PDA

View Full Version : Really?

Expat Eagle
23-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Right now I'm struggling to care about a millionaire manager arguing with millionaire owners about which millionaire players he wants to play a game of football next season, following the events in Manchester.

:veryangry

SeanPalace84
23-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Right now I'm struggling to care about a millionaire manager arguing with millionaire owners about which millionaire players he wants to play a game of football next season, following the events in Manchester.

:veryangry

Even without what happened last night I'm starting to become sick of it all to be honest

Langers
23-05-2017, 06:00 PM
I know what you mean but I welcome this as it has taken my mind off the tragic event in Manchester

Selhurst Celtic
23-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Are we talking about Freedman's hungry kids?

4 cryingOutloud
23-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Even without what happened last night I'm starting to become sick of it all to be honest

Call Samaritans right now. Palace need your support! :p

TWELLSEagle
23-05-2017, 06:36 PM
It was God awful what happened in Manchester but life goes on and I don't see any benefit in dwelling on it or denying yourself caring about more superficial things. You can't compare the two. Does football matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Does it matter to me and my sad little existence? Yes mate it does, and I'm not ashamed of that. And that doesn't mean I don't care about others, don't have empathy, sense of perspective. As someone said above, it's actually a nice distraction in some ways.

Stavros 69
23-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Are we talking about Freedman's hungry kids?

Get Steve Bruce's wife to give them some Harrods lettuce.

danpalace07
23-05-2017, 07:06 PM
It was God awful what happened in Manchester but life goes on and I don't see any benefit in dwelling on it or denying yourself caring about more superficial things. You can't compare the two. Does football matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Does it matter to me and my sad little existence? Yes mate it does, and I'm not ashamed of that. And that doesn't mean I don't care about others, don't have empathy, sense of perspective. As someone said above, it's actually a nice distraction in some ways.

kind of what I wanted to say but was struggling to write a post and stay completely sensitive to this awful atrocity

of course the vile killings and supporting the victims should and will be the priority for the country

gw_eagle97
23-05-2017, 07:35 PM

Well put

MFBias
23-05-2017, 11:04 PM

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
24-05-2017, 02:34 AM
The sad thing about our existence is that most of what we do and want is ultimately petty and futile. Almost all human activity fails to make up for the fact that we will one day die.

That's why I'm not ashamed to value little passions and hobbies, even at times like these. With all the terrible things going on and all the evil influences working to destroy any happiness or security we might feel, I think we all deserve to 'face the music and dance' as much as we can.

I suspect it's the silly little things that make life bearable for many of us and just because indoctrinated psychos wish to destroy innocence in Manchester, I'm not going to feel guilt for wishing the 'music' to continue. Enjoying our lives is the best revenge against these pathetically adhedonic and self -debasing examples of humanity, who want the rest of the world to be as empty and as mindlessly enslaved as they are by 'submission' to Allah.