PDA

View Full Version : Lee Clark right man for Palace!!?? or John Collins?

John.K
09-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Lee Clark has revealed he "will be looking to pastures new" when the transfer window reopens in January after falling out of favour at Fulham.
Clark joined the Whites in a then club-record fee of £3m from Sunderland in 1999 but has since seen his first-team opportunities limited due to a succession of injuries.

The midfielder scored in Wednesday's 3-1 win over Bury in the Worthington Cup third round but is likely to be dropped when Fulham take on Aston Villa on Saturday.

And, as a result, the former Newcastle man admits he is keen to leave the Cottagers in the New Year in order to find regular first-team football.

He said: "I have spoken to the manager and he realises my position and respects that I just want to play football.

"If the opportunity arises come January, and things still have not changed, then I will be looking to pastures new. I have just turned 30 and might only have five or six years left in the game."

He added in the Evening Standard: "I don't want to spend most of it sitting on the bench. But if the manager calls on me I will be there and will give my best."

I have always thought Clark is an attacking minded player so would be just what we need at Palace!! or

John Collins admits he faces a major battle to regain his first-team place at Fulham.
Collins played a major role in the midweek Worthington Cup victory over Bury but realises he is not first choice.
"It's very, very difficult for me," he said. "I thought I did OK against Bury but I know I am a long way off being first choice and if you asked me 'will I stay in the side for the future?' I would say probably not.
"I have to keep working as hard as possible to show the manager I deserve a place. I hope I can do that because I still love playing the game."

Both looking for first team football, Clark is my preferred choice as Collins is a bit old but however is very committed but we dont need another player like that. Although Collins has got a sweet left foot and a great cross. Clark is attacking minded and has good vision so passes the ball well and is not afraid to shoot for goal and but can we afford the transfer of either I doubt it!!:eek:

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Dont think we could afford either player

pete eagle
10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Fulham would look to recoup some of their outlay on Clark.

Gavin Axten
10-11-2002, 11:03 AM
I thought exactly the same thing when I heard on Friday that he might be available,just the sort of player we need but don't think we could afford his wages

Jolly Norwegian
10-11-2002, 11:07 AM
They'd both be great signings, but as they're both on premiershipwages, I don't think we could afford them.

Still, if we can, go for one of them.

John.K
10-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Lee Clark would be a great asset to the club but realisticly no we can't get him!!:sob: :eek: :grrr: :veryangry

c_block_lad
10-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Clark can't do it in the premiership though!

TAK
10-11-2002, 11:43 AM
It might have escaped you but we're not in the Premiereship.

John.K
10-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Stolcers another bench warmer at Fulham. Attacking midfielder/forward. Can play just behind front 2 impressive in Fulham's 3-1 win against Bury scoring 2 of the 3!! He's Latvian!!:p :clown: :hmph:

????????

Gooders
10-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Clark will end up at Pompey if he leaves Foolham.

After all, every other fecker does.

John.K
10-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Clark will end up at Pompey if he leaves Foolham.

After all, every other fecker does.

he he :p however they have got Stone on loan they dont need Clark!! he he:afro:

Flying Higher
10-11-2002, 05:03 PM
loan deal now for Clark would be nice to put in the shop window ( assuming that we can't afford)

John.K
10-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Flying Higher
loan deal now for Clark would be nice to put in the shop window ( assuming that we can't afford)

Good idea loan till the end of the season with the possibility for a permanent move:p

Jimbo ?
10-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by John.K
Stolcers another bench warmer at Fulham. Attacking midfielder/forward. Can play just behind front 2 impressive in Fulham's 3-1 win against Bury scoring 2 of the 3!! He's Latvian!!:p :clown: :hmph:

????????

yeah cant see thatone after rubins
as for clark - we could do far worse - an experienced player would do nicely - but where are we going to play all these players - mullins aki derry gray wayne - all want starting places now

Scoot
11-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Clark can't do it in the premiership though!

Neither can/will any of the current Pompey team but they are doing very nicely in Div1 at the mo.

Beanie
11-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Flying Higher

I appreciate that a loan is limited - but if we can't afford his wages permenantly, why can we afford them on a loan basis? The one off fee would be more manageable than the wages I'd say.

Cleon
11-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
I appreciate that a loan is limited - but if we can't afford his wages permenantly, why can we afford them on a loan basis? The one off fee would be more manageable than the wages I'd say.

Agreed. There is no way we'd be able to match his present wages, so unless Fulham agreed some deal where they continue paying a percentage of his wages that makes him affordable, this one is a non-starter.

Gooders
11-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Shame, because a fit and interested Lee Clark is precisely the sort of player we are still missing in midfield.

biggus mickus
11-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Loan deal, Lee Clark! Yes please.

John.K
11-11-2002, 08:14 PM
The majority are in favour of Lee Clark joining Palace!!:p :o

RDSdaEAGLE
12-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Whether Lee Clark is willing to join Palace is whole different matter!

Gilow
13-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Well of course people are in favour of Clarke joining Palace, that would be a top signing, but can you see him coming!!!!

biggus mickus
13-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Why not? If he gets first team football, both clubs gain from it.
It worked with Ashley Cole. If Fulham want rid of him, it puts him in the shop window, init.

Gilow
13-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Yes! But there is a small thing called money that is needed when buying a player and he aint going to be on peanuts is he???

Cleon
13-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gilow
Yes! But there is a small thing called money that is needed when buying a player and he aint going to be on peanuts is he???

Absolutely. Now, I have a revolutionary idea. Why don't we either:

a> scout the lower divisions for quality players that have previously not been identified, and who would love to play for a club like Palace

or

b> develop our own players by 'coaching' them (I know this is really radical) into becoming better players

I'll get my coat.

jempie
14-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
yeah cant see thatone after rubins
as for clark - we could do far worse - an experienced player would do nicely - but where are we going to play all these players - mullins aki derry gray wayne - all want starting places now

Yes, but I don't think Hayden and Julian will be here for long, once the transfer window opens.

Bartman
14-11-2002, 09:46 AM
I've always rated Lee Clark, sentiments as per Gooders's.

biggus mickus
15-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Gilow

The deal with Chelsea for Forsel (sp) was half wage from us, and half from them.

Beanie
15-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by biggus mickus
The deal with Chelsea for Forsel (sp) was half wage from us, and half from them.

True but that was because Chelsea saw it as a chance to develop a player for themselves. Simple question - what is in it for Fulham? why should they play half his wages so he can play for us? And even so - could we afford half the wages of either of these players?

biggus mickus
15-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Lee Clark on loan for 15 games, or Aki in midfield?
Just a short loan could make a hell of a differance. Our bigish games are in the next couple of months, the end of season run in, is not so bad for a change. Just a little class in midfield would be great.
I shall dream on.:(

glaziers fan
15-11-2002, 04:30 PM
John Collins is the better player, but he is also older. Still, he could definitely help us reach the Premiership.

Gooders
15-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Yes but Biggus, he played for Foolham in their UEFA cup game last night so why would he be even remotely interested in going on loan to a 1st Division team?

Highway Star
17-11-2002, 12:45 AM
Be real guys, Palace can't afford me, so how they gonna afford any players with talent?