PALACE EYE INVINCIBLE

Watford and Palace are keeping a close eye on the unsettled Swindon
midfield star DANNY INVINCIBLE.

The Australian has already snubbed a deal with the cash-strapped
club and will become a free agent when his contract expires next
summer.

(c) NOTW

Took this from Ray B's great CP-Fris

I have seen a few goals he has scored on Nationwide footie extra and he has looked quite good. Some of TF's signings have been promising so shall we trust him? Any info or anyone who has seen him play please feel free to put up info, others what you think?

I think its all a lie started by his agent as I doubt Watford want to add to their wage Bill

P.S. Thought he played upfront

sexyrazor
04-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Great name!!

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/content/swfc/media/db/S25/24344.JPEG

Hedgehog
04-11-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I think its all a lie started by his agent as I doubt Watford want to add to their wage Bill
What makes you think we do?????

What?
04-11-2002, 01:12 AM
If we got him we would be Invin......Oh forget it!

nookiebear
19-11-2002, 09:27 AM
We're after him, apparently

Right-sided midfielder from Swindon

Is he the man to make us, er, invincible...?

El Aguila
19-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Is this real? I hope so!

Gooders
19-11-2002, 09:33 AM
Us and Watford, allegedly.

And their finances are in an even more parlous state than ours.

sydney eagle
19-11-2002, 09:34 AM
am I right in thinking he is an aussie?

Skid Row
19-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Is he the man to make us, er, invincible...?
Doubt it very much.

Skid Row
19-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
am I right in thinking he is an aussie?
It would be best for all if you didnt think but he is an Aussie. :p

sydney eagle
19-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Skid Row
It would be best for all if you didnt think :sob: my brain hurts
:D

Cleon
19-11-2002, 10:07 AM
He gets some good reviews, but then again, we are talking about a team that thought Wayne Carlisle was the solution to all their problems. I certainly wouldn't want to be spending any money on him. We already have Routledge, Black, Johnson, Smith and Butterfield who can all play in that position.

Benny B Block
19-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Perhaps Swindon are looking for a means of generating funds to pay off Ruddocks overdue wages?

StevieCsredandbluearmy
19-11-2002, 02:18 PM
We haven't got any money to buy players. SJ is gradually unloading players in case you lot hadn't noticed. Rumour has it that he is going to sell the entire squad, bugger off on the proceeds, and leave TF to find about 14 loan players to field each week.

OK, I am joking about the last part, but we are a selling club at the moment and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

bald-eagle
19-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Like about 70 of the other Nationwide clubs you mean

nookiebear
19-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Maybe we have to sell before we buy, which might explain why Black's being touted with a move to Carlisle

Invincible and Black are both right-sided midfielders, so maybe it's one in, one out...

Bartman
19-11-2002, 02:56 PM
A very good friend of mine is a lifelong Swindon fan, and has been banging on about Danny Invincible for a couple of years. I went down to the County Ground to watch him a couple of times, and whilst he looked good, I'm not entirely convinced.
Swindon turned down an offer from Blackpool for 200k so we'd have to do a bit better than that. He's good at taking people on, is pretty creative and is a crowd pleaser. He hasn't done very well this season but perhaps he needs a change?
With Tony Popovic with us I don't think we'll have problem signing him if we want him.

The Vicar
19-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Bartman
He's good at taking people on, is pretty creative and is a crowd pleaser.

If true, he sounds like he could be what the doctor ordered.

jempie
19-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
Today's News of the World reports...

PALACE EYE INVINCIBLE

Watford and Palace are keeping a close eye on the unsettled Swindon
midfield star DANNY INVINCIBLE.

The Australian has already snubbed a deal with the cash-strapped
club and will become a free agent when his contract expires next
summer.

(c) NOTW

Took this from Ray B's great CP-Fris

I have seen a few goals he has scored on Nationwide footie extra and he has looked quite good. Some of TF's signings have been promising so shall we trust him? Any info or anyone who has seen him play please feel free to put up info, others what you think?

P.S. Thought he played upfront

I know a Swindon fan, and he's supposed to be pretty good.

We've gotta buy him...... just for the quality name!:p :eek: :D

ozeagle
19-11-2002, 06:30 PM
right, here's the scoop.
this bloke played for Carlton in the NSL about 5 years ago.
he's ok, not someone who is going to take us to the top echelon.
:rolleyes:

Stonewall
19-11-2002, 06:42 PM
we could also go for Jamie Victory as well!:rolleyes: :D :D

nookiebear
20-11-2002, 11:21 AM
One of my friends is a Swindon fan and this is what he says about Vincible...

"He's a decent player, yeah, although he's never been encouraged to fulfillhis potential here because our manager is a dolt and doesn't really likehim for whetever reason. He looked better under Roy Evans briefly. Untapped talent, then, depends how you rate Francis at getting that sort of talentout of players. Has played up front, but isn't really a prolific scorer, better bet as an attacking midfielder anywhere across the line. Has a few tricks.

We will sell him too, because as I say the manager hates him for being more popular than him. Nearly all our players are!"

So there you go...

Psychokiller
20-11-2002, 11:30 AM
We will sell him too, because as I say the manager hates him for being more popular than him.
Hmmm, who does that sound like???;)

nookiebear
20-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Hmmm, who does that sound like???;)

Maybe the showers are too cold for the Swindon players, too

Clapham Grand
08-12-2002, 04:03 PM
He wasn't that impressive today, although he did look good compared to the rest of a very poor Swindon team (v Oxford)

Nelson Muntz
08-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Jefferson Louis looked the best of all the forwards at Oxford today, he was a real handful , but still not good enough.
Forget Danny. These lower divison players are not up to it.

