PDA

View Full Version : Luke Chadwick On Loan ?


Duke
09-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Says on Skysports he wants first team footie and would consider a loan.

sounds good to me....

thoughts?

Beanie
09-10-2002, 05:34 PM
To what end specifically?

On the face of it a pointless exercise.

Skin Up
09-10-2002, 05:34 PM
He'd scare the younger players. They would think the bodgeyman's come after them.

Duke
09-10-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
To what end specifically?

On the face of it a pointless exercise.

pointless why?

He is an extremly talented player. and we are hardly overrun with decent wingers - we have one in wayne and that's it.

He would be a great loan signing seeing as we haven;t got any cash to spend on players.

ozeagle
09-10-2002, 06:36 PM
wants Man U to loan him out...

please Trevor, move heaven and earth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Beanie
09-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Duke
pointless why?

He is an extremly talented player. and we are hardly overrun with decent wingers - we have one in wayne and that's it.

He would be a great loan signing seeing as we haven;t got any cash to spend on players.

So, he's around for a month, maybe three, taking the place of somebody who is with us long term and stopping them having any chance at improvement. He then swans off either back up north, or on some better offer leaving us in the same position we are now. Loans are great for the loaning club - like the experience Kabba is getting at Grimsby - good in an emergency - such as Michopolous (sp) - but lousy in other circumstances. We still haven't recovered from Forrsell going back and leaving us a striker short.

And as to cash - do you seriously think we could afford his wages? Remember we pay the wages he gets now, not the wages that we would pay if he signed for us.

I was wrong - it's not pointless, it's pointless and expensive.

brighton_eagle
09-10-2002, 06:38 PM
uglier than Rubins.

A good player mind.....could be great for us on loan for the rest of the season.

le piddler
09-10-2002, 06:55 PM
No, he's too f**king ugly!!!! :o

Icy
09-10-2002, 07:05 PM
And as to cash - do you seriously think we could afford his wages? Remember we pay the wages he gets now, not the wages that we would pay if he signed for us.

Not true, in some cases (esp with big teams youth players) the loaning club will pay some or all of the wages. It makes sense for them as a player that would usually be playing for the reserves will be gaining first team experience in a tougher league and they would have been paying the wages anyway.

Seems like a good idea to me while gray gets back to full fitness and if he brings some of the manc scum attitude down the winning ways may rub of onto our team.

Beanie
09-10-2002, 07:11 PM
Accept your point Icy - but that is the minority and only if it suits the loaning club. Chelsea did it with Forrsell. Even at 50% he'd be expensive though. I'd rather develop one of our players than see the club pay out to improve somebody elses squad.

Papster
09-10-2002, 07:23 PM
We've got four wingers (Wayne, Tommy, Jules and Rubins) who are young and improving. Don't get ugly in, our attendences will drop

ozeagle
09-10-2002, 07:43 PM
at all costs...

:p

Icy
09-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Accept your point Icy - but that is the minority and only if it suits the loaning club. Chelsea did it with Forrsell. Even at 50% he'd be expensive though. I'd rather develop one of our players than see the club pay out to improve somebody elses squad.

Fair play, however if we could get manc to cover all his wages id rather see the ugly twats skills (which are top drawer) down at Selhurst rather than anyone else. Just think where wed be if wed have taken Webber on loan from them.

We've got four wingers (Wayne, Tommy, Jules and Rubins) who are young and improving. Don't get ugly in, our attendences will drop

I think we have the best wingers in the first divison to be fair but Rubins cant seem to get a game under Francis, Jules doesnt look his old self yet and Francis seems to think Black is a striker, so for a few months it sounds viable. Personally id rather see a natural finisher brought in though.

Gazza2
09-10-2002, 08:00 PM
See thread in Transfer forum

brighton_eagle
09-10-2002, 08:30 PM
This talk of wages....does anyone actually know what he is currently on? I doubt it's that much, as man u have had a reasonable tight policy on that front, until recently.

I would take him, but, it would have to be on loan for the rest of the season.

henryhallandhisbasque
09-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Are Man U going to help us out with his toothpaste bills?

Icy
09-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Are Man U going to help us out with his toothpaste bills?

:D

Maybe we could get some advice from Real Madrid now theyve looked after Ronaldo

Duke
09-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Beanie your right to a point about developing our own players - but are there any in this position that we could develop?

Black is too unpredicatable and often non existent

Gray only coming back into the team after injury and Rubins has no chance at palace. So we have Wayne and that's it.

CHadwick is pure class - although damn ugly. I wouldn't look to take him for a month - until the end of the season would be well worth while, but as you say the 's have to be right before we proceed.

Gooders
09-10-2002, 10:57 PM
I refuse to entertain the prospect of us signing, even on loan, a geezer with teeth that the druids could use as a place of worship.

Beanie
10-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Duke
Beanie your right to a point about developing our own players - but are there any in this position that we could develop?




Whilst this may be true, it is only made worse by the short termi nature of loans. When any loan player leaves the space he filled is still empty, the club have advanced not at all. I go back to Forrsell. We needed a striker and got him on loan, he did well for the club whilst here - but left leaving us still needing a striker, a position which still hasn't been fully corrected.

