PDA

View Full Version : the transfer window is pants

mikestock
31-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Well it is. It's killed all the amusing and outrageous transfer rumours we normally hear about through the season.

I know it's not just the transfer window that has slowed the transfer market this season, but it is still pants. Why can't players move when they want to

hughff
01-11-2002, 12:12 AM
I have to agree. It's not helped the smaller clubs because if they need to sell, they may have to wait months before they can. And it's boring. This used to be one of teh best forums on the board but now it's a dead fish. Dump the window -- let the money and the players circulate.

pete eagle
01-11-2002, 12:15 AM
the domestic windows will come down very very soon if the EU have anything to do with it. International ones will still be in place but i doubt whether domestic ones will be in place for very much longer

arussell
01-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by mikestock
It's killed all the amusing and outrageous transfer rumours we normally hear about through the season.

Shouldn't make too much difference here. This forum can still be used to discuss players that you'd like to see come to Palace (especially lower league ones, as those clubs need the money more than most others).

firesign
01-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Although I love the gossip as much as anyone I actually think it's a good idea. Clubs have to make the best of what they've got.

Icy
01-11-2002, 01:07 PM
So far the only good thing i can see about it is that is stopped Man u going out and buying 20 new players as soon as they lost some games / got some injuries. Its definately screwing thier season up so far which is class :D

Sir.S.C Remembered
01-11-2002, 06:22 PM
agreed. Although it lets me get more sleep whilst it is closed as I know I won't wake up to see Routledge gone

StevieCsredandbluearmy
03-11-2002, 06:21 PM
At least we have a chance to win some games before SJ sells off our best players to recoup his losses. I am beginning to wonder if he has lost interest in the club.

TAK
04-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by hughff
And it's boring. This used to be one of teh best forums on the board but now it's a dead fish.

Ah but just you wait until the window opens then this will be the busiest forum going for a little while. Short but sweet if you like your gossip and scare storys.

Scoot
05-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by firesign
Although I love the gossip as much as anyone I actually think it's a good idea. Clubs have to make the best of what they've got.
Unless your name is Portsmouth :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gooders
05-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Yeah, but I wouldn't like to be a Pompey fan if they don't make it up this season, as Milanderic or whatever his name is will probably call time this time.

And whilst it's a bit off-topic (I didn't want to start a whole new thread), did anyone see Redknapp whinging about their game with Leicester at the weekend? Yes it was farcical and should never have been given the go ahead but I bet he wouldn't have been moaning if they hadn't lost. W@nker.

bald-eagle
06-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Effectively there really isn't a transfer window unless you're buying from abroad. It's just a convienient way for boards at clubs to say they can't buy anyone. We could sign anyone from the prem or elsewhere if we wanted. Just sign 'em on loan and tie the deal up in January. Only problem is....WE'VE GOT NO MONEY

mikestock
17-09-2003, 11:56 AM
thought i would revive this thread as we have now had a full season with the transfer window in place. i still stand by original statement that i don't think it iproves the game.

nookiebear
17-09-2003, 12:41 PM
I just read this thread without checking the dates and got very confused :)

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
17-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear
I just read this thread without checking the dates and got very confused :)

Ive just done the same thing! :D

I also think that its pants. (The transfer window that is)

mikestock
17-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Cheerleader Observer
Ive just done the same thing! :D

I also think that its pants. (The transfer window that is)

Sorry guys

was bored and trrawling through old threads.

didn't mean to confuse anyone.

I know that the window is only partially relevant as we can sign players from other league clubs, but as i understand it exemption for league clubs is only temporary for duration ITV tv deeal would have run. which i think means next season it will be in full force across all the divisions

17-09-2003, 04:56 PM
So, basically, Its Bollox

hughff
17-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Hate it still.

John.K
17-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Agreed its pants!!

Shipp Ahoy!
17-09-2003, 08:54 PM
same

18-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Only good thing i guess is that if you really want to hold onto a player but know that there's premiership interest in him. If you wont be able to say no to the money, you have times when you will keep that player safe!

Beanie
18-09-2003, 10:41 AM
The Transfer Window has guarenteed that Hayden Mullins will be with us at least until Christmas, hasn't prevented us selling AA, isn't a factor in the JG problem and has made no difference to our opportunity to buy players (we just need the ability).

Why the fuss?

kolinkins
18-09-2003, 10:45 AM
It doesnt affect us, whats the problem?

mikestock
18-09-2003, 11:50 AM
it does affect us

we can't sell hayden to a premiership club until dec.

if we could sell hi now we may well get enough money to sign a replacement. in dec we may not.

so it does affect us

What?
18-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
the domestic windows will come down very very soon if the EU have anything to do with it. International ones will still be in place but i doubt whether domestic ones will be in place for very much longer

Well, its been nearly a year, and the bugger is still here