PDA

View Full Version : Andy Johnson Rumour Mill

Ian Hart
06-11-2002, 10:57 PM
Just picked this up off Reuters news agency:

Birmingham Manager Steve Bruce has tabled a bid worth 3.75m for Palace striker Andy johnson. The offer is 3m in cash, plus striker Clinton Morrison in part exchange.

Stonewall
06-11-2002, 10:59 PM
:rolleyes: :D

Polish Prancer
06-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Has he broken through the transfer window and left glass all over the floor?

KentishEagle
07-11-2002, 10:52 AM
I know i am going to get torn to pieces over this post but let me state i am only passing on information to others....

I have a very good mate who works for the Evening Standard and he has said that our new born striking god Andy Johnson has been seen at Spurs in the last week talking to their officials. Now this mate of mine is not all that interested in Footy but has heard me talking about AJ and rang me just to pass on the information as he knew i was a fan of AJ's. Make of it what you will, but apparently, when the Transfer Window opens in January the Evening Standard are predicting this will be one of the first tranfers through. Lets face it we need money big style and they need a goal scorer big style.

Now i personally think this won't happen as he has only just joined us and hasnt got that much experience but just thought i'd pass on what I had heard.

Also, i think TF would do his nut if we sold AJ and SJ would be lynched selling Clinton then his Goalscoring Replacement!! However, If we are talking 4-5 Million we'd have to take it as that would effectively mean we sold Clinton for 9 - 10 Million - Nice!!!

Lion
07-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Can't see this happening TBH

sydney eagle
07-11-2002, 10:58 AM
No point getting all wound up about transfer rumours until it happens IMHO. I used to get all annoyed when news of one of our players were to be sold but 99% of the time it never happens.Cheers for the info Kentisheagle:p but I'm with you,I don't think it'll happen....well I hope it doesn't anyway

pallet
07-11-2002, 11:01 AM
It could happen depending on where we are in the league. If we revert to the form of the begining of the season, play off hopes disappering , also if Ade is back and banging them.However lets hope this is just a rumour.:D

brighton_eagle
07-11-2002, 11:03 AM
well...if we got 4-5 million for him that it would be an exceptional bit of business and in my opinion would make SJ an incredibly astute business man.

However, it all sounds very unlikely in my opinion.

henryhallandhisbasque
07-11-2002, 11:10 AM
4 to 5 million that the team or the manager would never see again! Still, we get somebody good like Rebrov in part ex:rolleyes:

seagulls rule
07-11-2002, 12:17 PM
He's not worth as much as Zamora then West Brom offered 5 million + for Zamora

El Aguila
07-11-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by seagulls rule
He's not worth as much as Zamora then West Brom offered 5 million + for Zamora
Oh, you ******.

RichieG
07-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Quite, even if true, that was before the ITV digital collapse - you know, the one that knocked the bottom out of the transfer market?

Beanie
07-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Personally, I'd be more concerned about get s**t on my head from the pigs over head, but what do I know.

AJ is looking good for us, but has only scored in 6 games, even if he is scoring in bulk. There are more regular scorers in Div 1 - such as AJ's namesake at Forest, and clubs that need cash even more than Palace - such as Forest. It makes no sense that Spurs - or any club - should jump for AJ yet. He did little on the scoring front at Brum, so I think they'd want to see this run maintained, and not just until January.

Whatever happens you can forget 4-5m, those days are gone. Doubt anybody would bid more than 1.5m in January, may be 2.5m if he kept this up all season.

Jimbo ?
07-11-2002, 01:20 PM
i wouldnt worry - spurs have been linked with every striker in britain at some point!!

local playa
07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
I dont think it will happen, AJ has only been in this form for the last month or so & I cant see many teams willing to splash out on that basis. But if he keeps this form up untill Jan, we could be in a position to sell if the offer was worth 3m+. If it is less than that then forget it but, if AA comes back and starts scoring and Kabba is still doing well either here or at Grimsby then we should have enough cover to replace him. Still it wont happen anyway

Gooders
07-11-2002, 02:16 PM
I'm not shooting the messenger but players that are under contract do not get seen at other clubs talking about possible future transfers. :rolleyes:

Probably it was a different short bald bloke.

Captain Pizza
07-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Polish Prancer
Has he broken through the transfer window and left glass all over the floor?

