PDA

View Full Version : Nik Michopoulos from Burnley

francis_out
28-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Word on Clarets MAD, the Burnley website is that we have taken goalkeeper Nik Michopoulos on a 1 month loan and he goes straight into the squad for the Gillingham game.

Snorwood Eagle
28-09-2002, 05:00 PM
Huh? So what happened to that German keeper Sven or something? Did we sign him too?

Justy C
28-09-2002, 05:05 PM
It is also up on their official site...

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10413~277336,00.html

It said that his last game for the Burnley 1st team was against Palace - how did he play?

Jaffa
28-09-2002, 05:08 PM
He seems a good keeper from what I remember of him.

pallet
28-09-2002, 05:09 PM
Another matrketing ploy by Jordan, I mean how much will it cost to get his name on the back of a keepers jersey!:p

ozeagle
28-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Justy C
It is also up on their official site...

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10413~277336,00.html

It said that his last game for the Burnley 1st team was against Palace - how did he play?

obviously did ok, although likely he wasn't tested ....

Latvian
28-09-2002, 05:43 PM
He's a good goalie.

Is this the George Clooney look-a-like greek, or another one?

Officer Dibble
28-09-2002, 06:18 PM
It's official. He's signed on a one month loan.
We have also taken the german Scheuer on a short term contract.
Alex is out tomorrow so one of the new boys will play.

Sir.S.C Remembered
28-09-2002, 11:03 PM
He was a great shot stopper. Remember when Burnley got promoted and we were under A. Smith they played us early on and we mullered them but he was awsome and black was on fire. Payton scored to win 1-0 with their only shot of the game

Jimbo ?
28-09-2002, 11:43 PM
heard of him before - always thought he was a decent keeper - lets just hope so!

davematt
29-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Great shot stopper. As already said, under Smith he was world class, and somehow we won the game. He should start tommorow, but how good is the German fella. We can not judge him on being a understudy for arguebly the best kepper in the world. Who plays tommorow is the big question?

What?
29-09-2002, 03:18 AM
Why has he not been playing this season then?

CPFC_R_GREAT
29-09-2002, 04:24 AM
there's the question!

What?
29-09-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by CPFC_R_GREAT
there's the question!

So wheres the answer?

Sussex Eagle
29-09-2002, 05:51 AM
Apparantly Marlon Beresford was signed and he hasn't had a look in since. :( doesn't bode well, I'm never impressed by Beresford. Still, should be good for a short-term fix.

Riccardo
29-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
He seems a good keeper from what I remember of him.

Same here, quite rate him actually. Surprised he doesn't get in the Burnley team now.

Benzhiyi
30-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Good start from Nic today. Didn't have much to do but made a great save on the first goal and was unlucky with the rebound. Certainly felt more confident with him in goal than with Kolinko - wouldn't complain if the move becomes permanent!

Lords Eagle
30-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Good start from Nic today. Didn't have much to do but made a great save on the first goal and was unlucky with the rebound. Certainly felt more confident with him in goal than with Kolinko - wouldn't complain if the move becomes permanent!
Have to say I wasn't all that impressed he seemed fairly static for corners, crosses etc. and almost let an easy shot slip under his body, never looked like commanding his box. However, only his first game som jury's out for now.

AddiscombeEagle
30-09-2002, 02:57 PM
I agree, I thought he looked a bit dodgy.

sydnsteve
01-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

Some people really don't like Kolinko. I thought the Greek guy looked extremely dodgy, coming out when he shouldn't and staying when he should have collected crosses. His distribution was so slow it was embarassing. Rather have Alex any day. Don't think he was at fault with the goal, but hard to say without replays. Why didn't we get any?

Cleon
01-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Rate him, good keeper.

Thought he did ok for his first game behind ten players he'd only met the day before. Very surprised he wasn't playing for Burnley, maybe a little erratic? Happy to keep him for cover over the next month.

Gooders
01-10-2002, 05:06 PM
As I said on another thread, I think he cost us the game.

He actually had very little to do in the game.

You could argue that he was unlucky to spill the shot that led to their first but he very nearly let another one slip through shortly afterwards.

Quite why he stayed on his line whilst the ball was bobbing around the 6 yard box prior to their second, I have no idea.

And just after that, he flapped badly at a cross and was rescued by a clearing header.

I think he looked very shaky indeed.

BUNGLE
01-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Not rated by the Burnley fan I know, a flapper apparently. :eek: