PDA

View Full Version : Austin and Frampton released?

Hang The DJ
15-10-2002, 03:42 AM
Anyone able to confirm or deny a rumour that Dean Austin and Andrew Frampton's contracts have been paid up?

Can't see the cost saving benefit in it given both players contracts are up at the end of the season unless some kind of deal has been done. However, neither are likely to get another club at the moment so why would they accept?

ozeagle
15-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Hang The DJ
Anyone able to confirm or deny a rumour that Dean Austin and Andrew Frampton's contracts have been paid up?

Can't see the cost saving benefit in it given both players contracts are up at the end of the season unless some kind of deal has been done. However, neither are likely to get another club at the moment so why would they accept?

would make sense, wage bill needs trimming by 97 000

arussell
15-10-2002, 05:09 AM
Unlikely to be true - since Frampton was in the team for today's reserve match until it was postponed.

bald-eagle
15-10-2002, 03:25 PM
Surely at this stage of deano's contract it is not a saving to pay his contract up?? We might as well keep him so that at least he's available if TF should need him. And surely Frampton can't be on anything like big wages compared to others...mind you I wouldn't worry if he went since I don't think he's going to make it anyway.

NewRoadBee
28-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Apparently Frampton is joining Bees this week on 2 year contract.

Whats he like lads?

GUCCI Eagle
28-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by NewRoadBee

Whats he like lads?

Mediocre

Men At Work
28-10-2002, 01:45 PM

Whats he like lads?

I always try to see some good in players but I can't in Frampton. He's extremely slow and has awful positioning. More of a 'stopper' than a player so may work at centre-half. Looks well out of place in the First Division. He may be OK in yours.

Ollie Ox
28-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
Mediocre
At best . more like inadequate , non dimensional, a non event of a football player .

Gooders
28-10-2002, 02:29 PM
I could try to be positive but...no I can't.

Don't hold your breath waiting for anything spectacular.

Cue Framps scoring from a 30-yard free-kick on his debut. :rolleyes:

AJ1969
28-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Anyone able to confirm or deny a rumour that Dean Austin...'s contracts have been paid up?

If that's true it's made my year - yippee. Harrison must be next

wedgetail
28-10-2002, 04:16 PM
The Evening Standard is carrying this story:

Downes targets defender Frampton
Wally Downes today hopes to complete the signing of Andy Frampton on a free transfer from Crystal Palace.

The Brentford manager, speaking after his side's 3-2 win at Stockport, said of the 23-year-old central defender: "Andy would be a valuable acquisition."

Beanie
28-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Is it the ES or Downes who is making a booboo here?

Central Defender??:clown: surely not - it seems when he is at his best (a comparitive concept in his case) it has been at full back.

On the Austin query - no knowledge but could Kit Symons approaching fitness have anything to do with it?

Al From Bromley
28-10-2002, 04:47 PM
I'd like to hear Alan Russell's opinion on Frampton rather than the scathing. unnecessary criticisms above. He was good enough for Coppell to play him and Wally Downes is no mug either.

RichieG
28-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Me too, I think some of you have been a bit harsh on a young man who whilst he has never featured extensively for Palace may well be a good buy for Brentford.

Don't worry Bees fans, he's not as bad as some of our BBS cynics think ;)

Is he Alan?

Feather
28-10-2002, 04:57 PM
I am sure that I heard (read) a rumour that one of the main reasons he got a professional contract at Palace was because he was connected with Uncle Ron is some way.

Of course it is just a coincidence that he is off to Brentford now.....

Gooders
28-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Alan doesn't think anything much of him either.

Al From Bromley
28-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Are you Alan's finger puppet? :)

Gooders
28-10-2002, 10:07 PM
No - I am his tennis shorts.

FOSSBLOKE
28-10-2002, 10:26 PM

Heard this last week - apparently Frampton and Deano are not '100% committed to the cause'. TF met with SJ last week to try to cancel their contracts. The report in the Standard tonight would seem to confirm that there is some truth in this.

arussell
29-10-2002, 12:13 AM
"Okey dokey pig in a pokey" - who says that ? ;)

As to what I think about Frampton ...

Without wishing to be too scathing - I'd say Graham got it right with his post really. Framps is too slow, which is his main disadvantage. Sadly he's not very effective in the air and can often be caught napping when on the ball (which can be a definite problem with his lack of speed) .

I guess the one good point you could count in his favour, is that at least he is committed, and will try his best (even if that sadly isn't quite good enough). I've seen him play many games - and like Robert Quinn before him - he's never caught my eye in any game he's played in.

I wish him the best at Brentford - and I am surprised he lasted so long with us - but I'm at a complete loss as to why the Bees would want him. The left sided defenders they have already, are far better than Framps is.

Unless of course it's summit to do with Uncle Ron - who was the only reason that Frampton got a contract with us in the first place ?

AJ
29-10-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by arussell

As to what I think about Frampton ...

Without wishing to be too scathing - I'd say Graham got it right with his post really. Framps is too slow, which is his main disadvantage. Sadly he's not very effective in the air and can often be caught napping when on the ball (which can be a definite problem with his lack of speed) .

