PDA

View Full Version : Hannu Thinanin

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-10-2002, 03:38 AM
I know I spelt it wrong and I know we need to stop transfers and cut the wage bill and have Popovic, Powell and Symins (plus Mullins) but is he still at Viking as I didn;t see him when they played Chelsea the other week. Would be nice to have him at Palace

Jimbo ?
18-10-2002, 02:50 PM
wont happen though!

Tor
18-10-2002, 02:59 PM
We would have to pay at least 1m, maybe more, to land him now. His move to Bundeliga collapsed, and he's looking for alternatives after the norwegian season ends in November.

From my point of view, and I've watched him alot, he's class. Strong, quite fast and excellent in the air. A real threat at corners and free-kicks.

I certainly believe Hannu would consider Palace if offered a deal, the problem is that there are lots of bigger clubs after him. He'll go to some decent team in Germany, Belgium, France or Spain, I reckon.

Icy
18-10-2002, 03:15 PM
wasnt he the guy that played for West ham a couple of seasons ago?

If so he was superb, definately premiership quality

Tor
18-10-2002, 03:37 PM
Yes, he was on loan to West Ham and played a handful of matches. Did quite well.

sammy
18-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Hannu Tihinen plays for Anderlecht now. But another good finnish defender is still playing for Viking, Toni Kuivasto that is. He will propably be moving on after the norvegian season ends.

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tor
Yes, he was on loan to West Ham and played a handful of matches. Did quite well.

O you mean the ex HJK, MyPa and FC IIves player who is about 26? Yes he is decent I guess but had prblems defending against Chelsea as even at Viking many chances were created

Tor
18-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
O you mean the ex HJK, MyPa and FC IIves player who is about 26? Yes he is decent I guess but had prblems defending against Chelsea as even at Viking many chances were created

Due to Chelsea being a far superior side to Viking. Even Alessandro Nesta would have had trouble in the Viking defence that night. Viking are poor. (but miraculously won)

Tor
18-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sammy
Hannu Tihinen plays for Anderlecht now. But another good finnish defender is still playing for Viking, Toni Kuivasto that is. He will propably be moving on after the norvegian season ends.

I thought there was something with Belgium...didn't realize the deal was done. Thanks for clearing that up. Guess he's out of reach, then...

dicky_boy
20-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Good solid strong defender,I would love to see him in a back three with Popo and Powell,but like someone has said,it will never happen.
shame