24-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Coleman
Moyes
Hodgson

in-exile
24-05-2017, 09:30 PM
I will cry if it is Moyes or Hodgson

Nookie bear would do a better job!
http://everyrecordtellsastory.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/now-for-nookie-roger-de-courcey-and-nookie-the-bear-1980.jpg

foetus eagle
Iain Duncan Smith

Holmbury Eagle
None of these. Monk, Coleman, Hodgson, Moyes

averity
24-05-2017, 09:31 PM
And mclaren

Gathers54
24-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Moyes
Hodgson
Coleman or Any one else previously related to Palace
Not sure of Klinnsman

orpingtoneagle
24-05-2017, 09:32 PM
no one with a Palace past/link

Not Moyes, not Hogson

SEEPEEEFFSEE
24-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Moyes/Coleman/Hodgeson

west country boy
24-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Lauren Harries.

Martin H
24-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Wouldn't normally post on this type of thread but Pearson really scares the **** out of me and he wasn't on the list, so it was my duty........ mission accomplished:)

maestro
24-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Hodgson, he is nearly 70 and looks a bit senile
Ranieri - speaks little English and seems a bit of a clown

stannard
Anyone who has played or worked for Palace unless it is Lombardo working with Mancini.

henryhallandhisbasque
Freedman
Corbyn
Karl Marx and the rest of the Marx Brothers
Moyes
Moyes
Moyes
Mullery
Gross (of Bananas)
The Alan Pardew Twins
Katie Hopkins
Rin Tin Tin
Coleman
The Woy Hodgson, Why Am I Here, Hand-Wringing Nothing to do with Me, Guv, Ensemble on Pye Records and Tapes

grand aigle
24-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Not Moyes
Not Hodgson
Not anyone who used to play for Palace
Not Pearson
Definately not McLaren

west country boy
24-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Not Moyes
Not Hodgson
Not Pearson
Definately not McLarenDoes this mean you want all of the above to manage Palace?

Who Cares?
24-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Silva - failed to set a team up to defend properly and in particular persisted with zonal defending at set pieces when it patently doesn't work in the Premier league.

Stinger1
24-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Don't get the dislike for Hodgson. Not my first choice and whilst not good enough for Liverpool and England, he did great jobs at Fulham and West Brom.

Jim Cannon
24-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Don't get the dislike for Hodgon. Not my first choice but Premier League winner and whilst not good enough for Liverpool and England, he did great jobs at Fulham and West Brom.

When did Hodgson ever win the Premier League. I missed that one

Pete79
24-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Pardew, Coleman, Hodgson, Pulis (he's a ****) the guy from Watford (this seasons guy from Watford), anyone who has played for Man Utd, Pardew, Moyes, anyone who has managed internationally, Ranieri, Sherwood, Pardew, anyone older than 50. Swansea's last three managers.

That should narrow it down.

Stinger1
24-05-2017, 09:57 PM
When did Hodgson ever win the Premier League. I missed that one

Lol thought he won with Blackburn for some reason but that was Dalgliesh, think I'll be editing..

maestro
24-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Silva - failed to set a team up to defend properly and in particular persisted with zonal defending at set pieces when it patently doesn't work in the Premier league.

I dont think our defenders will take to that at all

Happy Arthur
24-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Hodgson, he is nearly 70 and looks a bit senile
Ranieri - speaks little English and seems a bit of a clown
Ditto.

Nice summary :)

Asagaya_Eagle
24-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Don't get the dislike for Hodgson. Not my first choice and whilst not good enough for Liverpool and England, he did great jobs at Fulham and West Brom.

Don't dislike Hodgson at all, just don't want him as our manager. Poor manager in my book.

Lombardo 888
24-05-2017, 10:10 PM

He'd drop Wilf, play ward at centre forward and have Benteke taking corners.

Son of Selhurst
24-05-2017, 10:18 PM

Fluked Swiss to a finals. Managed mediocre teams to mediocrity. Embarrassed a world class team in front of the world.

Timbo
24-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Hodgson's face is far too loose. Its barely attached to the front of his head

Oli28
24-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Managed mediocre teams to mediocrity
That'd be a step in the right direction at least

Palace Bear
24-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Sneaky edit there

RisZero
24-05-2017, 10:27 PM
McClaren
Coleman
Moyes
Hodgson
Jol

Maybe even Silva if im being honest

cpfc4evandeva
24-05-2017, 11:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnXZt_BCUAAE7fx.jpg

Dorking .Eagle
25-05-2017, 05:13 AM
Alan Mullery
Woy Hodgson
Chris Coleman

Gazza2
25-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Coleman
Holloway
Grant

Danny boy
25-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Coleman
Moyes
Hodgson

This and Ranieri

cpfc4evandeva
25-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Coleman
Holloway
Grant

Are you more of a Phil man?

