipp Ahoy!
21-05-2017, 11:06 AM

I don't see the point in games though?

It's not a big match, he's busy prepping for the final and a game vs Palace where they can't change position is hardly going to require a massive mind**** deception!

disco mixx kidd
21-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Mind games deffo

Kingstoneagle
21-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Reserve team wankers too good for us today....

maestro
21-05-2017, 06:26 PM
We did go soft on them

Let the kids play under no pressure at all

Should have got at them from the off

Kingstoneagle
21-05-2017, 06:28 PM
We did go soft on them

Let the kids play under no pressure at all

Should have got at them from the off

We were on the beach already .....

The Vicar
21-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Thank the Lord we did not need anything to be safe

Stavros 69
21-05-2017, 07:14 PM
He's such a prick.

mushroom
21-05-2017, 07:15 PM
He's such a prick.

Yep, so is Mourinho.

sky dancer
22-05-2017, 03:47 AM
If it was mind games it worked very well. We went there to try and win and quickly conceded two goals on the counter.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 08:58 AM
If it was mind games it worked very well. We went there to try and win and quickly conceded two goals on the counter.
Yep. I think we probably also went down a gear mentally when we saw their team sheet. Anyway, it's nice to be able to lose and play poorly without getting stressed about it. And other results were kind yesterday to leave us is in 14th.