PDA

View Full Version : Ray Parlour

Dodger
22-11-2002, 09:57 AM
We often get unlikely and even ridiculous transfer rumours posted here, so I don't feel too bad about posting this.

Looks like Ray Parlour is out of favour at Arsenal and Portsmouth are interested in taking him on (is there any unwanted Premiership player they don't want?)

Could he be the midfield dynamo we need to spearhead our promotion campaign, someone with a bit of flair but also not afraid to get stuck in when the going gets tough.

No doubt his wages would be pretty high, but seeing as we have offloaded a few players recently maybe we could afford it now?

Gooders
22-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Can't see Parlour even remotely considering dropping down to play for Pompey, let alone us.

There would be a queue of mediocre Premiership teams lining up to sign him if he became available.

And I would guess that he's on about 20-25 grand a week.

nookiebear
22-11-2002, 10:01 AM
don't be ridiculous. ;)

Benzhiyi
22-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
Can't see Parlour even remotely considering dropping down to play for Pompey, let alone us.

There would be a queue of mediocre Premiership teams lining up to sign him if he became available.

And I would guess that he's on about 20-25 grand a week.

Indeed. Got it in a nutshell, Gooders.

firesign
22-11-2002, 10:05 AM
A decent player, but he has ridiculous hairstyle - and he is in fact on 38,000 a week :eek:

So, thanks but no thanks.

Psychokiller
22-11-2002, 10:11 AM
For gods sake! The likes of Parlour are not going to be interested in coming to Palace!

Please, someone suggest some more realistic targets!

greybot
22-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
For gods sake! The likes of Parlour are not going to be interested in coming to Palace!

Eidur Gudjohnsen out of sorts with Chelsea, May be interested in coming to Palace ;)

Geezer
22-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Weren't sunderland and leeds interested in him not so long ago?

Dodger
22-11-2002, 11:09 AM

Yeah i know, but it's boring speculating about realistic targets, because we'll end up talking about some 3rd division player who i've never heard of.

Anyway, where were all the mediocre premiership clubs when Merson became available? Oh actually I forgot, he came from a medicore premiership club :moo:

Kirby
22-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Parlours in a different class to Merson, plus he's younger.

There is absolutely no chance in the world he would come to Palace. He's good enough for any Premiership team.

Igor Iconic
22-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Parlours in a different class to Merson, plus he's younger.

There is absolutely no chance in the world he would come to Palace. He's good enough for any Premiership team.

Apart from Arsenal apparently. Or didn't that need saying?
Sorry.

L'head Eagle
22-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Roy Keane will need to get fit again, he might come to us on loan.
Ronaldo has been out of form at Real Madrid and is getting a bit of stick. Maybe he might like a change of scenery in South London to regain his form ??
Lee Bowyer wants to come back to London, why not us ??

Etc, etc, etc, etc

pedro
22-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Dodger
We often get unlikely and even ridiculous transfer rumours posted here, so I don't feel too bad about posting this.

Granted but the rumours are not normally this ridiculous!

The Doctor.
22-11-2002, 02:01 PM
David Trezeguet isn't getting first team footy at Juve y'know...

Walrus
22-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by The Doctor.
David Trezeguet isn't getting first team footy at Juve y'know...
Pah, let him rot.

Shevchenko is not a regular at AC Milan though. Trez isn't fit to lace his boots.

Scoot
25-11-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Igor Iconic
Apart from Arsenal apparently. Or didn't that need saying?
Sorry.

Parlour is currentl;y on Arses injury list.

glaziers fan
25-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by firesign
A decent player, but he has ridiculous hairstyle - and he is in fact on 38,000 a week :eek:

So, thanks but no thanks.

Yeah, and he is not as good as Routledge. Would be a good squad player though if his wages weren't so hight tho!:D

sydnsteve
25-11-2002, 03:22 PM
can't someone please confine this stupid thread to oblivion?

TAK
26-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dodger

No doubt his wages would be pretty high, but seeing as we have offloaded a few players recently maybe we could afford it now?

We've off loaded players because we couldn't afford them, makes no sense to then go any put ourselves back in the same position. I doubt we'll sign anyone new this year and we'll have to make do with what we have got for now.

Teddy
26-11-2002, 03:35 PM
AHHH ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. No

Dodger
26-11-2002, 03:52 PM
can't someone please confine this stupid thread to oblivion?

Well if you didn't reply to it, it wouldn't get bounced back to the top and thus encourage more postings. :clown:

Anyway, why get rid of it? I would imagine that most people would have guessed I was hardly being serious. It's just another tittle tattle thread like 90% of the stuff here that keeps people entertained when they should really be busy working. :eek:

Beanie
26-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by TAK
We've off loaded players because we couldn't afford them, makes no sense to then go any put ourselves back in the same position. I doubt we'll sign anyone new this year and we'll have to make do with what we have got for now.

We've off loaded players who's position on the payroll can't be justified by their likely contribution to the club, which is slightly different to simply not being able to afford them. It does not necessarily mean that a player on lower wages who would contribute could not be signed.

Not saying that there are any lined up, but it is possible there could be the odd one or two, especially if the thinning out continues as I'm sure it will.