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/app/uploads/2015/10/grant1.jpg

Ninjas Headband
25-05-2017, 05:30 AM
And mclaren

Or Mercedes

Kai
25-05-2017, 06:08 AM
All the failed managers like Moyes, Coleman, Hodgson, Pearson etc should be keep well away

Ralph
25-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Palace being Palace means:

1. It will definitely be one of the names on this thread.

2. They'll be a massive success.

Conversely you could post the opposite on the "who you do want thread".

CPFC85
25-05-2017, 06:47 AM
Coleman
Hodgson
Silva
Ranieri

Kevlon
25-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Fluked Swiss to a finals. Managed mediocre teams to mediocrity. Embarrassed a world class team in front of the world.

Who is this world class team you speak of??

ExiledStirling
25-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Funny, but from an emotional distance, I jumped on the bandwagon praising him for the work he was doing at Hull.

Then Allardyce resigns, and you look more critically at him for about 5 secs and think please no, not my club.

Cleon
25-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Coleman

New LP
25-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Someone who is an ex player, 'one of our own', bleeds red and blue, is more 'Palace' than other candidates.

New LP
25-05-2017, 07:02 AM
He'd drop Wilf, play ward at centre forward and have Benteke taking corners.

But jokes apart he won't will he?

Phil's Barber
Palace being Palace means:

1. It will definitely be one of the names on this thread.

2. They'll be a massive success.

Conversely you could post the opposite on the "who you do want thread".

3. They'll leave after six months.

Along with all the obvious no's, please not Silva.

dilem
Coleman
Moyes
Hodgson

Yep

SJ'sLoveMonkey
Hodgson
Coleman
Moyes
Megson
McLaren

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Does this mean you want all of the above to manage Palace?

Not Alan Knott

Lee sinnots ear
25-05-2017, 07:20 AM
In order

SHhteeeve
Woy
Coleman
Moyes

Hector
25-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Crikey this could ba long list but I'll keep it brief

Coleman
Ranieri
McClaren
Hodgson

eagleheath
25-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Coleman is a big no as are Moyes Hodgson and Pearson.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Hodgson
Coleman
Moyes
Megson
McLaren

It's our destiny

richardbarlow
25-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Moyes
McLaren
Hodgson
Coleman

I wouldn't mind Silva, Mancini or Wagner.

Scrumpy
25-05-2017, 07:37 AM
From everyone that is available for betting, I wouldn't want:

Marco Silva
Claudio Ranieri
Roy Hodgson
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Chris Coleman
Laurent Blanc
Tony Pulis
Aitor Karanka
Nigel Pearson
Ryan Giggs
Derek Mcinnes
Garry Monk
Simon Grayson
Alex Neil
Gus Poyet
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Martin ONeill
Tony Popovic
Alan Stubbs
Alex McLeish
Billy Davies
Chris Powell
Chris Wilder
David Moyes
Keith Millen
Leonid Slutsky
Martin Jol
Michael Appleton
Mike Phelan
Neil Warnock
Nigel Clough
Paul Tisdale
Roberto Martinez
Steven Pressley
Stuart Pearce
Dave Jones
Nigel Adkins
Owen Coyle
Steve Cotterill
Gary Neville
Sam Allardyce
Alan Pardew
Paul Ince
Uwe Rosler
Dougie Freedman
Frank de Boer
Glenn Hoddle
Gianfranco Zola
Mike Newell
Paul Heckingbottom
Steve Clarke
Sergei Rebrov
Steve McClaren
Tim Sherwood
Bob Bradley
Danny Cowley
Frank Lampard
Roberto Di Matteo
Peter Reid
Craig Shakespeare
Alan Curbishley

:D:D

Palacebear
25-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Not Moyes
Not Hodgson
Not Pearson
Definately not McLaren

I'll second this!

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Scrumpy's not ruling out Mullery, Karl Robinson, or Ron (he's not gone away) Noades

prizesucker
25-05-2017, 07:43 AM
There is a lot of dross on that list Scrumpy.....it is frightening that some clubs have employed some of those!

Mr Palace
25-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Coleman
Moyes
Hodgson
McClaren
Pearson

Scrumpy
25-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Scrumpy's not ruling out Mullery, Karl Robinson, or Ron (he's not gone away) Noades

I think what I am basically saying is I wouldn't mind Brendan Rogers!

Nigelbrag
25-05-2017, 08:30 AM
I understand some have their own views on who should be manager, but what they have to bear in mind this is CPFC so our choice would always be restricted as to who we could attract.
It staggers me when i read Claudio Ranieri being dismissed as a candidate, is this not the guy that has won League titles all around Europe inc at Two English clubs, One of them being the most unexpected club you could imagine pulling it off, so you can't be a duff manager with those achievements.
What Palace need at this time after years of change and turmoil is to bring in somebody that can unite the team and has a personality and integrity that Players, Fans and also the Media respect, we know his track record will stand up to the best we could attract, so what is there Not to like.
Talk of wanting Mancini with Lombardo and i am a huge fan of Both, but how realistic is it? joining a club that are perennial strugglers, with an antiquated stadium with a capacity of a meagre 25k which restricts the spending power, is not exactly a great advert in attracting high level candidates.
For me Ranieri offers everything Palace need when looking for in a manager and he is available right now, it is crucial that we appoint one quickly to assure the players as to who will be in charge, also it will allow the new man to make his plans and Quickly for the new season.
We make the mistake when signing players by dragging our heels, don't do the same in appointing a manager.