Good point - I mean if they want to enforce the transfer window 100% you'd think they'd make it out of something a bit stronger than glass, wouldn't you.

AddiscombeEagle
07-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
I'm not shooting the messenger but players that are under contract do not get seen at other clubs talking about possible future transfers. :rolleyes:

Kojak??

Smurph
07-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Captain Pizza
Good point - I mean if they want to enforce the transfer window 100% you'd think they'd make it out of something a bit stronger than glass, wouldn't you.

Don't worry, they've thought of that. It's made of that special safety glass they use in patio doors and it's got little stencils of birds to prevent people bumping into it when its closed.

Del Gland
07-11-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Or possibly Mini Me

RichieG
07-11-2002, 02:31 PM
LOL, MiniMe :D

Captain Pizza
07-11-2002, 03:02 PM
Merging these two threads was a really good decision. :rolleyes:

pete eagle
07-11-2002, 03:04 PM
bald bloke being seen at Tottenham.

Alan Smith anyone?

Smurph
07-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Captain Pizza
Merging these two threads was a really good decision. :rolleyes:

Yes, a strange decision. Pyschokiller was handing out the right end of a stick earlier, I wonder if he's still got it handy?

KentishEagle
07-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Jimmy Summerville???:D

pedro
07-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
i wouldnt worry - spurs have been linked with every striker in britain at some point!!
Don't forget they NEARLY signed Rivaldo as well:rolleyes:

Ruskin Old Boy
07-11-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

They need a few firefighters in their defence as well;)

Ralph
07-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Its more than likely your mate is getting confused with the AJ for WBA who has yet to sign a new contract and was targetted by Hoddle whilst at Southampton.

Ralph
Its more than likely your mate is getting confused with the AJ for WBA who has yet to sign a new contract and was targetted by Hoddle whilst at Southampton.

Ralph

Ralph

pebble@thewooly
07-11-2002, 07:40 PM
jesus.... thers a really bad echo in here:D

leekent1
07-11-2002, 07:55 PM
Ralph,
Do you think the source is getting confused with the AJ who is at WBA and is yet to sign a new contract? Didn't Hoddle go after him while he was at Southampton?

Walrus
07-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by KentishEagle
I know i am going to get torn to pieces over this post but let me state i am only passing on information to others....

I have a very good mate who works for the Evening Standard and he has said that our new born striking god Andy Johnson has been seen at Spurs in the last week talking to their officials. Now this mate of mine is not all that interested in Footy but has heard me talking about AJ and rang me just to pass on the information as he knew i was a fan of AJ's. Make of it what you will, but apparently, when the Transfer Window opens in January the Evening Standard are predicting this will be one of the first tranfers through. Lets face it we need money big style and they need a goal scorer big style.

Now i personally think this won't happen as he has only just joined us and hasnt got that much experience but just thought i'd pass on what I had heard.

Also, i think TF would do his nut if we sold AJ and SJ would be lynched selling Clinton then his Goalscoring Replacement!! However, If we are talking 4-5 Million we'd have to take it as that would effectively mean we sold Clinton for 9 - 10 Million - Nice!!!

Sorry Kentish, your contact must have got AJ confused with referee Dermot Gallacher. Easy mistake to make from a distance, especially when AJ is wearing the black 3rd kit.

Gooders
07-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Sorry, what did you say Ralph?

sydnsteve
08-11-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by leekent1
Ralph,
Do you think the source is getting confused with the AJ who is at WBA and is yet to sign a new contract? Didn't Hoddle go after him while he was at Southampton?

Very funny! I'm not sure that's what he said though.

Gooders
10-11-2002, 09:13 AM
Todays Sunday Mirror (:rolleyes: ) says that Chortelton are after AJ in an attempt to arrest their freefall into the 1st Division.

We wouldn't let a good player go to the pikies though, would we?

Gooders
11-11-2002, 07:47 AM
And todays currant bun quotes Forests David Johnson as saying that Brum were mad to let AJ go and that he will come back to haunt them.

Hope so!

RednBlue
11-11-2002, 10:31 AM
And why would AJ want to leave us? He's a Francis boy and he knows we're going places!

Benzhiyi
11-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by KentishEagle

AJ is a great striker. But, let's face it, he isn't Robbie Keane.........