What motivation do fringe players have if others are bought in short term to fill a place they might have filled? On another thread there is talk of what Steve Kabba might feel when (if) back from Grimsby. At least all the others in his position are Palace players, how would it be if he was kept out of the team because we borrowed somebody? If the players in the reserves (and possibly academy) aren't good enough even to be developed then we should be looking to off-load them and sign, not borrow, replacements. That way the wage bill doesn't go up, which is probably more important than the one-off fee. At the moment the transfer market is hardly dynamic, so if we need to keep the players we've got we should make the best we can of them. A loan player is just a short term possible fix, we need to take the longer (and usually cheaper) view.

The Pieman
10-10-2002, 05:19 PM
everytime anyone talks about a loan it is always to palace.
rumour has it Rivaldo isn't too happy aty Ac Milan, what do you think.

Duke
10-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Get him in if they pay his wages! :p ;)

Ouch that Hurt!
11-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by The Pieman
everytime anyone talks about a loan it is always to palace.
rumour has it Rivaldo isn't too happy aty Ac Milan, what do you think.

and this

http://www.soccernet.com/europe/news/2002/1011/20021011batistuta.html

glaziers fan
13-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Firstly Luke Chadwick. He is not as good as Wayne Routledge. Fact. He is not as good as Julian Gray. Fact. I thought you said he was looking for first-team football, so why come to Palace?!

Secondly Batigol. What an incredible signing he would be if we could get ourselves in the Premiership. We will need a player of his calibre if we are to survive in the Premiership should we gain promotion this season

Duke
14-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
He is not as good as Julian Gray.

you must be joking! - or mad :moo:

ozeagle
14-10-2002, 05:50 PM
rather him than aki in the midfield...

:p

Jaffa
14-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Firstly Luke Chadwick. He is not as good as Wayne Routledge. Fact. He is not as good as Julian Gray. Fact. I thought you said he was looking for first-team football, so why come to Palace?!

Secondly Batigol. What an incredible signing he would be if we could get ourselves in the Premiership. We will need a player of his calibre if we are to survive in the Premiership should we gain promotion this season

Doctor, a couple of whatever he is taking please...

Chadwick is better than Routledge or Gray... hence Chadwick has 1st team experience at Manchester United and Routledge and Gray ply their trade for a mediocre 1st Division team...

and Batistuta... perlease... he would command wages far in excess of what we can afford... and as for keeping us in the Premiership... see "Ravanelli: Guide to Premiership Survival" available at all discount book shops now...

Latvian Eagle
14-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Chadwick is better than Routledge or Gray... hence Chadwick has 1st team experience at Manchester United and Routledge and Gray ply their trade for a mediocre 1st Division team...

Routledge is a better prospect but I have to agree about Gray. Julian Gray is a Winger and he CAN'T Cross the ball. What good is a winger who can't cross or shoot or at least be able to use his weaker foot a little?! I tell you it's no good. :veryangry Chadwick would be a good loan player for us, him on the right, Routledge onto the left.

dicky_boy
20-10-2002, 04:42 PM
How about Chadwick on the right and play Routledge behind the front two?????

pete eagle
20-10-2002, 04:46 PM
good player but he is so ugly:o

sydney eagle
20-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Stick Chadwick on the right wing,Rubins on the left and scare the opposition into conceding goals...what a plan;):p

sydney eagle
20-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
Stick Chadwick on the right wing,Rubins on the left and scare the opposition into conceding goals...what a plan;):p Maybe get in the player who most resembles the FA cup Francis Jeffers in to scare the defence in the middle of the park.:D

Clapham Grand
20-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Seems that Chadwick could be going on loan to Preston if you believe the Observer

Mong!
21-10-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Routledge is a better prospect but I have to agree about Gray. Julian Gray is a Winger and he CAN'T Cross the ball. What good is a winger who can't cross or shoot or at least be able to use his weaker foot a little?! I tell you it's no good. :veryangry Chadwick would be a good loan player for us, him on the right, Routledge onto the left.

Ive been saying this for ages! Finally someone agrees with me!!

Walrus
23-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Duke


He is an extremly talented player. and we are hardly overrun with decent wingers - we have one in wayne and that's it.

He would be a great loan signing seeing as we haven;t got any cash to spend on players.

Luke Chadwick - extremely talented ? He's looked like a lost child in the wilderness whenever I've seen him play. That's not to say that he'd be a capable division 1 player though. Can he play on the left ?

Glazed&Confuzed
23-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
This talk of wages....does anyone actually know what he is currently on? I doubt it's that much, as man u have had a reasonable tight policy on that front, until recently.

I would take him, but, it would have to be on loan for the rest of the season.

I would doubt that actually. Club's like United can afford to pay even their fringe players 20K a week. I think this thread is a bit pointless I'm afraid. If he's looking to go out on loan I can only see it being to a Premiership club both for the sake of the player and United. Plus there's the wages involved.;)

I think it would be more likely that he would join up with McClaren at boro.:p

Ben H
25-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Tell me something, why oh why would he want to come to a team of paupers like us? Every team in the division would take him, he'd hardly be coming to us now would he.