Spender
25-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Coleman, Hodgson , Pardew

jj62255
25-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Coleman
Hodgson
Moyes
McClaren

Not keen on Ranieri either. Worried he would be a disaster here

Lombardo 888
25-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Coleman
Hodgson
Moyes
McClaren

Me too for this lot. Disastrous.

jimmy the gent
25-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Coleman
Hodgson
Moyes
McClaren

Be very surprised if any of these are even short listed. Parish can't be that stupid.

Jules
25-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Mostly we don't want managers who've been around a while, because they've all failed at least once, and that taints them. So we do want younger managers, because they haven't failed yet.

Trouble is, the vast majority of managers do fail at some time; all the more so when they take on a club like ours, which isn't guaranteed to succeed every year. So these young, untarnished names will get tarnished before too long. They will grow up to become the Hodgsons, Colemans and McClarens of the future.

Obviously, we all hope we attract the one who never fails - but they're a rare breed (Ferguson, not sure who else? Even Brian Clough got relegated at the end of his career). And if they are that good, they'll go on to bigger and better things elsewhere.

Basically, we're doomed, and might as well just pick Chris Coleman and get it over with :(

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-05-2017, 09:25 AM
It's funny to me how we can now attract a far higher calibre of manager than arguably ever before and yet many of the posters on here are calling nearly all the candidates mentioned 'rubbish' and saying we don't want any of them.

There is never any guarantee of success but we are now being linked to people who have won top flight domestic leagues in Europe and other trophies. A fee years ago a number of us were really hoping to get Keith Hill from Rochdale (?) or excited by the idea of a young league 2 manager (Robinson). Now a recent Premiere League winner is being written off by some!

Jordan555x
25-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Maybe I have not watched Hull enough this season but why does Marco Silva get so much praise? Porto also in for him!!

simplex
25-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Porto also in for him!!

Its like booking .com... "11 people now looking at this hotel"

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Be very surprised if any of these are even short listed. Parish can't be that stupid.
I don't see why Hodgson wouldn't be considered. Still has a very good club record, bar Liverpool maybe. He wouldn't be my first choice but surprised so many people write him off so easily.

johnnytemper
25-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Maybe I have not watched Hull enough this season but why does Marco Silva get so much praise? Porto also in for him!!

He did make a big impact at Hull, who were on a terrible run (something like one win in eighteen) when he arrived, and he turned that round immediately - then sustained that new manager bounce with some good wins over likes of Liverpool and West Ham amongst others, while being forced to sell their best player in Snodgrass and recruited well. He does have an excellent record abroad (won seventeen games in a row while in Greece while winning the title) and is good friends with Mourinho (which never harms someone's profile, whether it actually means anything or not).

I wouldn't be unhappy with him being appointed (the Porto link is based on his record, had one good season in Portugal with Sporting already) though there are a couple of concerns. He couldn't make a dent on Hull's terrible away record even when they we fit and flying, used zonal marking which never seems to work in the Premier League (though I'd have thought a few training sessions trying to implement that while Benteke rips it apart would probably cure that) and he did look prematurely defeated at Selhurst the other week, know circumstances were against them by that stage, but hope he's got a little more grit than he showed then if he does come in.

Wandle_Eagle
25-05-2017, 10:07 AM
I understand some have their own views on who should be manager, but what they have to bear in mind this is CPFC so our choice would always be restricted as to who we could attract.
It staggers me when i read Claudio Ranieri being dismissed as a candidate, is this not the guy that has won League titles all around Europe inc at Two English clubs, One of them being the most unexpected club you could imagine pulling it off, so you can't be a duff manager with those achievements.
What Palace need at this time after years of change and turmoil is to bring in somebody that can unite the team and has a personality and integrity that Players, Fans and also the Media respect, we know his track record will stand up to the best we could attract, so what is there Not to like.
Talk of wanting Mancini with Lombardo and i am a huge fan of Both, but how realistic is it? joining a club that are perennial strugglers, with an antiquated stadium with a capacity of a meagre 25k which restricts the spending power, is not exactly a great advert in attracting high level candidates.
For me Ranieri offers everything Palace need when looking for in a manager and he is available right now, it is crucial that we appoint one quickly to assure the players as to who will be in charge, also it will allow the new man to make his plans and Quickly for the new season.
We make the mistake when signing players by dragging our heels, don't do the same in appointing a manager.

He's only won the league with Leicester but you're right we shouldn't be dismissing him; however we should really looking at younger candidates now. Ranieri is older than Allardyce and might not be that far off retiring himself, do we really want to be searching for another manager this time next year if he feels he wants to go back to Italy to enjoy life?

kark
25-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Aside from the obvious bargain bin/ rejects/ over the hill candidates: Coleman, Hodgson, Moyes, Sherwood, etc.