Dave
13-06-2003, 11:16 AM
We are linked with Invincible in todays tizer

18mcpalace
13-06-2003, 11:47 AM
I will continue to stress my feeling that the current squad is about three QUALITY players short from making a genuine, serious and sustained challenge for promotion.

From what I have gleaned about Danny Invincible he would not fit the bill in terms of quality, but just add a much of a muchness to the squad. However he is certainly one of the stronger Nationwide Division Two players. But is that what we really want?

I honestly think they way to go is Premiership rejects. That is the way to get up from Division 1. And then a whole new teams needs to be built to survive in the Premiership (look at Bolton, Charlton etc.)

PENGE P
13-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Paul Robinson is being banded about I see

kit82
13-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by PENGE P
Paul Robinson is being banded about I see

I know Berthelin has yet to sign a new contract...!

I hear John Robinson is available though!!! :o :p

JamieBcpfc
13-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Benny B Block
Perhaps Swindon are looking for a means of generating funds to pay off Ruddocks overdue wages?
Maybe its a way of paying the long overdue payment for Ruddocks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl shorts which had to specially made by a granny in a rocking chair and took 3 weeks almost constant knitting to complete

Chillo
13-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Dave
We are linked with Invincible in todays tizer

Perhaps they've just caught up with the story from December? :D

Cruel I know, but funny :)

NewRoadBee
14-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Chillo
Perhaps they've just caught up with the story from December? :D

Cruel I know, but funny :)

Invincible is average at our level so I cannot see him cutting the mustard in division 1.
His team mate Parkin is a far better striker with a more distinguished pedigree and CV who has looked excellent against us for two seasons. He would be a much more prudent investment for Palace....I think he would return 15-18 goals in his target man role.

18mcpalace
19-06-2003, 03:22 PM
any news how this reported bosman deal to Palace is progressing?

Maidstoned Eagle
19-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Isn't it Invincibile? Italian pronunciation?

andymorris
28-06-2003, 06:38 PM
If you believe the Croydon Advertiser something should happen soon on this deal and with Gray now certain to leave it shouldn't be too long before we know if he is a target of just another rumour

Denim Demon
28-06-2003, 07:04 PM
A Heeroo and now maybe one Invincible in the team I like the sound of that.

oldeagle
29-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Whilst I agree that with the lack of money to fritter away at CPFC the way forward is via the academy route we should also seek to develop a scouting network to monitor non league football for any potential gems we might aquire at little or no cost as Crewe Alex. FC have done for a number of years.

wedgetail
29-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Do you really want Crewe as role model?

oldeagle
30-06-2003, 07:17 PM
My point is that whilst Crewe Alex are a bit of a yo yo team they manage to survive on jack all funds and still manage regular promotion (and relegation I know).

CPFC I would imagine is much better placed financially but we tend to insist on "big" purchases rather than seek out bargains / gems from lower divisions.

cpfcben
30-06-2003, 08:09 PM
don't sign this guy he ain't good enough

Strictly Palace
30-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
don't sign this guy he ain't good enough

Agreed. Seen him a few times, I don't really see him as part of a promotion team. I would have the same feeling as I did when we signed Andy Preece - a sort of non-event.

I'd still get behind him though as he would give 100%.

Diehard
01-07-2003, 08:31 AM
INVINCIBLE IN TALKS OVER MOVE TO CAPITAL

09:00 - 01 July 2003

Aberdeen transfer target Danny Invincible could be a Crystal Palace player next season. The Australian is without a club after his contract with Swindon Town expired, but the London club are understood to be in talks with the attacking midfielder. They will face competition from promoted Portsmouth, who are also reported to be interested.

From some Aberdeen website I believe. Right now I just want to sign anybody!!

:S:

Beanie
01-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I almost believed it until it got to the Portsmouth bit. Imagine Pompey next season with Berger, Merson and Invincible in midfield.

Walrus
01-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Isn't it Invincibile? Italian pronunciation?

Something like that :D

Like others have said though from what I've seen of him in Swindon games he'd be lucky to hold down a first team place for us. A good team player mind you.

Jimbo ?
01-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Diehard
. Right now I just want to sign anybody!!

:S:

to true! whilst i look on teletext every day in hope of a palace signing - i really cant see this one being it! I know very little about this guy but i was kinda hoping for a bigger name than this - rather than a swindon reject.....(for some reason i cant help but think back to Butterfield- another decent player but nothing special!)

Diehard
03-07-2003, 10:12 AM
No,Jimbo, for me Butterfield was our most consistent player last term. Although he needs to improve, this is the type of player we need to pick up because they will grow in stature and represent saleable assets in the future.

18mcpalace
04-07-2003, 05:27 PM
seems like the speculation surrounding danny invinceble has died down

zonin2000
04-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Seems so!

Clapham Grand
08-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Gone to Kilmarnock apparently

GOD
08-07-2003, 01:09 PM
That's nice for him!

Jimbo ?
08-07-2003, 05:22 PM
only on trial there, but even so - if we had wanted him i am sure something would have heppened before now, - going to killie is a step or 2 down form palace

Lion
24-07-2003, 11:32 AM
http://www.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=155992&Title=Killie+land+Invincible

Signed for Kilmarnock today.

wholethedougout
27-07-2003, 11:56 AM

John.K
27-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Ahh so we miss out on Invicible ahh well!

greybot
30-08-2003, 01:01 PM
He just scored a hattrick against palace in a pre-season friendly and got 10/10. This is cm4 we are talking about tho :D

Malakite
30-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Invincible would have been a good asset, but then again he would only sit on the bench like Williams and be given a bloomin' chance even with Shipps AND Doung out..LIKE WILLIAMS TODAY :(

JamieBcpfc
30-08-2003, 07:03 PM
come on yet another transfer target slips through our fingers