PDA

View Full Version : David Graham

Walrus
04-11-2002, 12:55 AM
This 23 year old striker lit up the Torquay vs Bournemouth game on Tuesday 29th October, a game I was lucky enough to see at Plainmoor.
Lots of commitment, lots of neat passing, no triple lutz-type rolls when a player was tackled and 4 good Torquay goals.

David Graham was in a totally different class. Fast, good close control and some great flicks and one-touch stuff. His finishing wasn't too shabby either !

He was a youth product of Rangers, and was sold to Dunfermline when he wasn't able to break into the first team. He took a year out of football prior to signing as a free agent for Torquay during last season. We're well off for strikers I know, but keep your eye out for this bloke. He certainly wouldn't look out of place in Div 1, and someone like Charlton or Bolton could be in the market for a goalscorer come Xmas.

Slimbloke'H'
04-11-2002, 01:59 AM
Bloody hell, I didn’t think I’d end up replying to a thread on David Graham here!!!

‘DG’ was signed by Colin Lee at the tail end of the 2000/01season and scored in the dramatic last game of the season win over Barnet - the day before our infamous trip to Edgeley Park.

It was fairly obvious back then to those who follow Torquay that the guy was talented, but he suffered motivationally under Roy McFarland last season and it has to be said, he’s not averse (cough...allegedly) to the odd pint or two...

Leroy Rosenior took over at Torquay after McFarland walked out in the summer and the transformation has been pretty awesome - not least in the way that Graham’s been playing. He is quite similar to Dougie in his style of play and without a doubt he has the physical qualities to play at a much higher level than he is now - the big question is, just how much he wants it.

Generally speaking, football fans are no mugs, and there has obviously been much speculation at Plainmoor as to his future. The considered opinion until this week (bearing in mind his contract was up at the end of the season) had it that he would be gone by Christmas, but in possibly the coup of the season in the lower divisions, Mike Bateson (Torquay’s chairman) and DG have agreed an extension to the latter’s contract until the end of 2005.

When his head’s right, he can be as magical as Dougie can. I don’t know about Charlton or Bolton, but if a team is going to prise him away from Plainmoor, then I hope desperately that it’s Palace.

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-11-2002, 09:34 PM
I :love: Bournemouth

Justy C
04-11-2002, 09:39 PM
This is the bloke that Helen from Soccer AM is always going on about, saying that he should be playing for Scotland. If his style is similar to Dougies then that Scotland cap doesn't look likely (Bertie Vogts - why no Dougie in your squad?).