Not Silva.

He isn't the right fit for what we need IMHO - just my gut feeling.

It's no coincidence that our best managers in recent times have been Pulis and Allardyce - top-drawer defensive organisers. The prospective candidate must have this quality at least.

Crofty
25-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Pol Pot
Attilla (the Hun) not the stockbroker *Brighton scum*
Theresa May
Mother Theresa
Margaret Thatcher
Rudolph Nuryev
Rudolph Hess

Thefunkymonk
25-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Coleman ruled himself out! Thank ****

orp pisshead1
25-05-2017, 10:42 AM

What world class team?.

Pinkie Brown
25-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Coleman ruled himself out! Thank ****
:lux:

Thefunkymonk
25-05-2017, 02:21 PM
GARY MONK

CharlieCPFC
25-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Amongst the reported or shorter odds on the bookmakers I don't want Monk, Hodgson, Coleman, or Ranieri.

Dave McGregor
25-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Silva out to 6/4 Monk now 2/1 - please no!

KentEagle1
25-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Not Monk, please!

rbarmy
25-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Amongst the reported or shorter odds on the bookmakers I don't want Monk, Hodgson, Coleman, or Ranieri.

Much the same for me

Lewarse
25-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Definitely don't want Monk. Hasn't done anything to warrant a Premier League job.

Chas
25-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Anyone on the BBS

Chas
25-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Any fookin foreigners, amirite?

liberal clubber
25-05-2017, 02:50 PM
steve kember- he knows the palace way

aj4england
25-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately the amount of 'good' managers at the moment next to none. Could be the case of the best of a bad bunch

Dr Mags
25-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Any fookin foreigners, amirite?

Yes, look what they have done for the top four!

cpfc4evandeva
25-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Anyone on the BBS

I'm guessing you'd make an exception for Glaziers Fan?

Nigelbrag
25-05-2017, 04:26 PM
He's only won the league with Leicester but you're right we shouldn't be dismissing him; however we should really looking at younger candidates now. Ranieri is older than Allardyce and might not be that far off retiring himself, do we really want to be searching for another manager this time next year if he feels he wants to go back to Italy to enjoy life?

Did he not win the title with Chelsea? or was that the Champions league. As for age he is younger than Ferguson was whilst winning titles, also Arsene Wenger who's not done a bad job at Arsenal, but does age really matter when what we need now is a manager who can bring calmness after years of continuous change and turmoil.
Also he gets the respect of most players, fans and also the media and has a pretty good CV to throw in, for me there aren't many better we can attract.
As for walking away after a year, he has never done that before from memory, lets employ the best that we can attract for now and face the hypothetical question as an when if it happens, as none of can see into the future.

MFBias
25-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Did he not win the title with Chelsea? or was that the Champions league.

He won nothing at Chelsea in 4 years. Took me 10 seconds to check after my presumption that he hadn't.

Lombardo's hair
25-05-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm guessing you'd make an exception for Glaziers Fan?

But they just throw money around like confetti. Would only be impressed if they took over west rom us or that type of ub and challenged consistent lu for CL placeand cups. Guardiola struggled as he was on a fairly level playing field with more than one other team

Lombardo's hair
25-05-2017, 05:54 PM
I want sam back. Can't believe I said that considering I didn't like him 6 month ago. He seemed eared up to taking us up a level.

mikeywm3
25-05-2017, 05:58 PM
David Ornstein‏Verified account @bbcsport_david 3m3 minutes ago
Gary Monk exit from Leeds is unconnected to Crystal Palace's search for a new manager but he is on their long list of candidates #LUFC #CPFC

dmf73
25-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Don't want

Monk
Coleman
Ranieri
Karanka

Scarface
25-05-2017, 06:52 PM

agree

WLYWLYAWYPWF
25-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Brian Horton

JAS78
25-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Brian Little

chrisophiex
25-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Brian Blessed

WLYWLYAWYPWF
25-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Brian Dowling

JAS78
25-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Dangerous Brian

RazorsEdge
25-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Jesus Christ

iwozjacko
25-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Brian the snail

cpfcfan1
25-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Shouty woman

ElwissAtMemphis
25-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Surely David Moyes isn't a realistic possibility. Is he?!

I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that Ranieri would end in disaster so he's the serious candidate being mooted that I'd want the least.

Se9 eagles
25-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Alan mullery:jerkit:!

Stockport_Eagle
25-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Surely David Moyes isn't a realistic possibility. Is he?!

I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that Ranieri would end in disaster so he's the serious candidate being mooted that I'd want the least.
Agree on Ranieri...Moyes is northern so unlikely to come south but I have this nagging feeling that he can't be THAT bad...ex Everton & Man Utd and granted Sam saved Sunderland but Moyes job was different, and with a squad all a year older.

Se9 eagles
25-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Ernie walley?