Alan, that kinda sums me up too, except I am 40 this year and have an excuse for it:eek: :eek:

Gooders
29-10-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by arussell

No one that I know of.

Although it does sound very much like what the character Pauline in The League of Gentlemen is fond of saying - she says "okey cokey pig in a pokey".

:)

cpfcben
29-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Frampton seals Bees switch ^top
Defender Andrew Frampton has joined Second Division side Brentford on a two-year contract after being released by Crystal Palace.
The 23-year-old has been restricted to only two substitute appearances under Eagles boss Trevor Francis so far this season and he was keen to kick-start his career with a move away from Selhurst Park to gain some first-team experience.
Frampton has signed a two-year contract with the Bees, who are owned by former Eagles chairman Ron Noades, and goes straight into their squad for the clash with Plymouth Argyle at Griffin Park on Tuesday.
Frampton made 29 appearances for the Eagles first team after coming through the ranks as a schoolboy and then trainee but was deemed surplus to requirements at Selhurst Park by Francis.

NewRoadBee
29-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the references guys :rolleyes: :p

Eagerly await his debut tonight :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

BUNGLE
29-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Fairly decent player.

Al From Bromley
29-10-2002, 05:54 PM
His dad wrote some good tunes in the seventies :)

David
29-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Frampton seals Bees switch
Defender Andrew Frampton has joined Second Division side Brentford on a two-year contract after being released by Crystal Palace.
The 23-year-old has been restricted to only two substitute appearances under Eagles boss Trevor Francis so far this season and he was keen to kick-start his career with a move away from Selhurst Park to gain some first-team experience.
Frampton has signed a two-year contract with the Bees, who are owned by former Eagles chairman Ron Noades, and goes straight into their squad for the clash with Plymouth Argyle at Griffin Park on Tuesday.
Frampton made 29 appearances for the Eagles first team after coming through the ranks as a schoolboy and then trainee but was deemed surplus to requirements at Selhurst Park by Francis.

From www.teamtalk.com

Steve in Phoenix
30-10-2002, 06:39 AM
Best thing I remember of him was that he was a tidy passer.. he always looked like a 2nd or 3rd division player though. Not as good as Folan who I think joined you.

sydney eagle
30-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Al from Bromley
His dad wrote some good tunes in the seventies :) wasn't too fond of the big blonde boofy hair though;) but at least he "came alive" unlike Andrew

:D

Gooders
30-10-2002, 07:43 AM
Did he play NRB? If so, how did he look?

MAFL
30-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Is Austin injures or what?
He hasnt been on the bench for a while.
Maybe there is something in the rumour.

NewRoadBee
30-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Did he play NRB? If so, how did he look?

He came on with 15-20 minutes left. First impressions looked okay but he didn`t have much to do. Looks like Wally thinks he can provide an option at left back as our regular (Ijah Anderson) is injured.

Steve in Phoenix- Tony Folan is now in Ireland playing part-time for Galway or Bohemians. Brentford lost patience with him in the end (to be fair he had a lot of chances though)
Had great ability but not the application. A wasted talent eh :rolleyes:

N Herts Eagle
30-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Acccording to Teamtalk TF is quoted as saying that the club are close to agreeing Dean a pay off allowing him a free transfer.
Sure not the most gifted player I have seen and made some mistakes !but his heart was certainly in it and the goal at Norwich in the adminstration season was wonderful moment.

Good Luck Deano

bald-eagle
30-10-2002, 02:23 PM
I'd keep Deano.....Sorry, I'll get me coat.

AndyChapman
30-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Deono is agreeing a pay off with sj trust me!

arussell
30-10-2002, 03:17 PM
I think Antwi being on the bench (and coming on) last night, tells us all we need to know about Deano's future at Palace.

At last - the way is hopefully being cleared for some of our younger players to take a starring role :)

Cleon
30-10-2002, 03:20 PM
Frampton to Brentford - I hope he does well. He never looked good enough to justify more of a chance at Palace. I'll always remember him being on the end of a fantastic 60 yard pass from Fan Zhiyi at the Abbey Stadium when we lost 2-0 to Cambridge United. It was on the best passes I'd seen a Palace player play. Unfortunately Frampton failed to control it, and it went out for a goal kick.

Austin pay-off - If an agreement can be reached, and we pay him something less than 75% of his outstanding contract, then it's not a bad decision. He's simply not good enough, although I'd always respect him for the effort he's put in over the years. Good luck in finding a new club Deano.

hilairehair
30-10-2002, 03:23 PM

Whats he like lads?

NRB, Have you seen Norman Sylla yet? Is he playing for Brentford reserves this week?

Popester
30-10-2002, 03:36 PM
I am not surprised he has signed for the Bees.

I have it on good authority that he was only offered a contract at Palace because he is a family friend of Uncle Ron's. Apparently the youth team coach at the time (Peter Nic??) didnt rate him.

Feather
01-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Hello?

wedgetail
24-11-2002, 01:05 PM
apparently we are interested in Ijah Anderson from Brentford.