4 cryingOutloud
25-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Agree on Ranieri...Moyes is northern so unlikely to come south but I have this nagging feeling that he can't be THAT bad...ex Everton & Man Utd and granted Sam saved Sunderland but Moyes job was different, and with a squad all a year older.

If you bring Moyes in you'll push Wilf out for sure.

4 cryingOutloud
25-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Nop, he's Scottish. Born in Bearsden, Dumbartonshire, April 25, 1963 (age 54),

airaos
25-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Eric Morecambe
Not a great start to next season looking for a Manager

ElwissAtMemphis
25-05-2017, 08:14 PM
If he was prepared to go to Real Sociedad, I don't think Palace would be too far south. But seriously, no way is he going to walk into another Premiership job after last season at Sunderland. I doubt whether he'd even be considered; no way would he get appointed.

Stockport_Eagle
25-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Fair point re Wilf and Scotland is very north of Selhurst, as is Preston, Everton, Man Utd & Sunderland (albeit with a short sunshine break in between).

Tim
25-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Moyes is done at the top level like Pardew. They won't manage in the Premier league again unless they get a Championship job & take them up..

Really do not want Coleman. I just worry that SP will try & get cute by appointing him because he's ex Palace. It's worked for him in the past but this time would be different. The fans had a natural affinity for Doug & Pardew (at first anyway) but won't feel the same for Coleman.

Glɑzier
25-05-2017, 08:55 PM
In addition to the obvious
Juande Ramos
Joe Kinnear

orp pisshead1
25-05-2017, 09:07 PM
I will cry if it is Moyes or Hodgson

Won't be Moyes we've got Zaha :)

curly c.p.f.c
25-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Marco Silva

code
25-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Brian Cox he is a ****

DARZET EAGLE
25-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Marco Silva

Any reasons?

Lombardo 888
25-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Marco Silva

You might be disappointed

4 cryingOutloud
25-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Brian Cox he is a ****

We need a five star manager, not another four star dick.:eek::D

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-05-2017, 11:09 PM
It's with great sadness that I think I have to relinquish any hope of Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen having a final crack at the big time

Stellavista
25-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Laura Kuennsberg

west country boy
25-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Seumas Milne.

MJ_Palace
25-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Word around town is Silva is our new manager.

Stellavista
26-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Christopher Biggins

xmasape
26-05-2017, 12:54 AM
Hitler.

west country boy
26-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Hitler.If you mean the Brighton fan on here, I agree.

xmasape
26-05-2017, 12:57 AM
If you mean the Brighton fan on here, I agree.
Him too.

cybais
26-05-2017, 02:24 AM
Coleman.

Kai
26-05-2017, 05:39 AM
Jesus Christ

WOT?? He'd work miracles with our squad!

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 06:02 AM
WOT?? He'd work miracles with our squad!

Ian Wright as his assistant?

Jolly Norwegian
26-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Not McClaren. First and foremost because eventually there will be lots of negative posts wanting McLaren out. Oh and secondly, we'd be relegated.

Lombardo 888
26-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Laura Kuennsberg

She would play all 11 on the left wing.

DocSavage
26-05-2017, 07:41 AM
well that's a big ask but top of the list is

Malcolm George "Malky" Mackay

Billy Rhino
26-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Anyone on the BBS

But the BBS could collectively run the team via a series of poll threads to pick the team, training schedules and transfers, then of course a 'motivational' thread that the players would read to get them up for the game.

It's the future.

PhuketEagle
26-05-2017, 12:24 PM
David Cameron

WLYWLYAWYPWF
26-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Shaun Williamson

Ninjas Headband
26-05-2017, 12:54 PM
But the BBS could collectively run the team via a series of poll threads to pick the team, training schedules and transfers, then of course a 'motivational' thread that the players would read to get them up for the game.

It's the future.

Would be more schizophrenic than Mouriniho as manager.

Jordan's Jacket
26-05-2017, 01:01 PM
I just want Dyche. No-one else will do

JamTheEagle
26-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Garry Monk.

Palace Bear
26-05-2017, 01:13 PM
It's all about how it fits in with the red and blue army chant.

For example...

Sean Dyche's Red n Blue army does not scan well. Not enough syllables.

Marco Silva's Red n blue army on the the other hand works beautifully.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 01:18 PM
It's all about how it fits in with the red and blue army chant.

For example...

Sean Dyche's Red n Blue army does not scan well. Not enough syllables.

Marco Silva's Red n blue army on the the other hand works beautifully.

The tried and tested formula when a manager's name is short if a syllable is to add one - Hence Steve becomes Stevie. This doesn't work with the name Sean though. The alternative accepted method is to instead leave a pause:

stev-e-Coppell's red n blue army
Sean - brief pause - Dyche's red n blue army.

So, doable, but might be the deciding factor if it comes down to a decision between the two by the board

Halfwayline
26-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Laura Kuennsberg

Well she would be good at conducting post match interviews with the players "Well Wayne, you specially stated that you would command the 6 yard box and not stay on the line when a cross comes in, this did not happen today, this is a breach of your pre match agreement. What do you have to say to your supporters?"

Nostrils
26-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Coleman, Monk or Mazzarri.

Penstone Eagle
26-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Silva.

MAX
26-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Penstone Eagle

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 03:29 PM
I think Gus Poyet and Paolo di Canio could both be problematic appointments

cpfcfan1
26-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Wed Woy

Raggy
26-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Anyone who's name isn't Steve Coppell.

ElwissAtMemphis
26-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Hitler.

He might be able to introduce some innovative South American tactics.

GBG_Eagle
26-05-2017, 03:55 PM
There's just one name that I wouldn't be able to stand as Palace manager, and that's Harry Redknapp. If that was to happen, then I myself would resign - as Palace fan. For that period at least.

silverymoon
26-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Would not accept Alan Mullery

Se9 eagles
26-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Venables

costello
26-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Bryan Robson

Billy Rhino
26-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Dario Gradi

Herb
26-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Marco Silva

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Katie Hopkins

jonn63
26-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Chris I love cardiff and wales coleman

ebyeeckeagle
26-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Dario Gradi

Is that as first team manager or working with the youth team?

wedgetail
26-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Monk under no circumstances.

Thefunkymonk
26-05-2017, 05:18 PM
GARRY MONK

What?
26-05-2017, 05:19 PM
MONK

thereichstuff
26-05-2017, 05:22 PM
HARRY .

cpfcfan1
26-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Garry glitter

jamieb73
26-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Monk...parish wakey wakey plse

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Jack Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men.'

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Bono.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Judith Chalmers.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Peter Molyneux.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Polly Toynbee.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Terry Waite.

Nostrils
26-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Gary Monk.
The poor bastard out of the Metallica song 'One'.
Timmy Mallet.

Least favourite at the top.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Andi Peters.

Nostrils
26-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Gaz Top.

glaziers fan
Don't want Monk. Anyone else would be acceptable. If Parish is racist, then Hodgson would be my choice, assuming we can't get Dyche.

SE5eagle
Barry Scott.

SE5eagle
26-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Henry Winkler.

Nostrils
26-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Henry Winkler.
He'd be brilliant, but maybe too nice.

Jemima.

TouchyAndalou
26-05-2017, 07:57 PM
In order of "oh please God, NO NOOOO!":

1) Nigel Pearson
2) Garry Monk
3) Roy Hodgson

In fact, they're all pretty much interchangeable in first place.

I will not accept any of these managers, Steve Parish.

Daubers2326
26-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Not bloody Monk!!!!

Worksop Palace
26-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Monk is a superb manager

No I know he's not I'm just readying myself for the inevitable

Thefunkymonk
26-05-2017, 10:22 PM
GARRY MONK

I'm going to keep saying it in hope that it will make a difference.. it won't..

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Always been a big fan of his music, but Morrissey would be a bad choice

Herb
26-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Donald Trump.

Lombardo 888
26-05-2017, 10:58 PM
In order of "oh please God, NO NOOOO!":

1) Nigel Pearson
2) Garry Monk
3) Roy Hodgson

In fact, they're all pretty much interchangeable in first place.

I will not accept any of these managers, Steve Parish.

Agreed. Pearson is a 100% absolute total nailed on twat. I absolutely cannot imagine a worse appointment including Hodgson who it is difficult to imagine that someone worse exists.

As for Harry Monk, he is a moody self centred egotist but I would have him all day over those two. Speaking if nailed on twats, you missed McLaren.

Kai
27-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Monk would be catastophic

maestro
27-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Gary Monk

Tippy Tappy football

I remember when he was at Swansea, they lost most weeks and all he said was "we controlled the game"

Would be a terrible fit and will never happen imo

CPFC 1949
27-05-2017, 07:19 AM
Defensively, Monk's men were picked apart. At the other end of the pitch, it's been little more encouraging. Swansea have failed to find the net in seven of the last 11 games and are barely shooting, let alone scoring. No Premier League team has had fewer shots on target since September.

Yogya
27-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Don't want Monk. Anyone else would be acceptable. If Parish is racist, then Hodgson would be my choice, assuming we can't get Dyche.

Surely applying that Logic you could say most of the other clubs are racist as they never appoint English Manager?

glaziers fan
27-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Surely applying that Logic you could say most of the other clubs are racist as they never appoint English Manager?

Probably :D

It just seems weird that we always go for British managers. Maybe Steve Parish is a paid-up member of UKIP, and wants to only employ British managers in his lifetime? I think it's great he is giving so many British managers a chance, and welcome that. I just find it odd that we don't even want to even interview Silva.

Martin H
27-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Probably :D

It just seems weird that we always go for British managers. Maybe Steve Parish is a paid-up member of UKIP, and wants to only employ British managers in his lifetime? I think it's great he is giving so many British managers a chance, and welcome that. I just find it odd that we don't even want to even interview Silva.

FFS - et tu Glaziers Fan?

We have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. What we do know is that

- the club was geared up to act on an agreed list of transfer targets following the SA meeting
- Allardyce resigned on Tuesday which was completely out of the blue for SP
- SP completed the contract negotiations for Wilf on Thursday evening in Spain
- re Silva, only resigned on Wednesday in France and it is strongly rumoured he has been talking to Porto.

Watford will have known for some time that they would need a new Manager and will have had a list of potential targets for ages and 'if' they have already met with Silva then I suspect that agent dialogue had already been under way beforehand.

We don't need everyone on SP's back with more weird accusations do we?

Mr Palace
27-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Monk is the main one I don't want.

Hodgson would be on a par - I'd slit my wrists watching us under his dull football and monotone voice.

firesign
27-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Alex McLeish

jimmy the gent
27-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Jemima Goldsmith. Not got what it takes to kick the club on IMHO.

Uswortheagle
27-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Moyes and Woy - backward step

V.Meldrew
27-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Wilf would not have signed if it was Moyes

bigend1
27-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Of the linked I'm genuinely not interested in moyes the most. No ******* way

Not monk really either. As others have said, possession, passing and weak defensively... sounds like pardew again and not suited to our players and too big a change overnight. Also completely bottled the run in to the playoffs

bigend1
27-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Jeremy corbyn wouldn't be great. When asked about how he'd stop the silly defeats we had so often last season he said:

"Well I think we need a fundamental change in our approach, especially away from home. The reason those teams beat us is we went there to win. We tried to beat them so they fought back and won. I'd drop our offensive players and we'd keep the ball in our half. If that didn't work we could give them the ball and then have a cup of tea"

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
27-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Anyone who has managed us before apart from Sir Stevie.

beef
27-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Warnock
Monk
Hodgson
Coleman
Pardew
Karanka
Redknapp
Bruce
Martin O'Neill
Bryan Robson
Moyes
Ranieri
The Neville brothers
Schteve

Thefunkymonk
27-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Warnock
Monk
Hodgson
Coleman
Pardew
Karanka
Redknapp
Bruce
Martin O'Neill
Bryan Robson
Moyes
Ranieri
The Neville brothers
Schteve

covers most

nicknackpalace
27-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Nigel Farage - "I love your Ultras, I'll be down the pub in a blokeish kind of way with them every saturday after the game. i love the fact that the blackshirt movement resonates with the youth of today. I'm going to get parish to start scouting for local white kids who are under-represented in our academy"

Wycombe Eagle#2
27-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Eldest just come back from town and said dad is Ian Dowie our new manager. After I finished mopping up the tea I spat out I said no where did you hear that and he said someone told him

He was in his Palace training shorts so hopefully someone spotted this and was on a windup

Dorking .Eagle
27-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Ryan Giggs

glaziers fan
27-05-2017, 04:52 PM
NOT MONK

glaziers fan
27-05-2017, 04:58 PM
If Mourinho and Wenger were available he'd go for Warnock.

elgrande
27-05-2017, 05:14 PM

You are a complete tool....have you actually listened to yourself.....FFS.

spt1978
27-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Slimbloke'H'
27-05-2017, 06:15 PM
<Deleted>

You need to be very, very careful with what you post gf.

jaspercpfc
27-05-2017, 06:16 PM

ban him, the post definitely warrants it (I thought redpen would make an appearance)

sideburns7
27-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Sean dyche

Kosowski
27-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Ban him, always been an attention seeking tool.

jaspercpfc
27-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Ban him, always been an attention seeking tool.

to call our owner a racist is something else

NickinOx
27-05-2017, 06:48 PM

To respond to posts which have now been deleted: Parish interviewed Karanka, and in the recent Times piece confirmed Silva and Schmidt were on the current shortlist.

Ergo, you are full of shit when you claim he would not consider a foreign manager.

:jerkit:

Wolfnipplechips
27-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Nah. Don't ban him.

Send him on a "being an attention seeking twat" rehabilitation residential course in Milton Keynes.

Stellavista
27-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Phil Collins

CPFC.1990
27-05-2017, 08:42 PM

Sorry think you have an unenviable job here but you simply cannot let this guy post here again.

If you allow him to stay after writing something like that then there is simply no point in having rules.

If Steve Parish saw what was written then I would expect him to be extremely upset at this forum, especially as you allow the said poster to still post.

A warning isn't good enough.

fang
27-05-2017, 09:09 PM
If you allow him to stay after writing something like that then there is simply no point in having rules.

Ok. I got here late but give us a clue.

If traditional means are deemed inappropriate, expalnations via Aldis lamp or Noh theatre will do.

EagleSE24
27-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Don't want Monk or Mancini.

mcmean
27-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Just says deleted. What was it?

jaspercpfc
28-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Just says deleted. What was it?

in a nutshell stated Parish was a racist (didn't imply it, clearly said he was racist) as Parish only liked English managers and was reluctant to look on the continent. Not only was it ignorant but it showed a complete lack of respect and also defamation.

As CPFC1990 said by not banning him what sort of message does this send out?

spt1978
28-05-2017, 05:48 AM
He has be suggesting it for days aswell.

TWELLSEagle
28-05-2017, 05:52 AM
I think the minimum requirement is a full retraction and apology from GF surely? I'm surprised at him really, what a load of libellous nonsense. Extremely insulting.

spt1978
28-05-2017, 05:54 AM
I think the minimum requirement is a full retraction and apology from GF surely? I'm surprised at him really, what a load of libellous nonsense. Extremely insulting.

He was doing his usual of behaving like a child when he does not get what he wants.

Spender
28-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Not Monk

willcpfc
28-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Roy Hodgson - please no.

Anyone who tells Harry Kane to take corner kicks is almost certainly slightly deranged.

The man also managed to get humiliated by Iceland.

Se9 eagles
28-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Nigel Farage - "I love your Ultras, I'll be down the pub in a blokeish kind of way with them every saturday after the game. i love the fact that the blackshirt movement resonates with the youth of today. I'm going to get parish to start scouting for local white kids who are under-represented in our academy"

Yawn!This is a Palace site.Please put your unfunny bitterness elsewhere:jerkit:.

Worksop Palace
28-05-2017, 07:17 AM
No to Hodgson

Maybe give GF a go....

Maybe not

CharlieCPFC
28-05-2017, 07:41 AM
in a nutshell stated Parish was a racist (didn't imply it, clearly said he was racist) as Parish only liked English managers and was reluctant to look on the continent. Not only was it ignorant but it showed a complete lack of respect and also defamation.

Just when i thought his posts were getting better. Not sure I've ever come across as much bollocks as that ever!

You could easily explain why Parish has done what he has in terms of his manager selection and the progression we've made under his ownership but he doesn't warrant it.

Thefunkymonk
28-05-2017, 05:12 PM
GARRY MONK!!!!!

Herb
28-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Garry Alan Monk

Coastal Palace
28-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I've got my own ideas who should be our next boss but whoever it is I can count myself lucky that there will never be a mistake made like there was with Mullery.
Gradi or Whalley...neither of these morons could ever compare to the out and out miserableness or shitness of Mullery.

Bring it on...

Wolfnipplechips
28-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Anybody but Monk.

I'd rather have Theresa May.

Kylie_Tracey
28-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Anybody but Monk.

I'd rather have Theresa May.

Sherwood?

Wolfnipplechips
28-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Sherwood?

Cher would.

I wouldn't.

TAK
28-05-2017, 06:08 PM

He's been warned and is on very thin ice.

Excowboy
28-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Harold Shipman
Katy Perry
Snarf from Thundercats
Jeremy Hunt
The second largest elephant in Disney's 'The Jungle Book'
Chris Coleman
A nematode worm
Garry Monk

orp pisshead1
28-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Jeremy corbyn wouldn't be great. When asked about how he'd stop the silly defeats we had so often last season he said:

"Well I think we need a fundamental change in our approach, especially away from home. The reason those teams beat us is we went there to win. We tried to beat them so they fought back and won. I'd drop our offensive players and we'd keep the ball in our half. If that didn't work we could give them the ball and then have a cup of tea"

Surely he would just say 'we surrendered everything '

orp pisshead1
28-05-2017, 06:27 PM
I reckon Parish will teach GF a lesson and sell Zaha for a tuppence to Spurs! That'll learn him:supergrin:

orp pisshead1
28-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah and ban GF.

dilem
28-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Dyche monk hodgson

exiledeagle
28-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Monk Hodgson Coleman

Dunkie
28-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Monk, Monk and Monk

Lewarse
28-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Monk.

Thefunkymonk
28-05-2017, 09:52 PM
This list isn't inspiring.. which is odd considering our squad and potential tbh

The Ones I really don't want and I'd imagine most would agree would be

Monk
Coleman
Hodgson

Even dyche isn't inspiring but better than the 3 above

Can't beliefs we are in 5th year in PL and these are names being spouted

Codman Haddock
28-05-2017, 09:57 PM
If it's Monk we might as well give up

Codman Haddock
28-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Or Dyche. Or Hodgson.

Jim Cannon
28-05-2017, 10:41 PM
This list isn't inspiring.. which is odd considering our squad and potential tbh

The Ones I really don't want and I'd imagine most would agree would be

Monk
Coleman
Hodgson

Even dyche isn't inspiring but better than the 3 above

Can't beliefs we are in 5th year in PL and these are names being spouted

To be fair they are all being spouted as nobody actually knows who the club wants, they are either available or plausible choices in the eyes of the media and some fans

Friskey
29-05-2017, 07:03 AM
If we end up with Hodgson/Dyche/Monk/the bloke from Fulham then it would have been a huge error to allow Silva to go to bloody Watford.

I think we must have some better lined up.

Thefunkymonk
29-05-2017, 07:04 AM
To be fair they are all being spouted as nobody actually knows who the club wants, they are either available or plausible choices in the eyes of the media and some fans

I agree.